Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:23 am
Uh, and apparently he is taking a break from Gaia now, so nvm.

Edit: He is going through some personal s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 pm
PupSage

AlphabetFish

Is a replacement needed, or just wanted? If needed, my schedule has officially shifted 1 hour ahead effective Friday and that might free me up a little bit to post, albeit in the morning.

If not, then it's totes cool. One less thing for me to worry about, so hard feelings. In an effort to minimize any downtime, I did pre-emptively roll stats in the general forum thread. Sorry if it's overly presumptuous of me.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:11 pm
Rain Yupa
PupSage

AlphabetFish

Is a replacement needed, or just wanted? If needed, my schedule has officially shifted 1 hour ahead effective Friday and that might free me up a little bit to post, albeit in the morning.

If not, then it's totes cool. One less thing for me to worry about, so hard feelings. In an effort to minimize any downtime, I did pre-emptively roll stats in the general forum thread. Sorry if it's overly presumptuous of me.

I wouldn't say needed. I have no trouble running an adventure for only 3 characters. I wasn't going to try to recruit anyone as long as I kept my 3 people.

Of course if you want to join, you're welcome to. That's up to you and what you'd like to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:28 am
3 heroes is a fine number in play by post. Consider my mailf on standby in case you need extra manpower or need anything delivered.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:07 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Dude, Henderson is behaving very suspiciously, you got to follow him. He is doing the equivalent of ducking in his car seat as he drives past a police car. If he was just doing as he was saying he was doing he wouldn't be trying to shake you. Something tells me he has ulterior motives for that chest.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:43 pm
Well...that went over my head.

I was thinking, he thought I wanted to touch it again... sweatdrop I will fix my post.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 pm
Could I sub an RBA at the cart's wheel(preferred) or Henderson for one of the rolls?

I was thinking of pulling a 'Lethal Weapon' moment to stop the chase of what would equate to a Weapon of Mass Destruction if it fell into the wrong hands.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:09 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Could I sub an RBA at the cart's wheel(preferred) or Henderson for one of the rolls?

I was thinking of pulling a 'Lethal Weapon' moment to stop the chase of what would equate to a Weapon of Mass Destruction if it fell into the wrong hands.

No, sorry. A skill challenge is a skill challenge.

If you succeed on your final roll, I'll allow you to roll initiative/make attacks, but not before.  

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:34 am
Okay, confused...

Quote:
I already tested the thing--its no danger until next sunrise"

Quote:
"The magic in the chest is dormant until next sunrise, is all. You can touch it however you like, it won't go off like it did before. But I've wrapped it now because wrapping it when it's active is... Well, let's just say it's not easy."

Quote:
The amulet's power is expended, so it's probably not dangerous--at least not to a layperson.

Does the magic re-arms at sunrise or is it a single fire enchantment that can be re-armed?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:22 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Okay, confused...

Quote:
I already tested the thing--its no danger until next sunrise"

Quote:
"The magic in the chest is dormant until next sunrise, is all. You can touch it however you like, it won't go off like it did before. But I've wrapped it now because wrapping it when it's active is... Well, let's just say it's not easy."

Quote:
The amulet's power is expended, so it's probably not dangerous--at least not to a layperson.

Does the magic re-arms at sunrise or is it a single fire enchantment that can be re-armed?

Regarding the chest, based on what he says you would get the impression that it will re-arm itself at dawn. In regards to the amulet, the way he's talking about it, it doesn't sound like it's got any power left in it that he knows of. It may work differently from the chest, but you aren't sure with the information you currently have.  

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:45 am
AlphabetFish

Happy Mother's Day, Alphabet!  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 pm
Rain Yupa
AlphabetFish

Happy Mother's Day, Alphabet!

Aww, thanks. We didn't get to celebrate yet but maybe next weekend. sweatdrop  

AlphabetFish

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:01 pm
Rain Yupa

SCN_ Grey_fox

PupSage

Kowsauni

Hello, everyone. I'm sorry, but I'm ending this adventure. Kowsauni told me most games he's played in on Gaia have all died due to the DM just stopping posting, and I don't want to just ghost you guys like has happened to him so many times.

It's nothing anyone did--rather, it's me. I just don't think I can be a good DM in play by post. I find myself forgetting to post and losing interest, and that's just not fair to you all as players. It's the same reason as why I dropped out of Kowsauni's game--I just can't sustain interest in play by post. I thought I'd enjoy DMing more, since I enjoy it more in real life, but after giving it a try I think this format just isn't for me. No more games for me, as a player or DM. I'm just not capable of being reliable enough. Thanks everyone for making characters and playing with me!

PupSage, I liked how descriptive you were of your character's combat abilities (like the cooling system), and how your character's robot-ness was always front and center.

SCN, I enjoyed Rhaun flashing his ring at everyone and I thought it was so funny that he happened to take off his armor before he touched the chest--it sure made it easier to hit those guys. It's always cool to see how RP decisions like that, that aren't necessarily "good" ideas in terms of game mechanics, can wind up helping out in unexpected ways. Made it easier to hit Rhaun too though lol blaugh

Kowsauni, I loved how Cymbre was always interested in what was going on, always curious, and the image of her flying just over a bunch of startled villagers when she first got there was so fun to me.

Rain, thanks for making a character and offering to join, even if you didn't get to do so. Probably just as well now.

Okay, bye! heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 pm
AlphabetFish
It's nothing anyone did--rather, it's me. I just don't think I can be a good DM in play by post. I find myself forgetting to post and losing interest, and that's just not fair to you all as players. It's the same reason as why I dropped out of Kowsauni's game--I just can't sustain interest in play by post. I thought I'd enjoy DMing more, since I enjoy it more in real life, but after giving it a try I think this format just isn't for me. No more games for me, as a player or DM. I'm just not capable of being reliable enough. Thanks everyone for making characters and playing with me!

Sorry that it wasn't a good fit for you. It's not for everyone, and isn't easy by any stretch. But on the flip side, it might be easier for some compared to the live action version. Everyone's entitled to enjoy the style they enjoy, I guess.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see more of Twyla, although I guess this does kind of explain why. She was a crucial part of the team and I miss her crying You were, and are, an excellent roleplayer.

Will we still see you around the guild, at least? Maybe in some non-active-game discussions, or perhaps to show off other works of art you create?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:18 am
I had the thought the ring was a badge-like thing, and proceeded to treat it like every officer in every form of media I have seen. xp

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a pleasure to entertain and be entertained. Thank you.  
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff