Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Doux Housing District
1402: Damen Daniels Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:55 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

With: Damen l Activity: Crying l Status: Healthy l Relationship Status: Single

Mark wanted to be normal like Damen, he really wished that he could. To hold down a stable job and be successful. To be kind, confident, intelligent, attractive, and talented like him, truthfully Damen was everything Mark wished that he could be. In the younger man's eyes the two of them were on opposite ends of the spectrum. But then when the other man spoke and stated that he believed that the troubled nineteen year old could rise out of it. He let out a small and humorless chuckle 'I wish I could believe that...' he thought quietly to himself before he made his quiet request of Damen. However just as the young man was about to try and force out some kind of explanation he blinked a little bit and looked up in surprise when the other man offered the guest room for him to rest. Mark would stare in surprise for a moment before a small smile formed on his face, a small nap did sound nice right about now. Usually whenever Mark got like this he'd become lethargic with little desire to do much of anything. So with that in mind Mark would slowly stand up, hoping that after a small nap he'd be in a better place to talk about his troubles instead of when he was on the verge of having a panic attack "T..thank you Damen..." he mumbled a little bit before slowly making his way to where he had learned was the guest room which also doubled as Damen's work office. Mark would slowly climb into the bed and rested his head against the pillow as he faced the wall staring into it. Almost immediately he felt his eyes grow heavy with a sudden but expected exhaustion as he took a small early afternoon nap to the sound of the rainfall outside.

(OOC: )

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:27 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

--:::------::------------------->⛥<--------------------::------:::---
                                                              Where: At Home
                                                              With: Mark
                                                              Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Asleep||Single
                                                              Voice: Generally calm and shines through some of the democracy without sounding stuck up.
                                                              Address: 1419 Doux

Damen wasn't sure what to think of the chuckle. Either Mark didn't agree with him or he was feeling better. But it didn't matter. Still remembering how it had been when younger, it was only to be expected they might be tired after such an outburst of tears. So the demon was glad when his friend accepted the offer to take a nap in the guest room. As for Damen, he would just put the house a bit in order while Mark slept. The man cleaned up the bathroom, put the towels in the washing machine and did the dishes. At some point he had only quietly walked into the guestroom to place the glass of water on the desk with the pc, in case his friend got thirsty, and left again closing the door softly.

When he was done with the small chores, he sat on the couch to wait, turned off the television and leaned back with a book he was reading after a last glance at the rain outside. It really was a bit of a dreary day. Damen didn't deny that. It was a day for staying inside and rest or sleep. Not that it was a bad thing. Sometimes it was really nice. The man also didn't expect Mark to wake up soon, and he was glad for it. They seemed to need the rest right now. Sure enough though the demon fell into a peaceful sleep on the couch eventually as well while he was reading his book. Overall it was just a day for taking naps. And perhaps the weather would improve later and they could see if they could go somewhere if Mark would want to.

Profile: Damen Daniels

By Bi Blitz

-

[color=#8080ff]""[/color]
Later outfit image: [url=https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg]https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg[/url]
[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4SGvU.png[/img][/align]

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:49 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

As Mark laid there he thankfully slept a dreamless sleep as he napped on the bed. It was peaceful and Mark was out of it until well into the mid afternoon before he slowly woke up and stared at the wall in front of him. Where was he? This wasn't his room? However soon enough the memories of everything that happened earlier came flooding back to him and Mark curled in on himself for a moment. Why did that have to happen? No, don't linger on it! Damen insisted that he wasn't going to judge him for the cuts on his arms and he believed him! Still though Mark wasn't looking forward to explaining anything to Damen but still though. Maybe he could just pretend like it didn't happen? No, that wasn't a reasonable option in his opinion, he might need to actually share what he had done to himself so that Damen didn't worry too much. So with that Mark would rise from bed, only to be a bit surprised by the glass of water that was placed on the nearby desk. He smiled softly, happy to know that Damen was till looking out for him even with something as small as this. With that Mark would grab the glass and began to sip on it as he walked out of the guest room and to the kitchen where he finished the water and placed the glass into the sink. He would then walk into the quiet living room and was taken by surprise when he found the other man to be asleep. What did he do now? Should he leave? It seemed like the polite thing to do but...truthfully even if Mark didn't want to talk about it, he knew that he should explain it. But even then he didn't want to just wake the other man up so he stood there watching Damen for a moment before sitting down on the opposite end of the couch and just watched Damen for another minute or so before he closed his eyes again, content to just rest his eyes for a little while longer. Whenever Damen would wake up, Mark was sure to follow after since by this point he was only half asleep and just resting his eyes.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:16 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Where: Living Room
                                                              Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Talking to Mark||Single
                                                              Voice: Generally calm and shines through some of the democracy without sounding stuck up.

The man wasn't sure how long he had slept but he did find himself leaning back against the side of the couch and the book open on his chest. Though it didn't surprise him to much. He was still quite a bit tired from his hectic life back at the company and he did tend to fall asleep when reading. Though the demon assumed it was also aided by the fact of the sound of rain outside that lulled him to sleep. Damen sat up a bit with a slight yawn which was when he noticed Mark sitting on the couch next to him. At first he thought they had fallen asleep again, but then the other stirred and Damen smiled a bit. "It looks like we could both use some rest." he said gently and he closed his book before placing it on the table nearby.

"I hope I didn't make you wait for long. Are you feeling better?" he asked Mark, still worried about his friend and the drastic turn that the day had made. Clearly it had been something Mark hadn't want Damen to see but now it was all out in the open. That and some, the man had to admit. For now though his thoughts were more with Mark and how they would react now they had calmed down a bit. Damen didn't plan on abandoning them, nor did it seem like something they would ask of the demon considering their reaction and words before the rest.

By Bi Blitz

-

Later outfit image: [url=https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg]https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg[/url]

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

Mark would quietly note the sound of the other yawning and slowly opened his own eyes to see Damen smiling at him before then quietly nodding his head "Yeah...it can uh...get pretty...draining..." he was of course referring to his little breakdown earlier in the day. He still felt that small twinge of fear deep within his gut but he doubted that it would ever go away if he were being perfectly honest. Instead he simply shook his head at the others question and averted his gaze a bit "No, I was fine napping a bit here...and besides I...I suppose that I'm...w..well...as good as I..can be" he explained, figuring that being honest was better at this moment than lying and trying to pretend that everything was alright. Finally Mark lowered his gaze to the floor, now that he was calmer all the blind panic and fear had finally settled down and now he was left with a sense of overwhelming dread at this moment. He held out the hope however that Damen was a man who was true to his word, he'd proven it so far and there was no reason for Mark to believe otherwise. He took a deep breath and finally glanced over at Damen "Well..." he spoke softly before slowly reaching down and pulling the long sleeved shirt over his head and holding it in his lap. Mark figured that if he was going to explain the scars to Damen he might as well show most of them to the other man. He was trembling softly as he took a deep breath, he was baring his deepest secrets to Damen one scar at a time. Finally Mark forced himself to glance for a moment before averting his gaze right back to the floor once again "My...Parents were...super over protective of...me...and uh..well I was...home schooled most of my life..." he explained to the other man and from there he explained the simple version of his life and why he ended up the way he did "The..the bullying...it just...it got so bad...I felt numb...a..and I..I was scared...so I just...I....began to...well...you see it all now..." he stated as each scar suddenly felt as if it was burning under the open light "T..The reason I...I reacted...the way I..I did was b..because...during school..my jackets sleeve got..torn during a fight...and everyone..everyone saw my scars...I was mocked for it...was told awful things by...my...my peers...I...I couldn't handle it anymore..." he hugged himself a little bit as tears began to fall once again down his face "I swear...Damen..I....I'm not proud of...what I did next...." instead of saying it Mark instead moved his arms inwards to show several long and deep looking scars on his arms. Making what he'd attempted clear without saying anything.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:47 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Where: Living Room, Home
                                                              Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Talking with Mark||Single

Damen nodded when he heard his friend's reply. He had a feeling it would help. And full glad he was it indeed did. Though he was a bit surprised when Mark removed his shirt and placed it in his lap. An action that seemed to take quite some courage if the man were to judge by their trembling. Or perhaps they were just not used to being so bared anymore and they felt cold. Nonetheless, Damen didn't need to know Mark's life story if they weren't comfortable sharing it. But perhaps it would help them as well if they did tell Damen, so the demon just sat silently as he listened to what his friend told him. He wouldn't speak, lest he would make it even harder on Mark. He didn't need words to realize what Mark had attempted, the long deep scars told it all. It was horrible to hear what had happened to the other at the end, but not in the way that they seemed accustomed to. For Damen the horror part was more that his friend had been pushed so far to even consider it his only way out.

Hearing how they had treated him just prior to his attempt to kill himself, of course the demon could somewhat see why they had thought that way. But it was so much unnecessary suffering. Damen reached out and placed his hands on Mark's as he looked at the other. "I'm sorry to hear you felt like you had to resort to such drastic measures." he spoke finally once Mark finished. In truth the man wanted to reach out and give him a hug or dry his tears, but the last he wanted was to make his friend uncomfortable. "I can't change the history, or what has happened to you. But please, promise me that if you ever feel like it is the only way out again, to come to me." he added. "I'm not a professional and I can't give you professional advice, but I can listen to you and look for a solution with you." he spoke.

By now Damen really just wanted to protect Mark from everything, but he knew that wouldn't help either. But he could be there for the other when they needed him the most. As short a time as it had been, Damen truly enjoyed hanging out and visiting places with Mark. Not that he never had friends himself, but since they pretty much came from the same background, it was always the same boring events they would visit. It was almost difficult to imagine how different Mark and his life had been. Damen's parents had always supported him in everything, they even allowed him to grow up away from the other demons for his own safety. The man knew that he would one day need to share his own with Mark, if only to keep it balanced in sharing, but now was not the time, Damen preferred to focus on Mark for now. For them life could depend on it.

By Bi Blitz

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:34 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

With: Damen l Activity: Actually opening up l Status: Healthy l Relationship Status: Single

It wasn't easy for him to open up like this, it had been hard when he needed to tell his story to his therapist and everything else that came with it as well. However unlike his therapist whom he knew Damen to some extent and the other man had proven to be someone trustworthy, even if their friendship was still fresh. This thought was only cemented when he felt the other man place his hands over his own which caused Mark to look up and face the other man. The words were touching and the sentimentality caused a small smile to appear on Mark's face as he felt a small bit of fond warmth begin to blossom in his chest. It was nice to just have someone to listen and not judge him for anything. Mark would then blink a bit when the other man spoke once more and as Damen continued to speak the young man once again began to get a little bit teary eyed by the support that Damen was offering to him. It wasn't something that he was used to, to have someone who was so willing to to be a pillar of support without it being a part of their job description. He simply nodded his head a little bit as words eluded him for a moment before he found his voice "R..right...I p..promise..." Mark stated as he watched the other man for a moment before he couldn't help himself and quickly moved close enough to give Damen a hug just like he had done the other week. Normally he would have asked for the hug first but at this moment Mark was too emotional for rational thought "T..Thank you Damen...this..m..means a lot to me.." he thanked the other man as he held onto the hug for a small bit before slowly pulling away "That...felt really nice...to...actually open up...I guess my Therapist was uh...was right..." he stated with a small chuckle as he reached up to wipe tears from his eyes, a smile now resting on his face to show that he was doing much better now.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:07 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Where: Living Room, At Home
                                                              Orientation: Bisexual || Single
                                                              Status: Talking to Mark

It was surprising really, how quickly he had taken to care about Mark. But this event only showed that it wasn't something that was unwanted or unneeded. Damen truly had come to care about Mark a lot and to hear how bad his life had been up to know even hit the demon in his heart. And to see Mark so happy about something that for Damen seemed only common sense. When you care about someone you want to help them, in any way you can. Still he didn't feel content or relieved until he heard his friend promise that they would seek him out. The man didn't even want to consider the possibility he might find them dead someday otherwise. Unless their life here improved. When he heard Mark's words though, he smiled gently and nodded.

Though he didn't show it, this news had shocked Damen for sure. But it wasn't a friendship breaker. There was no way the man would abandon his friend. When Mark suddenly threw himself in a hug though, the demon was surprised at first, but then he chuckled a bit and returned the hug. It would seem his friend might need him a lot in the coming time, but for Damen it was fine. "I'm glad I can help, if only a little bit." he said and let go of the other when they pulled back. It was good to see them smile again. "Did they tell you to open up more?" Damen asked curiously, not surprised to hear about the therapist.

After that though Damen got up from the couch and looked at Mark. "Maybe now you want another cup of tea?" he asked with a smile. It was up to Mark if they wanted to put the shirt back on or not. Damen's house was comfortable enough in temperature, so it didn't matter what they preferred. The man waited for Mark's answer, considering they might as well stay here for today, it didn't look like the rain would let up anytime soon. At least not to Damen, he wasn't that known with the weather system yet after all.

By Bi Blitz

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 am
User Image
Mark Hyun

With: Damen l Activity: Actually opening up l Status: Healthy l Relationship Status: Single

Mark would grow a bit sheepish when the other man inquired about his therapists advice and he slowly nodded his head in response at first "They uh...they told me that I needed to um..t..to make f..friends and well...you know...be more open...." it of course as was all easier said than done, especially for Mark who was more than socially awkward. It probably helped that it seemed like Damen was a man with infinite patience and kindness because otherwise he felt like he wouldn't be nearly as lucky. Once the other offered another glass of tea Mark would nod his head to the offer "If it's um...not too much trouble?" he stated bashfully as Mark sat there on the couch fidgeting with the shirt in his hands. It felt strange to be so openly bare to another living being, for his scars to be in the open field of view but to not feel intense panic or fear. Was this just what being normal felt like? He had forgotten what it felt like. Still though it would probably come off as strange to remain shirtless so Mark would slide back into his long sleeved shirt as he felt the familiar comfort of his safety blanket so to speak. Still though Mark looked down at his sleeves for a moment as he sat there playing with them for a moment "Damen...am I...no..never mind...it's nothing..." he quickly covered his tracks and shook his head "Could I have some green tea this time?" Mark instead changed his question to a request as he lifted up his feet and sat cross legged on the couch as he reached up and felt his freshly dyed locks of hair, they were rather soft and felt good to run his fingers through. He always loved that feeling after a successful session of dying ones hair.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:32 am
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Status: Talking with Mark

After hearing the reply of Mark, Damen had walked to the kitchen to put on the water. Today had been rather unexpected, though he could imagine it was doubly so for his friend Mark. They had been visibly distraught when the man had seen their scars. Still Damen was glad they had taken him in confidence, even if it wasn't the plan today. If only because it meant he could make sure he would be there for the other when they needed a friend. The man was shaken from his thoughts when he heard his name being called in the other room and he walked to the door so he could look into the living room.

"Yes?" he asked, as he didn't hear the rest as well while he had been walking to the door. Hearing the request Damen smiled and chuckled. "Of course you can." he said and went back to the kitchen to pour the water before placing the green tea bags in the water and carrying them inside on a plate accompanied by sugar if needed and a tea bag holder for when they were done soaking. The demon placed Mark's glass in front of him and sat back down with his own. He had left the cookies in a tin box on the table in case Mark had wanted some more. He wasn't a big eater of treats himself but he enjoyed them.

"Feel free to get another cookie if you want. That is what they are for." he offered the other and smiled. Of course he could have offered them directly, but maybe it would help Mark if he could feel more at home and grab stuff himself. "Did you had more plans for today? It doesn't look like the rain will let up and it is already evening. You are welcome to stick around as long as you want." Damen started a more general conversation and smiled. There was no need to linger on Mark's secret, it might just make his friend uncomfortable again. And in Damen's opinion nothing had changed between them but the sharing of a deep kept secret. And since he enjoys the company of Mark, he was perfectly fine with them staying until the rain let up a little to get home more dry.

By Bi Blitz

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 am
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, αυɢυsт ⑯тн

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③①②
( ⑩ мσитнs, ⑧ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:57 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Where: Kitchen, At Home
                                                              With: N/A
                                                              Status: Concerned. Doing the dishes

It was another day for the computer so far it would have seemed. Out of habit the demon had turned on his computer after he got up that morning and had a shower. Once he opened his e-mail, it was clear that the company was doing quite well right now. Most of the e-mails had been some long time employees checking in and asking his opinion for some new ideas. After replying to each and everyone of them it was already quite well into the day. Once done he had turned off the screen and went to eat lunch in the kitchen. After eating his lunch, the man filled the sink with water and some soap. He had a dishwasher but he didn't use it a lot. Since he lived alone he never really had a lot of dishes.

Damen was busy cleaning the few things he had used when a sound from the living room caught his attention. From where he stood he could hear the sound of his phone which alerted him to a message. The demon paused and dried his hands on the nearby towel before walking to the living room and picking up his mobile. Unlocking it, it was clear it was a message from his friend and the man smiled a bit, though it turned to more concerned when he read on. This time he hadn't sent a message as early, not wanting to become an annoyance, but he would have messaged them after the dishes. Now he already had a message from Mark however, he sat down for a moment and made time to send a reply back to the young man. It had become a daily practice, but Damen gave his friend plenty of time without him prodding about Mark's state of mind and health.

"Good afternoon my friend, I am doing well. But are you okay? Do you need me to come over?"

It was a short message but only because the man now felt worried for Mark. Since they mentioned a summer bug, it sounded like they were sick. Once he sent it he got up and took his mobile back to the kitchen before resuming the dishes. The sooner he got it done, the faster he could get to his friend's house if they would let the demon know they wanted him over. It wasn't unusual for someone to get sick, especially after that last rainy day, but if Mark would try to do to much in the house or even outside of it, they could worsen it.

By Bi Blitz

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:04 am
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, αυɢυsт ⑰тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③①③
( ⑩ мσитнs, ⑨ םαчs )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

With: N/A
                                                              Status: Texting with Mark

The previous day had been quite good. Loose from the fact poor Mark was feeling so out of sorts. They learned a few more things about each other. And the demon had been quite surprised with the fact that the other seemed to be somewhat of a nutshell writer. And he had great potential as well. Damen had said as much too, to his friend. He sure had a talent for writing. Damen had just got out of bed now. He had slept pretty well this night and was just wondering about how his friend was doing when his mobile sounded. The man got up from the table he had been eating breakfast at and walked to the closet nearby where his mobile was charging. A smile came over his lips when he saw it was a message from Mark. It would seem they kind of synced up on this occasion.

"Good morning Mark! How are you feeling today? That sounds like a great idea, if you are sure you can handle it of course. I can be ready in ten minutes."

Damen read it over once more for any spelling mistakes, as he was won't to do, but content with his message he sent it to his friend and checked the battery of his phone. It read 98% which was enough for the man and he took it off the charger and took it back with him to the table. While waiting for Mark's reply, the demon quickly finished his food before placing the bowl in the sink to wash it later that day. For now he would get ready for the day now keeping in mind he would be going out somewhere.

By Bi Blitz

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:23 pm
x