Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the new blood - A new D&D 4e game! CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 28 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 6, 5, 1, 3, 3, 6, 6, 6, 2, 5, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 1, 2, 4, 3, 6, 1, 1, 2 Total: 111 (28-168)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:56 am
gonk that is a lot of ones
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:01 pm
xd that is a lot of sixes

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:09 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
xd that is a lot of sixes

Your fifth stat is "6, 4, 6, 5".  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:53 pm
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Sure thats a good idea!,

PS: I fixed up my character.

You've gone from one feat too few to one too many. Toughness (Ranger bonus) + Weapon Focus + Weapon Proficiency + Two Weapon Fighting = 4, and you should have 3. Unless you're hooman!

Your gold is incorrect. 2 Craghammers is 40gp, hide armor 30gp more. You have 800gp to start with. A +1 magic weapon or armor or other item is 360 gp though and you can get two of those with 80gp left over (which was my intent but by no means required). So you have more spending gold left!

Still missing your check penalty from hide armor (-1).

Base speed needs to be fixed. You've been watching too much The Flash on Netflix.

Your attack workspace is wrong. Your ability is +4, not +5. If you're copying over from the left, "+4" is your ability modifier, "+5" is your ability modifier with 1/2 your level added in. So in the attack space, you're adding in 1/2 your level twice. As a suggestion, in Attack Workspace and Damage Workspace, write in "Strength" in 'Ability 1' and possibly 'Ability 2' and it'll insert the write stats for you. Or any other ability score you want. Maybe "Dexterity"?

That's it for now. Gonna eat supper and be back later.

Annnnnd done!

Still need to fix your base speed to 6 instead of 30 sweatdrop

I also don't understand your current "quick reference" damage. What do you mean by "1d10+B2+5+1R" and "1d10+B2+5+1N"?

You should, more or less, be taking the values from the Damage workspace over. But if it helps, here's what I recommend for your 4 lines:

Craghammer (Main) +7 1d10+5
Craghammer (Off) +7 1d10+4
Twin Strike (Main) +7 1d10+1
Twin Strike (Off) +7 1d10+0

Since you have the two-weapon fighting feat, the one in your dominant hand does +1 damage. Twin strike doesn't add your Strength modifier to damage though, so you have four different damage results. When you get Weapon Focus, all those will bump by 1 higher.

And your gold/equipment still needs to be adjusted sweatdrop Because right now, you have 2 mundane Crag Hammers and 1 mundane set of hide armor. You have 730 gp left. You can use that gold to buy magic items, or hoard it like a dragon (though I suggest converting some of it to platinum so you're not carrying 730 loose coins in your pocket; 1 pp = 100 gp).

If you want recommendations for magic items to spend that gold on, I'd be delighted to make them! You can get 2 and still have 10gp left over, or 1 and still have 370 gp.

Okay I'll take a +1 Radiant Craghammer and a +1 Necrotic Craghammer. I'll go fix whatever's left too.  

Madokamagica123

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:27 pm
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Sure thats a good idea!,

PS: I fixed up my character.

You've gone from one feat too few to one too many. Toughness (Ranger bonus) + Weapon Focus + Weapon Proficiency + Two Weapon Fighting = 4, and you should have 3. Unless you're hooman!

Your gold is incorrect. 2 Craghammers is 40gp, hide armor 30gp more. You have 800gp to start with. A +1 magic weapon or armor or other item is 360 gp though and you can get two of those with 80gp left over (which was my intent but by no means required). So you have more spending gold left!

Still missing your check penalty from hide armor (-1).

Base speed needs to be fixed. You've been watching too much The Flash on Netflix.

Your attack workspace is wrong. Your ability is +4, not +5. If you're copying over from the left, "+4" is your ability modifier, "+5" is your ability modifier with 1/2 your level added in. So in the attack space, you're adding in 1/2 your level twice. As a suggestion, in Attack Workspace and Damage Workspace, write in "Strength" in 'Ability 1' and possibly 'Ability 2' and it'll insert the write stats for you. Or any other ability score you want. Maybe "Dexterity"?

That's it for now. Gonna eat supper and be back later.

Annnnnd done!

Still need to fix your base speed to 6 instead of 30 sweatdrop

I also don't understand your current "quick reference" damage. What do you mean by "1d10+B2+5+1R" and "1d10+B2+5+1N"?

You should, more or less, be taking the values from the Damage workspace over. But if it helps, here's what I recommend for your 4 lines:

Craghammer (Main) +7 1d10+5
Craghammer (Off) +7 1d10+4
Twin Strike (Main) +7 1d10+1
Twin Strike (Off) +7 1d10+0

Since you have the two-weapon fighting feat, the one in your dominant hand does +1 damage. Twin strike doesn't add your Strength modifier to damage though, so you have four different damage results. When you get Weapon Focus, all those will bump by 1 higher.

And your gold/equipment still needs to be adjusted sweatdrop Because right now, you have 2 mundane Crag Hammers and 1 mundane set of hide armor. You have 730 gp left. You can use that gold to buy magic items, or hoard it like a dragon (though I suggest converting some of it to platinum so you're not carrying 730 loose coins in your pocket; 1 pp = 100 gp).

If you want recommendations for magic items to spend that gold on, I'd be delighted to make them! You can get 2 and still have 10gp left over, or 1 and still have 370 gp.

Okay I'll take a +1 Radiant Craghammer and a +1 Necrotic Craghammer. I'll go fix whatever's left too.

Hmm, your misunderstanding what Rain meant by buying level 1 magic items. He is not referring to the enhancement bonus. Magic items have a level associated with them. For example a basic +1 Magic Craghammer is a level 1 magic item and has an associated cost of 360 gold. That is why Rain is saying you can afford two level 1 magic items with your 800 gold. The two magic items you have listed are, for one, only available at a +3 enhancement bonus and are level 15 and level 13 items respectively at minimum and have an associated cost of 25,000 and 17,000 gold.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:42 pm
Yeah. If you have the PHB, start reading on p223. Examples of level 1 items (worth 360 gp each) are...

+1 Magic Craghammer (+1 to attack and damage rolls)
+1 Magic Hide Armor (+1 to Armor Class)
Burglar's Gloves (+1 to thievery checks)
+1 Amulet of Protection (+1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will)

They're not super duper impressive but they're better than run-of-the-mill gear.

If you decide on, say, two +1 Magic Craghammers, then they are 360 gp each, rather than 40 gp. That would cost you 720/800, hide armor another 30, leaving you with 50gp.

But maybe you want a +1 bow and +1 armor instead. Or +1 armor and +1 amulet. I dunno, I don't know what you'd want.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:39 am
Ok, here is the completed Character sheet for Tawny "TonTon" Tonson , Avenger and hammer master extraordinaire.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:15 am
Kowsauni
Ok, here is the completed Character sheet for Tawny "TonTon" Tonson , Avenger and hammer master extraordinaire.

Your starting XP is 1000.

Unarmored Agility is a feat bonus, which is technically separate from your untyped Armor of Faith bonus. I know you know the system well enough to not accidentally sneak in another feat bonus to AC in there later down the road, but just sayin'.

Just in case it was overlooked, Overwhelming Strike can be used as a basic attack as per the Power of Skill feat. I merely say that because you don't have that noted in your Overwhelming Strike description or title (but much farther down, in the notes). You don't need to write it in but it might not be a bad idea for both of our memories. So many characters...

Besides that, it passes!

"Tawny was abandon as a baby at a church of Corellon."
"Our baby's stats are just too high. We can't control her crying "

Also, the prince hasn't been pronounced dead yet; only that he has fallen ill to the same disease that took the king. His mother the Queen is running things in his stead, but otherwise, everything is very hush hush 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:18 pm
Rain Yupa
aqua_inc
New character and old character using new rolls:

Lucan, Elf Cleric

I would like to play as Lucan the most

That all aside, I really like your character! I look forward to seeing him in the game smile

Alright! Made the changes. I split the difference on the ages and made him 13.

Lucan, Elf Cleric  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:22 pm
aqua_inc
Rain Yupa
aqua_inc
New character and old character using new rolls:

Lucan, Elf Cleric

I would like to play as Lucan the most

That all aside, I really like your character! I look forward to seeing him in the game smile

Alright! Made the changes. I split the difference on the ages and made him 13.

Lucan, Elf Cleric

Okay, passes! Added to the roster smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:39 pm
One question and one statement: I NEED A RACE!!! I am half-tempted to take the first someone yells out. Stabby McStabster, never knew his mommy or daddy...

And anyone know; where they listed the new rules for stealth?

*looks at other characters*Murder time; Fun time!  
Rain Yupa generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 10!
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:55 pm
1-Dragonborn
2-Dwarf
3-Eladrin
4-Elf
5-Half-Elf
6-Halfling
7-Human
8-Tiefling
9-Deva
10-Gnome
11-Goliath
12-Half-Orc
13-Longtooth Shifter
14-Razorclaw Shifter
15-Githzerai  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:57 pm
And if you're trying to find the specifics of the updated stealth rules, then you care more about the specifics of stealth rules than I do.

I think this is them, though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:27 pm
would not have thought of that...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=828432

Just need to fix some fluff stuff, but here  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:12 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
would not have thought of that...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=828432

Just need to fix some fluff stuff, but here

This campaign is so weird. A medium-sized gnome and a small-sized elf.

I'm concerned you guys don't know how size works! gonk

Normally I'd say your speed should be 5, but since you're medium sized...

You have your +2 Stealth but not +2 Arcana.

You also know no languages! eek Oh sweatdrop

You forgot your Fade Away power.

Not sure if you forgot to include your +5 to saves vs illusions in "Conditional Modifiers" or not.

You should have 1 action point.

I agree that you've spent 468gp, but you should have 332 gp left.

Just a few things need to be touched up then I'll add you to the roster. May I suggest converting some of your gold to platinum?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff