Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I dont care anymore...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:42 am
I having trouble here
I have a name.... but not a personal
I have no idea where to start either
I like many things, many cultures, many time periods.....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:19 pm
I had a persona.....but it was a little to unhistoric.... My name is Desta, which is French for destiny. I had a last name but I can't remember hwo to spell it, its Firesoul in french. So I know my persona should be french but I don't really know what period or really anything elts....  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:08 am
well I would suggest reading history books on about France. Try and find information about 15th or 16th century France if you want to be int the high period. I was going to go French for my persona but I'm so sick of France it's not funny.
My aunt an my mother was tracing our families genealogy and found out that My grandfather is a descendant of the french Royal family. Apparently 6 princes immigrated to Canada assuming the last name Denomme each with different spelling so that they could tell family members apart from each other. Which is cool and all but we can't find out what family in France it is because of the name change. But If I had to make a guess I think that he's a descendant of the Valois family because they can over in the mid 1500's.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:41 am
OK so onto my persona now. I need just a little help in getting my persona's story/history right. So if you have any suggestions pleas let me know.

so this is what I have
Time: 530 ish
Place of Origin: Selymbia but moved to constanople.
Personas name: Julia Constantina of Selymbia.

What I know and kind of have put together so far.
- - Julia is an only Child.
- - Based upon what I have learned in Roman Civ her fathers name would be something like, Tiberius Julius or Julian. Mothers name would have been Constantina.
- - Her father moved to Constanople because of his trade in merchant ship building. Since Julia is his only Child she is being taught how to run the company/ the trade.
Brief background of Constanople:
- - 306 AD - Constantine became the Augustus of western provinces
- - 312 AD - Constantine consolidates his position of Augustus in western provinces
- - 315AD - Arch of Constine Built.
- - 330AD - Constantine transfers seat of Roman Empire from Rome to Byzantium, which he re-names Constantinople.
- - By The time of my persona Constantinople was a Christian states I believe.  

Shelby Pierre-San

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Shelby_73
well I would suggest reading history books on about France. Try and find information about 15th or 16th century France if you want to be int the high period. I was going to go French for my persona but I'm so sick of France it's not funny.
My aunt an my mother was tracing our families genealogy and found out that My grandfather is a descendant of the french Royal family. Apparently 6 princes immigrated to Canada assuming the last name Denomme each with different spelling so that they could tell family members apart from each other. Which is cool and all but we can't find out what family in France it is because of the name change. But If I had to make a guess I think that he's a descendant of the Valois family because they can over in the mid 1500's.

Thanks ^-^ My grandma is descended from some some important guy that ran Quebec (sp?), I think during the French/Indian war. Her maiden name was DeMerse. (sp?)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:30 pm
yeah, I know that I want my persona to come from France, but I still don't know from why point in time, where, or what the name is. I was wondering if anyone could help point me in a direction for books or websites. Please PM me with any info you possibly have! It would be sooo helpful. I've been in the SCA all my life, and my mum is getting a little miffed that I still have no persona by now, and it is pretty embarassing. sweatdrop  

Norobi

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:40 pm
im currently middle eastern (for her majesty chamayne) but i want to be a pirate. i have a few in my household.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:22 am
ResidentOfDarkness
im currently middle eastern (for her majesty chamayne) but i want to be a pirate. i have a few in my household.

my name is cassandra rosalia not sure what time period i want yet hmm...  

MorganOfCalafia

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:04 pm
Shelby_73
OK so onto my persona now. I need just a little help in getting my persona's story/history right. So if you have any suggestions pleas let me know.

so this is what I have

- - Based upon what I have learned in Roman Civ her fathers name would be something like, Tiberius Julius or Julian. Mothers name would have been Constantina.
- - Her father moved to Constanople because of his trade in merchant ship building. Since Julia is his only Child she is being taught how to run the company/ the trade.
- - 312 AD - Constantine consolidates his position of Augustus in western provinces
- - 330AD - Constantine transfers seat of Roman Empire from Rome to Byzantium, which he re-names Constantinople.

Yes, Constantinople was a Christian kingdom.

As for Julia's last name, Constantia functioned primarily as a first name, and there were rarely more names than three.

As for last names, check out the Academy of Saint Gabriel. They are very stringent about their research, and you might enjoy what you find.

The family trade, whilst unusual being handed to a girl (only children were fairly rare. Family was big), did happen. In fact, Constantia (me) is the daughter of silk and fabric traders, and because she's the only surviving child, she gets the business. At the time of your persona, Justinian and Theodora had only reigned for three years, so any major changes to societal structure really hadn't occurred yet.

I also have some books which might help you out, as well.

The Oxford History of Byzantium, by Cyril A. Mango
The Age of Justinian and Theodora: a history of sixth century A.D.
A Concise History of Byzantium, by Warren Treadgold

And for a good fictional read:

Anna of Byzantium
, by Tracy Barrett

Good luck, and let me know what you find.

We Romans have to stick together!

-Constantia  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:07 am
Later 14th century English woman named Amata Cromwell. Born in Northumbria, her father owned a small manor there and a small vilage of people worked the land. Amata was sent, along with the daughter of the family's personal servents, to London to be wed into the Cromwell family. Her husband owned and ran a book binding shop and taught her the rudiments of reading and writing. He, however, became a bit to vocal with his siding with the Lombards (I /think/ I have that right, it's been a while, I'll edit/update later) and was killed. She lives with her maid servent and has no children. She runs her late husbands shop, practices her reading, writing and wants to learn illumination.  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:29 pm
Dragostae
Shelby_73

so this is what I have

Yes, Constantinople was a Christian kingdom.

As for Julia's last name, Constantia functioned primarily as a first name, and there were rarely more names than three.

As for last names, check out the Academy of Saint Gabriel. They are very stringent about their research, and you might enjoy what you find.

The family trade, whilst unusual being handed to a girl (only children were fairly rare. Family was big), did happen. In fact, Constantia (me) is the daughter of silk and fabric traders, and because she's the only surviving child, she gets the business. At the time of your persona, Justinian and Theodora had only reigned for three years, so any major changes to societal structure really hadn't occurred yet.

I also have some books which might help you out, as well.

The Oxford History of Byzantium, by Cyril A. Mango
The Age of Justinian and Theodora: a history of sixth century A.D.
A Concise History of Byzantium, by Warren Treadgold

And for a good fictional read:

Anna of Byzantium
, by Tracy Barrett

Good luck, and let me know what you find.

We Romans have to stick together!

-Constantia

oh thank you very much. I can finially finish my persona and get my arms registered.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:49 pm
Shelby_73
oh thank you very much. I can finially finish my persona and get my arms registered.

Let me know if you need help, okay? *grin*

-Constantia  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:12 pm
persona development's been a big problem for my little shire!! most of the new people being highschool age, haven't learned enough to make one - but are being pressured to make them for demonstration reasons sweatdrop and with finals coming up, i don't have much time crying

Medb ingen Carthach (last name still not for sure - but Medb definatly)
Celtic Wench
1100-1200
British Isles
(either irish, scottish, or welsh)

but with help from a friend this is what i've come uip with ... ish

ideas? comments? critisisms? help? sweatdrop (basically i want to be wearing a Chemise, boddice, and skirt)

lolz this is the conversation via msn i had with my friend: (pink is him)

i'm thinking of a celtic wench .... when would that be?
okay.... what kind of cloths do you want to wear?
umm .... chemise, boddice/corset, and skirt!
celtic puts you on the british isles..... that was hard.... wench.... 1100 - 1600
i swear the only reason u help me, is because u get 2 make fun of me!
and?
1200-1500 or even 1600 if you want hoops under your skirt

no hoops!
narrow it down further now... corset under breast or over breast?
dunno! ... which time period is which?
the later the period the more the corset flattened the bust
i think i'd want to do erlier
Heather tells me the under bust corset isn't period at all.... just an SCAism
1100-1200 british isles.... okay... irish, welsh, scotish?

dunno

(btw heather is his wife lolz)

so yeah - comments, ideas, critisisms, help of any sort? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:05 am
I am Iofa ferch Macsen, daughter of Macsen, clan chieftain of the Durotriges from the settlements of Mai Dun. I had handfasted in my 20th summer to Bran, a warrior and a good man and husband. Together we had raised five children, three sons (Coel, Owyn, and Cadfan) and two daughters (Eilwedd and Morwenna).

Then came the summer of the year that is called 43 C.E. by common reckoning, and the legions of the Roman Emperor came to our lands and demanded that we submit to their rule. Know ye all in this place that the Celtoi bend neck to no man! So their legions came and laid seige to our hillfort. Well our men fought, and bravely. And many of the women too took up the sword and sling as we were trained and fought beside our husbands, brothers and sons. But in the end it was the trickery of the southern men that did what courage and strength of arm could not.

In those bloody days I saw both husband and son fall to the strangers from the south. And I saw my daughters taken and sold into slavery.

And I, you ask, I was taken as slave by a Centurion of the Romans..to serve his lady and do her bidding. I who was daughter of chiefains and wife and mother of warriors, now shuttling to and fro upon the whim of one who could not lift a finger lest it damage the perfection of her beauty.

Some years did I remain with this household, first in my native Albia, then in Rome..and finally in the great eastern city of Byzantium. And there at last I found my chance to avenge my kin and seek my freedom. A dark night, a sharp knife, and blood answered for blood shed. I stole a horse from their stables and I rode eastward, neither knowing nor caring whither I rode, only that I was free, a-horse, and my kin were avenged.

And there, somewhere upon the great plains I met with another tribe that brought memories of my own. Although different in face and form, they lived free beneath the stars as warriors and herdsman. They honored their women as they did their men. And they treasured the horse as did the Celtoi. Lo now these many years I have made with them my home.
Here I am welcomed for the skill of my needle and for my bardcraft, and for the strength of my arm with the bow. These are my people now, and this my home.

Iofa ferch Macsen  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:58 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff