Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:58 am
Quote:
Moroccan wins Holocaust cartoon contest By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer
Thu Nov 2, 8:42 AM ET

TEHRAN, Iran - Ignoring widespread condemnation, Iran awarded the top prize in a Holocaust cartoon contest to a Moroccan artist for his depiction of Israel's security wall with a picture of the Auschwitz concentration camp on it.

The organizers of the exhibit — meant as a response to the Danish cartoons of Islam's Prophet Muhammad that enraged many Muslims — awarded Abdollah Derkaoui $12,000 Wednesday for his work depicting an Israeli crane piling large cement blocks on Israel's security wall and gradually obscuring Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. A picture of Auschwitz appears on the wall.

The mosque is Islam's third-holiest site.

Iranian officials said they wanted to emphasize that Palestinians were the indirect victims of the Nazi's killing of 6 million Jews in Europe during World War II.

"Palestinians have been victim of a deceptive history by Zionists," Iranian Culture Minister Hossein Saffar Harandi was quoted Thursday as saying by the conservative daily Kayhan. "The cartoonists expressed their hate against oppressors and their love toward (Palestinian) victims in their works."

The contest generated little coverage in the Iranian press and many ordinary Iranians expressed little interest, or criticized the exhibit as unnecessarily provocative.

Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, however, has called for Israel to be destroyed, and Tehran has several times announced plans to host a conference to examine the scientific evidence supporting the Holocaust, dismissing it as exaggerated.

"The Iranian regime has unfortunately joined the obscene chorus of Holocaust denial," Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said. "It is surely a historic tragedy that the leadership of a country has adopted such a hateful agenda."

He said that until now, only neo-Nazi groups had been denying the existence of the Holocaust.

The State Department has slammed the exhibit at Tehran's Museum of Contemporary Arts, calling it an outrageous attempt to "denigrate the horror that was the holocaust."

French Foreign Ministry spokesman Denis Simonneau said "This 'contest' does not interest us."

The display in Tehran, comprising 204 entries from Iran and abroad, opened in August. Carlos Latuff of Brazil and A. Chard of France jointly won the second prize of $8,000, and Iran's Shahram Rezai received $5,000 for third place, the organizers said.

Chard regularly draws cartoons for Rivarol, a small weekly whose director is expected to face trial next year for running an interview in which extreme-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen denied the brutality of the Nazi rule. France has very strict laws against denying the Holocaust.

Hajar Smouni of Reporters Without Borders said the Paris-based media rights group was shocked by the "very poor taste" of the contest. He said Tehran was far from showing the same degree of openness to local journalists who publish caricatures criticizing Iranian rulers.

"This is not proof of their open-mindedness or their acceptance of the fundamental principles of freedom of expression," he said.

The Tehran daily Hamshahri, a co-sponsor of the exhibition, said it wanted to test the West's tolerance for drawings about the Holocaust. The entries on display came from nations including United States, Indonesia and Turkey.

The exhibit drew few crowds, apart from students in state-run schools who were brought by their teachers.

Iranian media didn't comment on the competition Thursday apart from reporting its outcome. None reproduced the winning cartoons.

"The exhibition had no remarkable impact on public opinion," said Gohar Dashti, a professor at the Soureh Art University in Tehran. "It was neither a concern of students nor of the media."

Some people on the streets of Tehran voiced skepticism about the contest.

"Drawing cartoons ... isn't a good way to solve real and old problems," said Ahmad Nasiri, a 23-year-old student. "Denying the Holocaust through cartoons doesn't contribute to humanity."

The exhibit curator, Masoud Shojai, said, however, that the contest will be an annual event.

"Actually, we will continue until the destruction of Israel," he said. The museum is next to the Palestinian Embassy, which was the Israeli diplomatic mission before the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Another ma'sim ra'im courtesy of the:

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 am
The Lord's Prayer in Hebrew
אבינו שבשמים
יתקדש שמך
תבוא מלכותך, יעשה רצונך
כבשמים כן בארץ.
את לחם חקנו תן לנו היום,
וסלח לנו על חטאינו
כפי שסולחים גם אנחנו לחוטאים לנו.
ואל תביאנו לידי נסיון, כי אם חלצנו מן הרע.

Transliteration:

Avinu shebashamayim,
yitkadesh shimkha,
Tavo malkhutkha, ye'aseh rtsonkha
kvashamayim ken ba'arets.
Et lekhem khukeynu ten lanu hayom,
uslakh lanu al khateynu
kfi shesolkhim gam anakhnu lakhotim lanu.
V'al tvi'eynu lidey nisayon, ki im khaltseynu min hara. Ahmain!

Our Father, who art in heaven
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.  

famusamu
Captain

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:25 pm
Then Y'shua said to him, "Put your sword back into its place, for all those who take the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

Saddam lived his whole life by the sword and on the graves of thousands of people. Saddam went to his death unrepentant and full of lies. He recited a verse from the quran which did him no good. His last words were the biggest lies of all 'allah' hu akkbar and 'palestine' is Arab. 'allah hu akkbar' translates to 'allah' is the greatest... allah is the name of the Arab moon deity hubal... if Saddam wanted to speak truth in his last words he should have said Yasuo' hu AKKBAR!... Jesus is the GREATEST! As for his remark about 'palestine' I think he wanted those de facto Arabs living in Arab-occupied Israel to 'revenge' his death against his enemy, Israel. So far no Arab group other than the 'palestinians' have really been saddened or vowed revenge on his death.

I think that what we as Christians should do is pray for Iraq and that the LORD leads it's people to accept the Truth that is Y'shua (Jesus) and give them the boldness to shout Yasuo' hu AKKBAR! Yasuo' al RAB!!(Jesus is the GREATEST!! and Jesus is LORD!) Let us also remember those killed in Iraq's holocaust, not only the 143 in Dujail but the 100's of 1000's of Kurds and other Iraqis we are just finding out about!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:21 am
User Image

This could happen to you!

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom but I don't know what got into me, so I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them
"No.......I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously...
"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!"  

famusamu
Captain

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:15 am
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile I have been sick  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:43 pm
That's Ok  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Bump for general joy  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 am
Shalom Chaver,

I am sorry that I haven't been on here lately. My duties to my family and to other websites have kept me from here. I am a moderator on both www.xianz.com and on www.dittytalk.com Those sites keep me pretty occupied. They are great sites that are Christian alternatives to Myspace.
You can find me on either under the name Shmuel_ariel.

I will check in on here when I can. If you need me I have both yahoo and MSN.

Shmuel_ariel@yahoo.com is my yahoo

swfirm@adelphia.net is my MSN

G-d bless and Shalom!
Shmuely  

famusamu
Captain

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 pm
hey peeps sorry I haven't been on much, my wife has a tumor in her lung and I have been running her to the doctor. She has to have surgery on it friday keep us in prayers! thanx!
Shalom
Shmuely  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:50 pm
Shalom again all, well tomorrow (Friday the 1st) is 'D Day', when my wife Stephanie goes in and has the mass removed from her lung and possible the whole right lung. Just a reminder that your thoughts and prayers would be most greatly appreciated. Pray that the Doctor has a steady hand and is able to keep from removing the whole right lung. Pray that Stephanie recovers quickly, and that G-d will provide for our finances. Pray that the kids will behave while she is gone. Pray I don't go nuts!! Oy!!! I thank you all for your encouragement and love!
Shalom v'ahava,
Shmuely  

famusamu
Captain

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:13 pm
Shalom all! Well Steph came through her surgery alright. She had to have her right lung removed . She is in the SICU doing very well. I really hated to leave her but I must be home with the kids. I praise the LORD she is in good hands and on her way to recovery! I'll keep you posted! Thank you for your continued prayer and G-d bless!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:45 pm
Praise God for her healing ^_^
Sorry, I wasn't checking in here as much. But I am glad she is well!

With a right lung removed...will she be able to lead an active life?  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:37 pm
Shalom all... Steph is out of the ICU! Baruch ha Shem Adonai! She is getting better, is walking and using the potty ok smile

G-d bless all!!
Shmuely

BTW yes she can live an active full life, just has to take it easy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:42 am
GREAT NEWS MY WIFE STEPH COMES HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE G-D!!!!! I am still in shock!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for prayer!!!  

famusamu
Captain

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:40 pm
biggrin

Yes, praise his holy name.

Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff