Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder Oriental Campaign [Now Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
loth17 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 2, 5, 6 Total: 74 (20-120)

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 pm
I am going to be a Ninja which is a class i have never played before.
In fact i have never played any of the dexterity classes.  
loth17 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 5, 3 Total: 16 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:17 pm
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Other than the seven these are fine stats.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:25 pm
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Well you could use a racial bonus to raise it. You'll also be getting a +1 from level four to add to a stat, either of those can help pad it. otherwise though, yeah, pretty good  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 pm
iLL iNTENT
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Well you could use a racial bonus to raise it. You'll also be getting a +1 from level four to add to a stat, either of those can help pad it. otherwise though, yeah, pretty good

What would be a good ninja race that exists in this campaign?  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:31 pm
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Ratfolk and the Wayang are probably the best at it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:33 pm
iLL iNTENT
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Also do bows in pathfinder gain damage based on your dexterity like swords do for strength?  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:35 pm
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Also do bows in pathfinder gain damage based on your dexterity like swords do for strength?

They do not. Compound bows can gain a strength damage, however. Otherwise, there's a new feat called deadly shot, that works like power attack for ranged weapons. a must have for any archer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Since someones already making a kitsune I think I'm going to go for an Oni based tiefling, either a fighter or barbarian.  

Kowsauni
Crew

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:44 pm
iLL iNTENT
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
iLL iNTENT

They do not. Compound bows can gain a strength damage, however. Otherwise, there's a new feat called deadly shot, that works like power attack for ranged weapons. a must have for any archer.

Perhaps i could use a repeating crossbow it is strong and has great range.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm
iLL iNTENT
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Could i play a catfolk? I would prefer to stay medium size and they wouldn't be that unthinkable in a world with Tengu and ratfolk.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:09 am
Aright this is as far as I got with Takara tonight. I'll finish her up tomorrow after work.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:15 am
iLL iNTENT

Well on your weapon, you can only afford a +1 bonus right now. Adding both deadly and valiant would bring it up to a total of a +3 bonus, which would cost 18,000.

Deadly can't be applied to a katana anyhow. Deadly only goes on a weapon that usually deals nonlethal damage, such as a whip, or sap. Valiant could be applied, but a weapon needs to have at least a +1 bonus before a special ability can be applied.

I see a lot of players, and even DMs make mistakes when making magic weapons and armor. I'm thinking of actually writing up a tutorial and posting it in its own thread as kind of a PSA

EDIT:
Also, a longbow can't be used on horseback. If you're wanting to do some mounted archery, you'll need a shortbow.

Actually Katana's Start with Deadly. Here It's not the Enchantment Deadly, it's the Quality Deadly, which gives it a +4 bonus on Coup De Graces

And Fixed the Bow problem.  

Winter Wondork

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:34 am
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
iLL iNTENT
loth17
loth17

7 (Ouch)

Could i play a catfolk? I would prefer to stay medium size and they wouldn't be that unthinkable in a world with Tengu and ratfolk.

I suppose, go on ahead  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 am
Kowsauni
Aright this is as far as I got with Takara tonight. I'll finish her up tomorrow after work.

applying both +1 and flaming to your sword would cost 8,000, which you can't afford with your spending limit. you'll start with just the +1 for now, and later on, you can make an offering worth 6,000gp at a shrine to gain the flaming quality  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:39 am
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

Well on your weapon, you can only afford a +1 bonus right now. Adding both deadly and valiant would bring it up to a total of a +3 bonus, which would cost 18,000.

Deadly can't be applied to a katana anyhow. Deadly only goes on a weapon that usually deals nonlethal damage, such as a whip, or sap. Valiant could be applied, but a weapon needs to have at least a +1 bonus before a special ability can be applied.

I see a lot of players, and even DMs make mistakes when making magic weapons and armor. I'm thinking of actually writing up a tutorial and posting it in its own thread as kind of a PSA

EDIT:
Also, a longbow can't be used on horseback. If you're wanting to do some mounted archery, you'll need a shortbow.

Actually Katana's Start with Deadly. Here It's not the Enchantment Deadly, it's the Quality Deadly, which gives it a +4 bonus on Coup De Graces

And Fixed the Bow problem.

oh that's right, my mistake. it was listed with the +1, so that confused me.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff