Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gamingguru's game recruiting... got 5 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 am
How do third party 3.5 supplements work? Like Dragon Compendium from Paizo (which reprints Dragon magazine - the official D&D magazine - stuff)?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 am
Third party sources are run on a case by case basis. You ask the DM about it and he will say Nay or Yay. Such as Flaws and traits that can be found on third party D&D websites are asked individually and then evaluated to see if the DM thinks they are worth you gaining what you do. (Remember these are peoples OWN ideas and as such they may have holes or be too over powered or too underpowered to grant what they do.)  

Archfiend Damio

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 pm
I'm going to go ahead and submit this for DM consideration. I did take one level from a non-WotC 3.5 source, but it has only marginal impact on the character, so hopefully it'll be allowed. If preferred, I can certainly do some rearranging.

I humbly submit the traveling warrior-nun, Sister Neige Eirabraith.

Edit: Still need to work out how to phrase background. Trying to get exactly the right angle on her history, but a rough idea is that she was orphaned when her family were killed and devoured by ghouls, and joined a cloister due to that. St. Bane is a saint of Pelor's church who hunts undead.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:11 am
If you are going to want to play the battle dancer you need to supply everything it give if not to everyone at least to the DM, in my opinion and most DMs on here do the same, if they one player to use something then all players should have a right to use it as well.  

Archfiend Damio

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:43 am
I already did spell out what the first level of Battle Dancer gives me - Unarmed strike progression like a Monk, a good Reflex save, a d8 hit die, full BAB, Charisma to AC instead of Wisdom, and 4 class skills per level.

Or do you mean I'd have to type out the entire 20 level class and post it here for everyone to use? Would I have to do that for the Vow of Poverty or Crusader, too?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am
Vow and the book of nine swords I am familiar with I was just talking about the Battle Dancer if you plan to only take one level in it then That's fine but weather the DM wants the full 20 progression is up to him.  

Archfiend Damio

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:12 am
Ah. I got ya.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm
Just let me know where battle dancer is from and i will let you know.

No lasher.  

gamingguru

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:26 am
Battle Dancer's from the Dragon Compendium and Dragon Magazine. It was published by Paizo, but Dragon was the official D&D magazine.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 pm
Is there room for one more?

If there is, I'm thinking of playing a generalist. Good enough to help where needed, but not good enough to steal the spotlight.  

Foremek

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:15 pm
What the eff is a generalist?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 pm
If there's still room for one more, I'd like to jump in, too. I hope a Warforged Charger isn't too much.  

Slave Xaccheus

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm
Warforged Charger has a LA of +4 and 4 HD there for an ECL 8 chracter. So no. you can't play one. your ECL has to equil 5. Unless you have an LA of +1 at which point you can start at level 4 with a LA of +0 BUT only if you have an LA if +1 with no HD (other then class).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:58 am
How does a Blue sound? Basically, a psychic Goblin. The only reason it has a +2 level adjustment is because of three 0-level psychic powers that is can use at will.  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:35 am
A Blue doens't get any at will powers.

They are only an LA+1

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items