Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
❀ ℊaians in ℊlitter ❀ new raffle in 4th post!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I'm going to splurge, it'll be on...
  Eye products (eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)
  Face products (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
  Contour products (blush, bronzer, etc.)
  Lip products (lipstick, gloss, balm, etc.)
  Pizza (supreme, veggie, sausage, etc.)
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:09 am
Yeah, I saw that from another guru! Promise Phan, I think. It's such a cool concept for wanting to try new lip products without shelling out a ton of money at the drugstore or a department store. 3nodding

Madam Chai
I'm procrastinating on doing dishes and goofing off on youtube. Came across this video- make your own lipstick from crayola crayons.

Stupid yahoo insert isn't working for me, so screw it-just tossing up a link scream

Crayola lipstick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:10 am
What are her Bubbiosity videos?

iLollipopss
Ebania
What's your favorite Bubzbeauty video? I love the one on makeup removal )(I actually use Leed beauty puffs because of Bubz, haha) and having a spa day at home. I'm not big into her hair or makeup tutorials, but I'll watch them.

iLollipopss
Yeeah, I know right
I didn't believe it at first and till I watched the video emotion_awesome

I like her monthly favourite videos.
Samee, I also like her bubbiosity videos

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Auntie sindy

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:32 am
❀ What is your everyday makeup routine?
I don't wear make up. Instead I moisturize my face using OLAY SPF complete care cream. I apply this in the morning and at night time. It makes my skin super smooth and soft.
I use Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Pink when I am out as it gives me a pinky colour and also makes me lips soft. When I'm at home, I use the Aloe Vera Vaseline. Again, the Vaseline is great for my lips, as my lip is super dry all the time.
Occassionaly if I'm out with friends etc, I would wear my fake eyelashes by Cheryl Cole and apply Maybelline's mascara. My face is natural, and I do not like to wear makeup as I hate removing them at night. But because my eyelashes are short, I like to wear fake lashes to make them look longer.

❀ What is one product you could not live without?
My Vaseline Lip Therapy! I do not like dry lips at all, and if I do have dry lips, I tend to pick on them or bite them.

❀ When do you feel the most beautiful?
When my face is free from sports and when it's smooth and soft.

TMI
My guru on Youtube is Bubzbeauty and CupcaaakeLOVE.
I love Bubzbeauty's hair tutorial and her vlogs. I met her a couple of times in Hong Kong and she is so nice, and actually rememebers me xD
I like Domo and Chubbi heart I actually want her dogs, but in reality I am scared of dogs especially when they bark sweatdrop
CupcaaakeLove is another guru who I love watching. I love her haircolour, and I actually had my hair dyed like hers, but my blonde highlights turned into brassy colour <.<  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:42 am
Ebania
Yeah, I saw that from another guru! Promise Phan, I think. It's such a cool concept for wanting to try new lip products without shelling out a ton of money at the drugstore or a department store. 3nodding

Madam Chai
I'm procrastinating on doing dishes and goofing off on youtube. Came across this video- make your own lipstick from crayola crayons.

Stupid yahoo insert isn't working for me, so screw it-just tossing up a link scream

Crayola lipstick

It is, it is. There's different ways to make it, too. And you can make lip gloss as well. =D  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

iLollipopss

Generous Giver

12,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:08 pm
Ebania
What are her Bubbiosity videos?

iLollipopss
Ebania
What's your favorite Bubzbeauty video? I love the one on makeup removal )(I actually use Leed beauty puffs because of Bubz, haha) and having a spa day at home. I'm not big into her hair or makeup tutorials, but I'll watch them.

iLollipopss
Yeeah, I know right
I didn't believe it at first and till I watched the video emotion_awesome

I like her monthly favourite videos.
Samee, I also like her bubbiosity videos

Like comedy videos  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:18 pm
Ebania
Oh my gosh, thank you for posting something so amazing!

Ponds is a great brand. I used their makeup remover wipes for a little while before going back to my trusty Neutrogena ones. Natural looks are always my favorite, too!

I'm happy that your husband is so loving, and congratulations on having a baby, and I adore your openness in your post. I left the last question open-ended for that reason, because "beautiful" can mean many things, whereas "attractive," "sexy," or "gorgeous" are words charged with very specific meanings. Again, thank you or sharing!

Thanks! Yeah I think the cool thing about natural looking make up for me is that it fits in anywhere and you can always add a little something to glam it up without doing too much.  

Violette Cielle

Tipsy Vampire

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:19 pm
Hey Sindy! So glad to see you in the thread.

Yeah, I do have to say -- the worst part of wearing makeup is removing it at night. So annoying and tedious, but it feels so good once you're done, that much is true.

I've never heard of CupcaaakeLove! I'll have to check her out. And omg, you met Bubz?! That's so amazing! What was she like in person? Same as in her videos?

Auntie sindy
I don't wear make up. Instead I moisturize my face using OLAY SPF complete care cream. I apply this in the morning and at night time. It makes my skin super smooth and soft.
I use Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Pink when I am out as it gives me a pinky colour and also makes me lips soft. When I'm at home, I use the Aloe Vera Vaseline. Again, the Vaseline is great for my lips, as my lip is super dry all the time.
Occassionaly if I'm out with friends etc, I would wear my fake eyelashes by Cheryl Cole and apply Maybelline's mascara. My face is natural, and I do not like to wear makeup as I hate removing them at night. But because my eyelashes are short, I like to wear fake lashes to make them look longer.

My Vaseline Lip Therapy! I do not like dry lips at all, and if I do have dry lips, I tend to pick on them or bite them.

TMI
I love Bubzbeauty's hair tutorial and her vlogs. I met her a couple of times in Hong Kong and she is so nice, and actually rememebers me xD
I like Domo and Chubbi heart I actually want her dogs, but in reality I am scared of dogs especially when they bark sweatdrop
CupcaaakeLove is another guru who I love watching. I love her haircolour, and I actually had my hair dyed like hers, but my blonde highlights turned into brassy colour <.<

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:28 pm
@ Madam Chai: Yeah! I've heard that you can make it with any powder eyeshadow or blush and some Vaseline.

@ iLollipopss: Ah, ok. Are those on her main channel, or her vlog channel?

@ Violette Cielle: For sure! A basic face is a great base on which to try new (or classic) bold trends, such as a new color eyeliner or lip color. For example, yesterday, I wore a very basic eye look I created with my Naked 3 palette, with some black winged eyeliner that I created by dipping my angled eyeliner brush into water and then into some matte, black eyeshadow from my Naked Basics palette. I paired that with a bold, red lip; the color is "Pirate", by Chanel.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With a super-strong eye look, the overall effect wouldn't have been as elegant, or had the vintage feel I was going for.

Madam Chai
It is, it is. There's different ways to make it, too. And you can make lip gloss as well. =D
iLollipopss
Like comedy videos
Violette Cielle
Thanks! Yeah I think the cool thing about natural looking make up for me is that it fits in anywhere and you can always add a little something to glam it up without doing too much.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

iLollipopss

Generous Giver

12,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:30 pm
Ebania

Her Bubbiosity channel <--- thts what it's called  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:35 pm
Wow, I feel silly! I had no clue that that channel existed! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

iLollipopss
Ebania

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Violette Cielle

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm
Ebania

wow that looks so neat. I can't do wings like that neatly on my own, lol, i'd just ask someone to help me XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:42 pm
Ebania
Wow, I feel silly! I had no clue that that channel existed! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

iLollipopss
Ebania

Your Welcomee ! (:
She's not tht active with tht channel.
It seems like she posts 1 video in a year.  

iLollipopss

Generous Giver

12,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:22 pm
Another fun makeup tutorial on youtube. Rainbow cheetah eyes! emotion_awesome

Would anyone wear this? I would, maybe for Halloween, or a keg party XD

Youtube rainbow cheetah eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 am
I'm loving this thread, and maybe I'll learn and try something new.

Yup, and Bubz is ever so nice. Most of the time I saw her was in Mong Kok. Bubz is so small as well emotion_kirakira

Ebania
Hey Sindy! So glad to see you in the thread.

Yeah, I do have to say -- the worst part of wearing makeup is removing it at night. So annoying and tedious, but it feels so good once you're done, that much is true.

I've never heard of CupcaaakeLove! I'll have to check her out. And omg, you met Bubz?! That's so amazing! What was she like in person? Same as in her videos?

Auntie sindy

TMI

Auntie sindy

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:20 pm
@ Violette Cielle: Haha, thank you! It took a lot of practice. I highly recommend practicing with eyeshadow before graduating to gel/liquid liners, which are less forgiving. If you mess up shadow, you can blend it out and keep trying, or get a color close to your skin tone and use that to trace alongside the border of the liner, to make it crisper and more defined. I wet my eyeliner brush before dipping it into the shadow, making it of a gel-like consistency; it then goes on wet, dries to a powder, but is still blendable.

@ iLollipopss: Yeah, unfortunately, I see that. sad Well, her vlogs are entertaining, too! She's so cute.

@ Madam Chai: That's a little too bold for me, personally, but she is definitely talented! Love that seamless blending between the two shades on each lid. My favorite guru is Lisa Eldridge; I feel like her looks are the most beautiful and timeless among those I've seen on YouTube. But each cosmetic junkie has his/her own tastes, and that's perfectly ok! smile

@ Auntie sindy: Aww, well, I hope we all learn something new from this thread! We can all learn from each other. Also, I just Googled Mong Kok and that looks like the best thing ever. I love bustling metropolises (Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Oxford Street in London, etc.), so that looks like something I would enjoy tremendously. And I'm sure she is small! She's my height, I think, haha.

Violette Cielle
iLollipopss
Madam Chai
Auntie sindy

☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items