Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
Grocery Store Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luxuriously

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:16 pm
User Image
User Image
                                                ✂✂✂

The most craziest event observe in the comforts of his humble abode in regards to the blood curdling appearances of those dark beast and the sudden disappearance of a few was the ending of a storm. The orange globe made itself apparent as soon as the fluffy clouds evaporated in thin air. The way how the light breeze kissed his peach skin and the sound of how the blue birds chirped a peaceful melody was nothing but evidence that proved that today was a new day and nothing else. These scars served as reminders of the past and so please behold a moment of silence. Everyday problems are solved and new ones arises. A never ending cycle of small victories that are used to build a foundation. Ronin recalled Nico referring such day to be a cursed one to be born on, but the man shook the thought away knowing it was simply a coincidence. The young man has plans for the upcoming future ahead. Bet even his girl will be surprise till the day comes. Although life have those ups and downs, the cool thing about it was that it was mysterious and unknown itself. He knew Nico loved surprises.

The young man exited his parked white Tesla as he made his way to the store. His steps were slow and at ease, making sure he was taking this moment as how it was. He grabbed a handheld basket right by the entrance before heading to the produce isle. Ronin examined the variety of colorful fruits like a child amazed by the colors of a rainbow. There was a pineapple, lychee, dragonfruit, grapes, but wait... There was one peculiar one that grabbed his attention. He held up a mere kiwi for a better look as it then gave him flashes of his beautiful girl waiting at home. She was fuzzy on the outside, but she was all juicy once you slice it in half. It was funny to notice the correlation between the two. Ronin added a box of kiwis, a couple apples, and two pounds of grape into his basket. Speaking about apples though, a wise man once said that eating an apple a day kept the dentist away, but was that really true? With a scratch of his chin, Ronin took it in as a grain of salt.

Moving on forward, Ronin found himself in the snacks area as he began scanning the for gourmet pita crackers to complement the salami he bought the other day. He stood there for a good minute analyzing the differences between this brand and the other one while going over the nutrient content on the back of the box. A girl somewhere about his age appeared standing beside the young man. The female looked at him with intent before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear with a look of uncertainty. Ronin slightly tilted his head, a lopsided smile being placed upon his features., "Is there a problem? " The tone came out soft and light, his emerald green eyes focused onto her fidgeting fingers gripped on her hips. "Do you know anything about Gallo's Salami? Tastewise?" It's an innocent question indeed, but it was within Ronin's expertise when it came to salami and cheese platter. Ronin dipped his hands back into his pockets and shrugged, "It's alright. Too basic for me though. However...." He paused his answer as he grabbed Busseto Italian Dry Salami from the fridge, "This gotta be my fav. I find this to be more savory, but its a bit pricey if you don't mind, ya know what I'm sayin." The lady grabbed the good for a better look, her lips puckered up in the process, "You seem to know your stuff, heh. You like wine, huh?" She leaned in forward, golden brown eyes looking straight into his orbs without hesitation. His full lips curled up into a smile upon hearing the woman's praise, "I know a thing or two. Wine is just a hobby of mine, ya feel? Well, I gotta be somewhere. Have a good one missy." The man left it at that and dipped the scenario, waving her concern off with a piece sign to continue on his day. Of course he played it cool with a counterfeit smile.

Okay, the fruits was there, crackers in stock, and lastly the cheese was sitting in his basket. Ronin double check his list before he strolled over to the self-check out. Once it was his turn to check out, Ronin pulled out his Iphone as he then texted his woman the details: "Just bought the stuff. I'm on the way to pick you guys up. 10 minutes tops. I see you soon, babe. Look good for me, yeah."

After paying with his credit card, Ronin placed all the items into his recycled bag as he then exited the building heading towards his car. The picnic day is gonna be super duper fun, sheesh!

[EXIT]

"Whatever splits it up so there's more for them and there's less for me. They don't know they gotta be faster than me to get to me, no one's done it successfully." User Image
                        ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                        ❀► [with : Himself ]❀► [where : Grocery store ] ❀► [mood : Mellow ] ❀►Chilly Fitted ❀► [OOC :Still pretty rusty ;c ]

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:25 pm
x
x
x
x
{ ② ωєєк тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, иσvємвєя ⑲тн

םαч ① σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④0⑦
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑪ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:56 pm
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: xoxo
            tab tab outfit: clicks! - not linked, but a hoodie that's baggy on him, left sleeve is tugged into to avoid it flapping around in the wind. Jeans, your average tennis shoes, eyepatch, t-shirt underneath the hoodie.
            tab tab posting colour: #D19FE8

Days went by like no tomorrow… or no yesterday? Perhaps yesterday is tomorrow and tomorrow is in the past? Za’saad pondered every step he took as he slithered from home to work and home again, continuing the endless drawls of normal life, wondering if this was really okay for him? Heart and mind so easily torn. His eye flickered along the row of meats at the mart, overwhelmed yet eased by the platoon of choices. Perhaps the premium meat today--- or should he be a good boy and save up his money? But save up for what, though? A journey? A destination? There was something tantalizing about being able to choose a delicacy and luxury at a whim, yet why expend yourself so much. By the time his mind wandered off to a new question and thought, he was elsewhere, looking for his favourite ingredient: rolled oats. A couple of bags of this and he should be set for days - but he doubted the limited amount of friendships he had acquired would be... happy with this settlement.

As he looked from brand to brand, scanning the colours and images, sunshines and ladybugs, a hand came into view. It reached so high he could practically see every joint disconnect in an attempt to grab a certain item, the shiver of exertion running down the arm of a woman, and he gratefully let his gaze slide down her frame to see her wobbling on her toes for extra height. Amusing sight, all in all.

Did the egg or the chicken come first? He asked, sternly but with a crooked smile on his lips, letting go of the wheeled basket in his possession to reach for the item she so dearly wanted. I’ve been asked this question before, but I never quite understood it. He continued, pointing at an item and waiting for confirmation before picking it off the shelf, examining it, and then handing it over. Is it one or the other, neither nor, or maybe even both? Since your shopping seems to include at least one of them--- he nodded towards her already gathered items and smiled kindly. --- Perhaps you’re more enlightened than me on the matter, Mydame.

KawaiiYukiHime
            Amaryllis Fey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:31 pm
User Image

User Image

1206 Pasadena District

❀ ❥ ✪ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄ ❤ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄ ✪ ❥ ❀

Amaryllis hummed as she pushed her shopping cart down the aisles, checking her list every so often to make sure she got everything she needed. She gently tossed a pack of medicine in as she had recently dealt with one of her typical seasonal colds and had polished off the last of medicine she already had. As much as the bubbly woman adored when the seasons changed she hated the fact that she without fail managed to fall sick during the autumn. Coming down the next aisle her eyes scanned the shelves till they landed on just the item she was seeking. The only problem? It was on a higher shelf cause the short elemental to let out a groan. "So we meet again my eternal nemesis." She grumbled as a frown tugged at her lips before trying in vain to reach her prize, getting onto her tip toes and even hopping up and down a few times as if that'd give her the extra inches to reach the darn thing. It wasn't often that Amaryllis cursed her short stature but this was definitely one of the exceptions.

She was drawn from her futile efforts by a man, or to be more precise, the question he posed to her. This wasn't the first time someone had asked her a random question, and she was sure it wouldn't be the last. She blinked a few times scratching her head lightly. "As far as I know it's more of a paradoxical dilemma.. or a philosophical one? For one to exist it needs the other, the egg can't come to be without the chicken but the chicken can't be there without first coming from an egg." She answered with a half shrug, nodding as he pointed to then easily picked the item she had just been trying to grab off the shelf. Once it was handed over she smiled and put it in her cart before turning back to the man. "I don't think it's something that's supposed to have an answer, and if it does then it's something that you really have to think about but at least it would give your brain a heck of a work out. It's a bit too involved for me personally." She said with a giggle. "Also thank you for grabbing that, tall shelves have always been the bane of my existence." She added with a bright smile.

╔══════════════╗
♚ My Funds: $972.70 ♚ My Location: Grocery Store ♚ My Friends: ?? ♚ My Status: Single ♚ My Clothes: Pastel Goth Chic ♚ My Mood: Confused/Curious ♚ My Stuff:
♚ My Profile: Over Here

♚ ❝OOC❞:
╚══════════════╝

Ashtail Foxclaw

Quote:

Quote:

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:29 am
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: Sorry for the late response x-x I was having some computer trouble.
            tab tab outfit: clicks! - not linked, but a hoodie that's baggy on him, left sleeve is tugged into to avoid it flapping around in the wind. Jeans, your average tennis shoes, eyepatch, t-shirt underneath the hoodie.
            tab tab posting colour: #D19FE8

"Huh…" he said with a contemplating huff, amused by the unexpected answer. "The paradoxical question does have an answer then - and a satisfying one at that." Looking back at the items in front of his nose, he pondered the word ‘paradox’, trying to figure out what it might mean. After all, his world was far too medieval to be using such complicated terms. "One cannot be without the other… He pondered aloud at her explanation, giving the words a taste before turning a smirk towards her. I wonder, what would happen if one do indeed exist without the other? Will it simply cease to be? And I wonder; does this apply to everything? - humans too?

Ah! Nevermind me and my thoughts. he suddenly chirped in the middle of everything, this time turning fully towards her. Putting one foot a quarter step behind the other and with his hand to his heart, he bowed his head respectfully at her. Za’saad Zabirith, a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mydame. raising his head again, he finally started picking up items from the shelf to deposit into his purchases - a couple of bags of rolled oats should have him set for a few days.

I see that you find yourself in some vertical difficulty at the time being, should my service be welcome, I'd be delighted to aid you through this short journey." he said with a soft smile as offering.

KawaiiYukiHime
            Amaryllis Fey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:24 am
User Image

User Image

1206 Pasadena District

Amaryllis could only really stare in awe that the eye patch wearing male never having known anyone who took such a, in her opinion, silly question seriously. "I.. really couldn't answer that, though I am of the belief that anything is possible so maybe it could apply? It'd be kind of a scary thought though if I'm being honest." She said with a hum, rocking on the heels of her feet. Almost as suddenly as the odd question had been posed, was it tossed aside. Though the cheerful bluenette had a tendency to do the same so she got it. A smile tugged at her lips and she let out a soft laugh at the man, Za'saad, introduced himself. "It's quite lovely to meet you Za'saad, my name is Amaryllis Fey. I must ask though, do you often pose random questions to strangers? If so that's got to be quite the hobby!" She chirped with a giggle. She tilted her head to the side when her newfound companion offered to help her retrieve any other items off the high shelves before giving a firm nod. "Well I certainly would appreciate the help! It's always nice to meet a kind person willing to offer their aide." She said with a warm smile before grabbing the handles of her cart and, after waiting for Za'saad to grab any other things he needed, pushed down the aisle.

╔══════════════╗
♚ My Funds: $972.70 ♚ My Location: Grocery Store ♚ My Friends: Za'saad ♚ My Status: Single ♚ My Clothes: Pastel Goth Chic ♚ My Mood: Cheerful ♚ My Stuff:
♚ My Profile: Over Here

♚ ❝OOC❞: I am super sorry for this taking so long (and likely on the cusp of the day change) my brain just was not trying to cooperate but I felt I had to put something out. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╚══════════════╝

Ashtail Foxclaw

Quote:

Quote:

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:49 pm
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, иσvємвєя ②⑤тн

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④①③
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑰ םαчs )

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:57 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Grocery Store | Company : Castielle on the phone | Mood : Unsure and then lighter | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here
                                        Occupation : Nothing currently | Status : Single | OOC : --

When you got right down to the bone of it...this was kind of embarrassing. He is a grown man, who should really already know the concept of buying his own groceries. Maybe if he had gone with Masumi and Marcellus a few times, he would know what he is doing. Instead of wandering the store with a basket, but not actually putting anything inside of it. "It can’t be that hard." It really wasn’t. But of course, leave it to this guy not to make things easier on himself. His hand itched to give Sumi a call, just to ask him for a recipe to help him figure this s**t out. But he knew that would defeat the point of him leaving. Space, healing and growth. Neither of them could have that if he were back to heavily relying on him again. And he would not admit that his father’s lavish lifestyle had so great of an effect that he can’t function on his own at all now. No, he could do this. On his own. Mhm. He’s got this!

"I think I have this..."What a way to sound sure. He sighs and sets down the jar of pickles he knows he won’t ever use often enough to need. Instead he picks up the smaller jar of the pickle relish, knowing it will go quicker for him living alone. Though he looks unsure, he sets it in his basket. See? He can do it! Feeling a little bit more sure, he lifts the grocery list in his opposite hand and reads out the things he wanted to buy essentially for his meal. Something he can make on his own without any help. He can manage one meal of Zosui without needing to cry to his Japanese Ex for help. It had always been his favorite meal that Masumi made him when he was feeling down or out of sorts. This was definitely an out of sorts day, as he is living somewhere entirely new with no family around.

As he goes about finding the next ingredient, his phone rings, getting his attention. The little flip his heart does when he sees his brother’s name might be a little bit embarrassing. Castielle never got along with him due to how things always took turns with Masumi, and he expected to never be forgiven. So it came as a surprise when Castielle had wished him well in his new endeavors and asked if they could stay connected. He is healing, and growing, and in turn, so are his siblings. So anytime he saw a text, or got a call, he felt more and more at peace with things. "Checking on me already?" Though his tone is teasing, his expression is soft. ”Can you blame me? You’ve never lived alone a day in your life. And I know that leaving him here was hard for you. I was an a**, but I want to try understanding you.” He holds up his phone with his shoulder as he goes about gathering the other things he needs. "I get it. I was sick and Rehan was manipulating me. None of you are to blame for how your mom or our father treated everyone. And I should have taken myself out of the equation when Sumi started getting hurt because of me. You had a right to look after your brother." He hears a sigh and what sounds like a book being slid into place on a shelf. That meant that Cas was probably at the library working right now. ”Our family tree is so confusing. Do you have any idea how weird it is to explain to people? I am related to you because Rehan is your father but we don’t share a mom. And I am related completely to everyone else but Sumi-nii who shares my mom but we don’t share dads. Like how did they hide that from us for so long? That Rehan wasn’t his father?” This time he is breathing out a long sigh, his hand lifting to rub his forehead. "You know how. I don’t....want to keep rehashing things. Besides, try being Masumi and I trying to date each other while Rehan was trying to paint him as his son." He gets a quietly murmured sorry on the other end, which yeah, it made him feel a little bad. But at the same time, he doesn’t want to keep mulling over what was done to all of them. Because he knows how Rehan had kept the secret so long. By threatening the b*****d child, using the disappointment of an eldest son. Man their family is so messed up.

"I am shopping...for dinner. By myself."He offers lamely, as a way to help the other not feel awkward. Luckily it seems to work, as he hears a chuckle on the other end. "Oh big brother, welcome to my world. You are in for a treat when you get into the world of coupons and reward systems." He grimaces at that, already dreading the sound of it. But his brother seems happy to explain it to him, and he is just grateful for the chance to have a nice conversation with his brother for a change. Every Alaric knows they haven’t been in each other’s good graces for a long time. So, he will take whatever bonding he can get right now. By the end of the conversation, Castielle is openly laughing and Avi is better informed about how saving money works with shopping and a better idea of what Sumi used to put in their Zosui as kids. Maybe he can do this after all.

Quote:

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:51 pm
User Image

tab tab ooc: Sorry I'm a little distracted - if you need more to work with let me know !
            tab tab shape: adult cat form activated!
            tab tab outfit: black tshirt, blue jeans, and worn sneakers (human form)
            tab tab posting colour: #CDAA7D
            tab tab cat sound reference: [ x ]
            tab tab day: 25th of November, month 14
            tab tab bank and wallet: 0$

Not every action was selfish - though 90% of the time they probably. But today Jean wasn’t about to steal for himself - obviously he could’ve just bought some stuff if he actually had any money but he wasn’t exactly fond of looking for pennies in the fountain or tricking every vending machine out of snacks. No, he needed something else without getting his paws wet. Standing outside the grocery store, Jean waited for the right moment to slip in, his eyes staring at the automatic doors and timed his approach with that of exiting or entering humans. A rolling cart soon approached the door and Jean saw his moment to strike, slipping in behind the woman wheeling it along before slowly crawling underneath the cart to stay hidden. Her approach around the store was slow which made it easier for him to hide, but a kid soon spotted him, calling out ’kitty!’ and seemed to approach with grabby hands. Quickly bolting from his spot and along the fruit section, he hid just around a dark corner of some stands, waiting for another opportunity to come by. Like this Jean moved methodically through the store mostly unseen because people were preoccupied with their own things. Once he made it to the meat section, Jean finally threw caution to the wind and jumped up into plain view only to snatch a big pack of pre-packed sandwich ham, the woman in front of him looking mortified for the few seconds he was around before he bolted.

Still careful not to draw too much attention, Jean did what he could to avoid staff while still moving swiftly through the store towards the exit - all he needed was to get by the cash register without being grabbed and he should be golden. As he turned a corner, about to head down one of the higher shelf-aisles, Jean saw a staff member restocking the shelves and he had to make a quick U-turn, bumping into the leg of a woman that nearly shrieked as something touched her leg. Jean then jumped out of her way and moved over to start heading down another aisle but saw someone about to head in, and in his moment of brilliance, he saw this magical flying basket (never mind it being attached to a man) and thought ‘perfect hiding place’. Running up to the man’s side, using him as a cover for the person heading down the aisle, Jean measured the distance and adjusted the bounce in his flexible legs, slipping perfectly into almost empty basket with his pack of meat, flattening out as well as he could while waiting for the person to pass, hoping not to be notice.

It was at this point Jean saw the long white hair of the man above him, staring up at him like the man had just poofed into existence. Jean then made a shushing noise at the man that could just as well have sounded like a hiss around the corner of the meat-packet he still had between his teeth. Once the person was away from them, Jean perked up enough to look over the edge of the basket, ears down as if that’d help avoid him being seen. Looking back at the man then, Jean purred and gave him a soft little ‘prr-eow’ that caused him to drop the pack from his mouth.

tiny14xx2
            Octavious

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:56 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Grocery Store | Company : A cat | Mood : Confused and unsure | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here
                                        Occupation : Nothing currently | Status : Single | Voice sample : This | OOC : --

Though he started feeling more confident after the phone call, having a list of items didn’t make actually getting them any easier. He doesn’t know how to navigate through the store, and that probably shows with how he walks slowly through aisles and looks at every sign he passes. He could always ask an employee where to find something, but he imagines that it would get annoying to have a guy ask you where his entire grocery list would be in the store. He’s not suffering through that embarrassment either. "I’m not a masochist. Even despite what Rehan tries to imply." The grimace on his face at that thought cemented the idea that no, he will not be scarring himself from ever returning to the grocery store again.

He gets so lost in his process of finding each item and memorizing where everything is, that he hardly even notices the commotion around him. The woman shrieking didn’t really register to his ears as he pushes his cart towards the fish aisle so that he can get some cod for his meal. He just wants to get the things that he needs to make a meal that might help him feel a little more at home. Maybe if he had such a nostalgic meal, he can recall the good things he took for granted at the time, but holds dear now. Is it an act of desperation to help root him into the new area he has found himself in? Just a little bit. "Staying here is good for me. The distance is good for us both. I hate it, but for Masumi, I am willing to do just about anything he needs." And the space is what he needs. So that he can get back on his feet and grow in his new relationship. And honestly? Avi kind of needs it too, so he can feel like a separate person who isn't stuck in Sumi's orbit where he can never leave it again. Masumi wasn't doing it deliberately, but he was trapping Avi with his magnetism and their codependence. "It was all sunshine and rainbows until Rehan found out. How long would we have kept that up though? Hiding our true selves from the world and resenting each other for being chained together. I don't want to think of him as something holding me back and hate him for it."

He doesn't realize that he has been staring at a package with dead fish for awhile already until he hears a thud of something dropping into his basket. He lowers the fish packet and glances down into the basket, brows furrowing as he stares down at a pair of feline eyes glancing back up at him. His eyes flick between the cat's and the meat clutched between it's teeth and then around them. It doesn't seem like anyone is particularly looking for their cat, so he had to deduce that they were probably wild. The hiss he got from the creature kind of had him sold on the idea even more. "What are you doing in a grocery store?" He murmurs, eyes lifting to follow the person walking past him. Since they were wearing the store's uniform, he is pretty sure this cat was running and hiding away from the worker. Because there is no way that the meat he had clenched in his teeth was a paid for item. ”I would be the one to get a thieving cat in my basket...” He makes a noise of discomfort when the cat drops the meat and meows at him, purring as if he wasn't just hissing at him a second ago. "You can act as cute as you want, I am not foolish enough to put my hands anywhere near a thieving cat who just hissed at me."

He COULD go back and get the worker to get the creature out of his basket so he can continue his shopping. But a little voice in the back of his head that sounded suspiciously like Masumi told him that maybe the cat was just hungry or something. His freehand lifts and he pushes the fingers through his long white bangs as he debates what to do. It is just a pack of meat, which really isn't a big deal. With a grumble, he sets the fish in the space where parents tend to buckle their toddlers in, out of the reach of the cat sitting in the basket. He can just buy the stupid meat and give it to the cat when he releases him outside. If it stays in his basket long enough anyways. He does still have a few things to get. "One pack of meat isn't a big deal I guess." He murmurs to himself as he pushes the cart along, trying to keep an eye on the cat as he also looks through his list to get his next items. Castielle is going to laugh at him for this next time they speak.

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:48 pm
User Image

tab tab ooc: Sorry I'm a little distracted - if you need more to work with let me know !

Staring up at the man as he stared back at the cat now in his possession, Jean looked at him a little dumbfounded as he was asked about why he was even there. Whaddya think mr. Snowman., Jean thought to himself, as he sighed and rolled his eyes, settling back down to plan his escape. While he didn’t mind not getting petted, the man soon enough said something quite a bit more interesting, earning another look from the cat and ears perking up at full attention. Was he offering to buy his ham for him? Jean’s tail swiped calmly across the bottom of the cart, his toes sticking out between the metal beneath him but after a few seconds he seemed to accept the gesture.

Thanks, Snow. The cat then said all too casually, before he returned to his scouting, still laying as flat as he could. It didn’t take long for Jean’s trail of thoughts to get interupted though, as the cart slowly rolled on but eventually took a turn and heading further into the store. Exit’s the other way!, Jean thought, looking up at the man wide-eyed and slightly confused. Wasn’t this man going to buy his ham? Or did he just reconsider? Stretching out slowly, Jean grabbed the edge of his ham pack again, slowly trying to position his paws so he could jump back out of the cart, but it was hard finding a proper foothold when you’re stepping on holes. It didn’t seem like the man was paying him much mind though.

“Mommy, look! Kitty!”

Jean heard the unmistakable pitch of a child not far away from them and looked over his shoulder and out the bars on the side of the cart, to see a kid jabbing a finger in his direction and yanking at his mom’s arm. The woman looked to her child and then to the cart, scoffing as her eyes moved to the man pushing the cart. Due to the limited amount of groceries in the cart, Jean was unfortunately not very well hidden.

“Excuse me, Sir? Sir!” The woman sneered, walking up to Octavius. ExCuSe Me! Is that your cat? You’re not allowed to bring animals in here.”

“Mommy can I play with it?” the kid asked, already reaching into the cart trying to grab the cat.

Jean got a look of horror on him, scooting up into the farthest corner he could to get away from the kid, which happened to be closer to Avi and under the seat for small kids. As those small grabby hands continued to grab towards him, Jean didn’t feel keen on having to scratch up a child, but neither did he want his tail pulled off or dislodged at every thinkable joint. Before the kid could walk around to grab him from the other side, he swiftly climbed the seat of the cart and used it to jump the last bit up onto Octavius' shoulders, getting far out of the kid’s reach with a disapproving look - ham still clutched in his mouth. However being up here did make him a lot more exposed. It was just a choice he’d have to make to save his tail.

“Oh that’s a really well trained cat…!” The woman then said, but with Jean now out of the kid’s reach, the kid began to slowly whine and cry, jumping in place and reaching up towards Octavius in an attempt to grab at the cat still.

“Let my kid pet it and I won’t tell the manager.” The woman then said and tried to grab the cat off his shoulders.

tiny14xx2
            Octavious

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:27 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Grocery Store | Company : A cat | Mood : Agitated | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here
                                        Occupation : Nothing currently | Status : Single | Voice sample : This | OOC : --

He had focused on the list he was shopping for, so he didn't really pay much attention to any voices. He barely registers the "Thanks Snow" comment, not thinking at all that it is directed towards him. Snow is more of a girl's name. Although he has long hair, he is pretty sure no one is talking to him there. He didn't even look back down at the cat until he heard the rustling of the meat pack again. Stopping his basket, he glares at the creature. Why he is talking to an animal, he doesn't know. But he seems to do it anyways. "I can't pay for that if you run off with it." Though that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It wouldn't be his problem anymore then.

He was about ready to shoo away the beast when he heard the shriek of a child. He paled, looking very uncomfortable now. If there is something that is even worse than animals for him, it was children. He doesn’t really hate them per say, but they typically don’t mind boundaries and he really doesn’t want a lawsuit because he makes some kid go into a seizure when they touch his skin. "s**t..." He mutters under his breath as his gloved hand tightens around the handle of the basket, the plastic cracking under his grip. He just wanted to have one normal day where he shopped like a normal person. One day. Just. ONE. Looks like today is not that day.

His expression goes through a lot in just a few seconds. Nervous, annoyed, resolved, before settling on cold and indifferent. His normal expression when dealing with just about anyone. People just...aren’t his forte. Apparently beating them senseless is. Too bad he can’t do that here. He opens his mouth to respond, stopping to focus on moving the basket out of the child’s reach so he didn’t spook the very wild cat into dropping that meat to bite off some fingers. "Don’t." He responds to the child coldly, though he was just trying to look after the child’s safety and the cat’s well-being. Things were getting ridiculous as the kid continues to try and grab for the cat, and Avi was breaching not knowing what to do about this. He could pick the cat up and prevent the kid from touching it. But the cat was already spooked, and might just unleash its claws on Avi.

However, that didn’t seem to be a problem anymore. The cat seemed to weigh its options and chose who was clearly the better option here. Yet there was something about the cat's choice that drew out suspicion in him. He lets the cat climb on his shoulders, grateful for his jacket and turtleneck covering his skin. After moving his long hair so the cat isn’t getting tangled into it, he finally faces the mother. That cold and indifferent expression is back, and his tone is hard when he finally addresses her. ”Actually, no. Your spawn will not be touching him. Instead, you should really put that on a leash.” He steps out of the child’s reach, glaring down at him, even as he cries. "And you would be lucky that I don’t get the manager to throw you and your child out. I am a retired government official recovering from PTSD. I am legally allowed to have my service animal with me in stores, as I suffer from random bouts of panic attacks that prevent me from breathing properly. He is trained because of that, and you aren’t supposed to distract a service animal from their duty."

He crosses his arms over his chest, cutting her off once again if she had anything else to shriek at him with her annoying voice. "Be grateful that I don’t get you thrown out for causing myself and my cat distress; which could spiral into a panic attack. So if you will excuse me, I shall be returning to my shopping without further disturbance. Control that thing you claim to be a child." He gives a wave towards the child for emphasis before he is off pushing his cart again with a huff.

When he is in a reasonable distance from that cluster ********, the man takes a deep breath in and out to calm himself down so he doesn’t break the basket any further. "You will have some explaining to do. I hope you realize that, you troublesome fraud." He comments, eyes glancing down at the cat on his shoulder. "Any normal creature would have run away, not onto another stranger that could be just as potentially harmful."

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:08 am
User Image

The woman looked about as mortified as one could, like Octavius had somehow managed to insult her on a deep personal level. Jean found her to be quite exaggerated though and stayed comfortably out of reach on the man’s shoulder. He did pause to look at Avi though, his gaze fixated on him as he spoke, wondering if what he said was true. Did this make Jean feel guilty? No. As Avi escaped the situation, Jean wanted to stick out his tongue at the woman while being carried away, her spawn now wailing twice as much and herself muttering about how dared this man talk to her like that and so rude of him to refuse her spoiled brat’s request.

As the two of them slinked away, Jean began his return to the cart, balancing on Avi’s arm and taking one step at a time before the man started talking to him. Jean’s ears twitched at the words, before feline eyes turned towards the man. When the cat’s paws were finally back on the cart, Jean dropped his ham back down to the other purchases and used a paw to push the fish out of the way from the toddler seat so he could occupy that space. Once he had firmly planted his butt he stared up at the man with a knowing look. Was he happy about being called a fraud? No, but he felt pretty proud about being called troublesome - he lived for it after all.

Still, it took him a little bit to decide on what to do, eventually reaching a paw up and putting it on one of the gloved hands holding onto the cart. Okay, so maybe he felt a little guilty about putting this guy in a situation where he might have a panic attack. Jean had seen plenty to know the unpleasantness of it.

I never claimed to be anything I’m not, how does that make me a fraud? The cat then said, looking him straight in the eye. You know, if it makes you feel better, I’ll let you pet me. It’d be quite troublesome for me too if you were to flop over and pass out. As if to enforce this, he leaned over to rub his cheek and whiskers over the hand where his paw had just been, almost begging for pets or just pretending to be cute. I’m clean and soft, very pettable. Besides, wouldn’t it be fun to watch her face when you get to pet me and she doesn't?

Sitting back on his butt he waited a second or two before talking again. You’re still buying my ham, right?

tiny14xx2
            Octavious

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Grocery Store | Company : A cat | Mood : Terribly exhausted | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

He is vaguely aware of the woman mumbling her grievances with him, and can hear her even when he isn’t near her anymore. Honestly? He doesn’t really care. He’s seen so many people try to push around Sumi to learn not to let people treat him or anyone he loves like s**t. It is breaching a sad reality when someone that has done some pretty vile things in his time wished that people would just be decent for a change. Seems like there is more trash than treasure these days. "Parents who teach their kids bad mannerisms are no better than those who treat their children like they don’t exist. I wonder what breeds the worst kind of human being. Maybe I can ask Castielle for statistics later?" That reminds him of the laughter that he is sure to hear later for all of this, making him frown. He is used to Castielle laughing at his expense, but it didn’t lessen the sting at all. At least he wasn’t doing it maliciously anymore.

He refocuses on what is happening in the present, watching as the cat uses his arm to get down from his shoulder. Once again, he finds himself grateful that he is wearing a long sleeve. One way to make this day even more sour is surely to kill a cat with his touch. Even if they aren't JUST a cat. "Purring and meowing at me when you have the capabilities of speaking is manipulative enough." He doesn’t really do great with manipulative people, but at least the guy was doing it to get some food, not to be an a*****e. Did that make it a little easier to digest? A smidge. More so than his father anyway.

He quickly pulls his hand away when the cat rubs against him, his breath catching for a second. Sometimes it was a jerk reaction to pull himself away, even while his hands are covered. "Nothing good ever comes from my touch, so I will pass on that offer." Not like he could feel the fur with his gloves anyways. And there is NO WAY he is removing them in such a place. Much less to stroke the fur of a stranger. What the hell is his life? The laughter from his younger sibling almost feels warranted now. Is his life just a tragic comedy? Sounds miserable.

While he doesn’t feel like the guy(cat?) did anything to earn the ham, especially with the trouble he caused, he didn’t want the lady throwing a tantrum if she saw the cat trying to make an escape with the meat. That isn’t bound to go over well for him since he has officially, at least in the eyes of one annoying lady, claimed this beast as his therapy cat. What a troublesome shopping trip. He won’t add the fact that it looks like he lost his mind talking to a cat to his list. "To avoid any further issues with Satan’s mistress, yes. I will buy your treasured meat." He gives a heavy put upon sigh and looks at his list again. Was this dinner even worth the effort anymore? To taste something close to what he remembers to be his happiest days? Yes, because he so desperately needs this. "Only after I am done getting whatever else I need." That seems like a fair compromise considering what this little hiccup could have cost him.

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:41 am
User Image

Purring lightly, more to himself out of comfort than anything, Jean watched this man intently. There was something strange about him he couldn’t quite put a paw on. Not everyone can handle a talking cat, purring and meowing can be necessary. Besides, you think human words are used to speak with other creatures? Surely the man didn’t think that was actually a viable method of communication? Technically meowing and such were for animal to human communication more than animal to animal, but that didn’t mean verbal communication didn’t happen in the animal kingdom.

When Avi denied touching the cat, Jean just looked up at him, his thoughts wandering once more before his limited brainpower just shut down and he instead began to lick his paw and wash his face.

After a few rounds of rubbing his whiskers and cheeks, Jean looked up at the man again as he confirmed that he would be buying the ham. Many thanks. I guess I can help you gather your own wares in the meantime.

Giving Octavius any guidance he could, still sitting in the toddler seat, eventually with his back to the man, Jean soon leaned his head back, glancing up at him curiously. My name is Shaun, spelled J, E, A, N. You wouldn’t happen to know a guy called Aaron Shepherd? He’s a police officer or so here in town. Heard of him?

tiny14xx2
            Octavious

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas