Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mik4ilah & By Whatever You Wish's introductory 4e D&D game! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:06 am
Mik4ilah
Ok, so any comments in my character's stats?

(edit: i kinda copied the url wrong. fixed now)

do you have it set to public cause i can't view that  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:07 am
Urrm...did you set your character to private? I get shown a screen saying that I do not have the appropriate privileges to see that character.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:09 am
ok fixed. sorry about that  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:13 am
If you are going for a ranger that specializes in using a bow I would put your 16 in wisdom. A lot of your powers as a ranger utilize that stat. Str will not be as necessary unless you plan to use a melee weapon

Edit: Hi I'm Kowsauni btw. It's always cool to see knew people getting excited about the game.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:21 am
*nod nods*

Too bad there isn't something like finesse in 4th edition.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:24 am
Kowsauni
If you are going for a ranger that specializes in using a bow I would put your 16 in wisdom. A lot of your powers as a ranger utilize that stat. Str will not be as necessary unless you plan to use a melee weapon

Edit: Hi I'm Kowsauni btw. It's always cool to see knew people getting excited about the game.

hallo 4laugh could you explain something to me? since i'm playing dwarf, in the book it says Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance would they be applied to the +3 dun and endurance i already have? ontop of that, since i'm playing a dwarf fighter (still working out the much greater details) what skills would you recommend?  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:25 am
fellas igotta go to sleep. catch up with ya'll tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 am
That would be nice, though they do have the melee training feat as an option to allow melee basic attacks with a different stat.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:40 am
Flames Burning Within
Kowsauni

hallo 4laugh could you explain something to me? since i'm playing dwarf, in the book it says Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance would they be applied to the +3 dun and endurance i already have? ontop of that, since i'm playing a dwarf fighter (still working out the much greater details) what skills would you recommend?

Yes. They go on top of the skill bonuses you already have. In addition, you'll get a +5 bonus to those skills if you get them trained.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:42 am
Flames Burning Within
Kowsauni

Yes, they stack so you would have a +5 Domineering and a +5 Endurance.

Fighters I'm afraid get the short end of the stick as far as skills. In fourth edition each class gets a fixed set of skills they are allowed to train in. Training in a skill gives you a +5 to it.

Fighter skills are Athletics, Endurance, Heal, Intimidate, Streetwise.

I would recommended Athletics for sure. It is always a useful skill to have. It allows you be great at breaking things, jumping, swimming and climbing. All very common things for adventures to face. The thing is too, athletics checks, when they appear, will usually have to be made by everyone in the party. You can always have the high charisma guy do the diplomacy checks for the group, but he wont be able to jump that ledge for ya.

After that I would recommended Heal. As it helps with reviving downed party members and then Endurance if you want to go for that tough guy feel. Endurance checks are rare but you will be glad to have it when they do appear. Endurance checks usually run along the lines of holding your breath, resiting arduous affects, or keeping up with prolonged physical activity.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:49 am
Kowsauni
Flames Burning Within
Kowsauni

Yes, they stack so you would have a +5 Domineering and a +5 Endurance.

Fighters I'm afraid get the short end of the stick as far as skills. In fourth edition each class gets a fixed set of skills they are allowed to train in. Training in a skill gives you a +5 to it.

Fighter skills are Athletics, Endurance, Heal, Intimidate, Streetwise.

I would recommended Athletics for sure. It is always a useful skill to have. It allows you be great at breaking things, jumping, swimming and climbing. All very common things for adventures to face. The thing is too, athletics checks, when they appear, will usually have to be made by everyone in the party. You can always have the high charisma guy do the diplomacy checks for the group, but he wont be able to jump that ledge for ya.

After that I would recommended Heal. As it helps with reviving downed party members and then Endurance if you want to go for that tough guy feel. Endurance checks are rare but you will be glad to have it when they do appear. Endurance checks usually run along the lines of holding your breath, resiting arduous affects, or keeping up with prolonged physical activity.

i see thank you 4laugh another question, do i pick them while making the char or do they come later?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:52 am
Flames Burning Within

You pick them at character creation, though you do have the option to retrain them at a later time when you level.

Edit: Oops I forgot to mention you only get to train in three of the five fighter skills. hence why I suggested Athletics, Endurance and Heal  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:05 am
Kowsauni
Flames Burning Within

You pick them at character creation, though you do have the option to retrain them at a later time when you level.

Edit: Oops I forgot to mention you only get to train in three of the five fighter skills. hence why I suggested Athletics, Endurance and Heal

i'm torn between taking heal for it's obvious goodness and taking intimidate from a character stand point razz  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:13 am
Flames Burning Within

Intimidate is a tricky skill that can get you in trouble if you are not careful, but it can also be quite useful. Its good for scaring bad guys into talking and to making enemies surrender when they are bloodied and outnumbered. Just be careful about trying to intimidate a gate guard into letting you into town, it could go south very quickly.

In all honesty though, take the skills that you feel your character would have. its a roll playing game after all. Chances are somebody in your group will have the other ones covered.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:17 am
Kowsauni
Flames Burning Within

Intimidate is a tricky skill that can get you in trouble if you are not careful, but it can also be quite useful. Its good for scaring bad guys into talking and to making enemies surrender when they are bloodied and outnumbered. Just be careful about trying to intimidate a gate guard into letting you into town, it could go south very quickly.

In all honesty though, take the skills that you feel your character would have. its a roll playing game after all. Chances are somebody in your group will have the other ones covered.

intimidation it is then~!
edit: thanks for the help by the way  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas