6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Claire
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Charlie
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Other... (Sun, Walt, Vincent (yes, the dog) Hurley, etc...)
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 60

Hillbilly Hikari

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:26 am
Quote:

Quote:

Nolah

vampiric_lust
Mrs Peregrin Took

vampiric_lust
Like in the first episode where Jack is running around the beach and Shannon is standing in the background just screaming bloody murder.

YES! Jeeze! I was yelling at my tv! That was the most annoying part of this entire season! If I was in a plane crash, I'd be crying and in shock too but then I would start trying to help!

I was shaking my head and wondering why that reminded me so much of some of my friends...

Panicking is fine, but you should try to be productive! I was seriously considering flying to Hawaii and going postal on her a**. I couldn't stand her for the longest time after that. Come to think of it, still can't much. Go figure.

Personally, I think Shannon standing around screaming is the most realisitic part. You all SAY you'd be helping, but until it actually happens to you, how do you know? How are you SO SURE that you wouldn't just be panicking? I'd like to think I'd be level-headed and sure-minded, but I can't know. You can't either!

Oh, I didn't say I wouldn't panic. I just wouldn't stand around screaming like that. Trust me, I've been in crisis situations more than once already and I'm always level headed. A plane crash is much more than I've been through, but I wouldn't be pulling a Shannon.

If Sawyer is misunderstood than so is Shannon domokun That is my childish answer because Shannon has grown on me even though she is usually the stereotype that I hate the most-pretty, rich, spoiled, bitchy and lazy etc. But there's more depth to her, she's showing more sides to her and I think Sayid is bringing that out in her and that with Boone gone she'll evolve even further. I know there are tons of Lost fans out there who wanted Shannon to die instead but that's the way things went. I think every character should be carefully considered before you immediately cross them off the list...God, I'm probably sounding really stupid right now but that's my opinion. And like it was already stated, you've never been in that situation before so you wouldn't know how the handle it. What was Sawyer doing? Probably hoarding everyone's luggage.

I agree with you wholheartedly Nolah. It's wrong to judge someone when you haven't been in their position. And while yes I realize these are ALL fictional characters, ya'll are still judging them as though they are real; therefore, logically you can't be "two-faced" about the subject. You either have to judge all of them as real people or judge all of them as fictional characters.

Think about plane crashes that have been braodcasted on TV. REal, live plane crashes. When all is said and done, there have been people that pull a "Shannon" because they can't handle what's happened to them, they've been through a huge trauma and can't handle it. And there have been people that pull a "Jack", although I think he was a bit exaggerated for being drunk, bleeding, and having a gash in his back (I think it was his back). But since, as proven, wthe majority of the human population is not level headed during a crisis or trauma; I agree that Shannon standing around screaming was the most realistic thing about the plance crash...well that and Charlie stumbling around aimlessly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:38 am
I think that Jack is a good person who just has to be helping constantly. But Kate is just a self-centered trying to be trustworthy person. Shannon is becoming a better person, but I still hate her.  

pink_chaos

Tsunuffy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:24 am
pink_chaos
I think that Jack is a good person who just has to be helping constantly. But Kate is just a self-centered trying to be trustworthy person. Shannon is becoming a better person, but I still hate her.

I think Jack is just a good person who can't say no when people say, "Help us, Jack!" and, "Lead us, Jack!"

I can't say that I think Kate is self-centered. I think she just doesn't like to get no as an answer. She feels that she has to be there or something bad will happen, I imagine. Sort of the opposite of Hurley, who, really, if he's such bad luck for everyone else... maybe he should volunteer to carry the dangerous dynamite, then?

You see, the question asked is a difficult one, because, while I dislike Shannon, and she's probably my least favorite character, that doesn't mean I hate her, or that I'm disinterested in her story. Her story is basically a parallel of Sawyer's arc, in that they're both introduced to us as rude, mean, intolerable people, who over time have begun to change. So, if you hate her, you must REALLY hate Sawyer, who is mostly the same way, only meaner, really. I mean, Shannon is just rude, and whenever she's cruel, it's because she doesn't think. But Sawyer, especially in the beginning, could be truly cruel, and he does it on purpose.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:18 pm
I don't like kate. Not that she's a hateful charcter or anything. She just doesn't appeal to my taste. And i dont' like hurely much either. he's got a good story and all. but i just don't like him.  

thefooltook

Enduring Wife

8,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Pizopizopizo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:45 pm
I HATE JACK AND SHANNON!!! ARRGH!
well, shannon is just shallow and selfish but JACK! i mean, he's not evil or anything but he lives by strictly good morals and is always so honest! he's no fun at all...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:10 am
blacksheepmails
I HATE JACK AND SHANNON!!! ARRGH!
well, shannon is just shallow and selfish but JACK! i mean, he's not evil or anything but he lives by strictly good morals and is always so honest! he's no fun at all...

Yes, that's absolutely horrible! Good people suck!

crying Wish I knew that before I went about trying to be one.  

Tsunuffy

kute_koala4

5,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:49 am
I don't like Shannon 'cause she's a snob! mad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:01 am
Masae
Shannon's not a snob, she's just a spoiled, immature b***h. Wih everything that's happened to her on the island, I can only assume that she'll become more mature and more likeable as the series progresses, that is, if she survives past the second season.

If you want to see a snob, you should look toward Jack and the occasional Boone.  

Tyo Blu
Crew

Tsunuffy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:11 am
Tyo
Masae
Shannon's not a snob, she's just a spoiled, immature b***h. Wih everything that's happened to her on the island, I can only assume that she'll become more mature and more likeable as the series progresses, that is, if she survives past the second season.

If you want to see a snob, you should look toward Jack and the occasional Boone.

Plus, she's only twenty, you know. So it's not like she's been an adult for that long, and she has plenty of time to change. (Assuming she doesn't get dead, of course.) And let's face it, most adults don't even act like adults all the time. See: Sawyer. Who is, really, quite a bit older than Shannon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:24 am
I don't hate but I dislike Lock. He pisses me off!  

malissgray

Maliciousness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:36 pm
What happend tot he more recent 'Hate' Topic?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:17 am
I don't have a problem with any of them... except for shannon! She was so useless and winey! What is even the point of her character? I'm glad they killed her off, but i feel bad for Sied! Even though i don't understand why he even liked herin the first place, i feel sorry for him.  

DazedandConfuzed27

Maliciousness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:05 pm
I think it sucks that she died right when she was getting better. She wasn't such a b***h towards the end.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:44 am
Locke.
He makes me shudder.
And Jack is an a*****e.  

Sectumsempra

LostRocks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:46 am
I hate kate, mainly because she just goes from jack to sawyer and back to jack again >.>  
Dead/Old/Zombie threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff