Reply SCA Guild
I went to an event and I forgot... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyratel Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:56 am
Congrats! But, how can you forget it at all?!?!?! I mean, it's blasted duck tape, fer cryin out loud, I mean... *ahem* sorry, I got a little off my rocker. My dad fights heavy, so there is a roll under the drivers seat of all of our cars (2) and also under the backseats of said cars!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:11 pm
My name.

My MUNDANE name.

At Pennsic V, I was part of a contingent defending the King of the East. The day was hot, and I apparently keeled over on the field. They found me in a very confused state after the battle was over.

Dousing me with a bucket of water brought me out of my daze, but when someone in the Chirurgeon's tent asked me where I was going after the war, I drew a blank.

Nor could I remember my mundane name.

Or anyone else's. I could remember everything about my persona, and I could remember the persona names of my friends, but the mundane world, for me, had ceased to exist.

Someone went to my tent and brought my wallet. In time, while looking in confusion at my driver's license and military ID, my memory crept back.

That was a weird experience.  

Wave-Darer

tanwyn_llewellyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:11 pm
Wow... that would be disconcerting...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:07 pm
Wave-Darer
My name.

My MUNDANE name.

At Pennsic V, I was part of a contingent defending the King of the East. The day was hot, and I apparently keeled over on the field. They found me in a very confused state after the battle was over.

Dousing me with a bucket of water brought me out of my daze, but when someone in the Chirurgeon's tent asked me where I was going after the war, I drew a blank.

Or anyone else's. I could remember everything about my persona, and I could remember the persona names of my friends, but the mundane world, for me, had ceased to exist.

Someone went to my tent and brought my wallet. In time, while looking in confusion at my driver's license and military ID, my memory crept back.

I'm sure that was terrofying, but it's so ******** cool!  

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:37 pm
Wave-Darer
My name.

My MUNDANE name.

I had a similar experience when I dehydrated at Warriors and Warlords this last summer... but I was swimming, not fighting, and it was not quite to the same extreme.

Water is good, people!!!! Lots and lots of water during those hot camping events!!! (or at least that's what everyone kept reminding me at the next event...)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:06 pm
Wave-Darer
My name.

My MUNDANE name.

wow....that is a unique form of amnesia, get so into your prosona that you lose you mundane personality and memory.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:21 pm
This weekend I went to Border Skirmish III and I forgot...

my shoes. I was a hobbit all weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:12 pm
i **JUST** got back from Fields of Gold in Tir Bannog (had a friggin blast)

but i forgot to pack - a blacket, a pillow, bandaids, and bug dope

i REMEMBERED to pack 7 bottles of water, a sleeping bag, and money for the helm lunch .... but left it in my parents' van gonk

sweatdrop i hate being a ditz when it comes to SCA! xd i'm having too much fun thinking about the event, that i forget everything i need ... untill i need it! xd  

Naito_Mitsukai

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:07 am
I am going to murder whoever ressurected this thread.

I check my e-mail after ignoring it for several weeks and get an e-mail from my home group saying, "Hey, I'm coming up to MN for Warriors and Warlords, are you going?" At which point I go "HOMG SOMEONE I KNOW wasn't going but I am now!" Then I get on here and see the first posts talking about Warriors and Warlords last weekend and freak out in confusion until I notice that this thread is a year old...

On a side-note, I once forgot my boots. Thankfully my mother tossed hers in her car as a spur of the moment thing and I was able to fight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:12 am
Kiddo the fox-phoenix

I check my e-mail after ignoring it for several weeks and get an e-mail from my home group saying, "Hey, I'm coming up to MN for Warriors and Warlords, are you going?" At which point I go "HOMG SOMEONE I KNOW wasn't going but I am now!" Then I get on here and see the first posts talking about Warriors and Warlords last weekend and freak out in confusion until I notice that this thread is a year old...

On a side-note, I once forgot my boots. Thankfully my mother tossed hers in her car as a spur of the moment thing and I was able to fight.

redface Sorry for the confusion! I felt the need to resurrect the thread after being a hobbit all weekend... blaugh  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:51 am
littlegreengirl
Kiddo the fox-phoenix

redface Sorry for the confusion! I felt the need to resurrect the thread after being a hobbit all weekend... blaugh

Juuust giving ya a bad time, that's all. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:33 pm
Ever gone to an event, and forgotten to pack your garb? Thank heavens for gold key! Been there, done that ... years ago. Can't remember the event, though ...  

Dammask

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100

xxDethWishxx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:29 pm
Last Pennsic I forgot toothpaste. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:55 am
Dammask
Ever gone to an event, and forgotten to pack your garb? Thank heavens for gold key! Been there, done that ... years ago. Can't remember the event, though ...

lolz nope!! xd you see, no matter how uncomfortable a corset is on a road trip in a van - i love wearing my garb so much i wear it on the drive over (then again the farthest event i've been to was only about a 4 hour drive) so yeah lolz! that's the up to being obsessed with your garb!! whee

i just forget everything else!! whee sweatdrop rofl  

Naito_Mitsukai

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:27 pm
It's become a tradition in my household to go to Walmart after we set up to pick up whatever we forgot to pack. I think the worst I was ever personally responcable for was my shoes and my sleeping bag. sweatdrop  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff