Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"The Inquisitors." (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested? And what name is better?
  Yes, "The Inquisitors"
  Yes, "The Invaders"
  No, "The Inquisitors"
  No, "The Invaders"
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:14 pm
Marina Elemento
eek
*drools*
It never ceases to amaze me how you put so much effort and pure creative skill into the worlds you create, Lord S... I could never even think of such fine details in my RPs the way you do! sweatdrop
I have so many ideas churning in my mind right now, my head might explode. xd
But no worries. Even if my brain does cave in on itself, I will force my way through the rubble to be a part of this roleplay. (Seriously, I am flabberghasted with excitement at how awesome this is going to be...)

I have a couple possible characters in mind also, some of whom I've barely ever used in rps. There's another part of me that's concocting some bizarre brand new OC, but like I said, my brain is still pulsating from all the excitement so it's a bit confusing.

...Also, I should probably brush up on my knowledge of guns and stuff, shouldn't I? xd

Thank you! You always manage to find the words to flatter me and expand my ego. 4laugh

Well, if your head explodes, don't let Adam Bentley try to fix you. Just come see one of the mages in Dalcaria. No promises we can fix it, but we can certainly try! xd

Well, I'm glad you're excited! I've put more effort into this than probably anything I ever have before! I'm not just trying to create a story anymore, I trying to create a world (in a non-physical sense obviously xp ).

It might help, but guns aren't a requirement, they're just here so everyone has a fairly good arsenal against what horrors we may fight. You could also use crossbows or regular bows for that matter. But if you do need some help with guns, let me know and I'll answer whatever questions you have. Also, I have some pics of guns I found to post soonish, so everyone will have plenty of inspiration to draw from! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:30 pm
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter
The island wasn't bombed, it's more a general phrase for 'don't wreck something and leave a bad impression and then come back the next day, or ever'.

Don't think it would work if the island is uninhabited by anyone other than.... Spooky things. I just need a small island Dalcaria could have gone to war with at around the same time the civil war was going on, giving my two characters somewhere to be OTHER than Dalcaria.

If that makes sense. In all honesty, I could probably just say they went to war with an island so far away, you've probably never heard of it.

And YAY more feedback.

Ah, I see what you mean. xd

Hmm... Well, I did make my own version of "America" in this world, and they are also an island (albeit a bit large), but I'm sure there might be some rockiness there, plus there are TONS of people there. At any rate, Dalcaria was DEFINITELY at war with these people, and there are some islands (a bit smaller these ones) to the south that the "American" nation was trying to take over, so it's very possible for you to have been there as well. Let me know what you think though, I'm still trying to come up with more countries I think. xd

Well, if you want to that is a possibility, since most of the world is still unexplored. xd Let me know more of what you think though! 3nodding

FINALLY! I've been waiting so long for more people to take notice, and it's finally happening! Hopefully this is just the start though, I'd like quite a few more people before I actually start the roleplay. Also I'd like my maps up on photobucket. rofl

The islands to the South of "America" sound perfect actually. And it's got more logic behind sending troops there than I can think of.

Hopefully more people show up, I'd hate for this to get scraped.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
The islands to the South of "America" sound perfect actually. And it's got more logic behind sending troops there than I can think of.

Alright, I'm glad you think so! Now, parts of the island will probably be a little tropical, but I was aiming for something like either the Phillipines (as the US once invaded there to kick out the Spanish) or Native North America. I may try and mix the two. However, there should be ample enough room for you to find your rocky niches. 3nodding And yes, thinking about it now it does seem more logical. It makes a far better spot to launch an invasion from than trying to invade this "American" country head on (especially since practically all invasions that can or will happen are going to end up being done via the ocean).

Thanks, and yeah, I don't want it to be scrapped either. But even if it is, I may try writing a story on all this, but it's going to be a long one methinks. xd Also, I have a hard time coming up with other characters aside from my main good and bad guy, but I would prefer to have more than one person, at least for the good guy side. To that end, roleplaying is essentially the best way for me to find interesting and exciting characters to help fill up the story. One person is just never enough. I hope that doesn't sound selfish to anyone, it's just part of the reason I roleplay I suppose. Being alone is never as much fun as being with friends I find. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 pm
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

Alright, I'm glad you think so! Now, parts of the island will probably be a little tropical, but I was aiming for something like either the Phillipines (as the US once invaded there to kick out the Spanish) or Native North America. I may try and mix the two. However, there should be ample enough room for you to find your rocky niches. 3nodding And yes, thinking about it now it does seem more logical. It makes a far better spot to launch an invasion from than trying to invade this "American" country head on (especially since practically all invasions that can or will happen are going to end up being done via the ocean).

Thanks, and yeah, I don't want it to be scrapped either. But even if it is, I may try writing a story on all this, but it's going to be a long one methinks. xd Also, I have a hard time coming up with other characters aside from my main good and bad guy, but I would prefer to have more than one person, at least for the good guy side. To that end, roleplaying is essentially the best way for me to find interesting and exciting characters to help fill up the story. One person is just never enough. I hope that doesn't sound selfish to anyone, it's just part of the reason I roleplay I suppose. Being alone is never as much fun as being with friends I find. sweatdrop

People on the internet can come up with some fairly 'interesting' characters, to say the least.

Does this island/islands have a name? Or just something tropical-ish?  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:58 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

People on the internet can come up with some fairly 'interesting' characters, to say the least.

This is extrememly true, and I think we both know this from personal experience. xd

For the moment, I've just called them the Southern Islands, Southern Isles, Southern Island, or Southern Isle (I used both plural and non-plural because I can't remember if it's one island or a few xd ). I may come up with something more creative in the future, but for now the Southern Isles is about the best I've got. If you have any ideas though I'm open to hearing them!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 pm
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

This is extrememly true, and I think we both know this from personal experience. xd

For the moment, I've just called them the Southern Islands, Southern Isles, Southern Island, or Southern Isle (I used both plural and non-plural because I can't remember if it's one island or a few xd ). I may come up with something more creative in the future, but for now the Southern Isles is about the best I've got. If you have any ideas though I'm open to hearing them!

Nawh, southern Islands sound fine.

By the way, does Dalcaria have a railway system?  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:33 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Nawh, southern Islands sound fine.

By the way, does Dalcaria have a railway system?

Alrighty! Actually, on that note I kinda thought Southern Islands sounded nice too, otherwise I might have put more effort into the name. xd

Oh ho ho! Yes, Dalcaria does have a railway system, a fantastic one in fact! I'm not going to put any set speeds on the trains (I'm not knowledgable when it comes to that) but they go decently fast. For that reason, and the fact that they can hold a lot, Dalcaria uses railways for large shipments of goods and people across the nation, and has even used it for the military numerous times. Not to mention, Dalcaria has some fantastic luxury trains and train cars, even train cars for poorer passengers are quite nice! Also, for reference, I have plans for the characters to make it onto a train at least once in this roleplay, possible more depending on how things work out! Oh, and I should probably show what some of Dalcaria's zepplins and airships look like later. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm
Username: The_Sane_Hatter
Name: Robert Lowsley
Race/Nationality/Species: Cursed Cirencesteren
Orientation: Disinterested.
Personality: Robert is a very dry person. He’s detached from society and it’s norms, an outcast amongst men, an abnormality that shouldn’t exist. That’s mostly the paranoia and slipping mental state speaking, but to be fair, he does have a slight point. He’s cold and uncaring for the most part towards people, except Samuel and a few other acquaintances. He’s the type to casually point out that you’re wrong, and an idiot, before correcting you with his carefully thought out plan. He’s isn’t much for formality though, he much prefers the common sense of practicality.
Occupation: Currently unemployed for the most part, as there seems to be a lack of war going on. Consultant on where some of the nastier members of House Black went.
Factions: Ex-House Black member, currently loyal to New Grand Chancellor.
Religion/Philosophy: Not one for religion, especially that silly old-regime racial superiority nonsense, Robert is a bit hollow, spiritually. He does however, think wonders of the human spirit, and it’s resilience, strength, and capacity to achieve. In terms of morality, that’s… Not something he’d like to talk about.
Political Ideals: Robert has always tried to stay away from politics, leaving the political bickering and scheming to his more diabolical family members. However, he for one welcomes the New Grand Chancellor and his new policies on government. Possibly because he’s not been executed yet. He does have some strong opinions on policy towards the Southern Islands, but he’s already caused enough problems there.
Biography: The Lowsley family has been a prominent family in the Cirencester region for generations upon generations. Starting in the lumber and shipbuilding industry, the Lowsley family worked its way into the politics of the region, and slowly of the Empire. Somewhere along that transition, one of its members, Robert’s grandfather Edward Lowsley, got involved in the activities of House Black, and we pick up there. Robert was born the eldest child of Richard Lowsley and Caroline Trinstin(No, no inbreeding here, sorry). Despite this, he never was the ‘favorite’ among his siblings, Jack, Christopher, Lewis, and Elizabeth. Where as they were all dutiful sons and daughters, who fell in line with the order of the House Black ideals and the families standards for social order, Robert was more inclined to disagree. Since he was only really paid any attention to for a year (The period in which he was an only child), he managed to escape the early imprinting of his parents ideas on him at a young age, and while his parent’s tossed the veil over his sibling’s eyes, he gazed behind it, and decided he should just stay away, for the most part. He managed to keep his distance from House Black activities, except when it benefitted him. He took full advantage of his family’s access to technology and mystical knowledge, and studied for a career in the military, a career path he hoped would send him far from the rest of his family, something that could be achieved using his wit and hard work as opposed to his family’s influence. He excelled in tactics and swordsmanship, and learned a few magical tricks and principles he probably shouldn’t have. It seemed that Robert would be able to break away from his family, and sever the dysfunctional ties that bound him. Lewis went into the Office of Science and Magic, Christopher into political arena in the noble’s parliament, and Elizabeth stayed close to home to manage the lumber business. But Jack, who else but the nasty brutish brother went into service as a general, using family ties to skip to the front of the pack. That complicated things for Robert, who became fairly certain, due to strained ties with his siblings, that if he simply went in at the bottom Jack would find a way to get him serving under him. Things were also beginning to heat up politically in Dalcaria, putting strain on him to leave. So, he pulled all the favors he could, and snagged a commission as a Lieutenant Colonel in charge of an expeditionary force to the Southern Islands, to secure a base of operations with which to facilitate larger strikes on the increasingly hostile nation to the North. It was a fairly decent force, seemingly adequate air and sea support. What they encountered however, was a bit more intense than expected. The islands had already been dug into by the opposing forces, and it was a struggle simply to make it ashore. After a few weeks of grueling fighting up the beach and into the jungle’s and forests, most of the force was either killed or demoralized, and much of the support had been scrapped. The Civil war back at home meant that there was a shortage of reinforcement for the most part, at least on Robert’s island. Desperately in need of a way to hold the line against the enemy, he turned to the dark magic’s he’d learned at home, and began experimenting on himself, and a group of soldiers under the command of Captain Samuel Morris, with whom he became close acquaintances with. He admired his ability to lead in a limited capacity, and inspire confidence in his men. As the experiments dragged on, there was limited success. Morris’ Company of a hundred men became the spearhead of the expeditionary forces, wreaking havoc and death across the island. The enemy was both terrified and horrified by the tactics used by the men, and took to thinking of them as demons out of a child’s nightmare. Unfortunately, the same effect worked on his own men as well, with most of the subjects not being able to handle life anymore, and suicide rates went through the roof. By the time reinforcement began steadily arriving, most of the men left were traumatized, and sent back, Lowsley and Morris included. Near the end of the war, Robert was gravely injured leading a charge against a trench of enemy soldiers. An incendiary mine exploded near his face, burning a good chunk of flesh of the left side of his face, and necessitating removal of his left eye. His left arm and chest were badly burned as well, wound that continue to heal currently. Needless to say, he has a bit of a checkered reputation.
Transportation: Either burned or stolen when the family manor burnt to the ground.
Home: Lowsley family manor was, as a refuge for House Black, burned sometime during the war. It still stands, the fire doing little structural damage except to some of the further wings, but the interior is burnt and ransacked, hardly livable in. His sister Elizabeth died in the blaze, and the hired help have since moved on, so Robert has little interest in returning.
Weapons: A man of mystical ability, Robert isn’t armed much beyond the standards of an officer of his rank. An adept swordsman, he carries with him his officer sword (Model 1735 Derfflinger Saber), and has furnished a cartridge conversion revolver (Colt Walker) for his purposes. The later is more of a formality, as he’s not that great of a shot. Though, having only one eye hasn’t had as much of an effect on his accuracy as he feared.
Clothing/Armor: Being the proper person he is, Robert is hardly ever seen not wearing his uniform. Being as non-feeling as it is, it’s comfortable solely based on its consistency. The gas mask does serve as a sort of armor against chemical attacks though, so it is useful in some way.
Powers: Using House Black’s resources, and some research papers snagged from Lewis when he wasn’t looking, Robert has gained a fairly good grasp of dark magic, enough to curse himself and groups of soldiers into monsters. Robert hardly feels pain, fear, or fatigue. But his body can still be damaged, and heals at a much slower rate. He still needs to eat, but food tastes of ash and water of salt. Still needs to sleep, but is haunted by horrible nightmares whenever he closes his eyes. It’s a trade-off, equivalency. Your happiness in exchange for strength. He’s not sure whether the fact he hasn’t gone insane yet a miracle or damnation. Besides that, he’s quite good at creating masses of shadow tendrils to grasp, drag, and toss opponents, and is adept at the art of radiating and aura of fear and malice, especially if you gaze into his hollow left eye socket. Avoid doing that, not only is it rude, it’s just detrimental for your health. "Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."
Picture: Lieutenant Colonel Lowsley
Theme Song: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows OST - Romani Holiday (Antonius remix)

(( Done with one, hopefully. Can make changes, like if you decide the Eastern forest won't be Cirencester anymore.))

((.... Or if I've done goofed.))  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:52 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Name: Robert Lowsley
Race/Nationality/Species: Cursed Cirencesteren
Orientation: Disinterested.
Personality: Robert is a very dry person. He’s detached from society and it’s norms, an outcast amongst men, an abnormality that shouldn’t exist. That’s mostly the paranoia and slipping mental state speaking, but to be fair, he does have a slight point. He’s cold and uncaring for the most part towards people, except Samuel and a few other acquaintances. He’s the type to casually point out that you’re wrong, and an idiot, before correcting you with his carefully thought out plan. He’s isn’t much for formality though, he much prefers the common sense of practicality.
Occupation: Currently unemployed for the most part, as there seems to be a lack of war going on. Consultant on where some of the nastier members of House Black went.
Factions: Ex-House Black member, currently loyal to New Grand Chancellor.
Religion/Philosophy: Not one for religion, especially that silly old-regime racial superiority nonsense, Robert is a bit hollow, spiritually. He does however, think wonders of the human spirit, and it’s resilience, strength, and capacity to achieve. In terms of morality, that’s… Not something he’d like to talk about.
Political Ideals: Robert has always tried to stay away from politics, leaving the political bickering and scheming to his more diabolical family members. However, he for one welcomes the New Grand Chancellor and his new policies on government. Possibly because he’s not been executed yet. He does have some strong opinions on policy towards the Southern Islands, but he’s already caused enough problems there.
Biography: The Lowsley family has been a prominent family in the Cirencester region for generations upon generations. Starting in the lumber and shipbuilding industry, the Lowsley family worked its way into the politics of the region, and slowly of the Empire. Somewhere along that transition, one of its members, Robert’s grandfather Edward Lowsley, got involved in the activities of House Black, and we pick up there. Robert was born the eldest child of Richard Lowsley and Caroline Trinstin(No, no inbreeding here, sorry). Despite this, he never was the ‘favorite’ among his siblings, Jack, Christopher, Lewis, and Elizabeth. Where as they were all dutiful sons and daughters, who fell in line with the order of the House Black ideals and the families standards for social order, Robert was more inclined to disagree. Since he was only really paid any attention to for a year (The period in which he was an only child), he managed to escape the early imprinting of his parents ideas on him at a young age, and while his parent’s tossed the veil over his sibling’s eyes, he gazed behind it, and decided he should just stay away, for the most part. He managed to keep his distance from House Black activities, except when it benefitted him. He took full advantage of his family’s access to technology and mystical knowledge, and studied for a career in the military, a career path he hoped would send him far from the rest of his family, something that could be achieved using his wit and hard work as opposed to his family’s influence. He excelled in tactics and swordsmanship, and learned a few magical tricks and principles he probably shouldn’t have. It seemed that Robert would be able to break away from his family, and sever the dysfunctional ties that bound him. Lewis went into the Office of Science and Magic, Christopher into political arena in the noble’s parliament, and Elizabeth stayed close to home to manage the lumber business. But Jack, who else but the nasty brutish brother went into service as a general, using family ties to skip to the front of the pack. That complicated things for Robert, who became fairly certain, due to strained ties with his siblings, that if he simply went in at the bottom Jack would find a way to get him serving under him. Things were also beginning to heat up politically in Dalcaria, putting strain on him to leave. So, he pulled all the favors he could, and snagged a commission as a Lieutenant Colonel in charge of an expeditionary force to the Southern Islands, to secure a base of operations with which to facilitate larger strikes on the increasingly hostile nation to the North. It was a fairly decent force, seemingly adequate air and sea support. What they encountered however, was a bit more intense than expected. The islands had already been dug into by the opposing forces, and it was a struggle simply to make it ashore. After a few weeks of grueling fighting up the beach and into the jungle’s and forests, most of the force was either killed or demoralized, and much of the support had been scrapped. The Civil war back at home meant that there was a shortage of reinforcement for the most part, at least on Robert’s island. Desperately in need of a way to hold the line against the enemy, he turned to the dark magic’s he’d learned at home, and began experimenting on himself, and a group of soldiers under the command of Captain Samuel Morris, with whom he became close acquaintances with. He admired his ability to lead in a limited capacity, and inspire confidence in his men. As the experiments dragged on, there was limited success. Morris’ Company of a hundred men became the spearhead of the expeditionary forces, wreaking havoc and death across the island. The enemy was both terrified and horrified by the tactics used by the men, and took to thinking of them as demons out of a child’s nightmare. Unfortunately, the same effect worked on his own men as well, with most of the subjects not being able to handle life anymore, and suicide rates went through the roof. By the time reinforcement began steadily arriving, most of the men left were traumatized, and sent back, Lowsley and Morris included. Near the end of the war, Robert was gravely injured leading a charge against a trench of enemy soldiers. An incendiary mine exploded near his face, burning a good chunk of flesh of the left side of his face, and necessitating removal of his left eye. His left arm and chest were badly burned as well, wound that continue to heal currently. Needless to say, he has a bit of a checkered reputation.
Transportation: Either burned or stolen when the family manor burnt to the ground.
Home: Lowsley family manor was, as a refuge for House Black, burned sometime during the war. It still stands, the fire doing little structural damage except to some of the further wings, but the interior is burnt and ransacked, hardly livable in. His sister Elizabeth died in the blaze, and the hired help have since moved on, so Robert has little interest in returning.
Weapons: A man of mystical ability, Robert isn’t armed much beyond the standards of an officer of his rank. An adept swordsman, he carries with him his officer sword (Model 1735 Derfflinger Saber), and has furnished a cartridge conversion revolver (Colt Walker) for his purposes. The later is more of a formality, as he’s not that great of a shot. Though, having only one eye hasn’t had as much of an effect on his accuracy as he feared.
Clothing/Armor: Being the proper person he is, Robert is hardly ever seen not wearing his uniform. Being as non-feeling as it is, it’s comfortable solely based on its consistency. The gas mask does serve as a sort of armor against chemical attacks though, so it is useful in some way.
Powers: Using House Black’s resources, and some research papers snagged from Lewis when he wasn’t looking, Robert has gained a fairly good grasp of dark magic, enough to curse himself and groups of soldiers into monsters. Robert hardly feels pain, fear, or fatigue. But his body can still be damaged, and heals at a much slower rate. He still needs to eat, but food tastes of ash and water of salt. Still needs to sleep, but is haunted by horrible nightmares whenever he closes his eyes. It’s a trade-off, equivalency. Your happiness in exchange for strength. He’s not sure whether the fact he hasn’t gone insane yet a miracle or damnation. Besides that, he’s quite good at creating masses of shadow tendrils to grasp, drag, and toss opponents, and is adept at the art of radiating and aura of fear and malice, especially if you gaze into his hollow left eye socket. Avoid doing that, not only is it rude, it’s just detrimental for your health. "Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."
Picture: Lieutenant Colonel Lowsley
Theme Song: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows OST - Romani Holiday (Antonius remix)

(( Done with one, hopefully. Can make changes, like if you decide the Eastern forest won't be Cirencester anymore.))

((.... Or if I've done goofed.))

I love this! The only thing I would mention is that I will probably end up changing the name of Cirencester (hope you don't hate me for that sweatdrop ) and it would probably be a good idea for you to either bold or color the beginning parts of each part of the character sheet, so that it makes it easier to read. Or you could just leave a gap between each section, either way works, it's just to make reading it easier. Also, I should mention that I added education and skills to the character skeleton. Skills basically just means things you are particularily good at, like driving, cooking, or chemistry, things like that. As for education, just basically mention what level of education you had (low, medium, or high), where you were educated (don't worry about school names unless you can come up with one) and how successful you were overall. One other thing, although it's pretty obvious that Robert is human, it may be good to put that in his "spieces" section, just so it's consistent with what other people should be doing (although many people may just go with humans anyways). Other than that, I loved everything, especially your bio! You made the whole thing work perfectly, I don't have a single complaint about it! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm
Oh, one other thing everyone! There are "mythical races" in this roleplay as well, such as vampires and werewolves, so don't be shy to dabble in that if you're interested! Also, I may take a look at other, less conventional races as well (conventional by typical roleplaying standards at least), like perhaps mermaids (or a variety of them), since not many other roleplays have them. Don't worry, they won't be the fish bottomed ladies with shells to cover them, I'd like to make them closer to Zoras or something of that ilk, like from Legend of Zelda. Of course, I'd like for them to be less.... Um, Zora-y? Anyways, I'm just trying to give this world as much variety as I can, because honestly, humans can be kinda boring sometimes. xd  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:23 am
Ah got it, things have been added, though I suppose i'll wait on changing it until you get the whole naming system figured out. Hopefully, you don't change Kragdarroch.... I like that one too much.

Name: Samuel Morris
Race/Nationality/Species: Cursed Human Kragdarrochian
Orientation: Straight

Personality: Samuel is a people person, well likable, and likes pretty much everyone. He’s got social skills and a sense of humor, which serve him well as Lowsley’s…. Bridge? Let’s call it a bridge, to everything else in the world. A decent leader, not the brightest star in the sky, but bright enough to know when someone brighter comes along and to get their help. However, he can be aggressive at points, like a battering ram. The type of guy that just won’t quit.

Education: Samuel isn't all that well educated. He received your average know-how from his parents and grandparents, reading, writing, and math, but not much else. He’s got more practical knowledge in the mining field, so he knows a good deal about rocks and how structures that hold up weight work. He also went through some basic training in the military, graduated near top of his class there.
Factions: The Military

Religion/Philosophy: “There are few things on this Earth that can withstand a full-out frontal assault. Fewer still are those mental enough to consider undertaking such a thing. Truly blessed is he who, when his brethren laying dead and dying left and right, finds the courage and will to continue to charge into this sea of fire.” (If nobody’s said that, which I doubt, I call dibs.)
Political Ideals: Thinks the New Grand chancellor has his work cut out for him, it’d be pretty hard to run a country worse than the monarchy did.

Biography: Born the average high-lower class parents in the North of Kragdarroch, Samuel was the youngest and last child in his family. He had two older brothers, Will and Scott, and a large number of extended family members. Raised as a miner by trade, he figured he’d never need to see anything outside the small town he lived in, here was just fine. But then the mineral veins started to empty. There was still work, just not as much as before. And then his parents got sick, so obviously money was a bit tight. Samuel, not having much luck with any of the odd jobs he could find in town, made the decision to go into the military, and send money back. He did better than he expected in the army however, and after being promoted to Captain, figured this could actually be a decent career. When he got deployed to the Southern Islands, unlike the other men, he thrived in the danger. He earned the trust and acquaintance of the Lieutenant Colonel, and in essence became his right hand man (Left-hand actually… Lowsley wanted someone on his left. Good thing that was the eye that got destroyed, eh?). He took part in his experiments, and helped rally the men. Unlike some of the others than went insane, Samuel didn't’t really feel much different. A little, but then again, he really never needed the boost to begin with. He served on the front line with Lowsley until the final days of the war, and was shipped back with him.

Skills: People skills, hard labor, mining, holding vast quantities of liquor, breaking things, hand-to-hand combat, pretty decent shot, making things work. Practical know-how.

Transportation: He’s still got his legs, and legs are all you need.
Home: He does have family still living in Kragdarroch, but he hasn’t gone back. They live in a mining town not too far from the Northern border of the province.

Weapons: Samuel has taken advantage of the perks of being both a Captain and Lowsley’s Assistant, and is outfitter with what was a late-model prototype of a House Black automatic rifle (FG-42). It’s served him well charging enemy fortifications, except when it jams up. Additionally, he is armed with a sawed-down lever action shotgun (Winchester Model 1887) for close-up jobs, hooking to his webbing when not in use. It holds four rounds, three in the tube and one in the chamber. When all else fails, a good solider is never without his knife (Model 1905 Bayonet).

Clothing/Armor: Samuel has found that in working with Lowsley, it’s best to just continue wearing his uniform. It’s not all bad, he doesn’t need to work about chemical attacks, and he’s got a good deal of pocket space and storage webbing.

Powers: Besides being cursed like Lowsley is, Samuel has no real mystical ability to speak of. Granted, the effects of the curse on him are less both ways. He still feels most things; everything is just dulled for the most part.

Picture: Captain Samuel Morris
Theme Song: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Soundtrack - The Congress Reel

(( And Bio number two. ))
(( God I love the soundtracks for the Sherlock Holmes movies...))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Ah got it, things have been added, though I suppose i'll wait on changing it until you get the whole naming system figured out. Hopefully, you don't change Kragdarroch.... I like that one too much.

Name: Samuel Morris
Race/Nationality/Species: Cursed Human Kragdarrochian
Orientation: Straight

Personality: Samuel is a people person, well likable, and likes pretty much everyone. He’s got social skills and a sense of humor, which serve him well as Lowsley’s…. Bridge? Let’s call it a bridge, to everything else in the world. A decent leader, not the brightest star in the sky, but bright enough to know when someone brighter comes along and to get their help. However, he can be aggressive at points, like a battering ram. The type of guy that just won’t quit.

Education: Samuel isn't all that well educated. He received your average know-how from his parents and grandparents, reading, writing, and math, but not much else. He’s got more practical knowledge in the mining field, so he knows a good deal about rocks and how structures that hold up weight work. He also went through some basic training in the military, graduated near top of his class there.
Factions: The Military

Religion/Philosophy: “There are few things on this Earth that can withstand a full-out frontal assault. Fewer still are those mental enough to consider undertaking such a thing. Truly blessed is he who, when his brethren laying dead and dying left and right, finds the courage and will to continue to charge into this sea of fire.” (If nobody’s said that, which I doubt, I call dibs.)
Political Ideals: Thinks the New Grand chancellor has his work cut out for him, it’d be pretty hard to run a country worse than the monarchy did.

Biography: Born the average high-lower class parents in the North of Kragdarroch, Samuel was the youngest and last child in his family. He had two older brothers, Will and Scott, and a large number of extended family members. Raised as a miner by trade, he figured he’d never need to see anything outside the small town he lived in, here was just fine. But then the mineral veins started to empty. There was still work, just not as much as before. And then his parents got sick, so obviously money was a bit tight. Samuel, not having much luck with any of the odd jobs he could find in town, made the decision to go into the military, and send money back. He did better than he expected in the army however, and after being promoted to Captain, figured this could actually be a decent career. When he got deployed to the Southern Islands, unlike the other men, he thrived in the danger. He earned the trust and acquaintance of the Lieutenant Colonel, and in essence became his right hand man (Left-hand actually… Lowsley wanted someone on his left. Good thing that was the eye that got destroyed, eh?). He took part in his experiments, and helped rally the men. Unlike some of the others than went insane, Samuel didn't’t really feel much different. A little, but then again, he really never needed the boost to begin with. He served on the front line with Lowsley until the final days of the war, and was shipped back with him.

Skills: People skills, hard labor, mining, holding vast quantities of liquor, breaking things, hand-to-hand combat, pretty decent shot, making things work. Practical know-how.

Transportation: He’s still got his legs, and legs are all you need.
Home: He does have family still living in Kragdarroch, but he hasn’t gone back. They live in a mining town not too far from the Northern border of the province.

Weapons: Samuel has taken advantage of the perks of being both a Captain and Lowsley’s Assistant, and is outfitter with what was a late-model prototype of a House Black automatic rifle (FG-42). It’s served him well charging enemy fortifications, except when it jams up. Additionally, he is armed with a sawed-down lever action shotgun (Winchester Model 1887) for close-up jobs, hooking to his webbing when not in use. It holds four rounds, three in the tube and one in the chamber. When all else fails, a good solider is never without his knife (Model 1905 Bayonet).

Clothing/Armor: Samuel has found that in working with Lowsley, it’s best to just continue wearing his uniform. It’s not all bad, he doesn’t need to work about chemical attacks, and he’s got a good deal of pocket space and storage webbing.

Powers: Besides being cursed like Lowsley is, Samuel has no real mystical ability to speak of. Granted, the effects of the curse on him are less both ways. He still feels most things; everything is just dulled for the most part.

Picture: Captain Samuel Morris
Theme Song: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Soundtrack - The Congress Reel

(( And Bio number two. ))
(( God I love the soundtracks for the Sherlock Holmes movies...))

Sounds good! Oh, and don't worry, Kragdarroch will DEFINITELY be keeping it's name (although I do need to figure out the spelling, it is NOT easy to spell. xd ) Actually the capital of Kragdarroch is a city by the same name, and the city is name after a castle of the same name that sits up on top of a mountain looking down over the town. So yeah, no chance I'm changing that one. xd

Also, just noting in your political philosophy part, the Monarchy did do a fairly decent (or at least average) job of running the country, and they were fairly well liked, but I just thought I should mention this so you know that they were (when the were around) the "good guys". But, if your character doesn't like the monarchy, that is totally fine, I just wanted you to be aware of how the state of the nation was during their reign. In all honesty of course, some of the worst politicians were well liked, and some of the best were hated, so please don't let the history affect your characters political choices, I want you to be able to give him his own tastes, choices, preferences, etc. based on what you want to give him, not me. I hope this makes sense and I hope you don't think I'm trying to push your character one way or another, just wanted to clarify what the nation is/was like.

Everything else about this seems pretty good, I should warn you though that the north border of Kragdarroch is actually the ocean, just so you know. xd I only mention this so you have a decent idea of where things are. The only landlocked provinces however (that I can name) are Cirencester (or Clarendon) and the province just beside it, the plains and fields one. Other than that, everything is next to an ocean. Good job on this though! I'm excited to see how this character fairs in our roleplay!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:41 pm
Sorry I've been gone a bit all, just busy with work yesterday. If anyone has anything they'd like to post, including profiles, please do so!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 pm
I am very interested in this roleplay and while I can't go through all the info, I think I've gotten the general premise. It seems interesting, a bit complicated, but interesting. I was thinking of maybe a tribal gladiator that is thrust into this world for some reason, haven't gotten it all worked out but I'll be asking for some help.  

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 pm
Kami GearX
I am very interested in this roleplay and while I can't go through all the info, I think I've gotten the general premise. It seems interesting, a bit complicated, but interesting. I was thinking of maybe a tribal gladiator that is thrust into this world for some reason, haven't gotten it all worked out but I'll be asking for some help.

I'm glad you're interested! The story itself will be more straightforward and less complex, I'm just giving everyone the information of the actual nation. Basically, I'm writing a short encycolpedia for a non-existant country. xd Hmm... Well, I might be able to accept that, as this world does have magic, but I'd have to see the profile first and give it a thumbs up or down. Keep in mind, your character will probably have to start off as a prisoner or an ex-science and magic research subject. It would be too hard to just throw you into the Dalcarian Royal Palace without some stronger ties to the world itself, so a prisoner or research subject are two good methods, but I'm open to hearing your ideas! Also, there are some tribal parts of this world left, so if you would like, you could be a tribal gladiator from here, unless you're going for something more Roman or Greek, a more "civilized" realm of gladiators.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff