Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lk333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:48 pm
Rorrick comeing to the aid of his allies moves across the battlfield out of the big red ants range stopping next to vince he slashes at the big black ant north of him saying "stay away from my allies you oversized insect its me you want." Raising his shield he guards vince increaseing his defense. Then he shouts to wounded dwarf reasurring words "stand fast friend dwarf you will live to drink more wine yet."

Move Action: move 1square east and two squares north witch should put me next to vince if it doesnt just deduct my remaining two squares to put me there.
Standard Action: use encoutner power guarding attack against large black ant north of vince 18 vs the ants AC, 14 damage and vince gains a bonus to ac equal to 1+my cha mod (+3) for a total bonus of +4 against that ants attacks until the end of my next turn.
Minor use inspireing word on Kardenn he can spend a healing surge and get back an additional 8hp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 am
((Nah, it's all good. I would have liked to get rid of both of those little things, but if I can't, oh well. *shrugs*))

Vince's eyes found the dwarf paladin from his higher vantage point as the red ant's captive. Again. One of his eyebrows lifted into the air as the stocky man said that he needed help. 'You and me both,' he thought, and then noticed the warlord defending his flank.

It had been so long since he had fought alongside anyone, he had almost forgot how great it felt to know that someone had his back. The idea granted him strength, which he turned on his captor.

Wiggling his arms, he finally worked his hands in between his body and the over-sized ant's pincers. Pushing with all his might, he once more forced them apart, just enough for him to slip down to the ground without much harm.

He looked ahead and behind himself, and saw that he was trapped. Cornered. Flanked... Time to make his enemies regret doing that.

Pulling his right leg in close to his body, he shot it out behind him in a powerful mule kick, sighting down his whole body at the red ant's head. Watching with satisfaction as the blow landed squarely, he then brought his leg back down.

With the fluidity of a master, he turned the energy expended to lower the leg into energy to pull back his right fist. He then launched it forward, this time aiming for the black ant who had tried to take a piece out of him.

Quote:
Move Action: Athletics vs. Red Ant's Fort to break grapple. 20
Standard Action: Dual Strike.
Attack 1: Against Red Ant. 25
Attack 2: Against Black Ant. 15
Damage 1: 8
Damage 2: 7

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:26 am
Kardenn felt the flow of healing energy within him, for the first time in years. It felt good. The Dwarf then realised he was still being besieged by two of the bloody ants. Holding them off for a second, Kardenn tried to remember his training, "O.K, how do I do this? Umm...Moradin give me the srength to defeat my enemies." He said the words without conviction, but still he felt divine strength flowing into his hammer arm. "Ha ha! It worked! Here we go!" He then dodged past a strike from the ant, before swinging his warhammer at its...face?

But alas, even with Moradin on his side, Kardenns warhammer narrowly misses the beast. With a curse, Kardenn then neatly steps backwards out of harms way, using fighting prowess that bellies his appearance.

Quote:
Minor: Divine Strength
Standard: Ardent Strike on ant north of me 14 vs. AC
Move: Shift one square south

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:08 am
After seeing his quarry get away, Kreil chased the beast up the cave. Unfortunately the ant managed to just dodge your blow, Though it seemed he dodged straight into Rorrick's blade, ripping off one of it's many legs. Blood started to pour from the wound as it eyed the Warlord with contempt.

Meanwhile Sovelian put on his Goggles of Natural 20, and got a fantastic shot on the big ant.

Kardenn, feeling much better after the Warlord's reasurance that he'll get to drink wine again, decided to try putting his faith in Moradin. The lord looked down on the Dwarf with a smile, filling him with almighty strength! And then the wineo missed. Kardenn could feel the shameful glare of his patron looming over him as he stepped away from the insectoids.

Clearly annoyed at being the ant's new chew toy, Vince prised himself free once more to unleash an onslaught of attacks. His fist just bounced off the black ants thick hide, but he managed to get in a good hit on the recently damaged red ant. As his fist collided with the Insect's face, his antenna snapped with a crunching noise, leaving acidic blood to drip down onto the floor.

The ants moved forward to continue fending off the intruders, the small one managing to get a bite in Rorrick and the big one managing to get another taste of the delicious, Dwarven flesh. The now 5 legged ant seemed a little disoriented and managed to miss the human, but the red ant just looked pissed. Once more he picked Vince up off the floor in his big red pincers.

User Image

Initiative:
1. Vince: 22 damage, bloodied and grabbed.
2. Small Ants:
3. Big Ants: 1[1N of Vince]:Oath'd, 27 damage and bloodied. 2:
4. Big Red Ant: Grabbing, 27 damage and bloodied.
5. Kreil: Initiative.
6. Rorrick: 6 damage.
7. Sovelian:
8. Kardenn: 9 damage.

Everyone may post. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:29 am
Kreil shifts forward, getting himself away from the red ant so he can focus on the black ant which he had sworn to kill. Using Bond of Pursuit again, he attacked.

((Move action: Shifted north one square))
((Minor: nada))
((Standard: Bond of Pursuit))
((Wis vs. AC))
((Attack Roll = 14))
((Damage = 8 *just in case I actually managed to hit the thing*))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 am
Sovelian continues his assault, "Hold tight, young Vince! Stay with us!"

((No Move or Minor. Just Magic Missile))
((Int V Reflex))
((Attack Roll: 15))
((Damage: 10))  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:02 pm
"Damn Ants! By Clanggedins hammer I will kill you! Or at least hit you!" Kardenn took a swig of wine and swung like a madman at the Ant in front of him. Letting out a triumphant laugh, Kardenn connected with the ant. Unfortunately, Kardenn is so pleased with himself, that he forgets where he is and starts doing a Dwarven jig while gluggin his wine.

Quote:
Minor: Drink Wine
Standard: Heedless Fury on ant north of me. 18 vs. AC, 18 damage. And I take a -5 to all defenses until the end of my next turn ^^

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:34 pm
Once more, Vince strained with all of his might to force the ant to release him. But this time, he could fell that his strength was leaving him. He stopped pushing for a few minutes, panting to try and catch his breath, and then once more went about trying to free himself.

Quote:
Move Action: Athletics vs. Fortitude to break free. 13
Standard Action: Second Wind. Spend a healing surge, regain 6 HPs, and +2 to all defenses.

iDragow

lk333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Rorrick relizeing he cant think of anymore incourageing words decides the best alternative is to get rid of the ant holding vince. Rorrick moved south five feet and swung his schimitar into the large red ant saying "die you overgrown pest."

(Move Action: Shift one square south putting me next to big red)
(Standard Action Wolf Pact Tactics but since vince cant move its shift effect has no effect 24vsAC and 11 damage to big red.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:12 am
Kreil's leg must be playing up something chronic, he couldn't seem to get a hit in! Sovelian on the other hand, after expending his Goggles of Natural Twenty item power, was still enjoying the Goggles "never miss" property.

Kardenn was starting to get pretty tired with these mutha fukin' ants in this mutha fukin' cave, so decided to BRING ON THE PAIN! As his mighty Warhammer landed on the ants face you actually see it's acidic blood fly out from behind the sides of the Hammer. Inspired by his comrades brutal strike, Rorrick decided he'd had enough of the overgrown pair of pliers. His sword stuck into the red ant's side, killing it instantly.

As the beast fell there was an eruption of yellowish gas from the wound, the smell was such that Rorrick fell to the floor. But once the other ants smelt this they once more went crazy, circling the Half-Elf for some well earned revenge. While on the floor you could do little to stop their claws from hitting your face and legs. One particular bad cut just under the eye started bleeding profusely. The other ant seizing Kardenn's dip in defence also went in for a pretty gruesome attack, managing to get through a gap in your armour to taste the sweet Dwarven blood once more.

[[@Vince: After Rorrick killed the red ant you were no longer grabbed on you turn meaning you have a move action left. Also I'll let you change your turn if you desire since you didn't know you'd be able to attack.]]

User Image

Initiative:
1. Vince: 16 damage, and bloodied.
2. Small Ants:
3. Big Ants: 1[1S of Vince]:Oath'd, 27 damage and bloodied. 2[1N of Kardenn]: 18 damage and bloodied.
5. Kreil: Initiative.
6. Rorrick: Prone, 24 damage and bloodied.
7. Sovelian:
8. Kardenn: 21 damage and bloodied.

Everyone may post. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am
Kreil's leg was certainly bothering him, but he made more of an effort to ignore the pain as he seized a rather nice opportunity and moved so he was flanking the ant he had been attacking during this entire fight. He once again tried to hit with Bond of Pursuit, irritated that the ant continuously moved away from him. He was going to get its attention really well this time. He hoped.

((Move Action: moving to flank the big ant with the blue-haired guy))
((Minor Action: pfft. none))
((Standard Action: Bond of Pursuit))
((Wis vs. AC))
((Attack roll = 20))
((Damage = 12))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:08 am
[[Rorrick is prone so you don't get flanking bonus, but don't worry you still hit. mrgreen ]]

Getting tired of his quarry repeatedly scurrying away from him, Kreil swerved past the bloody human to get a well placed thrust into the ant's abdomen. As the ant fell the smaller of the remaining ants scurries towards the Eladrin, while the bigger one swerved round to get at the Dwarf's back.

User Image

Initiative:
1. Vince: 16 damage, and bloodied.
2. Small Ants:
3. Big Ants: 1[1S of Vince]:Oath'd, 27 damage and bloodied. 2[1N of Kardenn]: 18 damage and bloodied.
5. Kreil:
6. Rorrick: Prone, 24 damage and bloodied. Initiative.
7. Sovelian:
8. Kardenn: 21 damage and bloodied.

Everyone else may post. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

lk333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:11 am
Rorrick struggled to get up as the ants had did a number on him he looked at the eladrin and said "thank you for comeing to my aid friend kreil." He then took a second to catch his breath trying to regain some of his strength.

Move Action Stand up
Standard Action: Second Wind regain 6hp and +1 to all defenses till start of my next turn.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:03 pm
Sovelian smirks to himself as his attacks help take down one of the creatures, nodding as another falls. He turns to the other big ant and fires off a silver pair of arcane bursts.

((More Magic Missile, this time against the remaining Big Black Ant))
((Int+1 V AC))
((Attack: 16))
((Damage: 10))  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:54 pm
Kardenn stops doing his jig as he takes a powerful hit from one of the ants. Turning around, he then swings his warhammer at the nearest foe. As he strikes, he smashes the puny ant to smithereens! Kardenn then neatly steps away, and glugs down the rest of his wine to celebrate.

Standard: Ardent Strike on ant south of me; 21 vs. AC, 12 damage and he is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn, although I am pretty certain he is dead, but if he isn't I will tell you what Divine Sanction is (or you can look in DP ^^)
Move: Shift north one square.
Minor: Finish off wine.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas