Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
"The Inquisitors." (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 pm
(OOC: I might not be able to post yet everyone as I have to be leaving where I'm at around 4, but I have work at 5 till 10 or 11 tonight, so I will definitely have a chance to reply later, I just hope it doesn't take too long. xp )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm
User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan stayed totally relaxed, unable to make her grin disappear totally.She found this Inquisitor buisness rather funny, know half the people here would probably freeze up in their first battle with a demon.Speaking of which, she glanced at Crimson, raising an eyebrow slightly when she caught him staring, before returning her attention to the others and the conversation.

She glanced at Moore, unsure of why he was grinning at her.She had no love for the Temple, save for those who had taught her.They were the only reason she'd come out of the place alive and in one piece.She'd fight for what she believed in, and it certainly wasn't what the old man did.She idly wondered how he'd react if she told him that the Guardian wasn't the One, but rather a pagan god.She shook her head slightly.

Listening to the two soldiers, giving a half smile when one mentioned re-deployment sot the Isles.She fought in the civil war herself, albeit unwillingly and in chains, but she had done so.She knew the reluctance one felt when it came to being deployed to such places.A slight shadow passed her face at the memories but she brushed them aside, her face going passive again.

Sensing, and seeing, Tessa's reaction to the soldiers, she pushed away from the wall and walked over to the group, effectively putting herself between the unstable wolf and the men while all the while making it look as if she just needed to be closer to hear properly.Sheglanced at the woman, a slight warning in her eyes.She knew the dangers of exposure, but she wasn't sure Tessa's did.

She simply gave James a cheeky smile at his pause before snorting a laugh "So you think.Many of the instructors will be coming at you in ways you'll never expect." She left it at that as she watched another newcomer entire.She froze, her skin crawling in warning dispite the fact she couldn't see the man's face, much less the way he spoke.

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 pm
Pendleton Moore, Ex-executioner of the Wicked

Pendleton waved off the Chancellor's concerns over the harming of citizens.
"Yeah, yeah, we're all square there. No burning, raping, pillaging, didn't plan on it. I'm not THAT unscrewed, jeesh."
Glancing over at Crimson, he sighed softly.
"And I suppose I can refrain from smiting this particular Hellspawn.... At least until this is over."
Glaring at Crimson, he made his point of gesturing that he'd be keeping his eyes on him, and resumed his observations of the group. As the latecomer entered the room, his gaze narrowed, scrutinizing the cloaked figure. Alchemist? Usually that term was thrown about mockingly, but if this one had a 'history' with the Monarchy, well, maybe he wasn't your average 'alchemist'.

Lieutenant Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

Lowsley held up a hand, shook his head.
"No need for the rush with the barrister, no use handing back the family asset's until I've earned them. As long as they don't fall back into the hands of my traitorous siblings, I can wait."
Lowsley turned slightly to bring Mrs. Lozi better into the view of his lone eye. He wasn't sure, but he'd thought he'd caught the telltale signs that she hated his affiliation to House Black out of the corner of his vision. Staring at her a few seconds longer, he confirmed the assumption and turned back to the Chancellor. So far the group seemed well-rounded, though he would operate under the assumption that Mrs. Lozi, the Lishundan duelist, and the assassin know as Kimi had a stronger than usual reason to dislike him. Mrs. Lozi based off her composure just now, and the other two because, well, they were foreign. He didn't doubt that at some point during their time here that House Black had left an impression on them, one they'd remember. He resumed listening to the Chancellor, taking down excellent mental notes of the proceeding. He assumed Captain Morris, as he usually did, wasn't paying rather close attention, and would expect him to provide answers. The man had taken too many hits to the helmet it seemed sometimes. As yet another member of the group entered the room, Lowsley couldn't help but frown a bit. An alchemist, no doubt working for the Office of Science and Magic. Based on what he gathered from the time one of his brothers worked there, the place was a bit too... experimental, for his liking. A few crackpots short of a working mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm
User Image
Tessa Lozi

The Chancellor looked confused. He composed it well enough, but you can only expect to hide so much from a werewolf, whose profession was espionage. She arched her brows at him as he studied her, going for aloof, but feeling impatient with this man. She didn’t care to turn her eyes towards the scum in the room, but her rigidity seemed to incline that she was not pleased.

At the same time as the staredown, the second woman in the room casually stepped forward, boking her peripheral view of the Ex House Black’s men. She was surprised into turning her head, and caught the warning look.

She was being read like a book.

"How much?”

Tessa snapped her head back to the Chancellor eagerly, heat spreading across her cheeks with embrassment.

“Well, name a price and I'll see what I can do. I have a hard time putting maximum limits on things, so I'd rather just see if what you're thinking is doable or not."

Tessa opened her mouth, her demands already on her tongue, and then she felt a skin-crawling sensation slither down her spine. The doors to the Chancellor’s private room creaked inwards, admitting a cloaked figure. The hair on the back of Tessa’s neck, already erect from Crimson’s transformation, nearly popped off the back of her neck. His face was hidden in pitch black shadow, and under the shapeless cloak, all she had to judge him by was his voice.

“Greetings, Boy King,” he pronounced in a jovial tone. "For what grand purpose does His Excellency summon the lonely Old Alchemist?"

The Chancellor answered as if they were already familiar, and introduced him vaguely, and the discussion moved on. As the young, blond assassin made her---er---his demands, seemingly so virtuous, Tessa daintily slipped her hand into the velvet green clutch she’d brought with her. She took out a pad of paper slips and a short but elegant feather-fashioned capped pen. She dabbed it against her tongue and scrawled, in lovely looping letters, half a million standards. She ground her teeth as the Chancellor offered the House Black man his demands with good grace, and took pleasure in loudly ripping the slip of paper off her pad.

Tessa cleared her throat and stepped forward. She placed the pad on his desk, with the information of her private account. “That is my price, your Majesty. I also will request a royal pardon for the future.” She slid her finger over the note to the bottom. “This condition, above all else, is mandatory,” she dictated. It read: Discounted access to information from the Royal Intelligence Agency at any time, concerning any material I want.

She’d be willing to negotiate her price down considerably from 500’000 Standards. She didn’t need a pardon. However, from the look in her eyes, she would fight tooth and claw, literally, for access to the agency’s limitless archives and intelligence.  

Cement Cake

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 pm
James

James turned his attention to Kimi, who spoke in an almost soft tone as he made his wishes known. James's face was a blank slate now, as James preferred at this moment to keep his feelings more closed off. "I can certainly send funds to a number of the orphanages. I'll speak with a few contacts and see how much money they are in need of. As for a false identity, we can do that as well. Blending in however is entirely up to you."

At one point James caught another remark from Aydan. He smirked slightly but didn't say anything else. If people from the Temple wanted him dead, then they would just have to get in line first. And right now, it was probably a very long line.

Pendleton spoke up again and James found himself cocking a smile. This man was a bit extreme... But James couldn't help but feel that the man probably had a likeable side to him. James wondered what would have happened if this man had become a grandfather. Or had he? "Well Mr. Moore, I didn't think you were, but it always helps to put down some guidelines. And I'm glad you can refrain yourself from attacking Crimson. I suspect he will be greatly supportive to all of you in this quest." James let his eyes slide over to Mr. Lowsley again. "Ah yes, I had heard things about your siblings. Well, not to worry, I will ensure that the documentation makes it to you and you alone. I'll be sure and have the barrister write you up as the sole heir to all your family assets. Your siblings won't even be able to bring it before a judge once we're done." James smiled slightly at the thought of that. "And however you wish to recieve them, I'll still have them written up soon. Just contact me when you're ready to take them, obviously you all know where I live, so that shouldn't be a problem."

There was a slight scribbling sound as some of the others spoke, so James turned his attention to Tessa once more, who was writing something down. When she laid down the paper on the table, he stared at it for a moment, his face showing no signs, no tells, no emotions. Money was easy. Intelligence was another thing. He looked back up at her, the sly, almost sarcastic smile on his face as he looked her in the eye, analyzing every bit of her, and not giving away any hints to his own emotions. After a moment he looked back at the note, still smiling.

"I'm known as 'Excellency', not 'majesty'. I also can't give a royal pardon, but I can give you an Imperial pardon, which is essentially the same thing." He looked back at her, sarcastic smile painted over an emotionless face. "His Highness King Richard Clarion was far more deserving of those phrases, not me." He picked up her note, folding it and placed it in his pocket, his eyes still locked onto hers. "You have a deal Ms. Lozi, but this one isn't going to be as simple to deal with as you think. A request this large requires a little something in return, and doing this mission for me won't be enough I'm afraid. I won't ask much of you, but I will ask something. Later of course. For now, I promise you will recieve the money. But later, we will have to discuss more details on your second request. I hope this is satisfactory to you." He ended his comment somewhat strongly, but without changing the sound of his voice, the look on his face, or his body language. It was something almost deeper about it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image
Tessa Lozi

Tessa’s mouth squeezed into a firm line as the Chancellor stared down at her note. She had no insight to his thought. He showed not a twitch, not a hint, not even a feeling. It was as if she were staring at a blank slate, and it made Tessa’s brow involuntarily furrow. What a complicated man. She supposed, in the grand scheme, it was useful for the ruler of Delcaria to be able to keep his composure against some of the most gifted analysts the rebels employed, but at the present it grated on her already raw and trembling nerves.

He slid his eyes up to hers. Her nerve was rigid. It didn’t buckle at the feeling that she was being analyzed by skills higher than hers. She gave him her unadulterated glare. This was no bluff on her part. If he wanted her to become some holy sign of mankind’s struggle against hell, she had better get the hell out of it.

A long second passed. And another. She regretted putting on this show in front of everyone gathered. She began to sweat fiercely, and her perfume seemed to lift into the air, as pungent as wet dog.

"I'm known as 'Excellency', not 'majesty'. I also can't give a royal pardon, but I can give you an Imperial pardon, which is essentially the same thing."

Tessa blinked, and suddenly flushed scarlet. Her training in manners had failed her. She had been calling him by the wrong title this whole time. Ugh, she must have looked like a fool. His smile was sarcastic, and it almost seemed condescending. She felt meek and childish, and took her hand off of the note, as well as a step back.

The Chancellor picked the note up, folded it, and tucked it into his pocket. "You have a deal Ms. Lozi, but this one isn't going to be as simple to deal with as you think. A request this large requires a little something in return, and doing this mission for me won't be enough I'm afraid. I won't ask much of you, but I will ask something. Later of course. For now, I promise you will receive the money. But later, we will have to discuss more details on your second request. I hope this is satisfactory to you."

Her blush faded, replacing her embarrassment with a thoughtful look of relief. She smiled and honest smile and dipped into a curtsey. “Yes. Thank you, Your Excellency.”

After rising, she bee-lined back to her side of the room She settled there, a few feet away from the woman, and in her shadow Tessa's tightly held posture slumped. She exhaled, closing her eyes for a moment and savoring the immense victory. Access to the agency. She felt light, as if she were a girl again, jumping to kick her heels together. Not only that, an imperial pardon would come in handy if she ever needed one, and with half a million standards, she could live like a noble, perhaps even purchase a title and rub elbows with the high bloods again. But none of that rang like joy to her ears. With the intelligence she’d have access to she might finally be able to track down and restore her life as it was meant to be.  

Cement Cake

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 pm
Crimson
King of the skies

Crimson shifted seeming to become impatient or uncomfortable; the magic in the room was becoming unbearable, his gaze shifted to them first to the two women the forsaken, what the humans would call were-beasts, the magic that poured from their curses. then to the demon hunter the old man didn’t have as much as the others but he could still feel it, then the younger one his head and arm wrapped in bandages underneath those he felt a demonic spirit trying to pry its way out. the animal man who calls himself vashani he has maybe the least amount same as jack but it still there, the man in the back wearing the dress was also part of this and yet none of them were hiding it, their magic simply flowed from them even the two soldiers had magic but it seemed unrefined or being taken from something else. he rested his hand on a small beam that looks like it was for decretive purposes, then the vampire walked in he tipped the scale on the others but none were as great as James the man had power and wasn’t afraid of flaunting it, if crimson could sweat he definitely would be doing it now the temptation of the magically infused blood around him was starting to get to him as he clenched his fist and splintered the small beam. He looked at it for a moment then back to the others, agitation growing in his voice,

"This is why I didn’t want to come here, all of you every single one of you has magic, and you either lack the knowledge or the sense to hide it"

he turned his head as it started to shake then looked back at them a wicked smile with vile intent creeping across his face, his eyes shut forcefully as did his fists, whatever he was going thru he was having trouble controlling it.

"Your blood your magic I can smell it... I CAN TASTE IT!"

he yelled at them as red wisps of magic peeled off him then stopped taking a few deep breaths he seemed to have calmed down, and was speaking in his normal relaxed tone again but was still a bit shaky,

"sorry but you have no idea how hard it is for me not to attack you, magically infused blood is like a drug it gives us strength energy and power but is highly addictive and dangerous" he didn’t look at them and was trying to concentrate on other things, "one of the things I will teach you is how to hide that, mostly so I don’t attack you but also so they can’t find you" he picked up his cloak and put it back on heading for the door he looks to James, "it would be best if I got some fresh air for a moment but carry on I will be able to hear you" he left the room in a hurry first making sure the illusion of the cloak was working, he didn’t want to get attacked by guards.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 pm
(OOC: @ Paper Satellite: I want to reply, really I do, but I should probably wait for a few others to post first. sweatdrop )
(Edit: And just as I finish posting that someone else posts. xd Well, that's okay, just unexpected.)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 pm
(OOC: Hope nobody minds, but I'm going to reply now since I won't be able to reply till tommorrow morning, plus I probably should have James react to Crimson considering what happened. That way hopefully it avoids guns blazing. sweatdrop )

James

James watched as Tessa hurried back to where she had come from, obviously embarrassed, or maybe frightened, by the little moment there. His face and body language remained the same, but he still had a small talking to himself.

'Well done Grand Chancellor, you're now capable of scaring poor women who have likely had their lives ruined in front of them. Truly, you are an amazing man.'

Obviously these were only James's thoughts, and he was glad no one could hear them, but he still felt a twinge of guilt inside for what he had done. James suddenly felt his attention being grabbed and thrown towards Crimson, who seemed to be getting very agitated. A sense of sincere concern went through James as he tightened his grip on his sword, ready to pull it out in an instant. He did not, in any way, want to kill, or even hurt, Crimson, but the lives of the others here had to outweigh the life of just him. Luckily, Crimson started to calm down, but not without breaking a decorational beam.

James looked the demon over as he prepared to respond. "Well, as it so happens Crimson, I've never really had the need to hide any of my powers, but then again it's not been entirely easy to either." James let his hand relax it's grip slightly, and then nodded as Crimson decided to get some air. "Whatever you need. We'll find you when we're done if you don't come back here first."

Once Crimson was gone, guards entered from a door on the other side of the room. "Sir?"They inquired. James waved them away. "It's fine, just contact whoever it was that did the wood carving for that support and tell him to be here tomorrow." The guards nodded and exited the room. James looked to everyone else, maintaining a cool exterior. "I hope this hasn't put any of you off. Please try your best to trust Crimson, as I am having to trust him as well right now. We need to be united in this effort if we're going to win." James looked behind himself for a moment before looking back at everyone else. "And ah, I don't think you'll need to worry too much for your own safety around Crimson. I've made certain arrangements that should help to keep you all safe."

Jack

Jack was totally slack jawed for a moment as he tried to piece together everything that had just happened. The people here REALLY were working wonders for making him wish he was in prison rather than here. He straightened himself up though and tried to calm himself. down. Last thing he wanted was to look like a piece of meat to the rest of them, should they view him as some sort of threat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 pm
Vashani Saani, The Wildly Tamed Guardian

Vashani stayed still and waited for others to speak. He could smell the many scents of where people came from. And from what was mentioned, it seemed that they were needed. If so Vashani was willing, but Vashani also had his duties to Juliet and the Capulet household. "Vashani is willing, but Vashani has one question... Who will guard Vashani's master Juliet? Vashani cannot simply leave... Well Vashani can, but Vashani does not wish to do so. Perhaps... No Juliet could not follow Vashani willy nilly... I will have to talk to my owner, Juliet. Vashani is well aware of what is at stake though, he's seen it written on the walls of ancient civilizations where he has lived before. Understood that language, had to learn new one." Vashani then quieted down as he soon found out he was rambling. There was no need to disclose any personal information to the others yet, although he was very happy and willing, especially with the scent of wilds about him, specifically, two females had caught his attention, the one in the strange armor with the claymore who had identified herself as Aydan, and the other, the one who seemed to be negotiating prices for them all, or at least herself.

Vashani went to all fours and simply began to walk, it was very nice to know that he was able to walk on all fours since others here did it as well. After all, he could smell it, even though the smell coming from their hands was distant, it was definitely there. The smell of wet earth. Perhaps Vashani could speak with them both. However Vashani watched as the two confronted one another, albeit through eye contact. He could read everything in their eyes. Then the new man came in. So many late people. "Vashani does not like tardiness, he was taught that it was bad to be late for things." He muttered, mostly to himself.

He sighed and stood on two legs again, having gotten his rest. No point in being rude to everyone if most were standing on two legs. It was simply unnatural for his posture. He was working on it, but it still hurt for extended periods of time.

Dante Kullorin, The Scowling Witch Hunter

Dante had realized the daemon next to them when he had first entered the room, he also knew why the old geezer was reacting the way he was. Dante had simply acted calmly and put his weapons back into their holsters, re clothing his arm and lifting his hat back up to cover his face. He did not speak much and simply waited for others to finish their bouts of frustration against one another. They were to be the new Inquisition eh? Sounded interesting. "I am willing to allow all of my pay go to the Church and The Office of Science and Magic. Split evenly for the cost of any supplies I may need from both. I would also like to the head of both before I depart and talk about my... pre-existing conditions. They're usually carefully monitored but if we are to undertake this job, I highly doubt I will be able to be in direct contact with either of them. This is a new foe to be encountered for me so whatever tactics that we have written down about anything that we may face would be a great resource. Let me create a list actually of all the things we will need help with to get this task underway."

As much as he hated the thing, Dante still carried a pen, an inkwell, and a small booklet meant for taking investigative notes. He then started to scrawl down a list of all the supplies they would need as well as the different factions that they would need full cooperation with. "One last thing Chancellor. Even though I will be undertaking this assignment... I am still loyal to the Church first, which means if they need me somewhere else, I will depart from the group to help them. I was trained by them and am loyal to them, their tasks come before your own."

((OOC:No color yet, I will add details on the next post.))  

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100

Korn On A Stik

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:47 am
Enki Zosimos Johann Faust
Harold Dobbs
Nicholas Flamel Victor Frankenstein User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Elder-Most Alchemist

Harold felt the weight of the room's collective attention shift to him momentarily. So many different stares. Especially the demon's, the creature's hunger nearly overwhelming. This was a very eclectic group. The Chancellor's counter to his greeting made Harold smirk ever so slightly. The Chancellor's humility admitted to being a boy, but his response to being called a king was what was really amusing. After seeing as many rulers as Harold have taking so many different titles thinking they were so different than the convention of a monarchy, really they were all the same. A king was a king, no matter the title they claimed.

Harold was tempted to trading wits with the Chancellor, but the others had already forgotten the newcomer and had turned their interests back to the Grand Chancellor. They began to bombard him with requests of payment for being an Inquisitor. Harold had no interest in discussing such matters. One of the palace secretaries knew him rather well and would be easily able to arrange Harold's payment. Really, an exact figure was irrelevant to him. Resources were resources, and they would be appropriated appropriately. At this point, numbers did not matter. Any number could only bring him closer to restoring Julia.

Suddenly, the demon's hunger, which had been raising ever so noticeably since Harold's entrance, spiked exponentially. The creature boomed of its strife, of containing its hunger. Harold was about to look to the Chancellor for indication of whether to terminate the beast, but just as quickly as it raged the demon politely excused itself and exited the room.

'So the beast is a magic eater? Very interesting. That will no doubt be tremendously valuable. And it has impeccable restraint. Even more valuable.'

Harold took the lull after the demon, Chancellor Bond called it Crimson, left to pace lightly to the right side of the room, keeping a good handful of meters between him and the other Inquisitors. Harold glanced about at his soon-to-be comrades: a beast-man that Harold's vague memory of the species told him most likely hailed from Southern Lindusha, a sturdy bearded man, a soldier bearing the marks of some sort of Colonel with a Captain close beside him, a wild-looking gray haired human, a young warrior woman, another young woman in a formal gown, and a human who he could not quite make out the gender of. Add the demon currently collecting himself outside and himself, Harold had very little hope of this conglomeration of miscreant to work harmoniously. But that really didn't matter to Harold. He didn't care what these mortals would or wouldn't squabble over. His business was to finish their demon hunt as quickly as possible so that he could return to his work. The dead do not raise themselves. And least, not often.

Despite not being thrilled about his conscription to the Boy King's Inquisition, he would not resist it. His ancient wealth now nearly exhausted, Harold needed Dalcaria's financial support. Glancing about the room, this time checking the windows, Harold decided that he would not be in danger of being damaged by direct sunlight.

Harold lowered his hood to reveal his face, deathly pale and lined with blue veins, to his compatriots. He wondered how many of them would recognize him as a vampire.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 am
Kimi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kimi waited for the chancellor to respond to his deal the only visible sign of his nervousness was the rigidity of his stance and his expression becoming closed off completely not even the polite smile that had been on it for a while. His eyes twitched to the woman, that had called herself the wolf of Whitehaven a title that Kimi recognized if only partially, as she pushed away from the wall she had been leaning against and walked over to the group. The woman did exceptionally well making the movement appear casual but Kimi could tell there was some purpose to it, oddly enough she had put herself between the other woman and the two men from the house of black, as far as he could guess it probably had something to do with the fact that the other woman seemed rigid and specifically not looking at the men. He quickly tore his attention away from the two not wanting to get caught watching and found his eyes landing on the chancellor again as he finally spoke

"I can certainly send funds to a number of orphanages. I'll speak with a few contacts and see how much money they are in need of. As for a false identity, we can do that as well. Blending in however is entirely up to you."

Kimi found himself sighing in relief as a real smile crossed his face quickly bowing in gratitude to the chancellor he said "That would be perfect your Excellency." his words were slightly rushed with his relief but they were filled with gratitude, he then grinned though slight mischievousness alight in his eyes as he added "And don't worry about blending in I am quite adept at it." After that Kimi relaxed happy in the knowledge that his wish would be met and that even if he died on this inquisition the orphanages would get some money. He let himself fade into the background as he watched the others make their demands and have them answered particularly focusing on the one woman who wrote her demands onto a note before handing it over to the chancellor leaving him curious as to what they were. It was slightly entertaining though when the woman became flushed because she had used the wrong the wrong title but he made sure not to let said entertainment show as it would be rude. Apparently her request though was so large that the chancellor felt he needed to ask for more from her which was odd, but Kimi shrugged it off whatever she asked for was no concern of his.

"This is why I didn't want to come here, all of you every single one of you has magic, and you either lack the knowledge or the sense to hide it."

Kimi raised an eyebrow when he glanced to the demon feeling understandably miffed as he was no child and he knew how to control and hide his magic, 'it should be hidden right....' his thought process trailed off before he blushed as he realized his careful control over his magic had become unraveled at some point probably when he was waiting for the Chancellor's response to his demands he quietly began to regather his magic to hide it rather than let it lash about outside him only to jerk when the demon yelled wisps of magic peeling off of him. Kimi's own magic jerked out of his control and caused crackles of lighting to surround him as it reacted to his surprise and fear trying to protect him.

Kimi grimaced as he pulled himself together shaking a bit as he watched the demon a little more carefully than before even as he apologized for what he did his control thoroughly shaken it took him a few moments to pull together his magic much less settle his shaking down to a slight tremble to his hands, the fact that the demon left the room helped him get himself back under some semblance of control. His eyes returned to the chancellor when he calmed down noticing that he had a tight grip on his sword, which was surprisingly reassuring then again the man was vaunted for his combat prowess.

"I hope this hasn't put any of you off. please try your best to trust Crimson..."

As the Chancellor went on Kimi grimaced as he wondered if he be able to trust the demon, he did know that he wouldn't be comfortable around the demon for a long while much less trust him. Taking some calming breaths he watched the other members of the rag tag group then back to the man that called himself an Alchemist that had seemed to be the one to cause the wild reaction from the demon and found himself nervous as he wondered just why he caused such a extreme reaction.

Xela_The_Red

Versatile Citizen

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 pm
Pendleton Moore, Ex-executioner of the Wicked

Pendleton flinched slightly at the Demon's outburst, before holding his manacled hand up to his face, unsuccessfully stifling a chuckle. Demons, demons, demons... Them and their sensitivity to magic. The aging Hunter knew full well how to mask his limited magical 'scent', he just chose not too unless dealing with serious threats. It always did amuse him watching the lesser demonkind recognize the aura and get excited over the potential for a kill, only to have to suffer being re-damned, or whatever happened when demons died. He'd have to ask Crimson about that, he'd always been curious, and none of the demons he'd encountered had much time, or life, to answer him. He was interested in what precautions the Chancellor had taken to protect the group from the demon. As the room went back into the swing of things, he felt somewhat disappointed in Dante's inability to remain devoted solely to this Crusade, but he understood. The Temple probably kept a tight leash on a man with his, distinctions. His attention was again drawn to the late coming Alchemist, glancing about the room, same as he did. Though there seemed to be more purpose to the Alchemist's glancing then there was to Pendleton's analysis of anything and everything. And at last, the figure lowered his hood, to reveal a pale face.
"Paler than a Whitehaven man in wintertime.... But then again, he probably spends his time locked away in a dark room of sorts working his craft. Still.... Add him to the list of things to poke with a stick when the chance comes, just to be practical."

Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

Captain Morris went for his shotgun as a matter of instinct during the demon's outburst, before remembering he'd left it outside along with his rifle.
"Magic? All of us, bah. Definitely no magic of the sort coming from over.... Oh. Right. Cursed. I guess that counts."
Thankfully, Crimson had some self-restraint, and escorted himself out. The Captain went back to sort of just standing there, catching snippets of the conversation. He'd gotten the gist of what was going on, but since there seemed to be no detailed planning to remembered, he turned his thoughts to other stuff. Like that noble looking looking like a fish gasping for breath on dry land. Well, maybe not that obvious, but the Chancellor seemed to have some sort of effect on her, like he was famous or.... Oh, right. Anyway, if she weren't a clear-cut member of the nobility, he'd find her rather attractive, she looked sort of like the girls back home in Kragdarroch, but, she was rich. And greedy, by the sounds of her request from the Chancellor. Looking over the Colonel, Captain Morris was a twinge surprised by his request. He'd assumed he was done with anything related to the family name, but he supposed the man did have a reason to retire. If anything, he'd have guessed Lowsley would've asked for some help hunting down his House Black family, and then front row seats to the execution. He'd said something during the war about wishing burning at the stake was still an acceptable form of corporal punishment. Morris couldn't relate, he hadn't thought about asking for anything. He just assumed this expedition would fall under danger pay, which was good enough for him. He wondered if the Alchemist, who looked like he could use some serious sun, was getting out of this. Rocks probably, and nice ones at that. He felt slightly jealous, Alchemists and their quest to turn things into other things... Why couldn't things just stay, things?
"Wow, that sounded terrible. Things just be things.... Yeesh."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm
User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan stood quietly between the soldiers and Tessa, her unease over the newcomer quickly dissipating.It wasn't as if there were anything she could do about it anyways.She focused on the conversation at hand, a little surprised at Kimi's request before realizing, as an assassin, the man/woman would wish to make some sort of amends for past wrongs.She gave a half smile at the thought before noticing Tessa writing something and frowned.If her request had to be written it had to be somewhat outrageous.

She listened to the exchange between the other woman and the Chancellor and forced her face into a passive mask to hide her amusement at the slightly chastising tone.As the woman passed, Aydan brushed the back of her hand lightly, shifting her weight as she did so, making it look like an accident.In reality, it was a compliment of sorts, for having the nerve to ask as much as she did, but also being able to take being spoken down to without snapping.Aydan, above all others, knew how hard it could be to control oneself in the beginning.

Which brought her attention to Crimson and his outburst.She watched, totally passive, with some amount of curiosity at the demons strength.She knew how to control her gifts, and what he was sensing know was something no one could control.The beast always lurked just beneath the surface.She could try and force it back, but it would be worse on her later if she did so, especially with the full moon so close "No apology is necessary for your actions.It is in your nature.We all have faults and imperfections.We simply learn to deal with them." She glanced at Jack and raised an eyebrow at his obvious fear "Peace, thief.The most you've to worry about is a rat in your boots."

She kept her eyes forward but was unable to suppress a small smile when Vashani dropped to all fours, and the small snort that sounded at his quite comment of tardiness.Finally, she looked over her shoulder at this newcomer, this Alchemist with ties to the royal family.When he pulled back his hood, it was all the confirmation she needed on what he was.She inclined her head slightly to the side, exposing her throat in a show of respect no other in the room had yet to earn.it was enough to give her away to the immortal, and perhaps he'd betray her secret, but she doubted it.

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:41 pm
(OOC: So, not to be pushy or anything, but everyone should try and post as much as possible. I only say this because I'm getting fidgety wanting to introduce some other things to the roleplay soon, but one of them requires us not being in the Palace. Actually, we need to pay a visit to the train station, so I hope no one minds! xd )

James

James nodded to Kimi at his comment about blending in, a slightly understanding look on his face. After Crimson was out of the room, James also took a moment to recount how Kimi had reacted, having seen sparks coming off of him. A magical reaction no doubt, but certainly an eye catcher.

Having noticed that Vashani finally spoke up, James turned to him with a slightly smile look on his face. Vashani was interesting to him, a Lishundan that had allowed himself to become a slave. Of course, Imperial law couldn't do anything about it since Vashani was a consenting servant, and therefore legally he wasn't a slave. "Well Vashani, I leave that decision entirely up to you. I can't say what would be best for your Juliet, but I trust you will find something." James put a hand to his chin and started to rub along his jaw slightly as he thought to himself. "If you really worry about her, I could post some city guards to her house. In fact, I could probably even spare a few Royal Guards. Noble Guards are fine and all, but Royal Guards are some of the best fighters you'll find. Just let me know if you want any extra protection for her." James looked to the others and had to force the next words out of his mouth. "And if it is necessary, I suppose I can do the same for the rest of you, but I hope you won't need it. I'd rather not spread my men, or the city guards, too thin. But I will see what can be done if you need it." A smirk crept up on James's face as Vashani commented about Harold's lateness, but he kept himself from laughing.

James let his eyes move to Dante as he nodded understandingly to everything he said. "Certainly, I believe I can spare funds to both of them, though I'm not too sure how the Temple will feel about it." James smirked and gave a small laugh. "I can certainly see what can be done for resources as well, I'll try and keep you all as stocked as possible. And as for your loyalties to the Temple..." James paused and nodded to himself, eyes closed for a moment. "I understand what you mean, and I respect that you may be gone on and off. Please use your judgement though, as there may be situations that are demanding of your attention than others. And if it helps, pressure the Office of Science and Magic as much as you can for assistance, they have a great deal of knowledge over teleportation, and they may have come up with some devices or magics to send you from one point to another more specific point, rather than using the Office teleportation pads. Those things are really only good for getting to one general area to another." James smiled at the last bit of what he said and nodded again.

Turning to quickly check up on Harold again, James noticed he was keeping his distance from the others for now. Likely trying to figure everyone out, and likely trying to get a better grasp on the whole situation than the others. Still, James was holding back at least some information, and it was time to fill them in on the rest. Before he could continue though, he caught Aydan's jab at Jack, which made him smirk a little. This girl found a lot of things about all this amusing, and it seemed possibly genuine. For James, the sarcasm and the 'wit'.... Well, it was all very shallow, only something he kept on the surface. He learned a while ago that wearing your emotions on your sleeve was a mistake. So he stopped doing it.

Jack

Jack looked over to Aydan for a moment and cracked a smile. "Rat in my boot miss? You should see where I live." He chuckled, feeling slightly better now, albeit feeling like his pride had a bit of a dent in it now. He then looked over to James and nodded to him, pressing him to continue. "Well, you've told us a bit so far, but I think it might be time to tell the rest."

James looked to Jack for a moment, and with a sly smile gave a nod. "Alright everyone, let's get the real business of all this out of the way then." James walked back to the other side of his table again, pulling something out from a secret compartment under the table. He threw another package of documents onto the table and smiled slyly. "So how does everything fit together? The man in that folder, Maximilian Vitallius." James nodded to the folder. "You can all take a look at it, there are a few copies of a profile we've done up for him, helps us to keep track of him better."

(OOC: Kay, so because I'm almost out of time, I'm going to post the villain profile now after this post. You may ask your questions about this character now if you like, in character of course.)  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff