Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
Is this guild mostly inactive now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:03 pm
Victoria san

Everything depends on people willingness to get on really.

There is another site offered by Gaia for its older generation. Tentacle or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 pm
EucalyptusCoral
Hey all!

I'm actually talking with the Captain of the guild to see what we can do to revive it. I've noticed a slow decline in the activity and I would hate for this to die. A while back, I was part of this guild and since then lost that account. (I can't even remember the name anymore of my old account) but this was my home and I would hate to see it die.

My question to you all is what you think needs to be done? Do you think these categories killed the guild, or do we need to work on keeping up moral? I'm all ears and would love the help of the members to get this up and going again.

Shoot me a PM or add me on Skype! coralxfeirce (don't judge, I was about 15 or 16 when I made my skype account xD) Or QUOTE me with your ideas.

I've been a member of this guild for I don't even know how long, probably since I was in 8th grade and I'm a freshman in college now! This guild taught me how to write and how to form the insane ideas that I thought of daily, I'm an English major because of this guild. I fell in love with writing and have a deep passion for it. I saw the decline in activity when more subsections were created. When I joined the guild, love and fantasy, if I remember correctly, were lumped together, which allowed more roleplays to flow together rather than be separated. It stopped me from roleplaying because not only were there no active roleplays that caught my eye, but I couldn't start any of my own either because I couldn't find a proper category for my ideas nor anyone to join. I had a wonderful roleplay, changing seasons, which is still in the Love section and I miss it so so much. Some of the old members and I tried to restart it but it just failed horribly. I don't want this guild to crumble, and I want to see it alive and well again. I'm honestly worried that Gaia as a whole is starting to lose activity and that is frightening. We have to work together has guild members to bring this back to life. I want that so badly sad

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:54 pm
In all honesty, if we care about this guild as much as we are claiming in this post, then why don't we create some roleplays and be members of each others roleplay, if that makes any sense? It will increase activity and other members who are lingering, like myself, will see the activity and that may spark interest in roleplaying once more, people may start creating more roleplays, we can gather folks from Barton like someone mentioned in an earlier post. I think instead of sitting here and complaining about it the to the Vice Captain won't do much because she can't do much right now without the Captain's approval, why not try and fix it ourselves? There's quite a few of us, who all my have different ideas, each one of us create a roleplay and join eachother's roleplays, even if it isn't something we may not normally join, it will boost activity and could start up this guild again. I'm going to recreate one of my old roleplays (or make a new one), I'll post it on here when all the details are done. What do y'all think? (I'm from Texas, I do not apologize for my usage of the word y'all).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:19 pm
Flawless Fire
In all honesty, if we care about this guild as much as we are claiming in this post, then why don't we create some roleplays and be members of each others roleplay, if that makes any sense? It will increase activity and other members who are lingering, like myself, will see the activity and that may spark interest in roleplaying once more, people may start creating more roleplays, we can gather folks from Barton like someone mentioned in an earlier post. I think instead of sitting here and complaining about it the to the Vice Captain won't do much because she can't do much right now without the Captain's approval, why not try and fix it ourselves? There's quite a few of us, who all my have different ideas, each one of us create a roleplay and join eachother's roleplays, even if it isn't something we may not normally join, it will boost activity and could start up this guild again. I'm going to recreate one of my old roleplays (or make a new one), I'll post it on here when all the details are done. What do y'all think? (I'm from Texas, I do not apologize for my usage of the word y'all).

That's the spirit. I encourage you to continue to strive after what you want. You do not need approval or help. You are capable. Believe in yourself and the ideal you want to achieve. 3nodding  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:43 pm
Novama
Victoria san
Graylex
xXJustified_DeathXx
Darastri lexex
Nicko1421
me know it all
sabreworg
Skreemer
EucalyptusCoral
Xcon299
KiraxBingBing-Chan
Krylancelo Mooncrest
Wazi Kong
OwnKindOfParadise_92
Kalima Nightmore

Okay lovelies, I quoted everyone who has commented just to get y'alls attention, I have created a roleplay, it's not best but certainly not my worst. I wanted to start up on old roleplay of mine, Changing Seasons, but 12 people are required for that roleplay since it's a massive idea and I didn't think everyone would be interested. Check it out if you wish, it's linked up! I quoted the old members to see if they wanted to restart it once more, one person has already expressed interest in that so that's wonderful! If you guys like the idea, let me know and I'll recreate that one once more. The new roleplay idea I have is Dont Let Me Drown, based on the song Drown by Bring Me The Horizon and the show Pretty Little Liars. Check it out, it is also linked in. I think if we all get together and start making new roleplays and posting them here and quoting each other, it may help generate activity once again. What do you guys think of all this? c:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:38 pm
Flawless Fire
Novama
Victoria san
Graylex
xXJustified_DeathXx
Darastri lexex
Nicko1421
me know it all
sabreworg
Skreemer
EucalyptusCoral
Xcon299
KiraxBingBing-Chan
Krylancelo Mooncrest
Wazi Kong
OwnKindOfParadise_92
Kalima Nightmore

Okay lovelies, I quoted everyone who has commented just to get y'alls attention, I have created a roleplay, it's not best but certainly not my worst. I wanted to start up on old roleplay of mine, Changing Seasons, but 12 people are required for that roleplay since it's a massive idea and I didn't think everyone would be interested. Check it out if you wish, it's linked up! I quoted the old members to see if they wanted to restart it once more, one person has already expressed interest in that so that's wonderful! If you guys like the idea, let me know and I'll recreate that one once more. The new roleplay idea I have is Dont Let Me Drown, based on the song Drown by Bring Me The Horizon and the show Pretty Little Liars. Check it out, it is also linked in. I think if we all get together and start making new roleplays and posting them here and quoting each other, it may help generate activity once again. What do you guys think of all this? c:

has checked out you RP..... sadly i don't think i join this one....real pic we don't do, and we not lit. enough to meet the rule set. sorry.  

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:42 pm
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama

Xcon299

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Kalima Nightmore

Flawless Fire

I quoted all that have posted in here thus far so I can address you all as one. I know I'm not the Captain, but I am VC. I wasn't made to be one of the VC's if our Captain didn't see leadership in me. I know I'm a leader by heart. I know what we need here and how to achieve it. However that does not mean that I am going to go behind the leaders back unless I'm passed the torch. Who knows if that's going to happen. I've already quoted her in the Crew forum and even for the roll call. I just don't know if anyone's heart is in it anymore and that leaves me in a rough position.

Fire, thank you so much for creating the two rp's! I think you have a great idea and there is one I'm currently working on joining right now from another member. I'll post a link in here when I get a chance. I'm dealing with some IRL stuff at the moment, making it a bit harder for me to be on every day. Work and the like have been completely booked up. ANYWAY!

I think that if all of us work together and actually work on things, we can bring this back to life. I agree with the separation of categories. It's hard to fit an rp into a specific genre, especially with ours so narrowed down. You guys know the rules of Gaia and the general rules, there really shouldn't be so many rules around here. There are simply too many and restrict the creative flow.

As for the younger members joining, that's why we want the older rper's, the vets if you will, to step up and lend a hand. I know I wouldn't have become the skilled writer I am today if my friend's hadn't taken a chance on me when I was young an inexperienced. My hope is that we can spread that learning. I wasn't omitted from RP's because of my literary short comings, but instead was treated as equal and gently guided into a better writing form. I think THOSE are the types of forums we need. Ones with more relaxed literary standards that allow the growth of rper's without putting them through a 'school'. That's just my opinion. Why make someone feel like they aren't good enough to join when we restrict those that truly want to try and grow and rp with those that have been doing this for a while.

Another issue I want to address is the attitude that I'm noticing. We all need to have an open mind. Telling someone that they are sitting on the 'sidelines' and making people feel like they aren't doing much isn't fair. I appreciate the leadership that is trying to be taken here, but it's unacceptable and I will not tolerate it when it's said in such a blunt, unkind way. We have to remember as a group that what we type can come off different ways and either will draw in groups of people, or drive them away. That's all I have to say on that.

Now an idea I've had and would like the opinion on is starting a fresh guild. A break off of this one. Perhaps a second one where we can send out a Guild Announcement with the link and a word for easy re-acceptance. It would allow a clean slate. Links of course would be posted to continue rps or the few rp's we have in here, could remain here. It doesn't matter to me. We can cut down the amount of categories we have in here and really give the place a clean look. Right now, it's a mess. I walk in and feel like I'm stepping into a hoarder's home. New rules would be placed to keep the place tidy and of course, we would cut back on some of the rules that are honestly just a tad bit overboard. Not to mention, I can't imagine what the new comers feel like when they see the amount of chaos. They will feel out of place and like they came too late into the game. Just the appearance when you first walk in is overwhelming and you aren't sure where to go first. Your eyes lead you everywhere. Unfortunately people judge a book by it's cover.

Let me know what you all think and some more options that you think we could use. I would appreciate it. I'm also sorry for such a late reply. I've been working and been busy and just now had time to sit down and really think out what I needed to type and inform you all of.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:52 pm
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama

Xcon299

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Kalima Nightmore

Flawless Fire

I quoted all that have posted in here thus far so I can address you all as one. I know I'm not the Captain, but I am VC. I wasn't made to be one of the VC's if our Captain didn't see leadership in me. I know I'm a leader by heart. I know what we need here and how to achieve it. However that does not mean that I am going to go behind the leaders back unless I'm passed the torch. Who knows if that's going to happen. I've already quoted her in the Crew forum and even for the roll call. I just don't know if anyone's heart is in it anymore and that leaves me in a rough position.

Fire, thank you so much for creating the two rp's! I think you have a great idea and there is one I'm currently working on joining right now from another member. I'll post a link in here when I get a chance. I'm dealing with some IRL stuff at the moment, making it a bit harder for me to be on every day. Work and the like have been completely booked up. ANYWAY!

I think that if all of us work together and actually work on things, we can bring this back to life. I agree with the separation of categories. It's hard to fit an rp into a specific genre, especially with ours so narrowed down. You guys know the rules of Gaia and the general rules, there really shouldn't be so many rules around here. There are simply too many and restrict the creative flow.

As for the younger members joining, that's why we want the older rper's, the vets if you will, to step up and lend a hand. I know I wouldn't have become the skilled writer I am today if my friend's hadn't taken a chance on me when I was young an inexperienced. My hope is that we can spread that learning. I wasn't omitted from RP's because of my literary short comings, but instead was treated as equal and gently guided into a better writing form. I think THOSE are the types of forums we need. Ones with more relaxed literary standards that allow the growth of rper's without putting them through a 'school'. That's just my opinion. Why make someone feel like they aren't good enough to join when we restrict those that truly want to try and grow and rp with those that have been doing this for a while.

Another issue I want to address is the attitude that I'm noticing. We all need to have an open mind. Telling someone that they are sitting on the 'sidelines' and making people feel like they aren't doing much isn't fair. I appreciate the leadership that is trying to be taken here, but it's unacceptable and I will not tolerate it when it's said in such a blunt, unkind way. We have to remember as a group that what we type can come off different ways and either will draw in groups of people, or drive them away. That's all I have to say on that.

Now an idea I've had and would like the opinion on is starting a fresh guild. A break off of this one. Perhaps a second one where we can send out a Guild Announcement with the link and a word for easy re-acceptance. It would allow a clean slate. Links of course would be posted to continue rps or the few rp's we have in here, could remain here. It doesn't matter to me. We can cut down the amount of categories we have in here and really give the place a clean look. Right now, it's a mess. I walk in and feel like I'm stepping into a hoarder's home. New rules would be placed to keep the place tidy and of course, we would cut back on some of the rules that are honestly just a tad bit overboard. Not to mention, I can't imagine what the new comers feel like when they see the amount of chaos. They will feel out of place and like they came too late into the game. Just the appearance when you first walk in is overwhelming and you aren't sure where to go first. Your eyes lead you everywhere. Unfortunately people judge a book by it's cover.

Let me know what you all think and some more options that you think we could use. I would appreciate it. I'm also sorry for such a late reply. I've been working and been busy and just now had time to sit down and really think out what I needed to type and inform you all of.

I would love to help create a new guild as an extension from this one. It's a fantastic idea and I am most certainly on board for it. I love roleplaying and I don't want to see it die on Gaia. I haven't found any sites that have roleplaying forums like Gaia once did, and it's something I truly love and have grown from. I want to help as much as possible. I keep refreshing my tab for Gaia in case anyone responds in all honesty. xD

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:01 pm
Flawless Fire
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama

Xcon299

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Kalima Nightmore

Flawless Fire

I would love to help create a new guild as an extension from this one. It's a fantastic idea and I am most certainly on board for it. I love roleplaying and I don't want to see it die on Gaia. I haven't found any sites that have roleplaying forums like Gaia once did, and it's something I truly love and have grown from. I want to help as much as possible. I keep refreshing my tab for Gaia in case anyone responds in all honesty. xD

i did join the other fantasy RP in this guild, Chronicles of Heedan, and try to join the. no more heros, but was not lit enough to join that one....
it just started, and we could use more players.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 pm
Flawless Fire
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama

Xcon299

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Kalima Nightmore

Flawless Fire

I'm down to help.  

Victoria san

Fashionable Businesswoman

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 pm
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama

Xcon299

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Kalima Nightmore

Flawless Fire

Starting up a new guild? An extension of this one. I would be ready to help for that. We could have clean forums and make it simple. In fact for those who started rps here to get this guild revived could easily transfer everything over to the new one. This could get activity starting right away. Of course we can get the people from this thread to come over and join. As well Coral with you being a vice captain here you can send out announcements about it and perhaps pull more people to the new guild. Not only that we can get some new faces joining in too. You got people to back you up for this. Count me in to make this happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 pm
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama

Xcon299

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Kalima Nightmore

Flawless Fire

I own 3 guilds so I know the problem you're facing here. One, my main one, is in my sig. I've got some dedicated rpers clinging to it and I'm excellent at building fantasy and fiction rps. I'd love to repost my Arena Z idea to get more attention. It needs a good few people in it.  

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:56 pm
Kalima Nightmore

I own 3 guilds so I know the problem you're facing here. One, my main one, is in my sig. I've got some dedicated rpers clinging to it and I'm excellent at building fantasy and fiction rps. I'd love to repost my Arena Z idea to get more attention. It needs a good few people in it.

Then be apart of the new guild idea. You can go on and put this Arena Z into it. I would be happy to join it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 pm
A new guild sounds good it would make it much easier for me to try and find roleplays to join, I've only just gotten here basically and everything is inactive or hard to find  

skyler dama

Friendly Cultist

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 pm
Well then, let's do it lovelies! Not everyone replied to Coral, but I truly believe everyone would be on board with this. We all love roleplaying, I don't know about y'all, but it's most certainly in my blood and I know I've beaten it over the head, but I seriously love it man. I can recruit old roleplaying buddies of mine as well who are still active, I know there are people who don't want this to die. So let's make it happen. We can start fresh and bring back the liveliness this guild once had. We have a lot of potential as individuals and putting out potential all together will certainly work wonders.There are some things we should consider: Who is going to create this new guild? How are captains and vice captains going to work? You'll need responsible people who care for the guild and can lead. I think Coral should be captain for the new guild that is created, no offense to the captain of this guild, I can imagine she has things going on in real life, we all do. But she hasn't been here to help. I won't hold that against her whatsoever, but it is true. We need someone we can count on to lead and I think Coral would be perfect as captain. I would love to work alongside her, but I think either Coral should decide (if she wants to be captain of course) who she wants to work alongside with, or the guild votes when they have enough members. What do y'all think?

The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games