What does your Screenname Mean? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:49 pm
I love hearing where everyone's names came from! I only wish I could remember my story! It must've been dull....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:06 am
I am WindWhisperer, a scholar of, a teacher of, a companion of, the tamer of, conqueror of & prodigious master of the WIND GODS. The all powerful great goddess...the beloved .....

The name WindWhisperer, is the title of a poem. The poetic work is by a close friend from my university days. The person felt this name and the poetic work suited me. At least my lifestyle of then.
When I arrived here, on Gaia....someone had decided that they too enjoy the stylings of the name. I doubt they realize that it is a poem, nor that it has great meaning, and that it has an immense history. It`s a glorious crest for my inner spirit to thrill within and to carry as memories of my past.

WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

LacertaRex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:16 pm
I wish I had a great story on how I got this name...ok, here goes:
Before I found Gaia, I decided to sign up for a Harry Potter message board (I don't remember which one...hee hee) and decided on a name written in Latin. That would be kinda cool, wouldn't it? After playing around a bit with a Latin translator, I plugged in "Lizard King" and out popped "Lacerta Rex."
I guess the only drawback to my name is the "lace" at the beginning of Lacerta...it confuses people into thinking I'm female! I thought the "Rex" at the end would prevent confusion but noooooo...

Sam...Proud owner of the name "Luh-sur-tuh Wrecks"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:53 pm
LacertaRex
I wish I had a great story on how I got this name...ok, here goes:
Before I found Gaia, I decided to sign up for a Harry Potter message board (I don't remember which one...hee hee) and decided on a name written in Latin. That would be kinda cool, wouldn't it? After playing around a bit with a Latin translator, I plugged in "Lizard King" and out popped "Lacerta Rex."
I guess the only drawback to my name is the "lace" at the beginning of Lacerta...it confuses people into thinking I'm female! I thought the "Rex" at the end would prevent confusion but noooooo...

Sam...Proud owner of the name "Luh-sur-tuh Wrecks"

Welcome Back smile  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Fatal_H1larity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:13 pm
Well, my username is fairly simple; it simply means "Death as a result of laughter". I wish it didn't have the "1" in there, but the normal spelling was taken, apparently.

Fatal Hilarity  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:08 pm
simple Sleeping: It's what I do most (12-14 hours a day) because I tire very easily.
Bear: I'm 6'4" and hairy. 'nuff said
(my wife started the bear part, nd one of my riding buddies the sleeping)  

Sleeping_Bear

YanniSlur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:42 pm
Well my closest friend dubbed me as the babbling bat waay back in high school...the babble part is for the fact that I tend to ramble on and on if you get me started and bat was for my love of the character duo maxwell from gundam wing xp ...or batman too...he was the very first superhero I watched on tv and I thought Michael Keaton was very cute
...I can watch the first movie with Jack Nicholson as the joker over an over :3

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:02 pm
I'm an art major and while studying art history learned of the ancient roman practice of damnatio memoriae. literally translated means damnation of memory. The Romans held all imagery and portraiture in high regard. So the worst thing you could do was to desecrate the image of another. The most famous damnatio memoriae was that of Geta, brother of Caracalla. Both were set to rule Rome in separate halves. Of course Caracalla wanted the whole shebang and had his brother Geta murdered. He Then ordered that all images of Geta be destroyed. Romans even went as far as to scratch Geta's face off of coins and then continue to use them. Caracalla himself used his fecal matter to annihilate a family portrait (eww). I thought the story and the name was pretty cool. whee  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ellavemia

7,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey cool thread I never noticed before. Thanks for finding it, damnatio.

My SN is simple. My real name is Aimee Valle. Reversed that would be ellaVeemiA which isn't that pleasant to look at so I drop the E and there you have it. Funny thing, before I got married all my SNs were Sorcemia. My name was Aimee Cross, which reversed became ssorCeemiA. I dropped two letters in that situation and I was rather fond of that name, but I like being called Ella now.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:56 pm
Hmm, dittos. Mine's just a combination of my names...but I don't like posting my name on the internet. sweatdrop So just rest assured that you're calling me something phonetically and semantically related to my real name. xd  

kekadu
Crew

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:59 pm
I've used the name EmilyScissorhands for a looong time now.

So long, in fact, that people in real life occasionally think my name's actually Emily.

See, Emily was a character in my novel. She was in it for less than two pages, and she was the first person of many to die in my novel series. My friend thought the character seemed a lot like me, and after she read that part, she asked, "Did you just kill yourself in your own novel?"

And thinking at the time that it was rather funny, I replied that I did.

And that's where the name Emily came from.

And Scissorhands, because Edward Scissorhands has been my favorite movie since third grade. It just really connected with me. I love the themes of alienation and artistic expression and fame.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:26 am
whoa... i oficially feel like a lameoid.

my name is poopily simple

i've been nicknamed bunny by my friends because i'm short, sweet, and furry (lots of curly hair).. and... heck... i luff bunnies.

bunny was already taken aparently, so i had to dress it up with some cool brackets.. although i've never seen anyone just named bunny... oh well.  

[[[ bunny ]]]

AQuAxXxScORP_62704

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:42 am
This was not my first account, since I was barely on here before, I would forget my passwords and I had some avatars since 03, this was before they created the I forgot my password link, so this is my second account I made, I made this account after I had my son since his dad is aquarius and I'm a scorpio....and my son's birthdate. But this became my main account after not remembering my password from the first avatar I've ever made.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:54 pm
From my original name, Akashas Pet, My friends called me Pet, and I liked it, But wanted to change akashas' Since it was named after my beloved kitty. x3. So I wanted to Keep Pet, and my friends said i was like a spork, so.. xDDD Thats how.  

Juliett Heart

Chaisami

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:20 pm
Mine is pretty stupid -I didn't know if I was going to like Gaia, so when I signed up, I used one of those exploding email addresses, so that I wouldn't get heaps of spam if this site was dodgy. The random address they gave me was chaisami@somethingorother. I tried a couple of other user names with no luck, so I typed this in and got it! I don't mind it though.  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff