Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Modified 4e, Grant a wish campaign interest check wip Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:35 pm
I didn't notice the revivification of this. I guess I should actually create my dude.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:31 pm
Cool, glad to hear it!

As for class I'll see what other people are thinking about making.

I have a Hybrid Cleric/Paladin I really enjoy playing. Most amazing healer I have ever played. But her healing relies heavily on marking her targets so if we already have two Defenders I think it will be too many marks.

Otherwise I was thinking of playing Lilith, my fighter, who doesn't play as a defender at all, but does better single target damage then any striker I've played.

Otherwise I have some ideas for a lock or sorcerer character I might play.

My story idea involves around a barren female adventurer that wished to have a child and is now dealing with looming date ahead and how to keep her child safe.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:41 pm
It's funny you should mention... a lot of that, actually.

I did a randomizer to roll what to play and got a tiefling monk- but I couldn't come up with any story hooks I liked that worked with the monk side of it, so I talked myself into that defender idea, partially for kicks. Since we have a defender that's half wizard and a fighter that's all about SMASH, I was looking at taking a tiefling paladin I'd poked at design ideas for and kitting him for a heavy focus on support instead of on multimarking and punishing. Though honestly I'd also poked at ideas about a bard with some soft paladin multiclassing- which might be better than the other way around.

The whole concept I had on the character stemmed on a similar idea- that something with the incident 10 years ago had led to the death of his wife and small child, and he'd spent the last 10 years raising his son- since he could only revive one.

IF I'm in on this I might need to consider something else, from the sounds of it. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 pm
Rain, Fish, Raga, Kows, Mong, with La42 taking the 6th spot if she responds by Tuesday(a die roll, character idea, favorite pirate eating pie, any thing to say you are still interested). In the case she does not, sixth slot will be deleted.

I am not a fan of going above 5... ninja  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 pm
Still flipflopping on how I want to build the swordmage. I may go paragon multiclass wizard, but I might stay pure swordmage and try to be a defense buffer.

Either way, I've decided to go shielding aegis style rather than ensnarement aegis.

EDIT on Saturday: Yeah, Cassie told me to still go Paragon Multiclass into wizard.

EDIT 2: Powers, feats, and items are loosely decided already. Kind of interesting in seeing this "ranged defender" in action now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:59 pm
Raganui Minamoto

Rain Yupa

Mongooseh

Psychofish

So just want to get a consensus on our party makeup.

Raganui = Warfargerd fighter, Defender, Str, Con
Rain = Human Swordmage, Defender, Int, Con
Mongoose = unknown Ranger, Striker Str/Dex, Wis
Psyco = undecided.
Kowsauni =undecided

Is this correct? I just want to round things out to make sure we have most skills represented and obviously some sort of heals. We're going to need it at paragon.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:54 pm
The way Raga talks about his it's going to be built as much like a striker as the fighter class allows. And Rob's is leaning a bit controller-y. But yeah, looks about right.

I've been trying to cook up other hooks/wishes I like and reading up on leaders, but I'm hardly decided on anything yet. I'm familiar with bards but not feeling it as much this time. Much as a smashing fighter and (melee?) ranger seem to beg for it I'm not feeling warlord after a short review of options. Runepriest is one I want to love, but I'm going to make myself poke at priests and shamans and see if they give me any ideas.

If you have a leader concept you want to roll just speak up and I can break open something on controllers or double up on striking as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:48 am
Kowsauni

Orc/Half Orc cus orc is a shite statted race so im using half orc.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 am
We're short on defenders. Need more.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:16 am
Rob has a point. We probably want at least one person to get some range to compliment his, but I don't think my support paladin is leadefender enough to fill out this party.

It's clear. I have to make a bard and multiclass into every defender. >:{  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:53 am
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

Orc/Half Orc cus orc is a shite statted race so im using half orc.

Is your Half Orc going to be a melee ranger or a ranged ranger, or one of those builds that does a little of both?

Right now I'm leaning towards playing Kyseele, one of my very first characters. She's a Caustic Soul Genasi whose a Warlock built around fighting in Melee with a Maul but has some ranged and Aoe components to her as well. Here's her pic.

User Image

Otherwise if no on wants to play a healer I will play Syke my paladin/cleric hybrid, but only if Raganui plans on playing is fighter like a Striker and not utilizing his mark a lot. If that's not the case than I have a Halfling Bow cleric I may use, but she is my third choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 pm
Melee, he has the dex to do both but that's kinda money intensive.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:13 pm
I normally let players build/think as they wish, but magic weapons with the thrown(light or heavy) property return to the wielder.

Pg. 232 PHB. I am unaware if they changed it with a errata.

So, you could do both if you want.

Edit; I am probably misunderstanding the problem...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 pm
Cassandra Carlisle, Human Swordwizard.

Just have to do description and backgroundy stuff. If you go through my gear, as long as you use the "mundane gear is free at higher levels" rule (DMG p143), that should back out too.

Hope you guys like force damage.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
I normally let players build/think as they wish, but magic weapons with the thrown(light or heavy) property return to the wielder.

Pg. 232 PHB. I am unaware if they changed it with a errata.

So, you could do both if you want.

Edit; I am probably misunderstanding the problem...

Well that and its an optics thing for me. I'm imagining this orc with two big ol axes just butchering his way through things, to change this i'd need to use shittier weapons that in my minds eye doesnt look as cool and i'd need to change my build that i've had in this game/thread since....

December 31st 2016

Edit: Whatever, I'm probably just being a stubborn c**t. Will look into making something that might be more suitable to the party composition.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff