Submit

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 pm
Id pay to see that happen. Especially with twi-hards and someone beating them with dracula  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
I would do that too!  

God-Raped-Me

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:38 pm
Sweet, I have a copy of several different vampire books, from Asanbosam (African Vampires) to Upierczi if youd like them. When will the video be up?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:09 pm
I was pretty big on Harry Potter but even I was never so deluded as to believe that Rowling never borrowed from another author. It was just plain embarrassing that there were people in the fandom that were that dumb.

Lieutenant Sephiroth
Id pay to see that happen. Especially with twi-hards and someone beating them with dracula

Ah, the twitards. As for the ones that actually claim that Dracula is a rip off of Twilight... Le sigh.

They seem to think that all vampire authors that came before Meyer had some time machine that they used to travel to the future and steal from Twilight.

"True Blood is stealing from Twilight!" The Southern Vampire Mysteries were published first...

"Vampire Diaries is copying Twilight!" Again, the Vampire Diaries books (which I have not read) came first...

"Stephen King is just jealous of Stephenie Meyer! He'll never be as succesful as her!" ... *Face desk* ...

Let me go get my hard cover copy of Dracula.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 am
Cool, make up a list of stupid people who don't know how to find out what books came first, get me a nice hard cover of the older books and I'll go on a beating rampage!

I'll have to get someone else to video tape however because it would be one shitty video if I was doing the beating AND video taping!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:39 am
124-C
Kyla_Ewens
blaugh I can't wait to see it. I have high hopes for this movie. The style looks beautiful! And the actual books were pretty strange, so I think they'll really do justice to them.

The cat looks awesome, the Queen of Hearts looks so cool...gaaah I can't wait to see it. whee So many awesome-looking movies this year.

You forgot the caterpillar... ninja

@Terra — I suppose you're right about Tom... They couldn't even pull off the spider, so I guess Tom would have been too much awesomeness for them.

Do you remember when they had the big a** spider in there and all the Harry Potter fans were bitching about them stealing the idea? That was pretty funny....

xp I got overly excited and posted before reading the discussion about Alan Rickman as the caterpillar....my gods....Depp and Rickman should be in EVERYTHING together. crying crying crying When they sang "Pretty Women" in Sweeney Todd...oh man...I had to buy that song because it's one of the best duets I've ever heard.

@Terra: Don't forget Ann Rice. I never really got "into" those books, but I have "Interview With a Vampire". I actually want to read it again, because I never finished it the first time. Though I wasn't into vampire stuff in high school, "Interview" was so superbly written.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:18 am
I never watched Sweeney Todd because I thought it would be too gory for me, I've been told that I'm right too. I didn't know Alan Rickman was in that movie though, now I feel even more sad for not being able to watch it!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:27 am
There's a lot of blood in Sweeney Todd, but it's SO much that it's sort of more silly than scary.

But I'd still call it gore, and I know you have issues with that, GRM!

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:32 pm
*gleee!* whee  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm
God-Raped-Me
I never watched Sweeney Todd because I thought it would be too gory for me, I've been told that I'm right too. I didn't know Alan Rickman was in that movie though, now I feel even more sad for not being able to watch it!

Yeah, the version with Depp and Rickman is pretty bloody and gory. If you really want to see a great version of Sweeny Todd without all that gore, there's a really great stage version on dvd. It has Angela Lansbury in it, and it's wonderful! It can be a little tricky to find, but I was able to rent it from Netflix. No Mr. Depp, but it's still an awesome musical. I saw that version loooong before the recent movie version.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:47 pm
I may have to. I just find Butron's work amazing for the most part, then this movie has Depp AND Rickman in it... That's just a tease now.... gonk  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff