Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:51 pm
User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Oh god what's he doing here??
What writhes within me: Nostalgic, a bit lost in my mind, surprised

Those entwined with me: Istal, Etheris, Daisy and Soren

Charon was startled out of his memories by a voice he knew well. Turning to look he knew he wasn't imagining things. Standing next to them a smile on his face as he introduced himself to Daisy was Soren. The beautiful, silver haired angel that sent Charon's heart a fluttering. Why oh why did he have to do that to him? It was never easy for the oldest Gaunt to be around the music shop owner. He had a crush on the man since he met him three years ago. Curse it all to hell.

And of course! Daisy just had to say he talked about him a lot. Leave it to a sister. Silly thing was so lucky that he loved her too much to harm her. Around his neck to small heads appeared as Istal and Etheris looked up. Both knew the shop owner and a soft hissing laugh left the death adder when she saw him. Etheris had been there when Charon fell for the man and to this day she found it amusing how much her master got so worked up just being in his presence. It was cute.

"Fancy meeting you too. I didn't know you were coming to London. Thinking of setting up a second shop?" Charon asked as Daisy giggled. Ruffling her hair to the girls protest he looped an arm around her shoulders. "This is my little sis and constant attachment." He continued smiling a little at the girl. Really he loved the kid. It was kinda nice for Daisy to finally meet the man he worked for. Charon still hadn't figured out what he was going to do now that the pair were on the street again. It meant the money he gave Soren for the piano was going to shrink...great.

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.
I can handle the demons in my head...
as long as you are there to hold me when I wake

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:11 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Soren smiled as the girl introduced herself. How lovely. Such a very polite girl. The blush her answer had given her brother was adorable. His eyes moved back to Charon and he widened his smile. "Actually I have a vacation home.and I have a brother who owns a shop here" he said pointing out the building he had just exited. "I was trying to pay him a visit but he is very popular today" he laughed.

It made him happy that the two seemed to be doing well. He was a bit concerned though when he saw a slight sadness in Charon's eyes. Yet here was not the place to ask him. Perhaps over dinner. His eyes lit up with the idea.
"I can show you my home if you like. We could have dinner as well." he said mostly looking at Charon but his eyes also glanced at Daisy every so often. The thought of having Charon seeing his home made him feel a bit excited. In a way Charon could really see who Soren was this way.

User Image

((sorry for the bad post -__-))
User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm
User Image

❁❀✿
✧✩✫✬✭✮✯✰✧✩✫✬✭✮✯✰✧✩✫✬✭✮✯✰✧✩✫✬✭✮✯✰
Jane realized what Thomas was doing. It felt good to know someone had her back. Jane smiled as sweetly as she could. "Yeah, uhh...Woil isn't it?" She asked not letting her voice change.
❁❀✿

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Her Outfit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:38 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image
He nodded happily, "Yup! We're both first years." He said, keeping his large smile, he had to convince her that he wasn't like Roi. He had the perfect idea thought up."How are you? You haven't seen my brother around have you?" He said laughing and rubbing the back of his head as he continued on, "Were twins.He lied, sort of, Yia often turned into him so it was hard to say if he had or had not a twin brother.
User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:49 pm
User Image

❁❀✿
Jane smiled happily. "Oh twins. No, I don't think I've seen him, Sorry" She said with another smile. It was a relief that he wasn't a freak. "So your brother. What house is he in? Ravenclaw too?" She asked no more at ease.
❁❀✿

Her Outfit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image
He nodded, and chuckled slightly moving his head around to look for his younger 'twin' brother. He looked at her a minute later and said, "Yup, but I think he belongs in Slytherin... Always plotting to take over the world." He said laughing and rolling his eyes. He decided to change the subject, "So, what shopping do you have planned for? Maybe we can shop together?" He asked, he hoped Tay wouldn't blow his cover.
User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:22 pm
User Image

❁❀✿
"Well we are just looking around really. We were thinking of looking at some Quidditch supplies." Jane shrugged. She turned. "You don't mind do you Thomas?" she asked him. Then she realized she hadn't introduced him. "Oh Sorry" Jane said turning back to Woil. "This is my cousin Thomas." She said with a happy smile.
❁❀✿

Her Outfit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:25 pm
User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Say wha???
What writhes within me: Surprised as hell

Those entwined with me: Istal, Etheris, Daisy and Soren

That man was insane that had to be it. Why was it every time he turned around Soren was inviting him some where or offering him something? He was doing both at the moment and Charon mentally sighed. The pale boy knew he wouldn't win this should he try to refuse. Daisy was here and she was good at talking him into things. Curse her for having that cutesy look at her disposal! The littlest Gaunt giggled again and half ducked behind Charon. She was a brave most of the time but at other moments she was very shy. Charon always though it was more of a playful shy but hey what did he know?

Should he go to dinner at Soren's? Could he? What about Daisy? Maybe she should come....maybe not. She hadn't seen Rose in a while maybe Daisy would like to go to see her for a bit. He'd have to talk to her about it later. It would be nice to go. Charon would love to spend time with Soren alone would be....nice. The oldest Gaunt wanted to know Soren more and not having a the chance of a customer coming in. This could be a lot of fun.

"That could be fun. I would be glad to do so." Charon answered with a smile. He really liked this idea actually. The pale boy ran a hand through his hair trying not to grin too much. Yeah he needed to ditch Daisy with Dante. Would the dark haired Slytherin mind? Maybe...maybe not but he liked Charon so he'd help him in his hour of need. He just need to get a hold of him. Where did he live now? Oh that's right with his lover boy. "So when do you want to do this?" Charon asked still smiling.

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.
I can handle the demons in my head...
as long as you are there to hold me when I wake

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

Soren could not contain the grin that formed on his face. Charon seemed to be surprised by his suggestion but as it sunk in he seemed to grow fond of the idea. His shy mannerisms were nothing short of adorable. When he agreed to actually going he felt his heart skip. His attention was temporarily moved when Daisy dove behind her brother. He chuckled at her childish move. His eyes then ascended back to Charon.

"Well if this evening if too soon perhaps tomorrow evening then?" he suggested calmly, his usual elegant demeanor now reclaimed. He couldn't have himself acting like an excited school girl every time he was with him. Despite his heart beating a mile a minute he was the picture of pure elegance and grace."Will miss Daisy be joining us or will it just be you" This was an important question for him as the plans for the evening would change depending on the answer. He hoped it was to just be Charon. Perhaps he could get out what he had been meaning to say to him for a long while now. Perhaps. But he would set his table a bit more elegantly, play much lovelier music, and even show him some of his school things if it was just him. If his sister tagged along then it would be much the same except the music and dining would be toned down a bit. How did he get himself into such a difficult situation.

User Image

(( I am liking the pictures on the side a bit more now XD))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm
User Image
User Image

The smallest Gaunt was smiling at how her brother was acting. Boys that could be so silly sometimes. A giggle slipped out of her before she had hid behind her brother. She saw how happy the suggestion had made her brother but didn't want him to catch just why she was giggling so hiding was needed. Really her brother was so smitten it was cute. Sure she may be twelve but she knew a crush when she saw one. Daisy was a girl after all and girls know these things....at least that's what she was always told. Hopefully she was right.

So dinner hm? She needed a way to give her brother time alone. Now that they were back at the old house she knew he'd not leave her by herself without feeling guilty. What to do? Daisy was too young to stay by herself. Looked like there was only one choice. Dante and Rose. Would they be ok with it? It was their first night back from school should she really bother them? Looking up at Charon as he talked to Soren Daisy smiled again. He looked so happy talking to the man. Rose would forgive her for intruded for something like this.

"Actually I won't be. I have plans to go stay the night with my friend Rose. I'm sorry Mister Valentin but I have to decline. May I come another time perhaps?" Daisy said with a smile as she came back out from behind Charon. 'Please don't be mad Rose.' The golden haired girl thought to herself. "Since I"m not gunna be home tonight, Char, why don't you go tonight?" She suggested. Charon looked surprised a moment before he chuckled a little. Daisy knew that Charon would know she had no plans. Thankfully her brother didn't mind.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:09 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

Whether or not anything the girl said was true didn't matter to him. This simply meant he'd have time alone with Charon. Just the thought made his heart skip. He needed to learn to not act like this around him. Soren had plenty of experience with relationships. But love was entirely a different matter.

"That is such a shame dear Miss Daisy" he said sounding very sincere,"I would be glad to have you over another time. I would not deny Charon's little sister such a request" he said with a smile. She was young but she had that spark in her eye. In some ways it reminded him a lot of Isis. He looked at Charon who seemed to be slightly pale. "Tonight sounds perfect, besides meeting with my brother I have nothing else. Does that work with you Charon?" He questioned the boy. Hopefully he'd even be able to answer in his current state.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:16 pm
Giovanni Cattani
||+||Sorcerer||+||Height: 6'2”||+||Weight: 180lbs||+||Age: 28||+||Hair: Black||+||Eyes: Green||+||Theme: Ishq - Love and the Veil by Niyaz||+||
Magic is only as powerful as the mind that wields it. And power is always a relative concept.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image

Giovanni had not walked down Diagon Alley in quite some time; the last time would have most likely been a mere months after he graduated about 10 years ago. Diagon was quite different now; it was completely rebuilt and looked completely new. After all the damage wrought by Voldemort’s War was completely gone. It now had a busy yet peaceful feel to it as opposed to the optimistic but beleaguered feel when he first visited so soon after Voldemort’s death at Harry Potter’s hands.

If he was completely honest with himself though, Giovanni was still uncomfortable in this narrow street they called Diagon Alley. He found it too restrictive for his tastes, preferring the more open views of his homeland or even the sights he had seen in the Chinese Wu Jen Palace or on his travels. Yet here he was, and perhaps for some time as he waited for Hogwarts to open before he moved his things there.

He had been invited by Interim Headmistress Anyanka Swan to teach as the Professor for the Wandless Magic Practice Class. Having no other prospective job offers at the moment, Giovanni had accepted the offer. Besides it might do him some good to settle down, at least for a little while. Who knew how teaching would suit him, only time would tell.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thirteen families rose to support the Dark Lord, they would have succeeded if not for seven brave souls. Five fell in the defense of their home and country, the other two have vanished; but they are not forgotten.

Tetsurga

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 pm
Charlize Murdoch
Owner of Blood Murdoch's: House of Dueling
Theme of the Moment | Thoughts: You’ve got to be kidding me… | Owl

User ImageMurdoch had planned to spend all day either in bed or in a big bath. She actual did both for quite a while but quickly had her fill of being a layabout. The new owl was driving her crazy. Evidently the little bird was used to a strict schedule of pampering and Murdoch was not satisfying that. To which Murdoch threw a few ounces of chicken liver at her and closed the door to the ‘owlery’ better known as the attic. She didn’t have the patience to deal with the whiny bird. Perhaps another day she would try to make the peace, but today she had too much work.

As if cleaning out her father’s house after his death wasn’t emotionally draining, it was a freaking mess. Everything took much longer than she had guessed and her antsy personality didn’t like feeling couped up in a dusty room sifting through boxes of memories that she would rather forget. But she worked diligently for a few hours. Anything to take her mind off of her lover from the night before. Murdoch was an expert and moving on seamlessly, most of the time. Not that she felt anything for them, nothing real, she assured herself.

Around noon, she broke from one job to see to another. Dueling lessons at her range in Hogsmeade and looking over the shop before Apparating back home with her books to balance her ledgers. After an hour of pouring over columns of this and that, she realized that she was famished. She hadn’t eaten all day and her stomach was growling something fierce. Slipping around the stacks of boxes with what was now practiced grace, she ambled down to the kitchen. But the cupboard was empty. As was the ice box.

Grimacing as she looked into the empty hutch, her stomach growled again and she shuffled off to get dressed. It seemed that her plan to spend her evening drowning in numbers was going to be interrupted by the necessity to go and fetch dinner. Grabbing her favorite black satin dress, she pulled it on and, deciding that it was warm enough to forgo the cloak. Disappeared with a flash of light leaving only the lingering scent of spiced plums in the air behind.

She appeared in an alley off of Diagon and stepped out, heading toward the Leaky Cauldron with some haste. Did I forget my coin purse? Murdoch immediately looked down, reaching for her waist as she walked right into a solid wall, or so it felt like. Stumbling back she glared up…and up. Into a set of eyes that she hadn’t seen in years.

…I should have just gone without eating tonight…

Instantly she felt drawn back into an airy third floor apartment. The windows and shutters were thrown open letting the warm twilight sweep in on a steady breeze and brush over their skin as they lounged on the bed. He was reading something thick and scholarly, while she was flipping through the paper. His legs were spread and she was sitting between them, resting back against his hard chest. Turning her face to look up at him, his eyes glanced over and smiled at her before he leaned down to kiss her forehead. She smiled like a fool and turned back to the paper.

But here he was.

Realizing that she had said nothing, her lips parted as her eyes narrowed but she closed them in an angry pout and spun on her heel to walk away. This wasn’t what she needed. These memories, this man. She had been down that road before. He was dangerous, in the worst way. He was a good man.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 pm
Giovanni Cattani
||+||Sorcerer||+||Height: 6'2”||+||Weight: 180lbs||+||Age: 28||+||Hair: Black||+||Eyes: Green||+||Theme of the Moment||+||
Magic is only as powerful as the mind that wields it. And power is always a relative concept.

User Image

Giovanni was almost done with his shopping, having acquired most if not all of his needed supplies. Feeling hungry he made his way to the Leaky Cauldron to grab some dinner before retiring to his room to catch up on some reading. He had been distracted thinking about what to eat when he felt something, or more precisely someone slam into him. His eyes immediately focused on the present rather than thoughts about old Britain or his prospective job to focus on who had bumped into him and see if they were all right. They settled upon the form of a woman, a beautiful woman with red hair, striking blue eyes and a face that he could never, for all the years that had passed by, forget.

His mind was brought back Andalucia, Spain, a memory of them walking along streets visiting the cafes of the muggle city. Her typical complaints about the stupid muggle city oddly quite since they had avoided the main streets, walking along the pedestrian ones. He had taken her to a muggle café where she had started to complain until he had ordered her a slice of chocolate cake with a serving of strawberry peanut-butter ice cream. Her smile at tasting the concoction he had ordered pierced even now through his heart. Her laugh at his delighted smile echoed in his ears, how he had enjoyed that sound.

Other memories flitted through his mind each beautiful in their own way. A kiss after a walk along La Costa del Sol under the moonlight, tender and sweet. A quiet moment reading in bed, just enjoying each others company peaceful and relaxing. A night of passion, sensuous and wild as they made love, life-affirming sex that had made it clear that they cared for each other. Giovanni had been happy, content with that life, a life that seemed to have occurred ages ago, in a distant past. Now seemingly reduced to fond memories.

Those fond memories however eventually lead to that painful memory, the night he had returned to find her gone. Vanished into the night like a phantom, taking all of her things from the airy third floor apartment they had come to share. Away from the bustle of the center along the outskirts of the beautiful city they had spent so many wonderful days. No note, no explanation. He had looked for her, hoping to find her at a dueling ring like when they had first met. He searched several cities knowing that she was a traveler like he was; how that had been a point of familiarity that once brought them together. He spent months, trying to find her before giving up wondering always, why? Why did she leave?

And now, here she was. It wasn’t possible, not after so long. He had been positive that he would never see her again. He saw her face scrunch in anger as she turned to leave, for a second he thought about letting her go; thinking that is was probably just a look-a-like. But he couldn’t help himself, he reached forward to grab her arm and stop her; he had to be sure. ”Nessun modo, Charlie? Is that you?”

Thirteen families rose to support the Dark Lord, they would have succeeded if not for seven brave souls. Five fell in the defense of their home and country, the other two have vanished; but they are not forgotten.

Tetsurga

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces