Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Bunyip - A one-shot by Rain Yupa - In Progress! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:44 pm
GM post:

Thanks to Vash's roll before, yes, there are outlets, and there are two lamps in this room; a tall tarnished steel floor lamp resting on the floor by a wall, its bulb shattered; and a table lamp that had fallen off the side table by the damaged couch, its structure damaged and lampshade crumpled from the fall but it looked operational besides that. Its cable ran beneath the rotten-smelling carpet to another socket opposite the one Vash found.

A bit more detail about the cabin itself: As previously mentioned, there are doors to other rooms; two on the left, two on the right. Beyond that, there was a dirty glass sliding door in the back of the cabin that was still somehow intact. It went from the kitchen to a tiny'ish back porch which faced the lake.

By the time the drama had settled, the sun would noticeably begin to descend in the sky. Not sunset yet, but the treeline would block direct sunlight in less than an hour.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 am
((my bad for not posting for so long; I'm having a bit of trouble with motivation))

Drama. Ugh. Kyt so didn't like drama. She was honestly still torn whether this was real or some elaborate prank, although, as she'd said, it was better to err on the side of caution.

She took the hairclip with a bit of a sigh, examining the metal. "Actually, the problem is that it's too thick. Even if I managed to split the thing in two, it's not small enough to wiggle up and down." The brunette handed the hair clip back with an apologetic smile. "Thanks for offering, though. What I really need is a credit card (or similar) if I want to try to slide the jam, or something like bobby pins or paper clips to actually pick it."

While she waited for any offers, the mildly punk looking girl continued, looking around at the others, eyes pausing on Lilly for a moment. "I or Lilly should probably go with Rain. I think we know him the best, so he'd be more likely to listen to one of us. I'd prefer to stay in and watch the cabin. I read a lot, especially survival genre, but I've got absolutely no practical experience."  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 pm
Vash dug in his pockets and withdrew a wallet. He flipped it open and pulled out a Subway Giftcard. Although it contained no remaining credit on it, it did hold enough points to score Vash with a six-inch sub, should he ever wish. He card-tossed it to Kyt, "Will that do?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:35 pm
GM Post:

Just in case it wasn't assumed, Kytana, go ahead and give me a roll to attempt to pick the lock.

Vash, stop making me laugh with your posts.

--------------------

Player Post:

"....." Rain would slow his speed, but not stop, as he continued walking from the cabin. "I don't know. In The Thing, they used fire on blood. Maybe that? I don't know."

He would shake his head a bit. "I don't know why the Bunyip lets one go. Maybe it prefers the hunt, maybe it expects that person to lead it to new prey. I don't know. There's a lot I don't know about this, I never had the chance to learn."

A jingle in his hands as he lifted up the key ring he had. "And frankly, I wouldn't mind surviving again. If that means locking myself in the mini-van while you all fend for your lives without my advice..."

k-chnk! the vehicle would sound as he pushed the button to unlock it. Looking over his should with one eye at Lilly, he'd simply say, "... so be it."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:39 pm
It got to her for just a moment. Lips pursing together and brows furrowing delicately marked the only indication of the much deeper emotional storm building within. With Vash completely ignoring her and Rob defying all logic for what could only have been spite... but then the moment passed. That's right, this was just a dream. Her mind was always thinking up new and inventive ways to irritate her, and exacerbating her fear of men and rejection in a high-stress scenario was just the kind of thing a dream of hers would do.

"Okay... learn it the hard way." she finally responded amidst a heavy sigh to let out the stress. She then put her friendly face back on and turned to the others, perhaps too cheerfully to compensate, "So! Chances are pretty good we're going to lose the van when he gets killed. We should start thinking of other ways we can get out. Preferably something other than walking. Maybe one of these lights can summon a helicopter..."

Her rambling faded away for a moment as she looked down at her wrist, whereupon she seemed to find something for immediately she looked back up with a curious expression and headed straight for the kitchen.

Step one was giving the stove a good sniff to make sure there weren't any gasses leaking. Step two was turning it on as carefully as she knew how and ducking for cover just in case her nose was wrong. Assuming nothing exploded step three was to search through drawers and cabinets for a non-rusted knife. It was a lot to hope for in a place like this, but at least worth a try.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:13 am
GM Post:

KytanaTheThief

xX_Terei_Xx

Kuro_nee-chan

InuVash255

Think of this like a dungeon delve. If you stand at the front entrance and don't actually enter the dungeon, the GM has a lot less to do. Feel free to interact with one another, or to get out and explore. But posts need to happen, one way or another.

Remember, one of you is the Bunyip (since I'm the Angel). You know what you must do.

Also here, though my interior decorating skills are lacking, here's a rough layout of the cabin:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilly, you begin to experiment with the stove. It was a gas stove, but if there were any leaks the gasses had dissipated long ago. Trying to turn it on yields no effect, for good or for ill.

Then, as you sift through the drawers, most of them are empty. You find a rotted rolling pin, nothing, nothing, a few cans of long-expired food (good until 11/14/82?!) with the labels peeled of... aha! Utensils! A few rusted forks and spoons, but there IS a (relatively large) knife! It looks dulled, but hey, its better than nothing, right?

And that's the good news. The bad news is that it was buried in what looks like a bone about inch in diameter, which was coupled with a pair of slightly smaller ones. This grayish sludge seemed to cake the surrounding area of the drawer, and fly carcasses littered the drawer by a large number. You'd wager it was a gross gross, give or take a few.

There was a putrid odor of decay as well that was just released, which was extremely stomach turning. How's your fortitude, Lilly?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:38 pm
Terei would shrug, given that everyone appeared to ignore her try at taking charge. She wasn't about to go about on her own, so she might as well help search the current cabin. It was too bad, though. Things would be easier if people would just listen, instead of doing things on their own.

First, she would go search through the couch and chair to see if there was anything of use. People lose stuff in couch cushions all the time, right?
Then, Terei would check every door (starting at the bottom right and working her way counter-clockwise) to see if any were unlocked.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm
GM Post:

Terei, as you begin to pilfer the couch for ill-gotten gains, you find a pointy spring! Ouch! You take 1 point of damage and a bloody finger. However, it's not a hit-point based system, so... uh... nevermind? Beyond yucky mucky stuff, all that seems to await you within the couch was pointy bits, especially because it was so ripped up.

The door to the right entrance would be unlocked if you tried it, but you haven't committed to opening any so I can't tell you what's inside though.

The door left of that one in the kitchen area was locked, and had this symbol hastily etched above the handle:

User Image

The door to the right of the one Kytana was trying to mess with was unlocked as well.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:27 pm
"Hmmm....So, we have access to half of the rooms." Terei would mumble, after checking the doors.

"So my choice is either one or three, huh?" Terei just kept on talking to herself.
Just to make sure it was apparent to the others, she used her newly bloodied finger to draw an faint X over Mars.
"I guess I'll go with 3...."

Terei looked around the room at the others and sighed. Putting her hand on the handle of the door that stood to the far left of the front door, she carefully opened the door to see what was behind Door Number 3.

Hopefully, the others would back her up if anything bad happened.  
KytanaTheThief rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 am
((Sorry for being so crap about posting))

Kyt caught the card with a grin on her face, eyes lighting up in relief. "Perfect, yeah!" The brunette carefully slid it into the door frame, trying to wiggle it down across the latch. Hopefully it was the slideable kind of lock....in an old cabin like this, everything could simply be deadbolted.

((..........internet dice really hate me.))  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm
GM Post:

Kytana, as you attempt to use the card to unlock the door, you feel as if someone suddenly grabbed the other end. Before you knew it, it was pulled from your grasp. At least, that's what it felt like.

Though you hear it hit the wood floor of the room almost immediately, as if you had only dropped it. You aren't sure how far into the room it fell, but the crack at the bottom of the door is high enough where you might be able to reach it with just your fingers.

Thoughts?

Terei, as you open the door along the same wall, it opens up into!!!!!!!

... the bathroom. Dirty and forgotten, everything porcelain and tile is stained a sickly yellow. The mirror is smeared with this thick, lumpy, dried, reddish brown trail. You can make out the occasional fingerprint if you looked hard enough.

A pile of soiled rags sits in the tub, and there is no curtain for the shower, as it seems to have been torn from the hooks along the bar (a few select smokey gray tatters remain).

There is a window in this room, the wooden blinds cracked enough to let what little sunlight remains through the dusty window.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 am
"Ugh. I hate bathrooms...." Terei would moan, seeing the room before her.
She was a bit confused, though. Does that mean the girl and boy signed doors were for bedrooms?

Anyways, time to get down to business. Ignoring the other things, assuming that they were like that with age, Terei kneeled down next to the tub and gingerly picked up the rags.
She swore that if anything jumped out at her, she would smash its skull if she needed to.

"Please be something nice, like a baby dragon or a bleached skull...." ; v ;  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 pm
Though her fortitude was probably better than most, it wasn't quite that good. As soon as the smell hit (and it quite literally did "hit") her eyes went dark and she shoved her hand over her mouth, but ultimately she looked more shocked than disgusted. Olfactory sensations weren't supposed to be this strong... in fact, she'd never had a dream this real before. Unless she was in the hospital and that was the smell of some chemical they were using on her. This was starting to seem like bad news no matter which way she looked at it.

Still, there wasn't anything she could do to change either reality at the moment, so in the meantime she tentatively wedged/shimmied the knife out of the bone and closed the drawer as quickly as possible. She then proceeded to back off to the other side of the kitchen (or even get out of the kitchen if the smell followed her), gasp desperately for fresh air, and examine the knife in relative peace. Considering the state of where she found it and the fact that the stove wasn't working she wasn't even going to consider using it for what she had originally planned, but there was still one more thing she could try...

Once again she looked down at the lights upon her wrist. One of them was red, and red was pretty commonly associated with fire. Holding the knife firmly in her left hand (though still with a look on her face like it was going to jump out and bite her), she brought her right down from her mouth and placed two fingers upon the dulled light like she had seen Rob do before. From there she concentrated on the knife and... gave the light a little rub? She was a bit sketchy on that part, but continued to hope something would happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:26 pm
Quick GM Post:

Lilly, what are you trying to accomplish by using your red light? Or, alternatively, what do you HOPE will happen, or what do you EXPECT will happen?

There is no wrong answer.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:33 pm
Quick OOC Answer?

Not sure what to expect, but HOPING that the blade will be wreathed in fire. Or become a lightsaber since that was previously mentioned and still fresh in mind and awesome. Mostly the fire, though.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff