do you think its true
  NO
  YES
  dont care
  what are you talking about
View Results

Ametrin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:51 am
Okay then o_O See, the reason I didn't look it up was that the quote itself was an indicator for me that the author most likely isn't a person worth my interest. Because I know that it is untrue and a person who knows basic facts about gothic and its origins wouldn't write it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:54 am
Let's.... just leave this poor, mundane, small-minded soul alone. Don't we all have something else we could do with our lives? Like, let's say... bake a red velvet cake, learn a new language, listen to music, scare the people at a local store?

We come here to discuss, connect, and support fellow goths as well as clearing up misconceptions and answering questions of non-goths. This discussion shall not go any further, so it seems... thus, it is time to move on, and maybe even forget this ever happened to us, or let's open another thread and complain and actually talk about it, but seeing how all except for one of "us" (if you could even in reality call "him" that?) are on the same page, I do not think that shall be necessary.

Sorry to be acting like the topper on a cake, or all "high and mighty", but, I am just trying to state a simple suggestion to everyone else here. Maybe even those who, as I, tried to ignore this thread, but eventually just said "What....that thread is still open?". Also, anyone who has any new or random ideas for a topic post, please do so, thank you.  

Angel of the End

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 am
Angel of the End
Let's.... just leave this poor, mundane, small-minded soul alone. Don't we all have something else we could do with our lives? Like, let's say... bake a red velvet cake, learn a new language, listen to music, scare the people at a local store?

We come here to discuss, connect, and support fellow goths as well as clearing up misconceptions and answering questions of non-goths. This discussion shall not go any further, so it seems... thus, it is time to move on, and maybe even forget this ever happened to us, or let's open another thread and complain and actually talk about it, but seeing how all except for one of "us" (if you could even in reality call "him" that?) are on the same page, I do not think that shall be necessary.

Sorry to be acting like the topper on a cake, or all "high and mighty", but, I am just trying to state a simple suggestion to everyone else here. Maybe even those who, as I, tried to ignore this thread, but eventually just said "What....that thread is still open?". Also, anyone who has any new or random ideas for a topic post, please do so, thank you.

BAAAWWWWWWWWW  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 pm
Angel of the End

I hate to be blunt, but ******** hell. You just bother me.
You do realize you're one ill tempered post away from being banned for flamming, and really have no place to talk, right?
You can consider this a warning for the future.

But on to what I came here to do.
This thread started off kind of funny, and is now just kind of sad. So, I would suggest either getting back on topic, or letting this die.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:08 pm
So whoever said Goths are Satanists was non-specific.
Satanists as in "******** YEAH THE DEVIL" or the philosophical atheistic Satanists?

But I seriously doubt anybody even remotely credible that's not Konstantinos has ever said Goths are all Satanists, so this topic is pretty much dead.
I got my trolling out of my system.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Zahmen II
Satanists as in "******** YEAH THE DEVIL" or the philosophical atheistic Satanists?

But I seriously doubt anybody even remotely credible that's not Konstantinos has ever said Goths are all Satanists, so this topic is pretty much dead.

Care for a drink, my friend?

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm
Alexi Vonaley
Zahmen II

I only drink blood, because I am a goth, I am also a vampire, as Konstantinos also told me that all Goths are Vampires.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm
Zahmen II
Alexi Vonaley
Zahmen II

I only drink blood, because I am a goth, I am also a vampire, as Konstantinos also told me that all Goths are Vampires.

And the Jewish are really hairy chipmunks in disguise, as Pastor Richard said.

Edit.I may get lashed for this, but **** it.

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:01 am
Angel of the End

What the hell is "us" supposed to be? Certainly you can't be speaking of goth, as you can't can't include yourself in a group you yourself are not a part of.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:27 pm
Alexi Vonaley
Zahmen II
Alexi Vonaley
Zahmen II

And the Jewish are really hairy chipmunks in disguise, as Pastor Richard said.

Edit.I may get lashed for this, but **** it.
1) ...did you really not get the point of his post?

2) It's "Jews"; "Jewish" is an adjective. Just sayin'.

Also...

I recommend that everyone let this thread die now.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

DustQueen

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 am
ѕυ¢н α
вєαυtιfυℓ ιѕαѕ+єя

*~*~*
Well, if people were intelligent they would know that "goth" is actually an era in art and Christian History. Notre Dame and Chartres Cathedrals both display this. Gothic ideas and concepts of being interested in darker and what some would call morbid ideas came about in the Victorian Era when when the elegant funeral clothes became high fashion and it became popular to accept death as a state of being rather than a tragedy. IN fact - in victorian times it was customary to have picnics at gravesites of loved ones to "spend the day with them".

This movement came about again in the 80's when it was reinvented along with metal music and thus came about all the subgenre's of music and pop culture that is now the "gothic" label even though being "goth" is different for every individual.

XD

*Not goth, but boy do i have a gothic side to my personality. Many gothic friends, and interests*
*~*~*
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:54 pm
I have some friends that are both but being goth does not mean that you are a Satanist, no  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:18 pm
0DDESSY
along with metal music
I lol'd, really hard.

This message is brought to you in part by the Give Razors to Emos Foundation
Eradicating at least 24 idiots a day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 am
Human beings typically make ridiculous assumptions about what they dont understand.

When I was in school the redneck kids had a habit of asking if I believed in god. When I said no, they always assumed that I worshiped satan. When I said no to that as well, they usually got kind of confused...

Satan on Speed

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces