Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Should children be allowed to believe in Santa Claus? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should children be allowed to believe in Santa Claus?
  Totally, let them keep their innocence
  No way, I don't like lying to innocent children
  Who cares?
View Results

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:19 am
I think it's okay for children to be told about Santa, but not to believe that he's a real person... but to believe in the spirit of Santa and what he symbolizes. Personally I'm going down the St. Nicolas path because I don't celebrate Christmas, so I think it'll be a tad easier for me to accomplish, but we'll see.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 am
What does it hurt for a child to believe in santa, why take that away? They r only children for a little while let them enjoy it and have fun. Most of them figure it out on there own and no harm comes from it.  

yodas wife

Tricksterchild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:44 am
I'm for allowing children to believe in Santa Clause. It's cute XD

But don't break the fact to kids that Santa doesn't exsist too soon. My parents did that and I was scared for life. I've never cried so much gonk But after a few years, I was ready to accept that there wasn't a Santa.

But it all depends on the child. I'm a more sensitive person while my sisters are more "tough". It also depends on what your birthing order is. I was born first, but when I realized that Santa wasn't a real person, my sister's probably got the vibe.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:50 pm
I would not tell my children about Santa Clause because it will be a lie, and then when I tell them not to let anyone in the house, they may let some psycho in the house dressed like Santa Claus and all hell would break loose.  

OneFather

videogame531

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 am
Nici la Fey
Okay, so everyone has the should a kid belive in Santa or not?

Personally, I don't think so because you're lying to your kid, or sibling, cousin, or whoever's younger than you are. Why try to teach kids to be honest if you're going to lie to them for 7 or 8 years or for however long. Besides, you don't need him to learn the spirit of Christmas.

Not only that, but he was created by Cocoa Cola as a profiting scheme.(It's true, I've done my research AND have heard of it from many sources)

Besides, sometime in the future, I wouldn't like my children to think it's ok for a man to sneak into our house in the middle of the night.

Do you just f****** hate kids? it teaches kids to belive and dream you idiot mad . It's people like you that ruin everything for everyone because you think about how, Santa question ruins kids exclaim question exclaim . What about drugs and crime ? Does that hurt kids or are you f******* afraid the imanginary santa is going to ruin your kids lives and and then they will go and get drugs question exclaim exclaim question . But wait!!! if you would have got more involed in anti drugs they wouldn't have gotten the drugs eek . Seriously it's just a made up person dont ever start another thred about how santa will hurt childern or is just bad in general. P.S I know you dont have kids. P.S.S and I know you never will. Hopefullly you won't.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 am
videogame531
Nici la Fey
Okay, so everyone has the should a kid belive in Santa or not?

Personally, I don't think so because you're lying to your kid, or sibling, cousin, or whoever's younger than you are. Why try to teach kids to be honest if you're going to lie to them for 7 or 8 years or for however long. Besides, you don't need him to learn the spirit of Christmas.

Not only that, but he was created by Cocoa Cola as a profiting scheme.(It's true, I've done my research AND have heard of it from many sources)

Besides, sometime in the future, I wouldn't like my children to think it's ok for a man to sneak into our house in the middle of the night.

Do you just f****** hate kids? it teaches kids to belive and dream you idiot mad . It's people like you that ruin everything for everyone because you think about how, Santa question ruins kids exclaim question exclaim . What about drugs and crime ? Does that hurt kids or are you f******* afraid the imanginary santa is going to ruin your kids lives and and then they will go and get drugs question exclaim exclaim question . But wait!!! if you would have got more involed in anti drugs they wouldn't have gotten the drugs eek . Seriously it's just a made up person dont ever start another thred about how santa will hurt childern or is just bad in general. P.S I know you dont have kids. P.S.S and I know you never will. Hopefullly you won't.
User Image

Entirely unwarranted. Next time you get the urge to post something like this, I hope you'll go outside and take a breath of fresh air. Be aware than any more posts like this will probably have the guild moderators bearing down on you.

This is an informal and unofficial warning. I trust that you'll take this to heart and not post in such an aggressive and slanderous manner again.

@OP: Actually, Santa wasn't created by the Coca-Cola company, but I think you've already been told this several times. Check Snopes.com.

I don't think that telling kids that Santa exists is a bad thing because as long as you tell them when they're old enough to understand that it was a game, there shouldn't be any damage.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:35 pm
Snopes/ Coke making Santa is FALSE

I'm curious about how much research you actually made. The coca-cola company does show images of Santa, but DID NOT invent him, nor did they create his image.

I see no problem with letting children believe in Santa. It makes kids and parents happy. As for parents "lying" to their children, can you even call it that? Your parents told you there was a Santa and gave you presents, that's not big of a deal. There are worse ways of being decieved, if you could call it that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:40 pm
    AAAAH, resurrection! *runs from zombie thread*

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Nici la Fey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 pm
WOW, this thread really came back to life...shocking.

@videogame531: This is an opinion, there is no right or wrong, so thank you for sending me that lovely message in a PM as well as posting it.

Thank you Bass20XX. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:44 am
I think that if the parents want to do it why not i mean come on they are just kids  

Wesker89

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:11 pm
I say let them believe in Santa,no harm done.They'll figure out he isn't real when they're older like most people. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:55 pm
Let kids believe in Santa. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. There are worse things to lie to your children about, like the fact that they were adopted or something. Believing in Santa is one of my of my best memories, and I still look back on it fondly.  

Alantie Mistaniu

Champagne98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 pm
My daughter believes in Santa, and she also thinks that babies come from a mommy and daddy who love each other, and the daddy over-feeds the mommy, and she gets big, then the baby comes out of the belly button ^^

the active imagination of a 7 year old ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm
Champagne98
My daughter believes in Santa, and she also thinks that babies come from a mommy and daddy who love each other, and the daddy over-feeds the mommy, and she gets big, then the baby comes out of the belly button ^^

the active imagination of a 7 year old ^^
xd omg that is so cute! I can just see this little 7 year old going "my daddy overfed my mommy and now I'm gonna have a little brother or sister" I'd probably pick her up and huggle her just for that!  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Champagne98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:56 pm
the scary part was when she was 5 and said a hot dog looked like something she shouldn't know about yet.... sometimes I hate Child Protective Services (who took her for 6 months when she was 3 & 1/2, put her in a home where some bad sh!t happened to her.... and yes, the state is paying for it)  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff