Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The End of Days, Chapter Two: No Rest for the Warrior Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:50 pm
Misery and Halen take a moment to look at each other, and then Misery lets out a short bark of laughter, remembering the first time she saw a gargoyle back when she was still a student at the Brande and not a dimension-hopping toy of the gods. "Go give Rage a hand," she directs Halen as she flexes her wings and leaves the ground. He nods, and heads over to assist the warforged in pulling the oracle out. Misery also approaches, watching to see how much healing the woman may need as she is pulled out.

{Halen will be aiding another Rage in getting the oracle out, trying to avoid touching the stuff if he can. I'm not sure what kind of check that would be, but I'm rolling for one--just let me know what to add.}  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:24 pm
Matthias stares at the goings-on. "Well, I guess if we're not supposed to touch it." Looking out at the oracle from the end of the bridge he called to her. "I'm gonna pull you out now, try not to resist the effects." He summons his not unformidable arcanes energies and plucks the girl out of the seepage with an unseen force. When she gets close enough he sets her down on the bridge.

((Casting Telekinesis, Pulling her 20 ft straight up and then over to the bridge.))  

Jacior

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 am
Matthias, you pull the oracle to safety, leaving the other gargoyles basically useless over the seepage, but thankfully not touching it.

The oracle is still covered in the seepage, but it's shrinking away. She looks like she sustained heavy damage while in contact; her arms and legs are withered, and her skin is pale and icy.

She has ten hit points left.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:53 pm
Misery rushes to the oracles side, calling on the divine power of Alran-Kor as she does so. Her hands glow white as she touches the oracle, who glows as well.

{Misery casts heal. The oracle heals 110 hp and if she had any of the following conditions: ability damage, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, sickened, stunned, poisoned, then she doesn't any more.}  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:12 pm
User Image"And another wonderfully choreographed escapade comes to pass..." Delan mused, watching the scene unfold. He shook his head. "Now, to find a way out of here. Get me out of here, Al." He smirked at the joke.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 pm
User Image"Miss?" Oulviina says, addressing the oracle. "We were sent here to find an Oracle who might be able to help us put a stop to the rapidly deteriorating state of the planes. Are you her? Do you know a way out of this place? We'd like to get you back to the deities that sent us here as soon as possible."  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 am
"I know why you're here, Oulviina. I knew that you'd be here to aid me. However, the deities won't receive me as you would expect." The Oracle states, her eyes glowing a white color, "Also, I refuse to leave without my companion. Make a spot check. He's in this place."  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:36 am
User Image"And here I had surmised that the construct over there was your ally. After all, that's what they're typically built for - protecting a spellcaster of some sort. Was I mistaken?"

{Going ahead and rolling the spot check, +9 bonus}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:59 pm
"I also knew you'd say that. I'm a bard. A divine bard. No matter what class variant I have, however, I do not possess a familiar. You have succeeded on your check. My ally is near the wall of the tunnel. "

Surely enough, Delan, you see a pale hand floating just above the seepage, limp.

"I would suggest you hurry. His Hit Points are already negative."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:34 pm
What the hell is that supposed to mean? wonders Misery irritably, annoyed at the total lack of gratitude on the part of the women she'd just healed. That's all just gibberish.

{Misery is making a spot check. +6. If I beat Delan's check, I'll continue.}  

jennibert

jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm
{and now I'll actually roll the damn dice...}

{If Delan's 12 passes, then I'll assume that my 22 does as well.}

I better give him a hand then. Misery flies over to the disembodied hand and once again calls upon Alran-Kor to aid an injured person.

{She gives up her bestow curse and casts cure serious wounds. She probably can't pull the person out, but she can at least give other people longer to do so.}  
jennibert rolled 3 8-sided dice: 2, 2, 4 Total: 8 (3-24)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm
{the disembodied hand regains 3d8+11 HP}

{so, 19.}  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Eternality_Cannon
"I also knew you'd say that. I'm a bard. A divine bard. No matter what class variant I have, however, I do not possess a familiar. You have succeeded on your check. My ally is near the wall of the tunnel. "

Surely enough, Delan, you see a pale hand floating just above the seepage, limp.

User Image"It'd be a simple matter to take the Obtain Familiar feat and therefore acquire one. Though, I suppose if you're using an inferior class variant, you might not qualify for it anymore... Ah, well... Apparently you don't care much about your friend, or you might have raised the issue earlier, as your tardiness may very well cost him his life."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Summoning his impressive energies again, Matthias pulls the hand and the person connected to it, out of the seepage and over to the bridge. "This is so troublesome." He says, sighing.

((Telekinesis again))  

Jacior

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:57 am
Disciple of Sakura
Eternality_Cannon

User Image"It'd be a simple matter to take the Obtain Familiar feat and therefore acquire one. Though, I suppose if you're using an inferior class variant, you might not qualify for it anymore... Ah, well... Apparently you don't care much about your friend, or you might have raised the issue earlier, as your tardiness may very well cost him his life."

"Time is ever changing, and I see all of time. Your actions alone are what save my companion's life. I can only but watch, and contemplate, and forewarn."

The Oracle sits down on the stone bridge, closing her eyes.

Meanwhile, the companion that Matthias pulled out collapses in a heap on the bridge of stone, unconscious but alive.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff