Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] All Aboard/Paradise River [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:51 pm
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart
Captain Ragnar Devonin
@Disciple of Sakura: Gunslinger actually ditches the Gunsmithing bonus to get Gun Training earlier under the Guns Everywhere rules. I don't have a link on-hand, but the subsitution is mention under the description of Guns Everywhere.

@frog_mage: Augment Summoning requires Spell Focus (Conjuration); there is no 6th-level feat in Pathfinder. Also, don't forget hit points for character and eidolon.
So, we get Dex to damage at level 1 as a Gunslinger?

No, to one gun type. Otherwise it gets a bit confusing when you get it again at 5th level.

"Starting at 5th level, a gunslinger can select one specific type of firearm (such as an axe musket, blunderbuss, musket, or pistol). She gains a bonus equal to her Dexterity modifier on damage rolls when firing that type of firearm."

So if you went pure gunslinger you'd get to choose two types of firearm to have dex damage added. Pistol and Rifle for example.
Right, but DM said you ditch your level 1 ability for Gun Training, which means you can choose a gun of your choice at level 1 to add Dex to damage, right?  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart
Captain Ragnar Devonin
@Disciple of Sakura: Gunslinger actually ditches the Gunsmithing bonus to get Gun Training earlier under the Guns Everywhere rules. I don't have a link on-hand, but the subsitution is mention under the description of Guns Everywhere.

@frog_mage: Augment Summoning requires Spell Focus (Conjuration); there is no 6th-level feat in Pathfinder. Also, don't forget hit points for character and eidolon.
So, we get Dex to damage at level 1 as a Gunslinger?

No, to one gun type. Otherwise it gets a bit confusing when you get it again at 5th level.

"Starting at 5th level, a gunslinger can select one specific type of firearm (such as an axe musket, blunderbuss, musket, or pistol). She gains a bonus equal to her Dexterity modifier on damage rolls when firing that type of firearm."

So if you went pure gunslinger you'd get to choose two types of firearm to have dex damage added. Pistol and Rifle for example.
Right, but DM said you ditch your level 1 ability for Gun Training, which means you can choose a gun of your choice at level 1 to add Dex to damage, right?

Yes you replace gunsmithing with Gun training. So at level 1 with your chosen type of firearm you get the weapon dice damage plus dexterity modifier as damage.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:09 pm
Right. That makes building my character much easier.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart

*Notices avatar change*

Roger wilko.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:38 pm
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart

*Notices avatar change*

Roger wilko.
Who?  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart

*Notices avatar change*

Roger wilko.
Who?

What?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 pm
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart

*Notices avatar change*

Roger wilko.
Who?

What?
Aye.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 pm
Hey Dee Em, I'm going to take this Ranger combat style. Is it possible to substitute the Musket requirements on some of the feats for the Rifle?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:10 am
Since I have two different classes granting me Gunsmithing, would they both give me a gun training? It probably won't matter much, but I'd like to be sure I'm getting it squared away right.

My +1 is almost done. Mostly just the background and such, and I didn't get a chance last night. I'm job hunting right now, and spent most of my evening filling out job applications online.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 pm
@frog_mage: Please re-roll for hit points in the thread I linked in the first post, as I asked be done in the first post... I'll be deleting this thread once I'm done with it. Please let me know when you've fixed your feats.
@Keith Valken Lionheart: With frog_mage and Disciple of Sakura, I actually got 2, however, Group A did lose one person so I could slip you in there if you'd like. As for the archetype, as it seems to be 3rd party, I'm going to say no to that. Sorry. 3P and I don't have a good history and once I start allowing some, its' hard to justify say no to others.
@Disciple of Sakura: As Spellslinger doesn't get Gun Training naturally, I don't think they would get it here just because they get Gunsmithing. Mostly I was just giving it as an option to your Gunslinger to replace the doubled-up feature that way you get something useful instead of an ability repeat.

@Mongooseh: Thanks for your help so far. xD.  

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:59 pm
To be honest the archetype seems to focus on far shots (which there isn't much point on a train seeing as so far all fights took within point blank range). Even then there is a core archetype for gunslinger which does the same thing sort of.

Musket Master  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm
Mongooseh
To be honest the archetype seems to focus on far shots (which there isn't much point on a train seeing as so far all fights took within point blank range). Even then there is a core archetype for gunslinger which does the same thing sort of.

Musket Master
Yeah, but I honestly didn't want to make another Gunslinger, really. I seldom play Rangers, and the idea that came into my mind fit the character, of a sort of native who dresses like a westerner but has native beliefs, and it's a hunter/gatherer of sorts. I'll still run with the idea, though I'll wield the Musket. I kinda wanted him to be a sort of scout sharpshooter of sorts, but it seems I won't be able to run with it.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm
Captain Ragnar Devonin
@frog_mage: Please re-roll for hit points in the thread I linked in the first post, as I asked be done in the first post... I'll be deleting this thread once I'm done with it. Please let me know when you've fixed your feats.
@Keith Valken Lionheart: With frog_mage and Disciple of Sakura, I actually got 2, however, Group A did lose one person so I could slip you in there if you'd like. As for the archetype, as it seems to be 3rd party, I'm going to say no to that. Sorry. 3P and I don't have a good history and once I start allowing some, its' hard to justify say no to others.
@Disciple of Sakura: As Spellslinger doesn't get Gun Training naturally, I don't think they would get it here just because they get Gunsmithing. Mostly I was just giving it as an option to your Gunslinger to replace the doubled-up feature that way you get something useful instead of an ability repeat.

I understand, but while the Combat Style IS 3P, the feats I get from it are core. Otherwise, there is little reason for me to play as a Ranger with a gun, since none of the Combat Styles support guns, in which case I'd have to back out.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:31 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Captain Ragnar Devonin

I understand, but while the Combat Style IS 3P, the feats I get from it are core. Otherwise, there is little reason for me to play as a Ranger with a gun, since none of the Combat Styles support guns, in which case I'd have to back out.

Why not choose the Archery combat style but just call it firearms. All the feats still work apart from many shot.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart
Captain Ragnar Devonin

Why not choose the Archery combat style but just call it firearms. All the feats still work apart from many shot.
Or Rapid Shot. Either way, it doesn't feel thematic.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff