Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
{Pathfinder}Two Worlds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:53 pm
Shame the occult book is out, there was an alchemist Archetype I was interested in there. I'll probably go for my usual standby of either a summoner or fighter. Finally got some time to work on this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 pm
Well, Rain is a sorcerer and Selini is a Paladin.

I'm trying to decide between an Alchemist or some sort of knightly person (probably fighter based). Waiting to hear a bit more on the story from Alzzak, and curious about this 'will look human' bit. If not for that, I would have just dropped straight kobold alchemist.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:08 am
it seems very 80s TV show D&D to me. Our characters are normal peeps sucked into dream world where we become our alter egos.

So my character is a super huge Otaku Weeabu Anime nerd who becomes a ninja.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:51 am
Raganui Minamoto
Well, Rain is a sorcerer

I'm not a definite player in this campaign. I've come to the belief that larger groups are the bane of longevity for a game, and I'm more likely to bow out if there's too many here.

Heck, I bowed out of a RL D&D group (between campaigns) a few months ago because the group grew too large.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:15 am
PupSage

Okay, shenanigan question.

I want an item that can cast prestidigitation for the purpose of flavoring food.

Is there a question here?

Aside from pointing out there is no question; What kind of item would you like? A scroll, cellphone, pizza slice, a rock, etc...

Kowsauni
Shame the occult book is out, there was an alchemist Archetype I was interested in there. I'll probably go for my usual standby of either a summoner or fighter. Finally got some time to work on this.

The ban list, aside from Unchained and Mystic, are only their because they are new to me.

Something like an archetype may be open, if not too ground breaking.

This one, right?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/promethean-alchemist-alchemist-archetype  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:44 am
Well, I am buying a house, and it looks like about two and a half months sooner than I expected, so I will have to see if I'm bowing out- depends on if I have enough downtime between calls to post and if I'm comfy enough to post without being able to look at my resources much/spend a lot of time on it. I'm about to run out of time other than when the lines are dead and no one is calling at work.

However, I was looking at either gunslinger, because I wasn't clear if the house rule about tech was an ixnay on them, or just on some kind of more advanced tech classes I don't know of, or else a fighter- largely for probably synergy for what I know about the party so far, and because SOMEONE in the party has to not have high charisma.

I'm utterly new to Pathfinder, so I'm still doing all kinds of reading about feats, combat options, and archetypes, which I assume are okay if they're form the standard Paizo sources and not techy?  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 am
Psychofish
and because SOMEONE in the party has to not have high charisma.

My sorceress is an inhumanoid lovecraftian freak of nature. She's like a train wreck that you don't want to look at but you also can't turn away. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:03 pm
Psychofish
Well, I am buying a house, and it looks like about two and a half months sooner than I expected, so I will have to see if I'm bowing out- depends on if I have enough downtime between calls to post and if I'm comfy enough to post without being able to look at my resources much/spend a lot of time on it. I'm about to run out of time other than when the lines are dead and no one is calling at work.

However, I was looking at either gunslinger, because I wasn't clear if the house rule about tech was an ixnay on them, or just on some kind of more advanced tech classes I don't know of, or else a fighter- largely for probably synergy for what I know about the party so far, and because SOMEONE in the party has to not have high charisma.

I'm utterly new to Pathfinder, so I'm still doing all kinds of reading about feats, combat options, and archetypes, which I assume are okay if they're form the standard Paizo sources and not techy?

Technology Guide deals more with gravity, rail, laser, sonic... Things are concepts in our century.

Firearms of in Purgatory would be Muzzle loading pistols, muskets, blunderbusses etc.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/combat/firearms.html

Earth, has the same laws for a firearm as America now, but are 20% of the listed price (advanced guns)  

Alzzak

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:33 pm
Alzzak
PupSage

Okay, shenanigan question.

I want an item that can cast prestidigitation for the purpose of flavoring food.

Is there a question here?

Aside from pointing out there is no question; What kind of item would you like? A scroll, cellphone, pizza slice, a rock, etc...

Idk, I was looking at spell storing, but that expends after 1 use. I may just substitute with spices.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:13 am
That was indeed the Archtype I was looking at but I think I'm going to go with either the Viking Archetype fighter or my summoner at this point. My alchemist character was all about crafting and making money with his alchemy. He would be better suited for a different game.

I have one further question. Would having a large Eidolon be an issue. I don't know how much fighting in tight spaces you have planned for us.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:36 pm
Ken Hollifield, known in purgatory as Shiro Hakujin! Ninja master! Believe it! xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:02 pm
So, how old are the kids at this school?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:38 pm
Right, stat layout before race

Str - 16 - 556
Dex - 12 - 444
Con - 10 - 2323
INt - 14 - 1364
Wis - 18 - 5553
Cha - 10 - 55

Also, think I'm going to do Halfling Druid. Just deciding between an animal companion or going with a Storm Druid and FEAR MY LIGHTNING!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:05 pm
Raganui Minamoto
So, how old are the kids at this school?

Ideally, I'd like Cybil to be 7.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:19 pm
Went with an animal companion. Do I just only have the bonus tricks, or could I have some more that have been taught as well so I don't have to start the game spending time teaching it to stay put.

Also, on animals that have natural AC, then have another on the advancement, I am assuming it's additive, since some have a a lesser number on that, and I don't see how an older, bigger animal suddenly has softer skin or scales or what have you.

EDIT: All signs I've seen say 'yes, add the level advancement stuff onto the old'.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff