Submit

Do you speak another language?
  Yes!
  No
  Maybe a little bit...
View Results

willow-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:32 pm
i realize this thread is like two months old, but i thought i'd add to it anyway! xD

i speak english (duh) and enough spanish to (barely) get me by if i'm around spanish-speaking people -- i took it in middle school & high school. i also speak some hindi and plan to become fluent in it (my boyfriend is from india). i'd like to learn punjabi too, but i don't know that it'll ever happen (i'm worried i'll confuse it with the hindi if i try). i'm a big fan of anime & j-pop/rock, so i know a bit of japanese, too.

i know some american sign language, as well -- the alphabet and various words & phrases.

i'm also a classically-trained singer, and i've sung in french, italian, german, latin, spanish, hindi, and japanese. i can read most of these languages pretty fluently, but i don't always know what i'm saying, heh.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:46 pm
I always get a nice surprise when someone posts in an old thread!

You speak bits and pieces of HEAPS of languages!! I need to travel more...

Doressa
Captain

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:29 pm
私は日本語を話して、でも私の日本語は少し経たですね。。(^_^);

In English, it says "I speak Japanese but my Japanese is pretty darn bad," more or less. I took eight semesters of Japanese in undergrad but I'm way out of practice ;__;  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:25 pm
いしょにれんしゅうしましょうか。  

Doressa
Captain

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:06 am
Doressa
いしょにれんしゅうしましょうか。

はい、良いでしょうね! :D  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:35 pm
私はかんじがへたですよ。ねっさちゃんはひらがなつかいませんか。  

Doressa
Captain

AnarKya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:35 am
My native language is french, I learned english by surfing the net and watching american TV. I am french-canadian.
I know a litle bit of german also.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:37 am
I speak a little bit of French, but it's very bad! Your English is GREAT!  

Doressa
Captain

wingedorange

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:56 pm
I took 2 years of French in high school, two semesters of it in college, and then a random semester of Spanish my freshman year of college (which I hated). I really would like to learn American Sign Language fluently - right now I can do most of the alphabet and some random signs, like "pony," "dog," "cat," "merry-go-round"...I know mostly animals, which doesn't help me a whole lot. wink

I'd also love to learn Hawaiian. It's not very practical, but it's a beautiful language.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:17 pm
I've always been really interested in sign language, but have been put off learning it since discovering that every country has its own! It seems very unfair to me that a poor deaf person has to learn a whole new language when they visit another English speaking country, don't you think?  

Doressa
Captain

Teviri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:41 am
I'm currently learning Spanish and Italian on my own, and taking Mandarin Chinese at college next semester.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:59 pm
I learnt French at school, and know enough Italian to get by, plus a few essentail Greek phrases (use your imagination here, lol)  

solitary_escapee

Yil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:14 am
native language is turkish, i can speak german a little bit english, trying to find my spanish knowlege again sweatdrop and i can read arabian but dont understand it xD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:22 am
lightprincess03
Doressa
Do any of you guys speak or learn any foreign languages? I'm attempting French and Japanese and considering taking up another, and maybe we could practise together?

im kinda being forced to learn spanish cuz my husband and his family who we live with are Puerto Rican and his mom doesn't speak english that well.

I'm quoting myself on this one.. still haven't learned much spanish... lol.. but my son will.. everyone speaks spanish to him... biggrin  

lightprincess03

21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces