Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 am
Isaiah
Chapter 27
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sworde shall punish Leuiathan the piercing serpent, euen Leuiathan that crooked serpent, and hee shall slay the dragon that is in the Sea.

2 In that day, sing yee vnto her; A vineyard of red wine.

3 I the Lord doe keepe it; I will water it euery moment: lest any hurt it, I will keepe it night and day.

4 Furie is not in mee: who would set the briars and thornes against me in battell? I would goe through them, I would burne them together.

5 Or let him take holde of my strength, that he may make peace with me, and he shall make peace with me.

6 Hee shall cause them that come of Iacob to take roote: Israel shall blossome and budde, and fill the face of the world with fruite.

7 ¶ Hath hee smitten him, as hee smote those that smote him? or is hee slaine according to the slaughter of them that are slaine by him?

8 In measure when it shooteth foorth, thou wilt debate with it: hee stayeth his rough winde in the day of the East winde.

9 By this therefore shall the iniquitie of Iacob be purged, and this is all the fruit, to take away his sinne: when he maketh all the stones of the Altar as chalke stones, that are beaten in sunder, the groues and images shall not stand vp.

10 Yet the defenced citie shall be desolate, and the habitation forsaken, and left like a wildernesse: there shall the calfe feede, and there shall he lie downe, and consume the branches thereof.

11 When the boughes thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come and set them on fire: for it is a people of no vnderstanding: therefore hee that made them will not haue mercie on them, and hee that formed them, will shewe them no fauour.

12 ¶ And it shall come to passe in that day, that the Lord shall beate off from the chanell of the riuer vnto the streame of Egypt, and ye shall bee gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.

13 And it shall come to passe in that day, that the great trumpet shall bee blowen, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the Lord in the holy mount at Ierusalem.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:47 am
Isaiah
Chapter 28

1 Woe to the crowne of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flowre, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are ouercome with wine.

2 Behold, the Lord hath a mightie and strong one, which as a tempest of haile and a destroying storme, as a flood of mightie waters ouerflowing, shall cast downe to the earth with the hand.

3 The crowne of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim shall be troden vnder feete.

4 And the glorious beautie which is on the head of the fat valley, shall bee a fading flowre, and as the hastie fruite before the summer: which when he that looketh vpon it, seeth it, while it is yet in his hand, he eateth it vp.

5 ¶ In that day shall the Lord of hosts be for a crowne of glory, and for a diademe of beautie vnto the residue of his people:

6 And for a spirit of iudgement to him that sitteth in iudgement, and for strength to them that turne the battell to the gate.

7 ¶ But they also haue erred through wine, and through strong drinke are out of the way: the priest and the prophet haue erred through strong drinke, they are swallowed vp of wine: they are out of the way through strong drinke, they erre in vision, they stumble in iudgement.

8 For all tables are full of vomite and filthinesse, so that there is no place cleane.

9 ¶ Whome shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to vnderstand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milke, and drawen from the breasts.

10 For precept must be vpon precept, precept vpon precept, line vpon line, line vpon line, here a litle, and there a litle.

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speake to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherwith ye may cause the weary to rest, and this is the refreshing, yet they would not heare.

13 But the word of the Lord was vnto them, precept vpon precept, precept vpon precept, line vpon line, line vpon line, here a litle and there a litle: that they might goe and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

14 ¶ Wherefore heare the worde of the Lord, yee scornefull men, that rule this people which is in Ierusalem.

15 Because ye haue said, Wee haue made a couenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement, when the ouerflowing scourge shall passe thorow, it shall not come vnto vs: for wee haue made lies our refuge, and vnder falsehood haue we hid our selues:

16 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Beholde, I lay in Zion for a foundation, a stone, a tryed stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: hee that beleeueth, shall not make haste.

17 Iudgement also will I lay to the line, and righteousnesse to the plummet: and the haile shall sweepe away the refuge of lyes, and the waters shall ouerflow the hiding place.

18 ¶ And your couenant with death shalbe disanulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the ouerflowing scourge shall passe thorough, then yee shalbe troden downe by it.

19 From the time that it goeth forth, it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it passe ouer, by day and by night, and it shalbe a vexation, onely to vnderstand the report.

20 For the bed is shorter, then that a man can stretch himselfe on it: and the couering narrower, then that he can wrap himselfe in it.

21 For the Lord shall rise vp as in mount Perazim, he shalbe wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may doe his worke, his strange worke; and bring to passe his act, his strange act.

22 Now therefore be yee not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I haue heard from the Lord God of hostes a consumption euen determined vpon the whole earth.

23 ¶ Giue yee eare, and heare my voyce, hearken and heare my speach.

24 Doth the plowman plow all day to sow? doth he open and breake the clods of his ground?

25 When hee hath made plaine the face thereof, doth he not cast abroad the fitches, and scatter the cummin, and cast in the principall wheate, and the appointed barly and the rye in their place?

26 For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him.

27 For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheele turned about vpon the cummin: but the fitches are beaten out with a staffe, and the cummin with a rodde.

28 Bread corne is bruised; because he will not euer be threshing it, nor breake it with the wheele of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen.

29 This also commeth forth from the Lord of hostes, which is wonderfull in counsell, and excellent in working.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:14 am
Isaiah
Chapter 29

1 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel the citie where Dauid dwelt: adde yee yeere to yeere; let them kill sacrifices.

2 Yet I will distresse Ariel, and there shalbe heauinesse and sorrow; and it shall be vnto mee as Ariel.

3 And I will campe against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.

4 And thou shalt bee brought downe, and shalt speake out of the ground, and thy speach shall be low out of the dust, and thy voyce shalbe as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speach shall whisper out of the dust.

5 Moreouer the multitude of thy strangers shalbe like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shalbe as chaffe, that passeth away; yea it shalbe at an instant suddenly.

6 Thou shalt bee visited of the Lord of hostes with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storme and tempest, and the flame of deuouring fire.

7 ¶ And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, euen all that fight against her and her munition, and that distresse her, shalbe as a dreame of a night vision.

8 It shall euen be as when a hungry man dreameth, and behold he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soule is emptie: or as when a thirstie man dreameth, and behold he drinketh; but hee awaketh, and behold he is faint, and his soule hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations bee, that fight against mount Zion.

9 ¶ Stay your selues and wonder, cry yee out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine, they stagger, but not with strong drinke.

10 For the Lord hath powred out vpon you the spirit of deepe sleepe, and hath closed your eyes: the Prophets and your rulers, the Seers hath hee couered.

11 And the vsion of all is become vnto you, as the wordes of a booke that is sealed, which men deliuer to one that is learned, saying, Reade this, I pray thee: and hee saith, I cannot, for it is sealed.

12 And the booke is deliuered to him that is not learned, saying, Reade this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw neere mee with their mouth, and with their lips doe honour me, but haue remoued their heart farre from me, and their feare towards mee is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore behold, I will proceed to do a marueilous worke amongst this people, euen a marueilous worke and a wonder: for the wisedome of their wise men shall perish, and the vnderstanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

15 Woe vnto them that seeke deepe to hide their counsell from the Lord, and their workes are in the darke, and they say, Who seeth vs? and who knoweth vs?

16 Surely your turning of things vpside downe shall be esteemed as the potters clay: for shall the worke say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed, say of him that framed it, He had no vnderstanding?

17 Is it not yet a very litle while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitfull field shall be esteemed as a forrest?

18 ¶ And in that day shall the deafe heare the words of the booke, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscuritie, and out of darkenesse.

19 The meeke also shall increase their ioy in the Lord, and the poore among men shall reioice in the holy One of Israel.

20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquitie are cut off:

21 That make a man an offendour for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproueth in the gate, and turne aside the iust for a thing of nought.

22 Therefore thus saith the Lord who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Iacob: Iacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now waxe pale.

23 But when hee seeth his children the worke of mine hands in the midst of him, they shall sanctifie my Name, and sanctifie the Holy One of Iacob, and shall feare the God of Israel.

24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to vnderstanding, and they that murmured, shall learne doctrine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:50 am
Isaiah
Chapter 30

1 Woe to the rebellious children, sayth the Lord, that take counsell, but not of mee; and that couer with a couering, but not of my Spirit, that they may adde sinne to sinne:

2 That walke to goe downe into Egypt, (and haue not asked at my mouth) to strengthen themselues in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt.

3 Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt, your confusion.

4 For his princes were at Zoan, and his ambassadors came to Hanes.

5 They were all ashamed of a people that could not profit them, nor be an helpe nor profite, but a shame and also a reproch.

6 The burden of the beastes of the South: into the lande of trouble and anguish, from whence come the yong and old lyon, the viper, and fierie flying serpent, they will carie their riches vpon the shoulders of yong asses, and their treasures vpon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profite them.

7 For the Egyptians shall helpe in vaine, and to no purpose: Therefore haue I cried concerning this: Their strength is to sit still.

8 ¶ Now goe, write it before them in a table, and note it in a booke, that it may bee for the time to come for euer and euer:

9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not heare the Law of the Lord:

10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophecie not vnto vs right things: speake vnto vs smooth things, prophecie deceits.

11 Get ye out of the way: turne aside out of the path: cause the Holy one of Israel to cease from before vs.

12 Wherefore, thus saith the Holy one of Israel: Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and peruersnesse, and stay thereon:

13 Therefore this iniquitie shalbe to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking commeth suddenly at an instant.

14 And he shall breake it as the breaking of the potters vessell, that is broken in pieces, he shall not spare; so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it, a sheard to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withall out of the pit.

15 For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy one of Israel, In returning and rest shall ye be saued, in quietnesse and in confidence shalbe your strength, and ye would not:

16 But ye said; No, for we will flee vpon horses; therefore shall ye flee. And we will ride vpon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you, be swift.

17 One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one: at the rebuke of fiue, shall ye flee, till ye be left as a beacon vpon the top of a mountaine, and as an ensigne on a hill.

18 ¶ And therefore wil the Lord wait that he may be gracious vnto you, and therefore wil he be exalted that he may haue mercy vpon you: for the Lord is a God of Iudgment. Blessed are all they that wait for him.

19 For the people shall dwel in Zion at Ierusalem: thou shalt weepe no more: hee will be very gracious vnto thee, at the voice of thy cry; when he shall heare it, he will answere thee.

20 And though the Lord giue you the bread of aduersitie, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be remooued into a corner any more: but thine eyes shall see thy teachers.

21 And thine eares shall heare a word behinde thee, saying; This is the way, walke ye in it, when ye turne to the right hand, and when ye turne to the left.

22 Ye shall defile also the couering of thy grauen images of siluer, and the ornament of thy moulten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth, thou shalt say vnto it; Get thee hence.

23 Then shall he giue the raine of thy seed that thou shalt sow the ground withall; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shalbe fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattell feed in large pastures.

24 The oxen likewise and the yong asses that eare the ground, shall eate cleane prouender which hath bene winnowed with the shouell and with the fanne.

25 And there shall be vpon euery high mountaine, and vpon euery high hill, riuers and streames of waters, in the day of the great slaughter when the towers fall.

26 Moreouer the light of the Moone shalbe as the light of the Sunne, and the light of the Sunne shall be seuenfold, as the light of seuen dayes, in the day that the Lord bindeth vp the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

27 ¶ Beholde, the Name of the Lord commeth from farre, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heauy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a deuouring fire.

28 And his breath as an ouerflowing streame, shall reach to the midst of the necke, to sift the nations with the sieue of vanitie: and there shalbe a bridle in the iawes of the people causing them to erre.

29 Yee shall haue a song as in the night, when a holy solemnitie is kept, and gladnesse of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountaine of the Lord, to the mighty one of Israel.

30 And the Lord shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting downe of his arme, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a deuouring fire, with scattering and tempest and hailestones.

31 For through the voyce of the Lord shall the Assyrian be beaten downe, which smote with a rod.

32 And in euery place where the grounded staffe shall passe, which the Lord shall lay vpon him, it shall be with tabrets and harpes: and in battels of shaking will he fight with it.

33 For Tophet is ordained of olde; yea, for the king it is prepared, he hath made it deepe and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood, the breath of the Lord, like a streame of brimstone, doeth kindle it.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 31

1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for helpe, and stay on horses, and trust in charets, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong: but they looke not vnto the Holy one of Israel, neither seeke the Lord.

2 Yet he also is wise, and will bring euill, and wil not call backe his words: but will arise against the house of the euill doers, and against the helpe of them that worke iniquitie.

3 Now the Egyptians are men and not God, and their horses flesh and not spirit: when the Lord shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and hee that is holpen shall fall downe, and they all shall faile together.

4 For thus hath the Lord spoken vnto me; Like as the lyon and the yong lyon roaring on his pray, when a multitude of shepheards is called foorth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himselfe for the noyse of them: so shall the Lord of hostes come downe to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.

5 As birds flying, so wil the Lord of hostes defend Ierusalem, defending also hee will deliuer it, and passing ouer, he will preserue it.

6 ¶ Turne yee vnto him from whom the children of Israel haue deeply reuolted.

7 For in that day euery man shall cast away his idoles of siluer, and his idoles of gold, which your owne hands haue made vnto you for a sinne.

8 ¶ Then shall the Assyrian fall with the sword, not of a mightie man; and the sword, not of a meane man, shal deuoure him: but hee shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be discomfited.

9 And hee shall passe ouer to his strong holde for feare, and his princes shall be afraid of the ensigne, sayth the Lord, whose fire is in Zion, and his fornace in Ierusalem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 am
Isaiah
Chapter 32

1 Behold, a King shal reigne in righteousnes, and princes shal rule in iudgement.

2 And a man shall be as an hiding place from the winde, and a couert from the tempest: as riuers of water in a drie place, as the shadow of a great rocke in a wearie land.

3 And the eyes of them that see, shall not be dimme; and the eares of them that heare, shall hearken.

4 The heart also of the rash shall vnderstand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall bee readie to speake plainely.

5 The vile person shall be no more called liberall, nor the churle sayd to be bountifull.

6 For the vile person wil speake villenie, and his heart will worke iniquitie, to practise hypocrisie, and to vtter errour against the Lord, to make emptie the soule of the hungry, and hee will cause the drinke of the thirstie to faile.

7 The instruments also of the churle are euill: he deuiseth wicked deuices, to destroy the poore with lying wordes, euen when the needie speaketh right.

8 But the liberall deuiseth liberall things, and by liberall things shall hee stand.

9 ¶ Rise vp ye women that are at ease: heare my voice, ye carelesse daughters, giue eare vnto my speech.

10 Many dayes and yeeres shall ye be troubled, yee carelesse women: for the vintage shall faile, the gathering shall not come.

11 Tremble yee women that are at ease: be troubled, ye carelesse ones, strip ye and make ye bare, and gird sackecloth vpon your loynes.

12 They shall lament for the teats, for the pleasant fieldes, for the fruitfull vine.

13 Upon the land of my people shall come vp thornes, and briars, yea vpon all the houses of ioy in the ioyous citie.

14 Because the palaces shall be forsaken, the multitude of the citie shall be left, the forts and towres shall be for dennes for euer, a ioy of wild asses, a pasture of flockes;

15 Untill the spirit be powred vpon vs from on high, and the wildernesse be a fruitfull field, and the fruitfull field be counted for a forrest.

16 Then iudgement shall dwell in the wildernesse, and righteousnesse remaine in the fruitfull field.

17 And the worke of righteousnesse shalbe peace, and the effect of righteousnesse, quietnesse and assurance for euer.

18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places:

19 When it shall haile, comming downe on the forrest; and the citie shall be low in a low place.

20 Blessed are yee that sow beside all waters, that send forth thither the feete of the oxe and the asse.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:34 am
Isaiah
Chapter 33

1 Woe to thee that spoilest, and thou wast not spoiled; and dealest treacherously, and they dealt not treacherously with thee: when thou shalt cease to spoile, thou shalt bee spoiled; and when thou shalt make an end to deale treacherously, they shall deale treacherously with thee.

2 O Lord, be gratious vnto vs, we haue waited for thee: be thou their arme euery morning, our saluation also in the time of trouble.

3 At the noise of the tumult the people fled: at the lifting vp of thy selfe the nations were scattered.

4 And your spoile shall be gathered like the gathering of the caterpiller: as the running to and fro of Locusts shall he runne vpon them.

5 The Lord is exalted: for hee dwelleth on high, he hath filled Zion with iudgement and righteousnesse.

6 And wisedome and knowledge shall be the stabilitie of thy times, and strength of saluation: the feare of the Lord is his treasure.

7 Behold, their valiant ones shall cry without: the ambassadours of peace shall weepe bitterly.

8 The high wayes lye waste; the way faring man ceaseth: he hath broken the couenant, he hath despised the cities, he regardeth no man.

9 The earth mourneth and languisheth: Lebanon is ashamed and hewen downe: Sharon is like a wildernes, and Bashan and Carmel shake off their fruits.

10 Now will I rise, saith the Lord: now will I be exalted, now will I lift vp my selfe.

11 Yee shall conceiue chaffe, yee shall bring forth stubble: your breath as fire shall deuoure you.

12 And the people shalbe as the burnings of lyme: as thornes cut vp shall they be burnt in the fire.

13 ¶ Heare yee that are farre off, what I haue done; and yee that are neere, acknowledge my might.

14 The sinners in Zion are afraid, fearefulnesse hath surprised the hypocrites: who among vs shall dwell with the deuouring fire? who amongst vs shall dwell with euerlasting burnings?

15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh vprightly, hee that despiseth the gaine of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his eares from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing euill:

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shalbe the munitions of rocks, bread shalbe giuen him, his waters shall be sure.

17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very farre off.

18 Thine heart shall meditate terrour; Where is the scribe? where is the receiuer? where is he that counted the towres?

19 Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech then thou canst perceiue; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not vnderstand.

20 Looke vpon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Ierusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken downe, not one of the stakes thereof shall euer be remoued, neither shall any of the coardes thereof be broken.

21 But there the glorious Lord will be vnto vs a place of broad riuers and streames; wherein shall goe no galley with oares, neither shall gallant ship passe thereby.

22 For the Lord is our Iudge, the Lord is our Lawgiuer, the Lord is our King, he wil saue vs.

23 Thy tacklings are loosed: they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the saile: then is the praye of a great spoile diuided, the lame take the praye.

24 And the inhabitant shall not say; I am sicke: the people that dwel therein shalbe forgiuen their iniquitie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am
Isaiah
Chapter 34

1 Come neere ye nations to heare, and hearken ye people: let the earth heare, and all that is therein, the world, and all things that come forth of it.

2 For the indignation of the Lord is vpon all nations, and his furie vpon all their armies: hee hath vtterly destroyed them, he hath deliuered them to the slaughter.

3 Their slaine also shalbe cast out, and their stinke shall come vp out of their carkeises, and the mountaines shalbe melted with their blood.

4 And all the hoste of heauen shalbe dissolued, and the heauens shalbe rouled together as a scrole: and all their hoste shall fall downe as the leafe falleth off from the Uine, and as a falling figge from the figge tree.

5 For my sword shall bee bathed in heauen: beholde, it shall come downe vpon Idumea, and vpon the people of my curse to iudgement.

6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatnesse, and with the blood of lambes and goates, with the fat of the kidneys of rammes: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

7 And the Unicornes shall come downe with them, and the bullockes with the bulles, and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatnesse.

8 For it is the day of the Lords vengeance, and the yeere of recompences for the controuersie of Zion.

9 And the streames thereof shalbe turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.

10 It shal not be quenched night nor day, the smoke thereof shall goe vp for euer: from generation to generation it shall lye waste, none shal passe through it for euer and euer.

11 ¶ The cormorant and the bitterne shall possesse it, the owle also and the rauen shall dwell in it, and he shall stretch out vpon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptinesse.

12 They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdome, but none shall bee there, and all her Princes shall bee nothing.

13 And thornes shall come vp in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shalbe an habitation of dragons, and a court for owles.

14 The wilde beasts of the desert shall also meete with the wilde beasts of the Iland and the satyre shall cry to his felow, the shrichowle also shall rest there, & finde for her selfe a place of rest.

15 There shall the great owle make her nest, and lay and hatch, and gather vnder her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, euery one with her mate.

16 ¶ Seeke ye out of the booke of the Lord, and reade: no one of these shall faile, none shall want her mate: for my mouth, it hath commaunded, and his spirit, it hath gathered them.

17 And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath diuided it vnto them by line: they shall possesse it for euer, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:08 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 35

1 The wildernesse and the solitarie place shall be glad for them: and the desert shall reioyce and blossome as the rose.

2 It shall blossome abundantly, and reioyce euen with ioy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shal be giuen vnto it, the excellencie of Carmel and Sharon: they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellencie of our God.

3 ¶ Strengthen yee the weake hands, and confirme the feeble knees.

4 Say to them that are of a fearefull heart; Be strong, feare not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, euen God with a recompence, he will come and saue you.

5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the eares of the deafe shalbe vnstopped.

6 Then shall the lame man leape as an Hart, and the tongue of the dumbe sing: for in the wildernesse shall waters breake out, and streames in the desert.

7 And the parched ground shall become a poole, and the thirstie land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shalbe grasse with reeds and rushes.

8 And an high way shalbe there, and away, and it shall be called the way of holinesse, the vncleane shall not passe ouer it, but it shall be for those: the wayfaringmen, though fooles, shall not erre therein.

9 No lyon shalbe there; nor any rauenous beast shall goe vp thereon, it shall not be found there: but the redeemed shall walke there.

10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall returne and come to Zion with songs, and euerlasting ioy vpon their heads: they shall obtaine ioy and gladnesse, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:08 am
Isaiah
Chapter 36

1 Nowe it came to passe in the fourteenth yeere of king Hezekiah, that Sennacherib king of Assyria came vp against all the defenced cities of Iudah, and tooke them.

2 And the king of Assyria sent Rabshakeh, from Lachish to Ierusalem, vnto king Hezekiah, with a great armie: and he stood by the conduit of the vpper poole in the high way of the fullers field.

3 Then came forth vnto him Eliakim Hilkiahs sonne, which was ouer the house, and Shebna the scribe, and Ioah Asaphs sonne the Recorder.

4 ¶ And Rabshakeh sayd vnto them; Say yee now to Hezekiah; Thus saith the great king, the king of Assyria; What confidence is this wherein thou trustest?

5 I say, (sayest thou) (but they are but vaine words) I haue counsell and strength for warre: Now on whom doest thou trust, that thou rebellest against me?

6 Loe, thou trustest in the staffe of this broken reede, on Egypt; whereon if a man leane, it will goe into his hand and pierce it: so is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all that trust in him.

7 But if thou say to me; We trust in the Lord our God: Is it not he, whose high places and whose altars Hezekiah hath taken away, and sayd to Iudah and to Ierusalem; Yee shall worship before this altar?

8 Now therefore giue pledges, I pray thee, to my master the king of Assyria, and I will giue thee two thousand horses, if thou be able on thy part to set riders vpon them.

9 How then wilt thou turne away the face of one captaine of the least of my masters seruants: and put thy trust on Egypt for charets and for horsemen?

10 And am I now come vp without the Lord against this land to destroy it? the Lord sayd vnto me; Goe vp against this land and destroy it.

11 ¶ Then sayd Eliakim and Shebna & Ioah vnto Rabshakeh; Speake, I pray thee, vnto thy seruants in the Syrian language; for we vnderstand it: and speake not to vs in the Iewes language, in the eares of the people that are on the wall.

12 ¶ But Rabshakeh sayd; Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee, to speake these words? Hath he not sent me to the men that sit vpon the wall, that they may eate their owne dongue, and drinke their owne pisse with you?

13 Then Rabshakeh stood, and cryed with a loud voice in the Iewes language, and sayd; Heare ye the words of the great king, the king of Assyria.

14 Thus saith the king; Let not Hezekiah deceiue you, for he shall not be able to deliuer you.

15 Neither let Hezekiah make you trust in the Lord, saying; The Lord will surely deliuer vs: this citie shall not be deliuered into the hand of the King of Assyria.

16 Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus sayth the King of Assyria, Make an agreement with mee by a present, and come out to mee: and eate yee euery one of his vine, and euery one of his figgetree, and drinke yee euery one the waters of his owne cisterne:

17 Until I come and take you away to a land like your owne land, a land of corne and wine, a land of bread and vineyards:

18 Beware lest Hezekiah perswade you, saying; The Lord will deliuer vs. Hath any of the gods of the nations deliuered his land out of the hand of the king of Assyria?

19 Where are the gods of Hamath, and Arphad? where are the gods of Sepharuaim? and haue they deliuered Samaria out of my hand?

20 Who are they amongst all the gods of these landes, that haue deliuered their land out of my hand, that the Lord should deliuer Ierusalem out of my hand?

21 But they held their peace, and answered him not a word: for the Kings commandement was, saying; Answere him not.

22 ¶ Then came Eliakim the sonne of Hilkiah, that was ouer the houshold, and Shebna the Scribe, and Ioah the sonne of Asaph the Recorder, to Hezekiah with their clothes rent, and tolde him the wordes of Rabshakeh.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:52 am
Isaiah
Chapter 37

1 And it came to passe when King Hezekiah heard it, that hee rent his clothes, and couered himselfe with sackecloth, and went into the house of the Lord.

2 And hee sent Eliakim, who was ouer the houshold, and Shebna the Scribe, and the Elders of the Priestes couered with sackecloth, vnto Isaiah the Prophet the sonne of Amoz.

3 And they sayd vnto him; Thus sayth Hezekiah, This day is a day of trouble, and of rebuke, and of blasphemie: for the children are come to the birth, and there is not strength to bring foorth.

4 It may be the Lord thy God will heare the words of Rabshakeh, whom the king of Assyria his master hath sent to reproch the liuing God, and will reprooue the words which the Lord thy God hath heard: wherefore lift vp thy prayer for the remnant that is left.

5 So the seruants of King Hezekiah came to Isaiah.

6 ¶ And Isaiah sayd vnto them; Thus shall yee say vnto your master, Thus sayth the Lord, Be not afraid of the wordes that thou hast heard, wherewith the seruants of the king of Assyria haue blasphemed me.

7 Behold, I will send a blast vpon him, and hee shall heare a rumour, and returne to his owne land, and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his owne land.

8 ¶ So Rabshakeh returned and found the king of Assyria warring against Libnah: for hee had heard that he was departed from Lachish.

9 And he heard say concerning Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Hee is come foorth to make warre with thee: and when he heard it, he sent messengers to Hezekiah, saying;

10 Thus shall ye speake to Hezekiah King of Iudah, saying, Let not thy God in whom thou trustest deceiue thee, saying, Ierusalem shall not bee giuen into the hand of the king of Assyria.

11 Behold, thou hast heard what the kings of Assyria haue done to all lands by destroying them vtterly, and shalt thou be deliuered?

12 Haue the gods of the nations deliuered them which my fathers haue destroyed, as Gozan, and Haran, and Rezeph, and the children of Eden which were in Telassar?

13 Where is the king of Hamath, and the king of Arphad, and the king of the citie of Sepharuaim, Hena and Iuah?

14 ¶ And Hezekiah receiued the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it, and Hezekiah went vp vnto the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord.

15 And Hezekiah prayed vnto the Lord, saying,

16 O Lord of hostes, God of Israel, that dwellest betweene the Cherubims, thou art the God, euen thou alone, of all the kingdomes of the earth, thou hast made heauen and earth.

17 Encline thine eare, O Lord, and heare, Open thine eyes, O Lord, and see, and heare all the wordes of Sennacherib, which hath sent to reproch the liuing God.

18 Of a trueth, Lord, the kings of Assyria haue laid waste all the nations and their countreys,

19 And haue cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of mens hands, wood and stone: therfore they haue destroyed them.

20 Now therefore, O Lord our God, saue vs from his hand, that all the kingdomes of the earth may knowe, that thou art the Lord, euen thou onely.

21 ¶ Then Isaiah the sonne of Amoz sent vnto Hezekiah, saying, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Wheras thou hast prayed to me against Sennacherib king of Assyria:

22 This is the worde which the Lord hath spoken concerning him: The virgin, the daughter of Zion hath despised thee, and laughed thee to scorne, the daughter of Ierusalem hath shaken her head at thee.

23 Whom hast thou reproched and blasphemed? and against whome hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted vp thine eyes on high? euen against the Holy One of Israel.

24 By thy seruants hast thou reproched the Lord, and hast said, By the multitude of my charets am I come vp to the height of the mountaines, to the sides of Lebanon, and I wil cut downe the tall cedars thereof, and the choise firre trees thereof: and I will enter into the height of his border, and the forrest of his Carmel.

25 I haue digged and drunke water, and with the sole of my feete haue I dried vp all the riuers of the besieged places.

26 Hast thou not heard long agoe, how I haue done it, and of ancient times, that I haue formed it? now haue I brought it to passe, that thou shouldest be to lay waste defenced cities into ruinous heapes.

27 Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded: they were as the grasse of the field, and as the greene herbe, as the grasse on the house tops, and as corne blasted before it be growen vp.

28 But I know thy abode, and thy going out, and thy comming in, and thy rage against me.

29 Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult is come vp into mine eares: therefore will I put my hooke in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turne thee backe by the way by which thou camest.

30 And this shall be a signe vnto thee, Ye shall eate this yeere such as groweth of it felfe: and the second yeere that which springeth of the same: and in the third yeere sow ye and reape, and plant vineyards, and eate the fruit thereof.

31 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Iudah, shal againe take roote downeward, and beare fruite vpward.

32 For out of Ierusalem shall goe forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeale of the Lord of hostes shall doe this.

33 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not come into this citie, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shields, nor cast a banke against it.

34 By the way that he came, by the same shall he returne, and shall not come into this citie, saith the Lord.

35 For I will defend this citie to saue it, for mine owne sake, and for my seruant Dauids sake.

36 Then the Angel of the Lord went forth, and smote in the campe of the Assyrians a hundred and fourescore and fiue thousand: and when they arose earely in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

37 ¶ So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed, and went, and returned, and dwelt at Nineueh.

38 And it came to passe as hee was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god, that Adramelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword, and they escaped into the land of Armenia: and Esarhaddon his sonne reigned in his stead.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:52 am
Isaiah
Chapter 38

1 In those daies was Hezekiah sicke vnto death: and Isaiah the Prophet the sonne of Amoz came vnto him, and said vnto him; Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not liue.

2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed vnto the Lord,

3 And said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I haue walked before thee in trueth, and with a perfect heart, and haue done that which is good in thy sight: and Hezekiah wept sore.

4 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying,

5 Goe and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of Dauid thy father; I haue heard thy prayer, I haue seene thy teares: behold, I will adde vnto thy dayes fifteene yeeres.

6 And I will deliuer thee and this citie, out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this citie.

7 And this shall be a signe vnto thee from the Lord, that the Lord will doe this thing that he hath spoken.

8 Behold, I will bring againe the shadow of the degrees which is gone downe in the Sunne-diall of Ahaz ten degrees backward: so the Sunne returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone downe.

9 ¶ The writing of Hezekiah king of Iudah, when he had bene sicke, and was recouered of his sicknesse:

10 I saide in the cutting off of my dayes; I shall goe to the gates of the graue: I am depriued of the residue of my yeeres.

11 I said, I shal not see the Lord, euen the Lord in the land of the liuing: I shal behold man no more with the inhabitants of the world.

12 Mine age is departed, and is remoued from me as a shepheards tent: I haue cut off like a weauer my life: he will cut mee off with pining sicknesse: from day euen to night wilt thou make an end of me.

13 I reckoned till morning, that as a Lyon so will hee breake all my bones: from day euen to night wilt thou make an end of me.

14 Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter; I did mourne as a doue: mine eyes faile with looking vpward: O Lord, I am oppressed, vndertake for me.

15 What shall I say? hee hath both spoken vnto mee, and himselfe hath done it: I shall goe softly, all my yeeres in the bitternesse of my soule.

16 O Lord, by these things men liue: and in all these things is the life of my spirit, so wilt thou recouer me, and make me to liue.

17 Behold, for peace I had great bitternesse, but thou hast in loue to my soule deliuered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sinnes behinde thy backe.

18 For the graue cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that goe downe into the pit cannot hope for thy trueth.

19 The liuing, the liuing, hee shall praise thee, as I doe this day: the father to the children shall make knowen thy trueth.

20 The Lord was ready to saue me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments, all the dayes of our life, in the house of the Lord.

21 For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lumpe of figges, and lay it for a plaister vpon the boile, and he shall recouer.

22 Hezekiah also had said, what is the signe, that I shall goe vp to the house of the Lord ?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 am
Isaiah
Chapter 39

1 At that time Merodach Baladan the sonne of Baladan king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah: for hee had heard that he had bene sicke, and was recouered.

2 And Hezekiah was glad of them, and shewed them the house of his precious things, the siluer, and the golde, and the spices, and the precious oyntment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not.

3 ¶ Then came Isaiah the Prophet vnto King Hezekiah, and sayde vnto him, What sayd these men? and from whence came they vnto thee? And Hezekiah said, They are come from a farre countrey vnto me, euen from Babylon.

4 Then said hee, What haue they seene in thine house? And Hezekiah answered, All that is in mine house haue they seene: there is nothing among my treasures, that I haue not shewed them.

5 Then sayde Isaiah to Hezekiah, Heare the word of the Lord of hostes.

6 Behold, the dayes come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers haue laide vp in store, vntill this day, shalbe caried to Babylon: nothing shalbe left, saith the Lord.

7 And of thy sonnes that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall bee Eunuches in the palace of the king of Babylon.

8 Then sayde Hezekiah to Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken: hee sayd moreouer, For there shalbe peace and trueth in my dayes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 am
Isaiah
Chapter 40

1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, sayth your God.

2 Speake ye comfortably to Ierusalem, and cry vnto her, that her warrefare is accomplished, that her iniquitie is pardoned: for shee hath receiued of the Lords hand double for all her sinnes.

3 ¶ The voyce of him that cryeth in the wildernesse, Prepare yee the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a high way for our God.

4 Euery valley shalbe exalted, and euery mountaine and hill shalbe made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plaine.

5 And the glory of the Lord shall be reuealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

6 The voyce sayd; Cry. And hee sayd; What shall I cry? All flesh is grasse, and all the goodlinesse thereof is as the flowre of the field.

7 The grasse withereth, the flowre fadeth; because the spirit of the Lord bloweth vpon it: surely the people is grasse.

8 The grasse withereth, the flowre fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for euer.

9 ¶ O Zion, that bringest good tydings, get thee vp into the high mountaine: O Ierusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift vp thy voyce with strength, lift it vp, be not afraid: say vnto the cities of Iudah; Behold your God.

10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arme shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his worke before him.

11 He shall feede his flocke like a shepheard: he shall gather the lambes with his arme; and carie them in his bosome, and shall gently lead those that are with yoong.

12 ¶ Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand? and meted out heauen with the spanne, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountaines in scales, and the hilles in a balance?

13 Who hath directed the spirit of the Lord, or, being his counseller, hath taught him?

14 With whom tooke he counsell, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of iudgement? and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of vnderstanding?

15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, hee taketh vp the yles as a very litle thing.

16 And Lebanon is not sufficient to burne, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt offring.

17 All nations before him are as nothing, and they are counted to him lesse then nothing, and vanitie.

18 ¶ To whom then will ye liken God? or what likenesse will ye compare vnto him?

19 The workeman melteth a grauen image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it ouer with golde, and casteth siluer chaines.

20 He that is so impouerished that he hath no oblation, chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh vnto him a cunning workeman, to prepare a grauen image that shall not be mooued.

21 Haue yee not knowen? haue yee not heard? hath it not beene tolde you from the beginning? haue yee not vnderstood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth vpon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grashoppers; that stretcheth out the heauens as a curtaine, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwel in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; hee maketh the Iudges of the earth as vanitie.

24 Yea they shal not be planted, yea they shall not be sowen, yea their stocke shall not take roote in the earth: and he shall also blow vpon them, & they shall wither, and the whirlewinde shall take them away as stubble.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shal I be equall, saith the Holy One?

26 Lift vp your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names, by the greatnesse of his might, for that hee is strong in power, not one faileth.

27 Why sayest thou, O Iacob, and speakest O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my iudgement is passed ouer from my God?

28 ¶ Hast thou not knowen? hast thou not heard, that the euerlasting God, the Lord, the Creatour of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is wearie? there is no searching of his vnderstanding.

29 He giueth power to the faint, and to them that haue no might, he increaseth strength.

30 Euen the youths shall faint, and be weary, and the yong men shall vtterly fall.

31 But they that waite vpon the Lord, shall renew their strength: they shall mount vp with wings as Eagles, they shal runne and not be weary, and they shall walke, and not faint.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 41

1 Keepe silence before me, O ylands, and let the people renew their strength: let them come neere, then let them speake: let vs come neere together to iudgement.

2 Who raised vp the righteous man from the East, called him to his foote, gaue the nations before him, and made him rule ouer kings? Hee gaue them as the dust to his sword, and as driuen stuble to his bow.

3 He pursued them, and passed safely; euen by the way, that hee had not gone with his feete.

4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord the first, and with the last, I am he.

5 The yles saw it and feared, the ends of the earth were afraid, drew neere, and came.

6 They helped euery one his neighbour, and euery one sayd to his brother, Be of good courage.

7 So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anuill, saying; It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nayles that it should not be moued.

8 But thou Israel, art my seruant, Iacob whom I haue chosen, the seede of Abraham my friend.

9 Thou whom I haue taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chiefe men thereof, and sayd vnto thee; Thou art my seruant, I haue chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

10 ¶ Feare thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismaied, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee, yea I will helpe thee, yea I will vphold thee with the right hand of my righteousnesse.

11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee, shalbe ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing, and they that striue with thee, shall perish.

12 Thou shalt seeke them, and shalt not find them, euen them that contended with thee: they that warre against thee shalbe as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying vnto thee, Feare not, I will helpe thee.

14 Feare not, thou worme Iacob, and ye men of Israel: I will helpe thee, saith the Lord, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

15 Behold, I will make thee a new sharpe threshing instrument hauing teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountaines, and beate them small, and shalt make the hilles as chaffe.

16 Thou shalt fanne them, and the winde shall carie them away, and the whirlewinde shall scatter them: and thou shalt reioyce in the Lord, and shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.

17 When the poore and needie seeke water and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will heare them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

18 I will open riuers in hie places, and fountaines in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wildernesse a poole of water, and the dry land springs of water.

19 I will plant in the wildernes the Cedar, the Shittah tree, and the Myrtle, and the Oyle tree: I will set in the desert the Firre tree, and the Pine and the Boxe tree together:

20 That they may see, and knowe, and consider, and vnderstand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.

21 Produce your cause, saith the Lord, bring foorth your strong reasons, saith the King of Iacob.

22 Let them bring them foorth, and shew vs what shall happen: let them shew the former things what they bee, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them, or declare vs things for to come.

23 Shewe the things that are to come hereafter, that wee may knowe that ye are gods: yea doe good or doe euill, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together.

24 Behold, ye are of nothing, and your worke of nought: an abomination is he that chooseth you.

25 I haue raised vp one from the North, and he shall come: from the rising of the Sunne shall he call vpon my name, and he shall come vpon princes as vpon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.

26 Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and before time, that we may say, He is righteous? yea there is none that sheweth, yea there is none that declareth, yea there is none that heareth your words.

27 The first shall say to Zion, Behold, behold them, and I will giue to Ierusalem one that bringeth good tidings.

28 For I behelde, and there was no man, euen amongst them, and there was no counseller, that when I asked of them, could answere a word.

29 Behold, they are all vanitie, their works are nothing: their moulten images are winde and confusion.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games