Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gladiator games 4e/pathfinder accepting characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm
Arc Vembris
Black Diamond

Dwarven elementalist(Heroes of the Elemental Chaos)

Danger ahead boys, watch out for her killer slopes

I find this utterly horrifying XD

I am SO glad we're in different campaigns, lol
I'd hate to go toe to toe with you.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:48 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Glad Arc is rolling for 4e. Wouldn't want to randomly run into that character in the ring.

You and me both, lol  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 6 8-sided dice: 8, 4, 7, 3, 4, 3 Total: 29 (6-48)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 pm
Rolling hit dice

We roll two for each level and drop the lower one, right?
Aside from level 1 of course, which is maxed.

8 + 8, 4 + 7, 3 + 4, 3 = 27+12(Con) = 39

BEAUTIFUL heart  
loth17 rolled 3 8-sided dice: 1, 7, 3 Total: 11 (3-24)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 pm
Roilvn if he lets you be a noble can i be part of your team?  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm
Roilvn Whiro
Alzzak
Roilvn Whiro
A can I be an ork? And B can we also play the nobles that own the men?

A) in what system.... and do you mean orc?
B) this one you will have to explain better... cause at the moment I am just thinking roleplaying an npc(non-participating character)
I do mean Orc. Pathfinder is my prefered system.

While I may not directly fight in combat, I may have a team under me that I fund and train. I may show favor to other gladiators, crafting admits and helping defeat my enemy nobles. Pure political character that may get into fights, but not his primary role. He will have goals and trails of his own. But I just liked the idea. Or I can play a noble that goes in to the combat as jovial sport.

The second is an option, because it was knights that fought in Europe's tournaments and they were the nobles of their time. So you doing so, wouldn't be out of the realm of insanity. As for the first, at the moment I have no story to the game, other than people fight. If I did, it would be an option, but at the moment, doing so would be more work than I planned  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm
loth17
Roilvn if he lets you be a noble can i be part of your team?

I already said, if you guys want to form teams, instead of letting it be random, it is possible. But, at the moment their would be only one noble, and he would be alone in the stands.

MAYBE, this would be an option if we had more people opting to play.  

Alzzak

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm
Alzzak

The second is an option, because it was knights that fought in Europe's tournaments and they were the nobles of their time. So you doing so, wouldn't be out of the realm of insanity. As for the first, at the moment I have no story to the game, other than people fight. If I did, it would be an option, but at the moment, doing so would be more work than I planned

A bit of a story is always nice. I'm not saying you have to plan out this whole entire world, but maybe just give a couple of tidbits about the kingdom, and a few important NPCs who hang out around the arena.

I actually ATTEMPTED to run a gladiator style game like this a while back. Rather than focusing on gladiators like this one, the players were actually playing nobles like loth mentioned. They would go out in hunting parties and capture wild monsters, and purchase slaves from the market that they would train up to fight for them in the arenas. It was a bit complex but it was a lot of fun.

I myself am interested in just playing a gladiator. But I always enjoy roleplaying my character out, so further world info is always good. If you're interested, I could share with you some of the details from my game. It might give you a couple of ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm
I would be okay with that. Figured the gladiators would fight for some reason. Owned and bets would be one reason. I also have no problem working as a man mostly with npc's and watching my team:  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm
Arc Vembris
Black Diamond

Dwarven elementalist(Heroes of the Elemental Chaos)

Danger ahead boys, watch out for her killer slopes

I hope this character didn't just kill everyone's 4e character wants. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm
Roilvn Whiro
I would be okay with that. Figured the gladiators would fight for some reason. Owned and bets would be one reason. I also have no problem working as a man mostly with npc's and watching my team:

Can I team with you?  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 pm
After three seconds of thought, ill, please send me some info on your game. I will try to build a story for the game. And I shall leave owners as an option for players,

Given,

Owners can't own more than 3 gladiators... and both players must agree to said arrangement

One... The unspent starting gold goes to the owner, not the player's pocket, along with all the future winnings. It will be up to the Owner player to keep their "fighters" equipped.

Two... Owners may use the gold to... twist... the rules slightly in the favor of their fighter. The owner has one day to get back to me, after posting of the fight, to tell me if they will twist it. More on twisting later.

Free fighters, must fight the fight as is, but should they win they get the money for the fight as well a bonus(may be money, or a chance for a magic item of their level) for how well the spectators liked them. Owned fighters, don't get this bonus.

Can everyone agree with this? If someone can't, speak up...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 pm
I agree.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 pm
seems fine to me

also, I plan on having my ratfolk ninja be an unwilling participant in the arena, so if someone playing a noble wants him, he'll be up for grabs.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 pm
Cool loth, so happy to have you on board, again.

I agree. And I feel fighters should get magic items regardless. They are earned.

Betting system? Not needed just a thought.  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm
Roilvn Whiro
Cool loth, so happy to have you on board, again.

I agree. And I feel fighters should get magic items regardless. They are earned.

Betting system? Not needed just a thought.

Awsome blaugh  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces