Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Memorable Threads
Looool I've been reported, guise! [The epilogue to "iPhone"] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 35

melocure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:08 pm

I became impregnated with Dotty and Lici's love child.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:13 pm
Any chance I can hear how that happened?  

SpiderQueen

melocure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Dotty's down in SpanishTown now.
And that can make a person a bit crazy.
Throw Lici in the mix, and you have an illegitimate love child. D:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:30 pm
[Harakiri]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mac lovers looooooove mac don't they? o__o
Psyyyyycho.
xD

imo Mac sucks a**. xD Having owned a Mac and knowing how retarded it was to use it, I can verify that it sucks. xD

Every MAC computer I've ever worked with, especially at school, was a retarted piece of crap. Even the new ones. I knew how to work with them, they just didn't wanna work with me. :3 So I'm no MAC person.  

Lady of Fae

SpiderQueen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:36 pm
melocure

Dotty's down in SpanishTown now.
And that can make a person a bit crazy.
Throw Lici in the mix, and you have an illegitimate love child. D:

Fun fun  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:39 pm
Welcome to a world where the air I breathe is mine
There's nothing to overwhelm me and nothing to cloud my mind

Oh lul xD What a jerk. I can't believe he got so mad about everyones opinions!

Be anyone, do anything I'd ever want to try
Time doesn't exist here, I will never die

Aaby-sama

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 pm
I would just like to say that not all Mac users are that stupid, ignorant, naive, and volatile. D: He's a bad egg, really! You get them with everything!! D:

There also seems to be a lot of Mac hate going on here. T__T People think it's cool to dislike Mac now because it's becoming more mainstream, and there are lots of people who likes to think they don't "conform".
Naturally, that's not all. But it seems to me that's a lot of it. People thought iPods were great until they started getting too popular. Now people have started dissing them for things that are frankly untrue.

I personally don't actually like the iPhone, believe it or not. XD I mean, some bits of it are REALLY DAMN COOL, like the touch screen and how it works (I have a friend who has one) but... I like my phone to be a phone. I'm not even very fond of the idea of a camera phone, so one with all those features is a little off-putting to me. It looks cool, it works, it doesn't break easily (and neither do iPods, despite was is apparantly popular belief), but it's too much for me. @_@

MACS in general, though, are great. I think we can all safely say that no school computer is EVER a good basis for judgement, because they almost always have minimum RAM, hard drive space, and memory, which means they generally run far more poorly than they should anyway.

@Lici: I don't want a thread so filled with Mac hate in the memorable threads. D: I mean, yeah, that guy was a ******** moron, but a thread where pretty much everyone just sits around dissing Macs (or at least, for part of it) doesn't sit right with me. And it's not because it's Macs - I'd feel the same about anything. @_@ 'Course, you're the captain, it's your decision. :B  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:38 pm
Oh, in the idiot's defense, it was obvious that he WAS an idiot, and so it was a little baiting to be so confrontational and negative towards an opinion that he'd already expressed, when it was pretty obvious he was going to say something stupid back. XD

(yeah, I'm just playing devil's advocate. you don't need to tell me he asked for it or whatever, cuz I'm not REALLY trying to defend the moron. :B)  

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

melocure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:41 pm

We aren't hating so much on Mac.
We're just hating on the fact that he was such a douche. =)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:43 pm
melocure

We aren't hating so much on Mac.
We're just hating on the fact that he was such a douche. =)
Well yes. And that's fine with me. XD But there IS a fair amount of Mac hating going on also. :B  

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

darlingtonia californica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:29 pm

Well I used to own a Mac and I thought it was crap. D:
Barely did anything I wanted it too, and it got all frozen up and wouldn't start up if I accidentally left a cd in the cd thing when I turned it off. Also, there weren't any games for it. I was stuck with a stupid math game and a dumb Sabrina the Teenage Witch game that I finished the day I got it. :<

The only thing I think that Mac is good for is commercial art. :<
For the average computer user though, Mac just isn't very good. D:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:55 pm
[Harakiri]

Barely did anything I wanted it too, and it got all frozen up and wouldn't start up if I accidentally left a cd in the cd thing when I turned it off. Also, there weren't any games for it. I was stuck with a stupid math game and a dumb Sabrina the Teenage Witch game that I finished the day I got it. :<

How long ago was that, then? Mac went through a period where it wasn't as good as it had been, in the nineties. Then they got Steve Jobs back, and now it's great again. Even then, though, Macs were better... I mean, that was when the blue screen of death was plaguing all the PC owners. Now, though, Macs just don't freeze. It doesn't happen. And you can play any game you want on a Mac (except maybe some of the really hardcore ones that require a really good video card - but most of those are made by Blizzard, I think, and they put out Mac versions anyway) because they all come with Virtual PC.

So complaining that Macs aren't good for those reasons is like complaining that PCs aren't good because of the blue screen of death. It's in the past - things improve. @_@  

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

darlingtonia californica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:13 am

Hm, the mac I had was User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I still don't think so. I'm going by use-ability for regular people. I always had a hard time finding stuff I was looking for when I had a Mac. PC's are just easier to use. xD You gotta be really smart to use a Mac (save for that psycho. xD ) and I just can't do it. Also the internet on it sucked. We had one of those ...air-ports I want to call it? xD Not sure what exactly.
The only thing I really like from Mac was when iTunes was only on Macs. The original iTunes was the s**t. <3

My mom's exboyfriend was a Mac-sheep, and it's funny because he was a freelance photographer. All he used it for was art. It couldn't do anything else when my mom and I tried to use it. D:

But well, I don't really want to get into this huge argument over which is better because that all depends on the person. The average person will prefer PCs because a 5 year old could figure it out. xD; I like things I'm going to use for enjoyment to be really, really, really easy to use. o_o;

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:19 am
Muskratio
I would just like to say that not all Mac users are that stupid, ignorant, naive, and volatile. D: He's a bad egg, really! You get them with everything!! D:

There also seems to be a lot of Mac hate going on here. T__T People think it's cool to dislike Mac now because it's becoming more mainstream, and there are lots of people who likes to think they don't "conform".
Naturally, that's not all. But it seems to me that's a lot of it. People thought iPods were great until they started getting too popular. Now people have started dissing them for things that are frankly untrue.

I personally don't actually like the iPhone, believe it or not. XD I mean, some bits of it are REALLY DAMN COOL, like the touch screen and how it works (I have a friend who has one) but... I like my phone to be a phone. I'm not even very fond of the idea of a camera phone, so one with all those features is a little off-putting to me. It looks cool, it works, it doesn't break easily (and neither do iPods, despite was is apparantly popular belief), but it's too much for me. @_@

MACS in general, though, are great. I think we can all safely say that no school computer is EVER a good basis for judgement, because they almost always have minimum RAM, hard drive space, and memory, which means they generally run far more poorly than they should anyway.

@Lici: I don't want a thread so filled with Mac hate in the memorable threads. D: I mean, yeah, that guy was a ******** moron, but a thread where pretty much everyone just sits around dissing Macs (or at least, for part of it) doesn't sit right with me. And it's not because it's Macs - I'd feel the same about anything. @_@ 'Course, you're the captain, it's your decision. :B

Oh I'm not saying all Mac users are like that. That's why I called him a Mac-sheep xD He's one of those users that thinks Macs are better no matter what.

My computer has plenty of RAM and HDD space B) Though HDDs have nothing to do with how good a computer runs. That depends on your RAM, CPU and mobo. Which I why I prefer PCs, because I build my own that kick arse over everything else :B

And there wasn't really Mac-hate in that thread at all xD I just pointed out why I think Nokia make better phones :B He's the one that made it all personal about Macs. And that's why I called him a Mac-sheep xD

de.Lici.ous
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:23 am
Muskratio
[Harakiri]

How long ago was that, then? Mac went through a period where it wasn't as good as it had been, in the nineties. Then they got Steve Jobs back, and now it's great again. Even then, though, Macs were better... I mean, that was when the blue screen of death was plaguing all the PC owners. Now, though, Macs just don't freeze. It doesn't happen. And you can play any game you want on a Mac (except maybe some of the really hardcore ones that require a really good video card - but most of those are made by Blizzard, I think, and they put out Mac versions anyway) because they all come with Virtual PC.

So complaining that Macs aren't good for those reasons is like complaining that PCs aren't good because of the blue screen of death. It's in the past - things improve. @_@

Waaaaaaaaaait. I've NEVER had a BSoD xD Never, ever, ever. :B And I've had a computer since... Gosh, I can't even remember how long. xD Back when 2GB HDDs were considered MASSIVE. And when 32MB of RAM was really impressive xD

I wish to stress here: It is not the machine that runs bad. It is the user who doesn't know how to take care of their machine.

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff