Reply 21+
Work Pet Peeves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:49 pm
I work at a video rental store. My biggest pet peeve are the customers that get pissed off about Widescreen/Fullscreen movies. I've had people yell at me and throw movies at me simply because I gave them Widescreen instead of Fullscreen. (Most of the population prefers Fullscreen, which I don't understand. You see much more of the picture if Widescreen.)

I also work at Hot Topic. What bothers me most there are the really obnoxious kids that come into the store. Or the ones that say, "Only posers shop in this store." Very annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:40 pm
Well after I failed to stock three sodas last week they dramatically cut my hours--

This morning I made a sleepy posting error in credit cards-- a big mistake. I'm a little worried I might not have a job anymore sad  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Super Buick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:00 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Well after I failed to stock three sodas last week they dramatically cut my hours--

This morning I made a sleepy posting error in credit cards-- a big mistake. I'm a little worried I might not have a job anymore sad

that's a huge bundle of horseshit if they fire you for that. everyone makes mistakes. it's human nature.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Super Buick
AntoniaMerEnfant

that's a huge bundle of horseshit if they fire you for that. everyone makes mistakes. it's human nature.

I'm just worried because they've been making things so strict lately.

I -loved- my job about three months ago (Yonsan can vouch, I always talked about what a good place it is to work)- but with the increase of all the rules, everyone getting chewed out all the time, and new guest policies that the desk workers are having to enforce-- it's become less than pleasant. I just need to be able to keep my job one more month until I move.

It's bad if I lose it now- I need every penny for rent and moving costs.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

RisuNyfiken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:52 pm
I think I might have mentioned earlier that I work in a library. So far to this day my biggest work pet peeve...

Cockroaches, that came in the with patrons' items, and while they stand their and watch me check them back in. Then yell at me for putting the fugly bugs in the DVD cases.

:shudder:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:54 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant

I'm with Buick, everyone makes mistakes!!!! Let us know how you go, I'll be crossing my fingers for you....  

Doressa
Captain

RisuNyfiken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:59 pm
Super Buick
i could go on and on about things that piss me off at my current job, but the one that irks me most right now is this. there are a couple women at my shop, which isn't what bothers me. what bothers me is that they've been there 6 months each and make 40 cents more per hour than me. they both also spend the entire day chatting it up with each other. they also start working an hour after the shift started and start cleaning up an hour before the end of the shift. typically, we're only allowed 15 minutes to a half hour of cleanup time a day. yet, they get away with it. however, the one time i was waiting 15 minutes for parts, i got reamed out for not doing anything. where's the fairness in that??

I feel your pain. I've worked with people like that....frequently.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:01 pm
RisuNyfiken
I think I might have mentioned earlier that I work in a library. So far to this day my biggest work pet peeve...

Cockroaches, that came in the with patrons' items, and while they stand their and watch me check them back in. Then yell at me for putting the fugly bugs in the DVD cases.

I can't believe people do that!!!!! That is disgusting!!! I'd leap a mile!  

Doressa
Captain

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:33 pm
RisuNyfiken

O_O'  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:50 pm
Guess what I'm yet another library worker. We are plentiful in this guild.

I’m on the low end of the totem pole…for now. (Yes Risu I have my resume ready to go once the position is posted.)

I didn't get a lunch today because my coworker left half an hour later than she was assinged to. This pushed things so close together that we didn't have enough people to cover all the different areas needed because a coworker also call in sick today.

Now, she didn't leave on time because one of the ref librarians wasn't back from running her errands and they were supposed to have lunch together.

I'm annoyed and hungry....grrrr.

At least today she isn't making me to her job too. I love working the work of two people especially when they get paid twice as much as me.  

Noirkaze

RisuNyfiken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:14 pm
Noirkaze
Guess what I'm yet another library worker. We are plentiful in this guild.

I’m on the low end of the totem pole…for now. (Yes Risu I have my resume ready to go once the position is posted.)

At least today she isn't making me to her job too. I love working the work of two people especially when they get paid twice as much as me.

Someday you will get your chance to get out of that department (seriously hoping it's the postition with more hours though).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:44 pm
I am grateful to have the weekend off, but I still cannot escape the calls from work asking me if I can work next week... on a day I'm already scheduled to work... from one of my least favourite coworkers who has been seriously ticking everybody off lately.  

Sheboygan Milad

Moonwynne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:41 pm
i work at a day care... >.>

my biggest pet peeve, honestly, is my co-workers, lol. i have nothing in common with any of them, so i feel like the odd one, even the schoolagers call me the "goofy teacher".

cleaning the boys bathroom when i close. ew... >.< they piss all over the place!

having to go in at the beginning of nap time, just so i can sit in a dark room watching kids sleep for 2 hrs >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:02 pm
What about unusual customer stories?

I work right next to a place that sells alcohol. There's this one guy that comes in my video rental store.... He's ALWAYS wearing headphones and a fedora. I've never seen him without them. Anyway, he walks in, slams his hand on the desk, and yells, "I WANT BOOZE!!!"

And I'm like, " eek That way. *points*"

Then he screams, "I WANT 5 DOLLAR BOOZE!!"

And I'm like, *whimper* "Next door."

And he walks off. It was actually kinda scary. I think he's a hobo too.  

EmilyScissorhands

Noirkaze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:20 am
EmilyScissorhands
I work at a video rental store. My biggest pet peeve are the customers that get pissed off about Widescreen/Fullscreen movies. I've had people yell at me and throw movies at me simply because I gave them Widescreen instead of Fullscreen. (Most of the population prefers Fullscreen, which I don't understand. You see much more of the picture if Widescreen.)

I also work at Hot Topic. What bothers me most there are the really obnoxious kids that come into the store. Or the ones that say, "Only posers shop in this store." Very annoying.

I love it when they come back after getting home all pissed off because they grabbed the wrong formatting and get annoyed that they can't just swap them out. (I worked in a video store most of last year as a shift leader)  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff