I love it!
  Not at all.
  It's just something I do.
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:48 pm
giggles6172
Mmmmm..... I love cooking and baking I will have to pull out some of my mom's recipes that I use from being passed down over generations. I can not wait to see what comes next.

Yay! Look forward to seeing them! It's so nice to have somewhere to go when looking for inspiration for dinner!!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:34 pm
sara-ane
This is my favorite recipe because it's wonderful, fast, and you can microvave it!

Tiger Butter
One LB white chocolate (cut into one inch square peices)
16 oz cruncy Peanut Butter
One cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

Microwave the white chocolate for 2 mins
stir and blend in the peanut butter
Microwave again for 2 mins
in a seperate bowl microwave the chocolate for 2 mins
as that is cooking pour your white chocolate/peanut butter mixture in a baking pan WITH SIDES. Spread it all out and make it as even as you can
As artfully as you can, spread the melted chocolate over the mixture making the 'tiger' stripes.
Put some clear plastic over the whole pan and refregerate for at LEAST two hours (I away do overnight)
Enjoy!

I have made this on several occasions and it is always a hit. People can't believe how easy it is!

WARNING: Do not make this unless you have a great deal of self control. It is GOOD and you will want to eat it all.  

Prince Mykal

gorath64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:40 am
I love to cook when I'm feeling up to it and my best dish is Pot Roast with homemade gravy and homemade mashed potatoes.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:46 am
The different types of food are making me hungry and I haven't eaten yet so I will leave and come back. Incidently how I make my pot roast dinner is to slow cook the pot roast in this glass dish and season it with garlic cloves, parsley, meat tenderizer, black pepper/red peppers. I turn the oven on 225 and it cooks for about 3 to 4 hours. The mashed potatoes I add butter, parmesan cheese, evaporated milk. The gravy I use the drippings from the roast, cut up onions, garlic, parsley, season salt, sugar and slow cook this. I can't give you measurements of these things because I just season to taste.  

gorath64

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:39 am
Sounds yummy!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 pm
*revives thread*

I've really taken a liking to steamed fish recently. It's so light and healthy and showcases the fish. Unfortunately, fish is kind of expensive and goes bad fast, so I don't get to eat it as much as I'd like.

I generally do something like this, but a bit simpler.

kekadu's steamed fish

Ingredients:
White fish fillet(s)
Sliced green onion
Fresh ginger (minced, diced, or sliced)

I take some kind of fresh white fish (that doesn't smell like anything but ocean...the key to good fish) and arrange it on a heatproof (oven/stove/etc. stoneware) plate. I slice up some green onions and put that on top, and put either a little bit of minced/diced/couple slices of fresh ginger on it too. Then I stick it in a steamer basket and put it over a pot with a few inches of water in it. Once the water is boiling, I steam the fish until it's firm, usually about 10-15 minutes.

Sometimes I like to make a sauce to go with it, too, but it's good with just soy sauce. For a sauce, I like to take some fresh orange juice and mix in a little bit of cornstarch and maybe a bit of hoisin or plum sauce. I usually serve all of this with rice and some stir fried fresh veggies. biggrin

Man, I wish I could eat this right now. *sigh*  

kekadu
Crew

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm
I have a question-

I heard about this raw tomato scare, but I enjoy raw tomatoes in my salad. Also, I used to grow tomatoes. Does anyone know if this scare is a temporary thing or not? Was it just a batch of bad tomatoes?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
I have a question-

I heard about this raw tomato scare, but I enjoy raw tomatoes in my salad. Also, I used to grow tomatoes. Does anyone know if this scare is a temporary thing or not? Was it just a batch of bad tomatoes?

I bet it was just temporary...food scares like this happen all the time. There was a spinach scare a while back and I've eaten plenty of spinach since then and not gotten sick. If you want to be cautious, I bet scrubbing your tomatoes under running water would work well. smile

I love tomatoes too...so excited for the summer tomato season!  

kekadu
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 am
kekadu
*revives thread*

I've really taken a liking to steamed fish recently. It's so light and healthy and showcases the fish. Unfortunately, fish is kind of expensive and goes bad fast, so I don't get to eat it as much as I'd like.

I generally do something like this, but a bit simpler.

kekadu's steamed fish

Ingredients:
White fish fillet(s)
Sliced green onion
Fresh ginger (minced, diced, or sliced)

I take some kind of fresh white fish (that doesn't smell like anything but ocean...the key to good fish) and arrange it on a heatproof (oven/stove/etc. stoneware) plate. I slice up some green onions and put that on top, and put either a little bit of minced/diced/couple slices of fresh ginger on it too. Then I stick it in a steamer basket and put it over a pot with a few inches of water in it. Once the water is boiling, I steam the fish until it's firm, usually about 10-15 minutes.

Sometimes I like to make a sauce to go with it, too, but it's good with just soy sauce. For a sauce, I like to take some fresh orange juice and mix in a little bit of cornstarch and maybe a bit of hoisin or plum sauce. I usually serve all of this with rice and some stir fried fresh veggies. biggrin

Man, I wish I could eat this right now. *sigh*

That sounds amazing!! I'm definitely going to try it!!!! 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 am
NANNA’S SHORTBREAS
INGREDIENTS
250g butter
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup rice flour
2 ½ cups plain flour

METHOD
Preheat oven to 150C. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Sift flour and mix in butter forming a dough.
Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Roll dough to approximately 1cm thick and cut into shapes using a cookie cutter.
Bake for 15-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool before storing in an air-tight container.

I like to make them smaller/thinner and bake at 140C in a fan-forced oven for 10-12 mins. I've taken them to work and given them as gifts at Christmas - everyone loves them! heart  

Sablara
Vice Captain

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:08 pm
Short breadddd.... *drool* I can't have that stuff around me or I have no self control and gobble it down. sweatdrop  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff