Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Earth's Upheaval Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm
The thief considered just asking about a dwarven guide to help them find a passage in, but it seemed clear that the soldiers whom had made it here were injured to the man. She didn't think she'd be too good for locating a hidden mountain pass and correctly navigating it to where they needed to go, though she might have been happy to try her luck once they were inside the city. She looked at the others, wondering if any of them would be a particularly suited guide... but the whole part of the issue was that they were all new. That was part of why the whole volunteer thing had worked this far after all.

For lack of a better plan, she gently picked up the book and pen the dwarf had been having difficulty with, "I'm sure we can manage. How do we find it?" It wouldn't' be as good as a map, but it'd be better than nothing to have it written, and they could ask around with some of the helpers down stairs whom had been around longer, and see if perhaps any of them could add to the details, or help them navigate the safe portion at least.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:58 pm
Rhinebrow would glower at Aelgeirr as he tried to near. "Ach, stay back, ye damned elf, I ain't a parent and I ain't looking to change that with the like of ye," he would warn, a threatening tone in his voice. After Thork's input, he would add, "Er... yeah, what he said."

Lin Shi would then move to pick up the book and pen to make the map herself. Turning to look at her, Rhinebrow would nod. "Thank ye, lass. Let me instruct ye on how t' get there."

If no one forced the issue, Lin Shi would get rough directions to the tunnel entrance into Isres's book.

--------------------

Is there anything further any of you need before parting ways with the dwarf? If not, what do you do now?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:46 pm
"Ah, I am alright with traversing places. I've studied many a map and all." He blinks and blushes a bit, having zoned out for a second as he continued thinking on what was causing the problems in Coppersledge. "Give what directions you can and I'm certain it'll be fine to get us there. After all, there's got to be certain identifying markers for those who are told of it to know where it is."

He'd take the book after Lin Shi was done, doing some fine detail work from the dwarf's directions.

(Nature +8
15+8=23 )  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:35 am
User Image

Tawny looked disappointed at not being able to treat the dwarf but it was only for a moment. She quickly returned to her normal, boisterous self. "Very well, then, we shall head out on our mission as soon as possible--but first..." Tawny would turn to the rest of the party. "...I believe some introductions are in order. I'm sure you all know who I am by now, but I would like to know the names of those I'll be setting out on this glorious mission with. It will be much easier for me to write a poem about our exploits this way."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:50 am
"Perhaps we should hold off on this, little one.....before those of us decide IF we wish to go or not. As it stands, the only reason for me to go is that I made the trip here. Given the reception I've received, I think I can make the trip elsewhere."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:25 pm
"Oh come now, don't get upset at the poor dwarf. He's been terribly wounded and is in recovery, so probably didn't understand what you said right." He lifts his hands towards Aelgeirr, trying to calm him some. "Besides, would you let one bad reaction stave you off from assisting in this time of need? You seemed more upstanding than that."

Turning to Tawny, he'd nod. "Isres Zess, wandering wizard. Now, we have a map and directions, shall we not head off and see what we can do?" He looked at the rest of the group, hoping that they'd agree. After all, it'd not do well to sit too long nor would it help to cause any more... disagreements with the dwarf.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:37 pm
Aelgeirr would release a deep groan. " If it is only one shell shocked and addled old dwarf, then perhaps I could excuse it."

The eladrin would stamp the but of his spear against the floor. "I am Aelgeirr Afvar. I am a warlord."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 am
The woman watched the bickering quietly, pursing her lips slightly as the elf protested, and relaxing again as he calmed down with just a light shaming, sparing her any need to try and push some buttons to see if she could get him off self aggrandizing and back in line- helping her to find out if her answers were buried under this mountain, that is.

Sure, if the loud one actually started shouting her poems far and wide word might get around, but the risk of word coming to Davice after she was long gone was presently outweighed by forgetting what to respond to in the middle of an angry mountain.

"Shi, Lin," she offered her name in reverse order, well used to the fact by now that in these lands everyone gave their names backwards, and they'd be mixing up her surname and personal name forever if she tried to give it to them right. she gave a companionable slap on the back to the wizard, and shot them all a grin, before glancing to Thork, not sure if he was going to introduce himself as well, or if his speech patterns already accounted for that.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 am
The orkling would state, "Thork is Thork and Thork wants to hurt earth spirits for hurting grouchy dwarf people."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:38 am
Isres looked over at Thork and nodded. "I like him, direct and to the point. Well then, I say we see if there are any merchants here that can help us make sure we're properly stocked and then head out. Unless I've completely lost track of time and it's now late in the day." With that, he'd move to a window to get a look at the sun's position.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 am
I'm going to assume that you've moved back downstairs at this point...

"S-Sorry," Thaealyn would say, overhearing the conversation. Looking at Aelgeirr, she would bow her head apologetically. "You had said you had experience with stubborn dwarves, so I thought you'd be aware of how prideful he was. If I had known you'd be made to feel this way, I would have warned you."

As Isres looked outside to gauge the time (and seeing that it was about mid afternoon), Thaealyn would turn to face the group as a whole. "I wanted to thank you all for your help before. Sir Jhorban led his squad here without any warning, knowing that they needed some sort of aid, and we were overwhelmed, since most of us only know the most basic first aid. Everyone's stable now, but if it weren't for you, I know some lives would have been lost."

One of the other ambassadors would step forward with a small case, opening it, revealing a set of five glass vials with a slightly luminescent red fluid in them. There were insets for 5 more in the case, but those were empty. "We had some potions of healing handy, mainly for our own needs in case one of us got badly hurt for whatever reason - since we weren't expected to be, well, nurses, we were given these to help us fend for ourselves. We used some to bring some of the dwarves back from the brink, but then you arrived and we didn't need to use the rest. While we can still use them on the Dwarves here, there are more patients than potions so we wouldn't know who to give them too. But it sounds like you - at least, most of you? - are heading into the proverbial lion's den, and we figured these might be put to better use in your hands. If you accept them, that is."

Quote:
POTION OF HEALING
Power (Consumable, Healing): Minor Action. Drink this potion and spend a healing surge. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 10 hit points.

"The Dwarves of Coppersledge would be too proud to ask for help, but it doesn't mean they don't want it. If there's anything we've learned as ambassadors to their people, is that you need to have a certain insistence about helping them, or they won't think you're sincere. But there are a lot of people - and not just Dwarves - who are on the verge of losing their home and loved ones. On behalf of all of them, we implore you to save them, adventurers."

Isres, with your nature check from before, if you guys left now you think you could guide people to the tunnel entrance before it got dark. The entrance is on the east side of the mountain (vs the main entrance which faces south). The tunnel isn't as highly elevated as the main entrance, but there's also no clear path there so it will get tricky to navigate in darkness (since the mountain would block the sun as it starts to set, it will get dark sooner). To have your best chance at getting there without difficulty, you'll want to leave now. If you decide to go to the front door, you have some time to spare.

Let me know which route you will take.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:21 pm
"If we wish to use this side passage, we'll have to leave now. We're lucky that they gave us these potions, it means less pressure on the whole stocking thing. Though if you see anyone bread or jerky or other things we can use for rationing, it'd be useful to grab them as we go. If we decide on the main door, however, we can spare a bit more time preparing. Either way, we need to decide now, before time makes the choice for us." He looks at the others. "I say we head out and go for the side passage. It may give us an advantage in case we run into any fighting. Also, it'll let us help any people who may have been lost trying to escape that way."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:29 pm
User Image

After everyone had done their someone reluctant introductions Tawny would respond warmly. "Well everyone it is a pleasure to meet you all. I'm sure destiny brought us all here so that we may bring light back into this mountain. Now let us sally forth!"

Once down Stairs Tawny would graciously accept the case of potions from Thaealyn. "Thank you, Ma'am. We will make sure they are put to good use." Tawny would then pass a potion out to each party member that would accept one and store the rest for later use.

Once Isres explained the situation Tawny would respond enthusiastically. "Then there is no time to waist. Let us head out to the secret pass!"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 am
Quote:
"Y'see, th' main gate o' Coppersledge is already compromised. My kind, we're all but trapped there now. To evacuate th' ones we did, my squad had to take one o' th' hidden passages that only we know out o' th' mountain... but we were ambushed on th' way out. We lost two honorable dwarves while fighting back th' enemy and withdrawin', but th' rest o' th' squad made it out, but we were pretty badly hurt at that point. When we're able to stand again, we're going back to try and retake th' city. I don't know how successful we'll be, but we've got to try."

"Jhorban unclear what earth spirit is. Thork want to know and fight earth spirit. Thork say, Main door sounds fun." He spoke before finishing his wild found ale. Though, if the others said they wanted to take the hidden side path. He would provide aide...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 pm
Hearing the two options, Shi didn't hesitate a moment to nod in agreement, ready to split for the door before she was even done tucking her potion away so they could beat the light. If she was expected to do infiltration with these many others in tow, she wanted to minimize the chances they'd have to draw any attention that could realistically be avoided with a group.

"Way ahead of you, Ton," she said, started for the door ahead of the group, even if she wasn't the one who really knew the way, stopping mid step with a visible wince as the first voice of dissent on the plan came up, looking over her shoulder.

She opened her mouth to protest, and thought better of suggesting the orc hit the main gate to draw attention away from their entry. It may have been practical, and kept a potential hothead away from her sneaking, but sending off a humanoid sacrifice was a little cold even for her.  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff