Welcome to Gaia! ::

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Back to Guilds

Guild to teach, learn or talk about japanese language and culture 

Tags: Anime, Contest, Japanese, Giveaway, Free 

Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Why did/are you learning Japanese? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It was...
anime~ ;D
36%
 36%  [ 50 ]
other. ^w^
63%
 63%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 136

Sweet Seila

2,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 pm
Glad I'm of the only one learning for the sake of manga XD.

At first, my main intention was so that I can read manga raws and play untranslated Japanese games... Ok, that's still my intention till now sweatdrop
But I also want to learn because learning a third language (I only know two as of now) could be helpful XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:54 am
My interest in learning japanese started out like most of my peers. Through anime. I used to listen to a lot japanese songs and try to translate them myself and got a hang of it from there. My main reason in learning japanese was because I wanted to go to Japan so I won't have much trouble in understanding them. I got distracted when the korean wave hit our shores.. but i want to polish my japanese skills now !  

tezamae

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Profitable 100

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:17 pm
i am learning Japanese in a guild because i want expand my vocabulary saying. So when i go Japan i can speak with my friends. I want to learn also Korean language since i m in Korean guild.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 pm
The reason why im learning Japanese so when i travel to Japan some day i would like to speak it with my friends.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Sublimegamer

Generous Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:55 pm
Had a girlfriend in HS whose family was japanese so it was a second language to her. She taught me so when I met her parents I could interact but I have forgotten it and want to relearn. Like i don't remember a thing and i feel like an idiot for forgetting it!  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 pm
I want to relearn the Japanese language because I want to speak to one of my friend's Brother who don't speak English at all.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

MissAzureUsagi

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm
I started learning it because I fell for a Japanese guy about two years back. He was my inspiration to start studying it & learning Japanese helped me realize that I have a knack for learning foreign languages in general.

I made a friend from Japan sometime last year, & now I'm studying to be able to communicate with him and his family better, since none of them speak very good English.

I also want to learn it because I'm hoping to major in Japanese in college. heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:30 pm
Well trying to take Japanese so i can communicate with my friends family and plus bond with her brother who doesn't speak English at all but only Japanese. I wasn't luck back then learn the language at young age. I am trying to take advantage of it.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

The Epic Tree

8,700 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am
Anime and gaming mostly. Parents also encouraged.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 pm
I want to learn Japanese because I'm half Japanese and American and knowing just English seems so...*sigh*... =__=; ....anyways my mom speaks Japanese and English so I want to know how to speak Japanese too. Also I'll be able to finally communicate with my grandparents and cousins! I wanna learn so bad! xp  

BroHanSein

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:04 pm
want to learn how to speak Japanese so i can be able to communicate with Harumi's friends.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:36 pm
I want to learn Japanese for two reasons.

1- for anime, some anime i want to watch is either in Japanese or has English sub-titles.
2- Also I have an Aunt that lives in Japan all her life and doesnt know English very well. So i want to learn so tht she doesnt feel bad once she come to America  

Sai Suicide

Interesting Shopper

2,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 pm
I'm learning Japanese because I plan on moving to Hokkaido after I get my bachelor degree in college (im going into my junior year of high school now lol).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:48 pm
Anime was a major reason for me, but I've also pretty much been in love with the food and culture since I was little. I want to be an English teacher and a manga artist in Japan, so some practice buddies would be very helpful, please.  

goirkens

Profitable Hunter

8,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 am
goirkens
Anime was a major reason for me, but I've also pretty much been in love with the food and culture since I was little. I want to be an English teacher and a manga artist in Japan, so some practice buddies would be very helpful, please.

lol me too! im gonna be an english teacher until i have enough yen to support myself while I search for a job related to computer science. lol it'll be hard...  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff