Submit

metalmariogc
Vice Captain

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 am
I just got done watching Elfen, and heres mah response: Zoh Ehm Gee. Wow. Just wow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:45 am
is it not a wounderful anime?  

chakra1

metalmariogc
Vice Captain

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Ok, after I had a couple of days to reflect on it, I believe that Elfen has a couple of problems with it. Don't get me wrong, It's good, but not great. First, It felt like it needed to be at least 24 to 30 eps long. It spends just too much time focused on back story and character development, and not enough time moving the actual plot forward. An entire ep of Mayu back story is acceptable, if you have 35 moar eps to blow. The series also left a lot of actual plot threads dangling in favor of these cute personal moments. The personal moments are nice, but the actual plot is whats important here. Like, what about the facility with the Diclonus? Should that not be taken care of? The Director is still in power there. He's still deranged. Hello? And I know a place like that has moar than 3 diclonus at their disposal. And another thing, does Kohta need to bring in EVERY person off the street into his home? I half expected Kohta to offer that bionic soldier on the beach a place to stay.... The series really needed to focus on the things it did well, the WTF moments, the brutal gore, oh, and some actual plot development instead of character development. The 2 are not always the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:28 pm
metalmariogc

Ok, after I had a couple of days to reflect on it, I believe that Elfen has a couple of problems with it. Don't get me wrong, It's good, but not great. First, It felt like it needed to be at least 24 to 30 eps long. It spends just too much time focused on back story and character development, and not enough time moving the actual plot forward. An entire ep of Mayu back story is acceptable, if you have 35 moar eps to blow. The series also left a lot of actual plot threads dangling in favor of these cute personal moments. The personal moments are nice, but the actual plot is whats important here. Like, what about the facility with the Diclonus? Should that not be taken care of? The Director is still in power there. He's still deranged. Hello? And I know a place like that has moar than 3 diclonus at their disposal. And another thing, does Kohta need to bring in EVERY person off the street into his home? I half expected Kohta to offer that bionic soldier on the beach a place to stay.... The series really needed to focus on the things it did well, the WTF moments, the brutal gore, oh, and some actual plot development instead of character development. The 2 are not always the same thing.
i know, but it was a change from what i have been reading so that is why i liked it! it is good but like you said not great. it did get boring at times, but someone getting cut in half makes it all worth it in the end xd  

chakra1

chakra1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:09 am
now i will help humanity end.... mwahahaha!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:27 pm

I will say this: This was the first series that had lots of female nudity that did NOT turn me on... neutral

metalmariogc
Vice Captain

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

chakra1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 am
metalmariogc

I will say this: This was the first series that had lots of female nudity that did NOT turn me on... neutral
ditto................
but then again for me it is hard to do that because ........... ok this could e 13+ so i will stop now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:20 am
I've heard a lot of bad and good stuff about this series, I wanna see it myself!  

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 pm
A bit too bloody for me. . .you all enjoy though. . .  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:04 pm
This is one of the most popular threads so far it seems...
I lied.
Netflix might have this? I'll go look.
~*DM*~

uchiha fxcks

Indulgent Goat

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm
Great series, was the series that launched me back into anime fandom.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 am
Gaah, still gotta see the ending (x___X) I'm waiting either for myself or my friend to make the first move and buy the final volume XD  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Rio diGennaio

Greedy Raider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 am
I have seen what lurks beyond the door of death...

Watched it to the end, currently reading the manga. What I love is anime portraying the true acts of life. Elfen Lied is what really got my attention (I had to hide it from my mom so she doesn't burn it like she did my Ninja Scroll. crying ) what with all the cruelty and the greediness to it. That and the fact Lucy went apeshit, which made me laugh all the time. YES I AM NOT ASHAMED! '^'

...but I have not seen what lurks beyond the door of life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:28 pm
It surprises people, but I loved Elfen Lied. It's no masterpiece, by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I love it to pieces. It's been about two years since I've seen it; I plan on buying it soon. =3 Could someone please tell me the little brunette's name? sweatdrop  

Degrees of Kitten

MidBossVyers

Hallowed Sex Symbol

12,400 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm
Sir Meggie
It surprises people, but I loved Elfen Lied. It's no masterpiece, by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I love it to pieces. It's been about two years since I've seen it; I plan on buying it soon. =3 Could someone please tell me the little brunette's name? sweatdrop
Mayu. Also, has anyone noticed that they never give full names? For young characters, they only give first names, like Kouta, Mayu, Mariko, etc. For old characters, they only give last names, like Kakuzawa and Kurama. For other characters, their names are derived from a codename, nickname, or serial number, like Lucy, Nyu, and Nana, respectively. Although you can figure out that Mariko's full name is Mariko Kurama, the rest of the characters you only know one name.  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff