Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm
@ Go Competition:

Kenichi would continue to play his black stones, choosing a very conservative, low-risk playing style; he sought little to capture pieces, but instead to consolidate his own play areas.

"I... thank you for your understanding, Kyumi-san. I'm afraid this won't be a very challenging match for you, as enjoyable as my company may be for you." Though Kenichi's play style was valid, and eating up large sections of the board, he seemed genuinely displeased with each move he made. {Go check of 19 vs TN 10}  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 1, 5, 2, 5 Total: 27 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:22 pm
@ Court Debate:

Hisashi mused quietly as he listened to the rest of the speakers before him, listening to their arguments. When it was his turn he would take a sip of tea, then sit the drink down, and cross his hands in front of his face.

"I would be lying if I were to say that the Mantis were actively interested offering citizenship to spirits. This is not because we are against them or do not respect their plight, but merely as we have done things our way for many years and don't actively seek to change anytime soon without a good reason to. However, for the sake of argument... the spirits were brought to our world through unusual means. The cycle of life dictates that the living are in our world, and the dead are in theirs. Their presence is a direct violation. And while this does not mean that each spirit should be treated with fear or disgust, it may mean that caution is the best course of action. While your zeal is understandable, Jiro-san, you will have to forgive the Mantis for not being as ready to open our doors to a being that is, effectively, something of an enigma to us - and the natural order of life itself."

{Courtier Check, 6k3 vs TN5}  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 pm
Critical Argument! It's Super Civilized!

((Exploding Die))  
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:25 pm
Sutiiven
Critical Argument! It's Super Civilized!

((Exploding Die))

What he said.

((Exploding Die))  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:46 pm
@ Courtier Debates:

The man sitting to Hisashi's left scoffed. "As if the Mantis are experts on enigmas. Dragon, Phoenix, Scorpion, I may have believed you. The greatest enigma you Mantis figure out is figuring out which direction the winds blow each morning so you can set your sails." All the other courtiers snickered at this, as Doji Koan went on.

"I'm with Soshi Maru, to a degree. I think the War of the Spirits have proven how dangerous these returned spirits can be. Not to mention Gozoku and Kolat agents popping up all over the place, and misplaced honorless ronin wrecking havok for havok's sake. With the few exceptions of those who have proven themselves invaluable to society, I think we'd be doing the entire Empire a favor by cutting down every last one of them." {Courtier of 47, and Ide Jiro gains a Free Raise from Doji Koan's Voice advantage.}

ALL TN'S HAVE INCREASED TO 10!

The eldest person at the table would chuckle to himself at Doji Koan's bold claims. "From a Clan that boasts some of the most peaceful people in Rokugan, you seem to be in an awful hurry to bring the axe to these beleagured spirits, Koan-kun. Haven't they been through enough in whatever torment they have endured all these centuries? Despite their personal pasts, I thought we were generous enough people to at least give them a brief reprieve. Especially the Crane, of all Clans." {Etiquette roll of 25 vs TN 20, Raise to Challenge Doji Koan}

Doji Koan would redden, slamming his hands on the table as if he was about to raise his voice, but a glance from Doji Kita seemed to cool his temper. He would close his eyes, but take no more sips from his tea.

Ide Jiro would finally take this opportunity to burst out laughing. That little exchange was priceless, and he wanted to ensure he stayed around to observe many more like it. "Excellent show, Kan-sama. I, for one, am against needless slaughter. We've already had our share of it in recent years. Truth be told, many peoples across Rokugan are still reeling from all the events starting with the Clan War onward. Frankly, I think we could use all the help rebuilding that we can get. The returned spirits of our ancestors might be a blessing in disguise!" {Courtier of 24}

Ide Jiro would turn and pay full attention to Soshi Maru; arguably, perhaps paying attention to the wrong assets of the woman as she began to speak once more. "I appreciate the support, Koan-san. But I think both you and Gemmai-san have misunderstood my intentions. The Scorpion Clan has never approved of 'wholesale slaughter'. As harsh as it is, many of the living make due by being mere ronin. Perhaps any old ancestors wishing to rejoin their old clans should be given the opportunities to do so... carefully... and the rest can adapt in any way they can manage." {Courtier of 20 vs TN 15}

The modest Shinjo Gemmei would let out an audible sigh, putting down her drink. "I appreciate the extension of kindness the Scorpion are trying to show here; but what are your true motivations? Is this simply a plot to dig up old secrets buried by the past for personal profit? What would you say to, oh, giving them their own land? With so many ancient heroes, I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to be recognized by the Emperor and perhaps granted Minor Clan status! Would your kindness extend to giving up plots of your own land for the spirits to make a living off of?" {Courtier of 10 vs TN 15 as Shinjo Gemmei attempts to attack Soshi Maru's agument.}

"That's enough, Gemmei. I think you are letting personal misgivings about the Scorpion Clan cloud your judgement. I have heard all I need to concerning this topic. You are dismissed." Doji Kita would place her cup upon the table, and wait patiently.

Shinjo Gemmei would take a few moments to register that she had loss, before standing up and bowing to her hostess. "I understand. I shall leave at once," she said plainly, before turning and leaving without another word.

Shinjo Gemmei eliminated! All TNs have been reset!

"The next topic of debate is this: Would expansion, and possibly conquest, into foreign lands be the right move to help quell future inter-clan disputes? You may begin." Doji Kita would say as a servant approached her to take away her empty tea cup, a second immediately stepping forth to replace it with a new, fuller one.

"... what?" Ide Jiro would respond, taking his attention off of Soshi Maru as he reflected upon what his hostess had just suggested. The Scorpion woman would flush slightly, unfolding her fan to mask this.

"The question is direction at Yoritomo Hisashi; he is the next to respond." Doji Kita would explain without showing the slightest reaction to that blunder; rather, she seemed to be staring directly at the Mantis Courtier.

Yoritomo Hisashi, go!  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 10, 1, 9, 10 Total: 34 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:16 pm
Yoritomo Hisashi raised an eyebrow at the exploding and subsequently shut down member of the Unicorn clan. He was mildly amused at how swiftly Doji Kita swept the legs out from beneath Gemmei's social feet, but took it more as an example what to expect from their judge.

Accepting the order to respond, he would again take a moment to ponder the question before speaking.

"I do not believe that expansion or conquest would help to settle inter-clan disputes. As Gemmei-san has aptly shown us, our own prejudices about each others clans are deeply ingrained into our various cultures - though we might not admit it openly, we all have our own personal misgivings and beliefs passed down through the generations. For example, my own clan's acceptance of peasant weapons and... if you will forgive the vulgar term, piracy... has been know to give other clan's a reason (legitimate or otherwise) to have disdain for our kin. Would this change with the expansion our great empire? I do not think so. I feel that further conquest will not remedy this, as it will merely give us more land to argue over - as well as potentially new 'clans' to argue with."

{Courtier Check, 6k3 vs TN5}  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-20)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:19 pm
Courtly Pre-emptive Strike!

((Exploding Dice))  
Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 4, 10 Total: 21 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
Kenichi would continue to play his black stones, choosing a very conservative, low-risk playing style; he sought little to capture pieces, but instead to consolidate his own play areas.

"I... thank you for your understanding, Kyumi-san. I'm afraid this won't be a very challenging match for you, as enjoyable as my company may be for you." Though Kenichi's play style was valid, and eating up large sections of the board, he seemed genuinely displeased with each move he made. {Go check of 19 vs TN 10}

"No need to sell yourself short, Asahina-san. I believe you are playing fine."

Kyumi replied as she set herself up to make an assault on one of his recently placed pieces. Her style was more aggressive than Kenichi's. While he appeared to be focused on keeping his own territory, Kyumi was more likely to try to take what she could from him.

While her opponent may not have been pleased with how the match was currently going, she didn't not appear to have the same problem.

((4k3; 21 vs TN 10))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:33 am
Kagae retreats from the battlefield and goes to see a medic about the wound he suffered. He sat watching the duels topless while being patched up by a medic.  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 3 Total: 11 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:09 am
"I would be honored to oblige," a voice revealed the Hare as he appeared from the throng of spectators.

And appeared was entirely too fitting a word. The first, and most easily noticed trait of Denbe was his slight stature- and beside a crowd populated largely by bigger and burlier bushi and enthusiasts, he seemed shorter and more slight than usual. He was on the young side with plain mousey colored hair that did little impressive. This at least was carefully tied up against the back of his head, and he was cleanly shaven. Otherwise he appeared unremarkable, but for a light step and pleasant, undaunted smile.

His katana at least seemed no shorter than usual as he drew it and held the blade low- stopped far across the field from his opponent, where neither man could easily take the other unawares with a surprise attack. Not that either of them seemed inclined to.

Unlike the previous competition, and like the man across from him, Denbe even wore his light armor and mark of his clan openly, with bright red clothing showing underneath.

"My name is Ujina Denbe. Might I ask yours, before we begin?"

[3k2 Initiative: 10]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 am
@ The Martial Competition

"Greetings, Lord Kaiu." Kojiro bowed respectfully to Kagae. "And congratulations on your match. Do you know how well Lady Kuni is doing? She seemed to be hit awfully hard. With the pounding the contestants are taking, I wonder how many of us will be able to stand come morning. "  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:51 am
Having to remind himself of his manners he allowed the medic to finish patching him up before standing and bowing back before replying.

"Ummm... I would not know of how Lady Kuni is doing. I am sure that my face would not be the most welcome one to be seen when she comes to... Though I think the point of this competition is that the winners are the ones able to stand at the end... Though I am unsure of this sort of competition as I am much better at crafting things... May I ask who you are despite the paradox of asking a masked man who he is?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 pm
"It doesn't seem like a paradox to me. If one truly wished to be unknown than one would not wear their family's mon or their clan's mon. Our masks hide nothing. I am Bayushi Kojiro of Trail's Respite village."

The Scorpion shrugged. "I have a strong feeling that fighting might not be all there is to this tournament, otherwise they would not hold events for courtiers or hold events that might be construed as a middle ground."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:26 pm
"Your masks do nothing but provide a false face... Forgive me it is not my place to talk like that Bayushi Kojiro. I would hope that it isn't all just fighting otherwise I will be a spectator more than a contestant drinking myself into a state where this tournament will just be a blur to me." Replied Kagae as he dressed himself to don his armour once more so that he didn't have to wear it but still carrying his helmet underneath his arm before continuing, "shall we go watch the fights? I'd rather not be seen dawdling with the wounded when I myself wasn't too injured. So... Do you have any other interests than fighting because it bores me to be honest."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:44 pm
"We take the lessons that Shinsei taught our founder to heart. Just as few can understand the ways of enlightenment, we expect few to understand the way of our enlightenment."

Kojiro stretched as he turned his attention to the match between the Hare and the Phoenix. "As for interests, I enjoy hunting immensely. I long to try Falconry, but hunting with my yumi has been a more practical use of my time. My wife has tried to get me to partake in more civilized pursuits, but I am no courtier! What about you, Lord Kaiu?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff