Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Fire Emblem] Rise of the Fallen [Moved] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:29 pm
Paidi tou Selini

Haha Kk Everything looks like it's in order.

Accepted ovo/  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:32 pm
And once Miss Liquidor fixes her characters, all we would need is one of the Fighters (Mercenary, Fighter, or Barbarian) and a Tactician in order to start.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:56 pm
Hey, Just wanted to update everyone im working on my character now. I'm making a Mage and either a Pegasus Rider/Wryvern Rider/Manakete, 2 of those three.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 pm
Why does no one want to be a tanky class?
The army is gonna die with all these squishy characters....  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:46 pm
The Manakete is a pretty beefy class, especially at this level, the Wryvern rider I'm thinking about also has a heavy focus on defense.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:09 pm
I was/am tempted to make a Knight for that very reason. sweatdrop  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 pm
Kowsauni

If you say so....

Manakete are strong now, for sure, but they're going to fall off once we reach higher levels. They cap out 10-20 points below most other classes. They also don't get any really nice skills and, though you might reclass for a skill, the unit cap will still remain throughout the game so you might have to wait before you can get the skills you want.
Not to mention that they suffer from low Skill and Speed, with low Skill making you less likely to hit and low Speed making enemies more likely to hit you (and possibly hit you twice).

And as long as you stay away from bows/wind magic/Book of Nagas/Volant Axes/Wyrmslayers with your flier, you should be fine. [Yay for Flying/Dragon Effective Weapons~!]
(and Book of Nagas and Wyrmslayers for your Manakete, as well)

Paidi tou Selini

You're so sweet.
If you decide to make a Knight, make sure you're friends with one of the Flying Units. Slow as snails, them armored folks.
You could also go Cavalier. They have pretty good Str and Def, without sacrificing Movement. And they can promote to Paladin or Great Knight, which are both super useful.

I'm making a Mercenary right now, myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:42 pm
Alright well, here is my mage...

Username: Kowsauni
Name: Kael
Class: Mage
Birthday: Dec 1st
About: Kael is the last surviving member of the Arethoes’ noble line. When he was but a young child his entire family murdered by an angry mob of villagers tired of living in terror of his parent’s brutal rule. Kael grew up an orphan forever haunted by his family's dark past. Despite this, Kael forgave those responsible for his family's death vowed to spend his life to serving the people and to right the evils perpetrated by his parents. In conversation Kael is a stern, taciturn individual. His kind heart is hidden by a dark exterior. Kael is an avid reader and has a deep fascination with botany.

Movement: 5
Stats:
    Health (HP) :: 16 [50 (35+15)]
    Strength (Str) :: 0 [15 (0+15)]
    Magic (Mag) :: 4 [80 (20+60)]
    Skill (Skl) :: 3 [60 (20+40)]
    Speed (Spd) :: 4 [60 (20+40)]
    Luck (Lck) :: {0 [40 (0+40)]
    Defense (Def) :: 2 [45(5+40)]
    Resistance (Res) :: 3 [50 (10+40)]

Skills: Magic +2
Inventory:
Thunder [Mt 3 // Hit 80 // Crit 5 // Range 1~2] :: 45/45 Uses
Vulnerary :: 3/3 Uses :: Restores 10 HP  

Kowsauni
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm
Kowsauni

Hahaha So, are you your own mage? Also, nice job choosing my birthday for your character.

Alright, alright. I'll be serious now.
So, I don't believe that character for a second. Just because their family ruled unjustly over some people, it doesn't mean that they were mean to their children. In fact, usually the children grow up never knowing how bad the commoners are being treated and they grow up happily in the lap of luxury. That being said, those children are usually really connected to their family and are the most hurt if anything were to happen to said family.

But anyways, then that family was murdered. And he forgave these villagers for murdering the only family he had? And now he plans on serving the people, not through being something normal like a cavalier or a priest but through magic?

I really don't understand your character.

I would think that he would stop trusting people and be slow to form friendships due to the trauma of his childhood.
And don't tell me that he knew what was going on with his family. He had no way to find out, unless the villagers were in front of his home and yelling for justice. The only way he would find out would be from a villager, which (as you said) were "living in terror" and would thus be probably hiding in terror.

---------------------------------------

Alright, stat-wise, he looks fine.
Just don't forget to add your Magic +2 Skill to your Magic Stat [in parentheses, if you don't mind]

Everything else is good.

[ As a note for future reference: I hate orphan characters. Why? Because I don't see what's so bad about having a family. Don't know your parents? Fine. Parents killed while you were young and having it be your defining feature? Not fine. Parents killed while you were old enough to not be traumatized? Fine. Using that death to force motivation? Not fine. ]

If you want, you can have your family "at odds" with the people they rule over and I can make them die for you.
That way, you can be a servant of the people without the emotional baggage and get some nice RP experience along with your own map and chapter.
How does that sound?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 pm
Never mind then, I'll use a different character. The entire story involving around this character's past is actually quite long and detailed and its hard to adequately explain in one little blurb. The whole point was that he was quite removed form everything that took place, But in the eyes of others he was still guilty by association and was judged as such. That's what I meant by him being haunted by his past. People hated him for being an Areathos and judged him for the crimes committed by his parents. Kael himself was actually not involved in any of it and was not particularly close to his parents, though he loved his sister. As he got older he came to understand the circumstances surrounding the event and forgave the people involved. What more he set out on a quest to try and reestablish his family's name as a source of good. Honestly, a lot of this was going to come out in rp so I didn't want to explain all the details at once.

However, if you don't like it that's fine, though I'm not going to use Kael then as his story is too deeply engrained into his character.  

Kowsauni
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:31 pm
Kowsauni
Never mind then, I'll use a different character.

Alright then.

Simple is better, in this case.
I don't plan on wading through a novel to understand a character. If you need to include footnotes to make them understood, then they're too complex for this game.

I would recommend making up a character, so you have no prior attachment to them. It's highly likely that they could die during the course of the game, after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 pm
[might as well make my merc now, then....]

Username: xX_Terei_Xx
Name: Kivro of the Golden Gryphons
Class: Mercenary Lv3
Birthday: November 12th
About: Kivro was the one who mentored Richard in swordplay, as part of his duty to House Wildewynn. He was hired out of his fighting talent, but was kept on due to his honest and open demeanor. He uses his honor as a warrior to get him through tough situations. Kivro is staunchly loyal to Richard and has vowed to protect the young Lord from harm. When not in battle, he enjoys helping the common folk and playing with the town's children. He is also an excellent cook.

• Movement: 5
    Stats:
      Health (HP) :: 19/19 [80 (45+35)]
      Strength (Str) :: 6 [60 (20+45)]
      Magic (Mag) :: 1 [15 (0+15)]
      Skill (Skl) :: 9 [55 (25+30)]
      Speed (Spd) :: 7 [50 (20+30)]
      Luck (Lck) :: 1 [75]
      Defense (Def) :: 6 [50 (10+40)]
      Resistance (Res) :: 2 [25 (5+20)]
          +1 in every stat except Speed and +2 in Res during Level Up

Skills:
    Armsthrift: (Luck × 2)% chance that a weapon won't degrade upon use

Inventory:
    Bronze Sword [Mt 3 // Hit 100 // Crit 0 // Range 1] :: 50/50 Uses

• xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Kowsauni
    Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm
    Okay, ive decided to do just one character for now then. Here is my Manakete

Username: kowsauni
    Name: Kit
    Class: Manakete (Divine)
    Birthday: March 19th
    About: Kit hails from the mountains and has spent quite some time away from civilization. However, for reasons of her own, she has decided to once again get embroiled in the affairs of men and seeks to play apart in this conflict. Kit is a voracious eater and likes to set things on fire.
    Movement: 6
    Stats:
      Health (HP) :: 18/18 [70 (50+20)]
      Strength (Str) :: 2 (10) [70 (20+50)]
      Magic (Mag) :: 0 (5) [20 (5+15)]
      Skill (Skl) :: 1 (4) [65 (20+45)]
      Speed (Spd) :: 1 (3) [65 (20+45)]
      Luck (Lck) :: 0 [50 (0+50)]
      Defense (Def) :: 2 (12) [50 (15+35)]
      Resistance (Res) :: 2 (9) [45 (15+30)]
        (#) indicates the Manakete's shifted stats

Skills:
    Odd Rhythm: increases Accuracy and Avoid +10 during odd numbered turns.

Inventory:
    Dragonstone [Mt 8 // Hit 80 // Crit 0 // Range 1~2] :: 50/50 Uses
      (Manaketes only, Str +8, Mag +5, Skl +3, Spd +2, Def +10, Res +7)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm
    xX_Terei_Xx
    First of all, I love how you got three classes with a "something +2" as their starting skill.

Ok one blurb question: If Tamma was orphaned at a young age, how could she follow in her family's traditions? Would she know these traditions or are they the traditions of her new family?
    It would almost make more sense to just not make her an orphan.

Can you put [Flying/Beast] after Pegasus Knight (for Class) and [Beast] after Troubadour?
    Oh and [Effective against Flying] for your bow.
    For your Heal staff, the small amount is 10 HP ( and I've decided + Mag/2 ) [ So your Heal is 11 HP ]

Stat-wise, there were little problems, but...
    Archer Def class growth is 10, not 15. And your Archer also has another 5 points left to spend in personal growths.

Besides that, it all looks good.

Really had no idea that that was their skill list but it makes it a tad simpler.

Unless the term orphaned has changed in the past few years, it doesn't mean that she has no idea what her family line is. But I'll modify it to make sense.

Building characters at 3am, not recommended.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Wall Street 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:46 am
    Liquidor

Everything looks good. Accepted!

Family line, maybe. But she has to still be taught those traditions from somewhere. Traditional orphans usually have better things to do (like surviving) than trying to emulate their family's customs.

Haha Yeah..... But sometimes the best inspiration hits you so late at night.

Kowsauni

-sigh- Alright then.... I love how you completely ignore everything I had said earlier.

First, if you're going to play a Manakete (especially a Divine one), you might want to read up on them. They have their own rules and such, being more of a race than a class.

That being said, your sheet looks fine mechanics-wise.

I probably won't be accepting your character, though. Here's why:
    It's a Manakete. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but when your one character is a class that is already up and there are other much-needed classes that have yet to be filled and this is supposed to be a playtest for the different classes as much as the mechanics and you completely ignore how much the GM tried to warn you away from the "shiny" class and by ignoring me and trying to be classes already accepted anyways, you make yourself seem less like a team player in a game where you need to work together or else you die on the battlefield....
    well....
    Forgive me if I'm a bit against accepting you. =v=;;

If it was just a concept thing, then you could just as easily have played a Laguz/Taguel (which I would have been completely fine with) and been a Dragon Laguz (yes, those are a thing). I could have even restated the Taguel from a rabbit to something more draconic for you.
    All you had to do was ask.  
    The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces