3x20 The Man Behind The Curtain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spiral Out

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:50 pm
Seraphor
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
      I don't know if you've noticed, but on the island 'real' does not mean 'alive'.
      Jacob is real, he is not necessarily alive.

Real doesn't mean human either, he may not even be a person.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:02 pm
Seraphor
tbs.hellogoodbye
I'm extremely confident that Jacob is not dead and "brought back".
      Then why is he invisible, and 'living' in a rotting shack?
      Why did Locke need to be/do something on a psychological/spiritual level in order to hear/see him?
      Why would they be terrified of an invisible hermit?

Because, the island isn't He__. (Fill in the blanks people). No, Locke had to kill his father to prove to Ben (& the Others, I suppose) that he was willing to do anything they told him to do. He basically had to kill him to let Ben know that Ben has full control over him (which he doesn't because he didn't kill him, Ben just thinks he did.)

Jacob has power. A lot of power, obviously. THAT'S why they're scared, and that's why Ben didn't want to just show up at Jacob's door step, because he can do A LOT.  

rawrjennamonster

The First Seraphor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:36 am
      I never said anything about the island being Hell. The island does not have to be Hell in order for Jacob to be dead.

I never said anything about Locke killing his dad. Ben could see him, Locke could not, that means Locke is doing something wrong on a psychological/spiritual level.

Yes Jacob has a lot of power, that's obvious, that doesn't mean he's 'alive'.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:25 pm
Oof, your difficult to understand. (NOO OFFENSE I SWEAR!!!)  

rawrjennamonster

kool ken

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:28 pm
Perhaps Jacob is ill. Or suffering from the effects of some horrible experiment gone wrong.
And maybe he lives alone because his condition or disposition is toxic to the others.
Maybe Ben is the "leader" partly because he's the only one willing to meet with Jacob, (and he does so reluctantly).
I wonder if Jacob's invisibility is related to the smoke monster ??  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:01 pm
ken45
Perhaps Jacob is ill. Or suffering from the effects of some horrible experiment gone wrong.
And maybe he lives alone because his condition or disposition is toxic to the others.
Maybe Ben is the "leader" partly because he's the only one willing to meet with Jacob, (and he does so reluctantly).
I wonder if Jacob's invisibility is related to the smoke monster ??

Interesting, my theory is somewhat like yours. I like yours too.  

rawrjennamonster

Treehugger93

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 pm
I LOVED this episode! I'm so glad to finally get to know more about Ben. Spoiler(highlight to read):Speaking of Ben, he shot Lock in the stomach region. Therefore, there's a reasonable chance Locke won't die. Hasn't he fulfilled his purpose, though? Does he still need to be here?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:47 am
Cat_Slave1993
I LOVED this episode! I'm so glad to finally get to know more about Ben. Spoiler(highlight to read):Speaking of Ben, he shot Lock in the stomach region. Therefore, there's a reasonable chance Locke won't die. Hasn't he fulfilled his purpose, though? Does he still need to be here?

They could kill him off, but I still feel he has a role to play to unravel the mysteries of the Island.  

kool ken

alyhs

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:26 am
i agree 3nodding They wouldn't kill locke off if there were still more about him and the island.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:09 pm
alyhs
i agree 3nodding They wouldn't kill locke off if there were still more about him and the island.

Oh, no, Locke is certainly not dead. 3nodding  

rawrjennamonster

blackcatblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:52 pm
kool ken
I liked the episode. But I always thought Richard was younger than Ben. He certainly looks younger.

I have to say I don't think richard gets older, if you ask me I like Richard is the boss, and ben is just his puppet..... From the first time I saw Richard I kind of had a feeling he was in charge.... he is a real mistery  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:02 pm
Spiral Out
They're likely not "native" to the island, because I don't think most people native to the south pacific are white.
aaron's native to the island and he's white  

PyroBlade

Colonel Kendor Nishio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:39 pm
Spiral Out
10 bucks says Locke doesn't stay dead. ninja

He will help him.

looks like you were right  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm
PyroBlade
Spiral Out
They're likely not "native" to the island, because I don't think most people native to the south pacific are white.
aaron's native to the island and he's white

Haha, Aaron's parents were white. He was born on the island.  

rawrjennamonster

Episode Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces