Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dawn of Ascension (D&D 3.5, Closed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
Claira Benedict
Here is the still-in-production character sheet.
Im trying to decide how much I want "balance" to be a priority to my character.
And if i want to go with flat +2's rather than burst...
So basically weps need to be ironed out, but ill talk with the DM for that...
But its looking like thunder/ice, unholy/holy, or +2's...
Also the small eqipment
And some skill points.

Um you don't have the appropriate feats to wield your swords the way your character is set up. You are missing three feats you would need. Exotic weapon proficiency b*****d sword, oversized two weapon fighting to negate the fact your off hand weapon is not a light weapon, and improved two weapon fighting for a second attack with your off hand weapon. Not to mention I said 25,000gp for characters to start with and your swords go over that alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 am
The bastardsword should be taken care of featwise to be one handed.
I havent finished deciding if i want to duel wield the b*****d swords yet, shes still a work in progress so alot of stuff is all over the place.
Mostly shes just a couple of different things thrown together for later reference.
So im aware of all the flaws except the wep one....
I was unaware of this...
So thats 10 years of tabletop gaming me and a two dozen other people were doing incorrectly...
Well...
Im not sure ima correct anyone xD
But ill fix it.

But i actually believe i get wep focus for b*****d sword through a special ability.
Ill double check though.
I was half-working when doing the actual nitty-gritty stuff.
Anyway, ill fix it tonight.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:06 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
The bastardsword should be taken care of featwise to be one handed.
I havent finished deciding if i want to duel wield the b*****d swords yet, shes still a work in progress so alot of stuff is all over the place.
Mostly shes just a couple of different things thrown together for later reference.
So im aware of all the flaws except the wep one....
I was unaware of this...
So thats 10 years of tabletop gaming me and a two dozen other people were doing incorrectly...
Well...
Im not sure ima correct anyone xD
But ill fix it.

But i actually believe i get wep focus for b*****d sword through a special ability.
Ill double check though.
I was half-working when doing the actual nitty-gritty stuff.
Anyway, ill fix it tonight.

Weapon focus is not weapon proficiency. Weapon focus is choose a weapon, you now get +1 to hit with said weapon. Exotic weapon proficiency is choose an exotic weapon or take -4 to hit with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:07 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
If I may be so bold to ask but can you by any chance post a link to the Swordsage and the truenamer. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:10 am
saint odium
TheVulgarUnicorn
If I may be so bold to ask but can you by any chance post a link to the Swordsage and the truenamer. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

http://dndtools.eu/classes/swordsage/

Truenamer is harder to find but if you have the tome of magic it's in there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 am
Mongooseh
saint odium
TheVulgarUnicorn

http://dndtools.eu/classes/swordsage/

Truenamer is harder to find but if you have the tome of magic it's in there.

That's one of the books I have in storage right now. So once we get Vulgar straightened out we should be close to being ready to go.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ishazi

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 am
TheVulgarUnicorn

So we have a half breed. They taste yummy. *Columbine licks Claira Benedict*
The Tiefling makes her a little sulfuric but that's fine.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:52 am
Ishazi
TheVulgarUnicorn

So we have a half breed. They taste yummy. *Columbine licks Claira Benedict*
The Tiefling makes her a little sulfuric but that's fine.

No eating other players characters. We went over this it's only if they let you. Lol  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34 am
So, I'm probably gonna sound like an a** here, but the Half Vampire template is a +2 Level Adjustment. Vampire is a +8, unless she's is getting an homebrew template (thus the still existant constitution score and non-evil alignment). And yet both are level 10 characters? Do us other players get some sort of payoff? Maybe a chance to pick up a template of our own?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:37 pm
RafeRavel
So, I'm probably gonna sound like an a** here, but the Half Vampire template is a +2 Level Adjustment. Vampire is a +8, unless she's is getting an homebrew template (thus the still existant constitution score and non-evil alignment). And yet both are level 10 characters? Do us other players get some sort of payoff? Maybe a chance to pick up a template of our own?

No level adjustment for anyone is the big thing. I don't like the whole ECL thing. If you want to add a template to your character be my guest. I'm sorry I should have mentioned that in the character creation section of this campaign.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:40 pm
I imagine there will be some character tweaking going on in a few minutes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 pm
saint odium

You bet there will be x3  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 pm
saint odium
RafeRavel
So, I'm probably gonna sound like an a** here, but the Half Vampire template is a +2 Level Adjustment. Vampire is a +8, unless she's is getting an homebrew template (thus the still existent constitution score and non-evil alignment). And yet both are level 10 characters? Do us other players get some sort of payoff? Maybe a chance to pick up a template of our own?

No level adjustment for anyone is the big thing. I don't like the whole ECL thing. If you want to add a template to your character be my guest. I'm sorry I should have mentioned that in the character creation section of this campaign.

Okay, now I'm confused. You accepted an effectively level 18 character right off the bat. Now you're accepting an effectively level 12. You say you don't like level adjustment, but you took two of them, one of them EXTREMELY high. LA's are LA's, regardless of the source - be it race or template. I just want clarification on what the limitations are.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:43 pm
InsaneKatKing475
saint odium

You bet there will be x3

So what are you thinking about  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:57 pm
RafeRavel
saint odium
RafeRavel
So, I'm probably gonna sound like an a** here, but the Half Vampire template is a +2 Level Adjustment. Vampire is a +8, unless she's is getting an homebrew template (thus the still existent constitution score and non-evil alignment). And yet both are level 10 characters? Do us other players get some sort of payoff? Maybe a chance to pick up a template of our own?

Okay, now I'm confused. You accepted an effectively level 18 character right off the bat. Now you're accepting an effectively level 12. You say you don't like level adjustment, but you took two of them, one of them EXTREMELY high. LA's are LA's, regardless of the source - be it race or template. I just want clarification on what the limitations are.

She's far from level 18. I mean I don't like level adjustment in the sense it's a crappie system for experience penalty for non standard characters. A level five character is still level five so why should they have to earn more experience a better way would be to adjust the enemies for the power of the character. Besides that you assume that Ishazi's character would have a +8 level adjustment going by the standard vampire who gets d12 hit dice, way more skill bonuses, way more bonus feats, higher ability score adjustments, energy drain attacks, and a whole host of other special abilities she does not have also no where on her character does it give a base race, a note of being undead or having any of the undead immunities. Yes she is a homebrew Vampire that is living and would a monstrous humanoid with Level Adjustment closer to +4 then +8. Besides that the Lesser Aassimar gets a level adjustment of +2. We go with nothing above a +4 for the most part. If you would like to continue this then please  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff