Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
☆ Need to Talk? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:41 pm
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

Many areas have free day care and therapy for kids who need help like speech therapy. If your pediatrician doesn't know of any, ask at the Red Cross or any other agencies you know of that work with families with low incomes.

Meanwhile, keep talking to him with your adult voice (no baby talk needed - especially since he understands you fine) and encourage him to tell you what he wants (give choices he can echo, like "the red one or the banana?" so he has to say what he wants). Of course, he'll probably resist and want to throw a temper tantrum, but don't let that deter you. He needs to know bad behavior will never get him what he wants. And don't fret when you just figure out what he wants and give it to him "for free" - even learning can get tiring after a while.

It sounds like he's developing well, except for maybe a speech delay, so don't worry (yeah, I know, impossible). Well, try not to worry. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy?

I will definitely look into my options and ask around. <3
Thank you for talking to me and helping, honey. ^^

If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?

Any time. My experiences with that age group are several years out of date, but it was a magical time for me as I'm sure it is for you. Take lots of pictures! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:30 pm
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

Many areas have free day care and therapy for kids who need help like speech therapy. If your pediatrician doesn't know of any, ask at the Red Cross or any other agencies you know of that work with families with low incomes.

Meanwhile, keep talking to him with your adult voice (no baby talk needed - especially since he understands you fine) and encourage him to tell you what he wants (give choices he can echo, like "the red one or the banana?" so he has to say what he wants). Of course, he'll probably resist and want to throw a temper tantrum, but don't let that deter you. He needs to know bad behavior will never get him what he wants. And don't fret when you just figure out what he wants and give it to him "for free" - even learning can get tiring after a while.

It sounds like he's developing well, except for maybe a speech delay, so don't worry (yeah, I know, impossible). Well, try not to worry. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Any time. My experiences with that age group are several years out of date, but it was a magical time for me as I'm sure it is for you. Take lots of pictures! biggrin

It's wonderful. I wish he'd stay little forever, so we can just play and have fun all day. lol
And I doooo. c: So many pictures. lol He loves having his picture taken.

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:32 pm
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

It's wonderful. I wish he'd stay little forever, so we can just play and have fun all day. lol

Enjoy the ride - as much fun as you're having now, it gets even better!  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:53 pm
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

Enjoy the ride - as much fun as you're having now, it gets even better!

Haha yeah, but I just can't imagine him growing up and being too big to cuddle or sit on my lap DX

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:11 pm
Sarcasdick
Haha yeah, but I just can't imagine him growing up and being too big to cuddle or sit on my lap DX

Luckily it takes years, so you have time to adjust. lol  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:37 am
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

this is very true lol
hes still always gonna be my little bug though

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 am
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

this is very true lol

Absolutely - love never dies! It just grows and grows!  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:26 am
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

this is very true lol

Yes c:
and he's growing so fast. lol

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:54 am
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

this is very true lol

Yes c:

LOL! I remember that feeling of utter astonishment as my baby became a whole new entity every few months. What an adventure. And I'm blessed that now she and I have become more than mother-daughter. We're close friends, too.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:57 am
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
JoyRose
Sarcasdick

this is very true lol

Yes c:

LOL! I remember that feeling of utter astonishment as my baby became a whole new entity every few months. What an adventure. And I'm blessed that now she and I have become more than mother-daughter. We're close friends, too.

I know the feeling.
I look at pics of him when he was 3m, and it doesn't even look like the same child. o.o
He's grown so fast, and changed so much.
I'me xcited and kinda nervous for his future though. c:
He's always gonna be a lil cutie.

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 am
Sarcasdick
I know the feeling.
I look at pics of him when he was 3m, and it doesn't even look like the same child. o.o

I'm glad you are enjoying him. My mom was so young and overwhelmed when I was born she hardly had time to enjoy the ride, and now she regrets it a little. Luckily she and I have also become very close friends and we enjoy the ride together now.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:20 pm
JoyRose
Sarcasdick
I know the feeling.

I'm glad you are enjoying him. My mom was so young and overwhelmed when I was born she hardly had time to enjoy the ride, and now she regrets it a little. Luckily she and I have also become very close friends and we enjoy the ride together now.

Yeah, the first 6 months were really really hard for me, and I look back at it and feel terrible.
But, I've made it through, and it's all gonna get better. c:

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

iPoopMAGIC

Anxious Bunny

16,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:29 pm
I can help with general computer problems (Not internet ones though), I do well with suggestions and advice for those who can't choose something or are uncertain about anything. I can help anyone going through a tough time with mental illness, I have a friend with Schizophrenia who I have helped through nights where he feels like he can't get away. Also for suicide/cutting problems, for I have been proclaimed as all of my friend's therapist, and no, I won't be like how does this make you feel, I will listen, I won't judge, and I will gladly give suggestions and talk and interact with you. I can help with relationship issues and could answer if the person you're with is right to be with, I could help anyone with really tough decisions, showing and telling you why one outweighs another thing. I am really good at helping people, because I speak the brutal yet needed truth, and I really know there are so many people aren't comfortable talking with. I can seriously help anyone is so many ways,and I promise I'm not a meanie butt. I help every one I know, and any of my friend will tell you I am one of the best people to go to for any kind of problem. If you are still unsure that I can help, it's always worth the shot and can't hurt! Shoot me a PM so we can discuss whatever you need. You're all lovely people who deserve happiness. Every single one of you. If anything is bothering you, please talk to me. We can be friends. c: ♥

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:33 am
You guys are so wonderful and further proof that this guild is such a gem because of the people in it. emotion_bigheart

So, for those who care to know, I can lend an ear on a variety of topics, but will be most able to talk about and help you with:
  • Body image issues, especially surrounding weight gain/acne
  • Academic pressure
  • Dermatillomania and trichotillomania
  • Long-distance and long-term relationships
  • Catholicism and Catholic teaching
  • Writing poetry/prose as a form of therapy

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

nadeshiko hyuga

Blessed Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 pm
I can offer some help. I have a little experience on handling psychological stuff and all, and I think it might help a bit. heart  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff