Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fantastic Realities [4E] - Recruitment 6/6 [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:56 am
Joe, I added a ritual book and ritual, and 40gp worth of Resi  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 am
joe-dude667
Drag0nK1d
So for the ritual cost, you're only going to treat that as the price of the components that I need to spend to use the ritual?
If so, thank you.
I'll buy your char a few beers if you want.
That's how I've always played it. Unless I've been doing it wrong for 4 years? =/ Entirely likely, I mean IRL me and my mates call Tieflings Tye-flings. =P We know it's wrong, but that's just how we pronounce them. Also I've started playing with another gaming group that pronounces Eladrin Ella-drin as opposed to E-lad-rin.

I was hoping that would be the case.
I can't blame you or your friends IRL to pronounce the races like that.
Anyone would make that mistake without realizing it.
Also, I would laugh if our final recruit is a divine tiefling. That would be just awesome, & of the LG kind. Talk about an off-setting of characterization. A demon-esque creature who is a pali or cleric worshiping Moradin.
Edit to Nayr: I will punch you if you steal my floating disc trick ya thief! Nah... just teasing.  

Drag0nK1d

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 am
@Drag0nK1d - Hahaha! The other ritual I took was Create Campsite, which explains how I could travel the lands without carrying anything remotely like a tent or food. Buuut, you are lucky that I am a telepathic Psion, coz if I was the other way (telekinetic) I would have picked Tenser's Floating Disk as the ritual I could use once per day for free! But as it is, I have Sending smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am
Good. Now I don't have to throw a flaming bedroll at you in character to attempt to apprehend you.
Actually, having 2 floating discs might be helpful for us for travelling reasons over water, & in battle in case (note this is a theory for a reality if we had a steel nimbus we could travel on & I'm messing around) we get physically slowed.
It'd be useless for traps like the typical pit but it'd be a hell of a rush though.  

Drag0nK1d

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 am
I pronounced it "ella-drin" up until I heard Wil Wheaton pronounce it otherwise. I don't know when drow stopped rhyming with "know" for me.

Tieflings were always teefs to me. I think I originally misread them as Thieflings.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 pm
Arc Vembris
I pronounced it "ella-drin" up until I heard Wil Wheaton pronounce it otherwise. I don't know when drow stopped rhyming with "know" for me.

Tieflings were always teefs to me. I think I originally misread them as Thieflings.

Wil Wheaton's word = law.

Drow rhyming with know? surprised never heard that one.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 pm
joe-dude667
Rain - The Human Paladin
The Audit

Not hugely important, but you haven't put your race/class features down. To be fair, I don't really care so I'm not going to push you on it. =P Especially since you're sheet is 100% perfect. mrgreen

I like the little joke about Goblin/Spanish by the way. wink

I did write down my racial features. The same racial features that ALL my human PCs have. mad

The Paladins actually HAVE no class features. Just powers (Channel Divinity, Lay on Hands, Divine Challenge). I didn't see the need to write down "Lay on Hands: See power below" and the like for all three.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm
For me, Drow = Rhymes with How, Tieflings = Teeflings (sharp pointy teef!), Eladrin = E-lad-rin. That's how I've always done it.

The only one of these I hear differently sometimes is Tieflings = Tye-flings. Its around a 50/50 thing for me, which one I hear.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 pm
Rain Yupa
For me, Drow = Rhymes with How, Tieflings = Teeflings (sharp pointy teef!), Eladrin = E-lad-rin. That's how I've always done it.

The only one of these I hear differently sometimes is Tieflings = Tye-flings. Its around a 50/50 thing for me, which one I hear.

For me, Drow rhymes with cloud....joke.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:48 pm
OH also, I used to say Cat-oble-paws, but then I heard Mike Mearls say "Cat-o-bleepus"  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 pm
Rain Yupa

I hear the tye-fling more often than the other one... unless its a char portrayed as a sabotaging bard or a dark pact warlock.
Hell, that's how I always say them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 am
Thing is, I remember watching this way back when, and to this day still pronounce it Tye. =/  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 am
@ Arc:
Still waiting on a background!

@ Nayr:
Also still waiting on a background! Gold needs to be fixed.

@ Angel:
Waiting on entire Character sheet!

@ Everyone:
Still waiting on 1 more player! Posibly two if Angel is a no go, he's been pretty quiet as of late. I'll PM him now to see whats what.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 am
I was going to ask about the recruitment to see if there was a time limit on it. I see now. Derp on my behalf.
Also, I didn't realize until after the Psion came in that we would have 2 controllers & I was going to suggest me changing my char to maybe a monk or cleric & make me the primary healer with restful healing at level 2, but I felt it was too late, & besides. I'm already running a striker & leader so why not run a controller that I imagine myself as (despite sorceror is also a good suggestion, thanks joe)?
Then again, running 2 leaders might not be the best idea anyway... especially when we only got 1 striker right now & that striker is questionable. Having 2 leaders might work with 2 controllers, but I've never saw a party run like our so I wouldn't know.
Finally, I was going to ask this but I know you're busy but am I good to go? No rush.  

Drag0nK1d

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:00 am
For what its worth, a Bard + Paladin should be adequate healing, if I'm the one who plays.

But I vote that you play the class that you feel is most appropriate to your personality IRL. That's why I was torn between Paladin and Monk. I could be either, but nothing else BESIDES those two. Paladin fits my personality better, but Monk fits my mindset and interests better (since "Rain Yupa" has been my OC for coming up on 13 years now, who is effectively a monk).  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff