Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
The Olympics are here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who are you rooting for?
  Barton!
  Durem!
  Aekea!
  Gambino?
View Results

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

Ooh very nice. I actually don't remember Barton winning last year so I have no idea why I have this trophy. lol And I'm not quite sure if I played on mules that year, and if I did they're all gone at this point XD.

Lovely home though, I kinda gave up on homes after I lost MeiMei XD. I rarely go in towns anyways.

I believe the item you have to get 10+ to get the item, so maybe yours was just delayed? I just remember reading somewhere that you had to get above a certain score to get it.

Hmm... I finally got it on all my players, but it took a lot of jumping around for all of them. I still haven't beat 19 as my high score. sad I'm gonna keep trying again... rack up some more points for Durem, lol. xD

The houses really changed since you had MeiMei. For a while there they all went under construction so when I came back I had to rebuild my house but it wasn't the same. You can no longer control when the lights go on or off to keep that ambiance inside, and for a while all the avatar items I had in my home (ie, the trophies, the crystal ball, candles, some of the food I put out on the table, etc.) couldn't be put back n the house. They restored that functionality, thankfully and fixed a bunch of other glitches that were present when I first came back, so now the houses are almost as good as they were back in the day. smile I had to re-decorate my house a bunch of times because they kept overhauling the system a while back. I think it's all stable now though, so if you wanted to get back into the houses now would be the time. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:06 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

Ooh very nice. I actually don't remember Barton winning last year so I have no idea why I have this trophy. lol And I'm not quite sure if I played on mules that year, and if I did they're all gone at this point XD.

Lovely home though, I kinda gave up on homes after I lost MeiMei XD. I rarely go in towns anyways.

I believe the item you have to get 10+ to get the item, so maybe yours was just delayed? I just remember reading somewhere that you had to get above a certain score to get it.

Hmm... I finally got it on all my players, but it took a lot of jumping around for all of them. I still haven't beat 19 as my high score. sad I'm gonna keep trying again... rack up some more points for Durem, lol. xD

The houses really changed since you had MeiMei. For a while there they all went under construction so when I came back I had to rebuild my house but it wasn't the same. You can no longer control when the lights go on or off to keep that ambiance inside, and for a while all the avatar items I had in my home (ie, the trophies, the crystal ball, candles, some of the food I put out on the table, etc.) couldn't be put back n the house. They restored that functionality, thankfully and fixed a bunch of other glitches that were present when I first came back, so now the houses are almost as good as they were back in the day. smile I had to re-decorate my house a bunch of times because they kept overhauling the system a while back. I think it's all stable now though, so if you wanted to get back into the houses now would be the time. smile

Argh.... I'm gonna be at this a while.... I'm not gonna even bother to get perfect on every acc. Just on this one for the achievement. On the other ones I'll just get the item and stop. Gaia is just trolling us with this game D:

Hm, maybe I'll look into it. Thing is I don't use homes very often. In fact the only time I ever go in them is when NSTG had those events :3. I can still remember back to the Valentine's Party we had. 2008 I believe? whee  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:18 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Hm, maybe I'll look into it. Thing is I don't use homes very often. In fact the only time I ever go in them is when NSTG had those events :3. I can still remember back to the Valentine's Party we had. 2008 I believe? whee

Yeah, it's been forever. I had one pajama party when I came back to Gaia (the first time I discovered my house had been demolished and I couldn't rebuild it the same, lol). I'm thinking I'll hold some more house parties in the near future, as those were always the funnest and I can't help but miss them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Yeah, it's been forever. I had one pajama party when I came back to Gaia (the first time I discovered my house had been demolished and I couldn't rebuild it the same, lol). I'm thinking I'll hold some more house parties in the near future, as those were always the funnest and I can't help but miss them.

Sounds good. If I'm still active on Gaia I'd be glad to come. I'd love to see all the old NSTG regulars too... Koro, Nanami, Duke, etc.

I GOT A 20 WOOO. Just like a minute before this post blaugh  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:49 pm
Gambino's in second right now razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 pm
maui boy no ka oi

And Durem is in last place. crying Even though Durem has all the highest ranking players on the leaderboard...  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Hit 5k. emotion_awesome

Oh, I just realized you get an achievement for that! =D Does that mean you've earned the "Champion" achievement, Kiwi?

I just learned about all the Olympics achievements (besides "Medalist") from this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/rejected-olympics-all-out-event-guide-bundle/t.81099209/

There's also a very handy map of the area in that thread as well.

So it looks like Medalist (perfect score in any game) and Champion (5k points) you should be able to get now, but for Athlete (complete all games) and Olympian (perfect score in all games) we'll have to wait till all 5 games are in.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Where my islanders at? emotion_bigheart Just hit 4k in cumulative score!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

smarterish

Fashionable Smoker

1,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm
Ebony the Peacian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Where my islanders at? emotion_bigheart Just hit 4k in cumulative score!
u goes gurl! shows em hao wez gumbino gurls dos iz!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:24 am
Ebony the Peacian

I still only have 2.7k score, but I just hit my 20 in the frogger game! dramallama

That was tough.. I had just conceded that I would never reach the Olympian achievement because of this game, when it finally hit. Of course, we'll have to see what the next two games are like, if I actually can get Olympian. lol.

I don't know about Champion though... I don't have the patience like you guys have. I can't believe I made it all the way to 2.7k... that was only because the frogger game was so hard and I wanted that 20. sweatdrop  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 am
Ned-san
maui boy no ka oi

And Durem is in last place. crying Even though Durem has all the highest ranking players on the leaderboard...
Ironic isn't it? razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:39 am
@Items: I think you only need a score of 10 to get the item, though everything reports on a delay so nothing grants right away.

@Ebony: Here they are!
User Image  

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:58 am
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi
Hit 5k. emotion_awesome

Oh, I just realized you get an achievement for that! =D Does that mean you've earned the "Champion" achievement, Kiwi?

I just learned about all the Olympics achievements (besides "Medalist") from this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/rejected-olympics-all-out-event-guide-bundle/t.81099209/

There's also a very handy map of the area in that thread as well.

So it looks like Medalist (perfect score in any game) and Champion (5k points) you should be able to get now, but for Athlete (complete all games) and Olympian (perfect score in all games) we'll have to wait till all 5 games are in.

Yus, I do :3.

Congrats on the 20 in the Frog Game! biggrin You should definitely go for the 5k. In the Thing Lift you can multi-task and do whatever else for 30 seconds hehe. And the frog one actually isn't a bad source of points after you get your 20.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:55 am
Ebony the Peacian

Daypaw

@Ebony: Here they are!
User Image

I must admit... Team Gambino sure pulled together with their town colors! What a great, uniform looking team!  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 pm
A person's name in that screenie is Probender...... emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart (I'm assuming its a Legend of Korra reference! >w< )!  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff