Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 am
@Pelloth - Rithin Fyord stays silent for a while after you speak. But before too long he turns and says, "That is good, Pelloth. The Dark Lord favours those who offer him many sacrifices of so called innocents." You notice that at the end of the word 'innocents', Rithin elongates the S and his famously forked tongue comes out to show itself. Although he has oily hair and a slightly disturbing tongue, the man is definitely attractive. You have heard stories of him using his powerful position to take many women to his bed chambers.

"In fact, I think you deserve a reward for dedicated service to our lord." He then extends his left arm toward you. You see his snake slither down it, going under and around until it arrives at his hand which is pointing toward you. The snake rears its head and bares his sharp fangs. "Do you trust me, Drow?" Rithin says, in a quiet almost accusatory tone.

@Gerash - The runes on the floor are mainly used to channel arcane power more effectively. An arcane ritual used here in the temple, would be more effective, and might require less components to use. As you walk across the room you also feel a sense of the arcane, the air all around you seems full to the brim with magic.

You can tell that the teleportation circle on the left can not be used from here. But it can be used in conjunction with a linked portal, or similar ritual, to arrive at the temple. You may spend a few minutes taking down the Sigil if you wish. The one on the right however, appears to be two way, but you are certain that you need to either have a 'key' to access it, or speak some sort of password to activate it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm
Gerash takes note of the sigil sequence of the left circle, intending to write it in his spellbook later, then he turns and addresses the only other person in the room, "I've returned from a raid on Paulin that filled the city with death. Now I wish to learn more about undeath. What must I do to earn Vecna's wisdom?" The necromancer followed the lich god's example, but he was less than devout in his dedication. He was out for personal gain, not to earn divine blessings. It was only when the two coincided that he bothered coming to this temple, and as such some of the simpler secrets of the faith were not yet second-nature to him  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:24 pm
Pelloth arched his eyebrow at the ludicrous question. Only a fool trusted someone. Trust was something you got a fool to do before stabbing him in the back. However, he didn't believe the man would attempt to kill him, and he was intrigued by this reward the man offered. Besides, he had faith the the enchantment in his armor would protect him from the poison of the snake.

Decided, he wordlessly held out his arm to the man.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:51 pm
Cain stood at the doorway, watching the Drow speak with the Priest somewhat wearily. Without attracting any attention, he pulled out a dagger with the impression he was about to use it to cut himself like all the mindless fools in this temple.

Slowly, he began to walk around the room. Getting himself closer to the conversation so he could hear them clearly, without giving away his eavesdropping.

[[Stealth check=21]]  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:57 pm
@Pelloth - When you held out your arm, almost straight away the viper struck. Its fangs sunk deep into your forearm, and you can feel the venom acting fast. Rithin Fyord looked on with bright, wild eyes. "Feel the waters of Zehir flowing within you child. Embrace them, so that you can become one with our Lord."

You start to feel weak, and your vision begins to blur. You almost fall down, but you stayed strong as not to show any weakness. The venom is like boiling hot tar, making its way around your body.

Almost as quickly as the pain came. It went away. You stop gritting your teeth in agony, and you look at Rithin, who is nodding and wearing a slight smile. You feel stronger now, like you have been 'poisoned' with your deity's divine power.

(You gain resist 5 poison, and I'm going to houserule it and say that it can stack with your armors resistance.)

@Gerash - The human looks at you from underneath his black hood. "It is not easy to learn his secrets, oh dead looking one. Verity has been watching you, and she knows that you could become a Lich, if you but handed over all control to Orcus." He all but spat the name 'Orcus'. As most devotees of Vecna, and the God himself, he seems to despise the Demon Prince of Thanatos.

"She is happy that one such as yourself would ignore the lures of the Demon Prince, and rather attempt to emulate our Lord Vecna. The circle on the right there, it leads to her library, but not just anyone can go there. In fact, I don't think she has let anyone in there in over a year. There may be a way to earn her favor though. Which in turn may allow you to garner some of the Maimed Gods wisdom. In the village known as Kerulan, there is an old sage called Grayda. In her youth, she and Verity Styler used to travel together, out of Ravenholm. They spent years travelling Ashanbar looking for relics and tomes of Vecna. But Grayda betrayed Verity. Much like Kas betrayed our Lord. Grayda attacked Verity and left her for dead, taking some Tomes they had recently found with her.

But Verity lived on and came to be in Ravenholm. Verity heard about Grayda's whereabouts only recently, and was going to go after her, herself. But she has been immersed in her books and lore searching for months now, and sees you as the perfect second best to go in her place. Go to Kerulan, kill Grayda and bring back her collection of Tomes. Although she may be old, Grayda is far from weak; do not underestimate her. When you return with the tomes, Verity will grant you an audience, and access to her library.

The man, then turned back around and continued to stand near the door; as if you weren't even there.

@Cain - You managed to blend in naturally enough without looking to engaged in Pelloth and Rithins conversation. You see and hear everything that happens, including Pelloth getting bitten by a snake and then seemingly being in intense agony for a few seconds.

@Hars and Grashuk - Grashuk, you are sitting on the fountain edge holding the dismembered hand when you see an Orc walking as if with purpose toward Hars. He glances at you briefly and he gives you a look that is at the same time respect, and curiousness.

Hars, the crowd watching you now is over a dozen. Both human and demi-human seem to be enjoying your display. But soon, you see and Orc break the crowds ranks and step forward in front of you. "Hmph. Female Hobgoblin thinks she can fight. Do you care to show Krusk how you fight when you are not just slashing at air?"

The large Orc then draws a longsword from his belt, and takes on a stance you have never seen before. He is crouched low, and holding his sword, for want of a better word, 'round the wrong way'. His arm is far back behind him and with the hilt in his right hand, the sword tip is almost pointing directly to the left of him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:31 pm
Hars rolls the shortswords in her hands before snapping them into position.. "Ohh, I would love to. It's no different actually, just easier to imagine someone worthwhile dead at my feet than to find them." ((init 24))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:54 pm
A faint smile pierces the wizard's desiccated lips, "I'll see what I can do for the priestess." His eyes lingered on the portal to her library for a moment, then he turned and left the temple to meet up with his companions. If this business with the elf took them to Kerulan he'd be in luck, if not he'd have to find a few other meat shields to make sure he was not outmatched by this Grayda.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:50 pm
Pelloth had gripped his rod and was ready to attack the traitorous priest when the pain faded. Still perturbed he gripped his rod for a few more seconds and examined the wound which was still oozing blood. He had expected something along those lines, but the surprising powerfulness of the pain. Finally he spoke saying "Thank you High Priest Fyord for your blessing."

That said he spoke the true reason for his being here, "might I ask you something. What do you know of the current activity of the Bloodstone Stalkers?"  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:50 am
Grashuk eyed the Orc as he marched toward Hars. He was... different than the rest of the gawkers; which became obvious, as soon as he declared his challenge to the changeling.

Tossing the hand over his shoudler and back into the fountain, the Warlord leaned back against the edge, crossing his arms over his chest. During the raid, he hadn't gotten to see much of his allies' fighting styles, being too busy with killing humans. This would be a perfect opportunity to see the Tempest Fighter in action; and, should the need of this information arise, take note of any openings or weaknesses in his/her fighting style.

Although, the orc might also bare watching. If he survived the fight...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:05 pm
@Pelloth - Rithin's lips spread into a thin smile at your question. "Who sent you to us?" By now, his snake had slithered back up his arm and now coiled itself once more around Fyords neck.

@Hars - (My initiative check of 6 means you go first! ^^ Now, I wasn't planning on implementing a map just yet, since its only a 1 on 1. But if it bothers you, tell me and I'll try and get one up soon. If you don't mind, just know that the crowd is 6 squares from you, Grashuk and the fountain are 4 squares to the north, and Krusk is 3 sqaures to the east. Just describe the moves, I don't anticipate too much confunsion...lets hope xp )  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:30 pm
"Daelos." Said a voice from behind Fyord. Cain was stood behind him, the knife still held tight in his hand. The priest had shown nothing that made Cain believe this would end badly and as such hoped not to use it, but he held the knife all the same. One quick thrust would be all it'd take...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:36 pm
Pelloth turned to see the Kenku. He hadn't seen the creature enter the temple, but he had already know of the bird-man's affinity to stealth, so wasn't entirely surprised. The knife didn't concern him either, for there were plenty of worshipers with weapons and both he and the high priest could defend themselves. "Yes, Cain here was the one who actually encountered the elf."  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:22 pm
@Pelloth and Cain - Rithin turned and looked at the Kenku standing before him, gripping a dagger tightly. At first he looked surprised, but within a split second, he had steeled his face again. "Daelos." Rithin said, thin smile across his face again. "That doesn't surprise me, he was a useful acquisition. Come, let us not talked out in the open, in front of...the cattle." His face formed into a snarl as he mentioned the people all around him, the people who look to him for guidance.

You follow Rithin Fyord as he winds his way through the crowd. You arrive at a large wooden door, and Rithin puts an iron key into the lock, turns and opens the door. You step into the room behind the door; it is a large and comfortable looking room. A huge sofa dominates the room, as do the snakes that cover it. They slither all over it, and when you step toward them, they seem to move to make space for the two of you to sit down. The rest of the room is taken up by bookcases, a desk covered in parchment, quills and ink pots. There is also the symbol of Zehir painted on the wall behind the sofa. There is also two doors, one on either side of the room.

"Please sit, they won't bite." Rithin says, a slight look of humorous malice in his eyes.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:41 pm
Hars launches herself, crossing her blades before swinging around ((Hars moves to the square NW of Krusk)) and darts forth with her Oathblade. She makes a strong first impression deep across Krusk's chest ((13 damage + crit bonus)) and slips away, drawing him after her.

((Footwork Lure, shifting 1 sq NW and pulling him into her last square))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas