Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
medical bills Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

facts aren't myth
  opinions are not facts
View Results

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 am
Victoria Whitechapel
I see how you might think we are brain washed but have you ever considered that you might be? Think about this it could be argued that vegetarians really just do not want to kill animals. That I can understand but I think since vegetarians cannot convince enough people to become one based on that they simply say it is unhealthy so they cook up (no pun intended) a bunch of stuff about how meat is killing you so maybe they can convince more people. So then they go around saying that the whole world is wrong and all Doctors are wrong in hopes that people will come around to there way of thinking. Like I have said before you can find Doctors who support your point of view and I can find Doctors who do not. The difference between you and I is I can see your side and respect it but you just think I am brainwashed. So no offence but I think I will go with the Majority on this one I am Healthy and not overweight at all so I see no need to change my diet.

I thought about that, I tried to consider that and being told many times vegan doesn't change the world. Yet all I see is being vegan does change the world, ourselves (health and mind) and for animals' good. Base on facts

no offense taken at all, Victoria. Your choice of what you eat is purely decision of yours and mine is mine. I do respect the way you are living and also happy for you that you are living the way you are living. Yet when you see the things I have said as just opinions and "cooked up stuff" (no pun intended rofl ), then your "respect" is actually quite on the same level as me pointed out "people have been brainwashed"

Just saying if everyone can survives and can be healthy without animals meat, then it proves very well that eating meat is/are for taste, tradition's sake, wrongly informed, or false health reason (as vegan can be healthy without meat). Could you tell me what else can it be? convenience maybe?

I never said all doctors are wrong (how many times do I have to say this?) and it's clearly to think the world is alright with this way (all ways) we have been living is quite an innocent thought mrgreen

When does showing compassion towards animals by not paying people to kill them as our food (that we can live without) are anything but a wrong thing to do? Have you thought about that? Killing is killing, simple as that (sorry...)

Convince people with facts and yet people still don't want to reflect with the actions we all have been doing, then it's not a problem of those who gave out facts, is it?  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:32 pm
Kecitich
Just saying if everyone can survives and can be healthy without animals meat, then it proves very well that eating meat is for are for taste, tradition's sake, wrongly informed, or false health reason (as vegan can be healthy without meat).
Convince people with facts and yet people still don't want to reflect with the actions we all have been doing, then it's not a problem of those who gave out facts, is it?

I love how passionate you are about this, even if I don't agree. I still respect your opinion and I'm thrilled you've brought this discussion to NSTG.

I hope you'll consider joining the NSTG Activity Raffle, since you are one of our most active members!
User Image

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 am
I am sure you are right and I never said that a vegan can not be healthy I was simply saying that just because I eat meat does not mean I am not. If you want to argue about animals being killed for meat then to me I can see your argument and understand why some choose not to eat meat for that reason. What I think you are mistaken in is that meat is not healthy and that any Doctor who says that it is is lying to or misleading us. I am sure you can come up with a lot of things to back up your claims but I know they all come form pro vegan sites. So if I find the information questionable. I am happy that you and others are living a meat free life and enjoying it but as for me I say bring on the steak and lobster xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 am
Victoria Whitechapel
If you want to argue about animals being killed for meat then to me I can see your argument and understand why some choose not to eat meat for that reason. What I think you are mistaken in is that meat is not healthy and that any Doctor who says that it is is lying to or misleading us. I am sure you can come up with a lot of things to back up your claims but I know they all come form pro vegan sites. So if I find the information questionable. I am happy that you and others are living a meat free life and enjoying it but as for me I say bring on the steak and lobster xd

I didn't and do not want to argue, All I wanted was to show facts. That's all.

If anyone finds any information are not trustworthy then anyone of course has their rights to doubt and disbelieve the given information. Simple as that smile I just want to remind you most information and facts have to come from researches and data collecting from cases. Carried out by health, agricultural, food, animals care organizations, universities and of course from government that you said you believe in. rofl (either the researches and data collecting jobs carried out properly or not, is not something any of us can have fully control of, but we can try to analyze like where the results came from and how many % on data reflection of the whole groups. Then we can see their reliability).

Of course there are lots of made up "facts", "data" and "information". Those are the ones we have to judge and find if they are really reliable (if we really care that much).

I have yet to heard any government spends even half a million as medical cost annually, on treating patients illness as a direct result of vegetables and fruits consumption xd

Victoria Whitechapel
I am sure you are right and I never said that a vegan can not be healthy I was simply saying that just because I eat meat does not mean I am not.

I have never said you are not healthy either (nor I said you said vegan cannot be healthy). Where you got that idea? I did asked you vegans can be healthy without meat, so what is meat are for in our diets? Taste? Tradition's sake? conveniences maybe? or false health reason (because everyone can be healthy as a vegan that eat right the amount of food...no meat no dairy and eggs)  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:14 pm
I will tell you why I eat meat like I said before I like it it tastes good the same reason I eat chocolate the same reason I drink wine I like it to me it is pure indulgence. I want to enjoy life and I find these things enjoyable. They will not kill me or harm me in any way so why should I stop. As for the Government I never said I believed them I just said that the Government hear does not promote a specific diet or at least not that I have seen. We have a free market here you can choose to eat what you want and buy it from where you want you can also choose what Doctor you go see and how you live. the key is overindulgence if you eat too much red meat it is bad for you if you eat too much fast food it is bad for you if you drink too much it is bad for you. You know I had a friend in college who was a vegan and she was always sick she did not get enough protein now I am not saying that that is the case for all vegans but I am saying anything taken too far can be bad.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:38 am
I private messaged you, Victoria. I find it more appropriate that way without causing any angers from anyone due to their misunderstandings. Especially since the last 6 replies are just you and me speaking to each other.  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:07 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gEiweaAVQ

Great videos are to share, those who wants to learn will learn, those who don't will do whatever they like to do anyway ^___^ I find this informative presentation is important to share for everyone.

To some this is noise. But I do not care what other thinks of me. I am not forcing you anything anyway, at the end, you choose what you like smile  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff