Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Pathetic Wapanese people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rocking Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm
Oh dear, one thing that irritates me, when people don't know what 'desu' means and say 'desu' at the end of every sentence regardless of what they're saying. If you don't actually know what it means don't say it.

To take the last example 'It's so kawaii desu' if you took off the english bit at the begining, you'd sound far less weabooish, if you're feeling really adventurous, stick 'yo' at the end for emphasis.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:38 am
O.k., is there a point to this thread? neutral

If they want to live or go to Japan, than let them. If it is different than what they expect, than at the very least they will get a life lesson out of it. To each their own; I'm not going to worry about what others do or like. If they want to seem foolish by misusing the language or not actually want to learn it, let them. That is their problem.

Personally I greatly detest words such as Wapanese and weeaboo, they just sound silly to me and seems like lame insults.  

User_20392979

Kakigoori_Oujo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:04 pm
There's nothing particularly wrong with saying stuff like kawaii or calling your friends baka. It's just that if you don't get the pronunciation or accent right, it sounds wrong...lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:56 pm
plus it would a be a formal way saying it right?  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Kakigoori_Oujo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 am
A miniature dachshund passes by and suddenly a group of high school girls scream "kawaii!!". There's nothing to it. It's very common.

____

The OP and some other people need to reconsider their thoughts. I can see how some really extreme weeaboos might be annoying, but why put down all of them? I was not a full on weeaboo but I carried some of its characteristics in the past.

The last weeabooish thing I've done was asking my friend in Japan whether she was a fan of Kingdom Hearts because I saw the name "Riku" in her email address. It was her dog's name. Luckily, she apparently hasn't heard of Kingdom Hearts so I was spared looking completely stupid.

I do speak in half English and half Japanese when I don't know how to say something completely in Japanese. If we have to say something strictly in one language when we don't have the full grasp of it, that's going limit what we want to convey to others, and therefore I consider that impractical in communication.

One more thing, if all the information you get about Japan is from anime, then you will be surprised. Physically, it looks almost exactly the same (as in some anime), yet it does not feel the same. Their society is very unique and I don't think most anime portray the real Japan that well. Maybe because as TV shows solely for entertainment purposes they tend to idealize everything. Remember that anime is made by the Japanese, and for the Japanese, so they don't expect foreigners to watch it and believe in it like it was their religion. That's pretty much like watching High School Musical and thinking western high school life is all like that.

Anyway, I did go to Japan at some point and I was more impressed than before I had been there. If you choose to visit there, I can guarantee it will not disappoint you.

Symphony Lillis
Thread has been necroed, right?
I know I've already posted here and the OP has already gotten a warning for trolling. |: Why bother necroing? It's not really worth it.

Anyways, who cares about weeaboos/wapanese? Who cares? They can just say or like whatever they want. Seriously. Mind your own business. Those who don't like them can f*ck off and go along doing their own gig and liking what they want. |:

TL;DR version of my post: Ignore the trolls and ignore the weeaboos/wapanese. |: who cares what they do. they are who they are.

Sorry, I didn't notice.
I just saw that it was among the recently updated threads, so I decided to make a post.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:03 pm
Thread has been necroed, right?
I know I've already posted here and the OP has already gotten a warning for trolling. |: Why bother necroing? It's not really worth it.

Anyways, who cares about weeaboos/wapanese? Who cares? They can just say or like whatever they want. Seriously. Mind your own business. Those who don't like them can f*ck off and go along doing their own gig and liking what they want. |:

TL;DR version of my post: Ignore the trolls and ignore the weeaboos/wapanese. |: who cares what they do. they are who they are.  

wintus

A Sojourner

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 pm
My friend purposely says desoo to annoy the heck out of me. I might tell her to shut up, one day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 pm
Okay, I'm Chinese on my mother's side, but that's like my great great Grandfather Lee Joe... at least I think it was Lee... but that has nothing to do with my love of the Japanese culture even if I somehow ended up with slanted eyes when no one else has them... huh, must be fate
Kairi_Kozplayr
G00dleQ
Open your eyes. Actually I hope you visit Japan. I've been there myself and you'll find it isn't what you think it is.

I LIVE in Japan.
I do agree with you, if you're an anime nerd in the states, you're still an anime nerd in Japan. There aren't as many cosplayers as you think, and there is only one anime con in Japan. The Japanese are very racist against westerners, but just don't say anything to your face. (most of the time). He isn't trolling, he's telling you the truth.
The only problem is that Weaboos and Wapanese people are people who:
Worship the Japanese and call their own race/country inferior
Cosplay
Use English and Japanese in the same sentence, like "omg, so kawaii!"
People who only want to go because of anime and manga or because of the cosplays
People who want to go just so they can where the school uniforms. (Yes, the uniforms do look like they came straight out of an anime, but they are also itchy and uncomfortable.)
People who call themselves Japanese just because they know the language.
People who learn Japanese just to translate anime or manga.

I know it is fun to be obssessed with japan, because when my parents told me what lives they lived in Japan, I fantasized about it. And the more anime I watched, the more I cosplayed, and the more they taught me the language, I felt closer and closer to home. Now that I am here, it's not what I thought it would be. Women are considered house-tools, and their jobs are for cooking, cleaning the house, and teaching the kids.
The guys have to go out and get good paying jobs and bring back a smart and beautiful Japanese woman to mate with. That's how harsh life their is.

I do understand how fun it is to fantasize, and I know how bad it feels to be told this, but it's true. I'm not taking any sides, I'm just stating the facts. Even I get made of sometimes because I'm Asian-American.

First, I don't see a problem with mixing English with Japanese. The Japanese mix Japanese with English all the time (in their music, in anime, when they chat, in dramas... Koreans like to say "Fighting" all the time in dramas for some strange reason confused ). Sometimes I think it's cute, sometime I find it annoying but it's really nothing to get upset over.

Two, Japanese aren't racist, they just don't like foreigners. Period. (You can't be racist if you don't like anybody. They're nice once they get to know you biggrin ) Big cities like Tokyo are used to foreigners, but if you go out in the country you get stared at. If I were them I wouldn't like foreigners either. How would YOU feel if you had two atomic bombs dropped in your country and you military was taken away and you were forced to be a peace-loving country? Yeah, I thought so.

Three, so what if I like anime and sometimes shout at my laptop in Japanese in anger or in squee depending on what I'm doing? (Whether it's all Japanese or mixed with english.. and yes I said "squee". And yes, I yell at my computer in Japanese. It's set to display Japanese so I learn to read better)
I'm not going there for the anime or manga, if I wanted that I could just order it. I'm not going there because I expect it to be like the books. I'm going because I like the culture and the customs. People there are polite and once you make friends with them it's like you are family.

I would never call myself Japanese (I have never even heard someone call themselves Japanese because they knew the language)- I will always be a proud citizen of the USA, no matter how much I love Japan and its culture, it will never be my real home.

It's fun to be obsessed with Japan. Though I prefer to be called an anime otaku and not a nerd when speaking in English. (I don't use it in Japanese because not many Japanese people use it and find it offensive because it is a negative term)

I love people who learn Japanese to translate anime and manga, without them I would have never come to know the beauty of the Japanese culture whee

I don't care how many anime conventions Japan has (Though I know they have at least four: Jump Festa, Reitaisai, Comiket and Tokyo International Anime Fair), they have so many festivals, I would probably completely forget about the conventions. I'm not expecting to see the streets teeming with fangirls in cosplay- half my Japanese friends don't even like anime, actually, most of them don't like anime.

I happen to like my one "itchy" gothic lolita uniform and my socks glue thank you very much. talk2hand

Women are treated like tools in a lot of countries (heck, women are still treated like tools in the USA in lots of places), the same with how men are expected to make all the money. It's not harsh, it's reality and I'm not really surprised. rolleyes The world has been like this since the beginning of time. What should make Japan any different? Even if this thread is old, I wanted to put my two cents in.
l Sailor Sagittarius l
Maybe you're in a bad mood because you went to Tokyo and had to wait about 6758 hours before you could use the bathroom? :/

What she said.  

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:56 pm
That could be true.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 am
Lol I don't get why someone who isn't Japanese would want to be....but it's a lovely country to shop in with all the wacky things.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:35 am
Well I think it best to learn the basic material of their teaching method how they communicate try exchange cell phone numbers at school if person comes from Japan is trying to learn English they will teach nihongo as Japanese. I remember at high school we had exchanges students from around the world come from different place to learn English.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:53 pm
I may try to take Japanese and at least delve into their culture a little more than I already know.I know you can never be too careful with other cultures and ways of respect.I don't want to disrespect anyone.General...

Plus I don't want to have to say...Gomen sweatdrop ...every turn in Japan.

_Violin of Vanadiel_

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:28 am
emotion_bigheart
Uhm...

I'm not Japanese, but I'm just learning Japanese for fun. I'd never have the money to go to Japan, nor would anyone in my family, well, that I know of anyway. I simply want to be fluent in another language, and know at least a bit about the culture from the country that that language is spoken in. Although, the anime and manga are nice too, but I'm starting to like learning about the culture more...

Wait, did I ramble on? Sorry...

emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:29 am
I am pure Japanese and also bilingual.
Why don't you ask me?

PS: Take it or leave it.  

Aerorio

Obiwan-in-a-pudding

Tipsy Partygoer

10,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:28 pm
A Sojourner
My friend purposely says desoo to annoy the heck out of me. I might tell her to shut up, one day.

shita nou ga iikamo
sonna ni shinpai shinai de.  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas