Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for fans of mass effect. We focus mainly on discussion, but roleplaying is also good. 

Tags: mass, effect, citadel, shepard, sci fi 

Reply The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild
Any one else angry... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlight Dragon

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:22 am
Patton
Starlight Dragon
Patton
Doesn't indoctrination make more sense, though? The Citadel controlled the Reapers, and since ME1 established that the Reapers indoctrinated Saren...would it not make sense that the Citadel could indoctrinate all who pass through it? The Reapers had only a few years with Saren...but the Citadel has been occupied for generations gonk

The indoctrination theory does make sense and I am fairly sure that's what Bioware was going for with the ending for the game. It's all just speculation from the fans but it seems pretty clear that the ending was about that.

Most of us aren't upset because of that. We are more upset about things being extremely vague and unclear. Also, no matter what you picked at the end of the game almost all the endings were exactly the same... with a tiny little difference in them.

(Oh and random question.....may I ask what the Zenga-Zenga in your sig means? There's a reason I'm asking haha.)

If Bioware gave too broad a range of endings, they ran the risk of being viewed as corny or schmaltzy. For instance, the final encounter could well have sounded hauntingly like the Neo-Architect scene from the Matrix Reloaded xd . I was kind of worried how they would end the trilogy...they had built up for a big climax. Or maybe the threat is so galaxy defining, your best efforts can only achieve a sort of stalemate between synthetics and organics.

OoC: I think zenga zenga means "street by street". At least, that is what I have been able to research. It came from a speech by Muamar Ghadafi (spelling not reliable mrgreen ) before he died.

For sure ... obviously it's impossible to please everyone and the ending wasn't going to sit well with certain people. I still feel like they could have done something a bit better though because the way they put and ended things got under a lot of people's skin. It kind of just left you with an empty feeling.... but not cause Shepard didn't live or whatever but more for the unclarity. It's like even if you get the ending where Shep lives ... that means nothing happened and that the Reapers are still ravaging Earth. What in the world happens next? That's where hopefully there will news from Bioware to makes things a bit more clear.

(ahh okay, interesting.... I only asked because that's my actual last name haha)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:51 pm
I think this article on Kotaku really explains how many of us feel about the endings. Mass Effect 3’s Ending Disrespects Its Most Invested Players

Im not angry about the endings, im just disappointed; and in a way I feel betrayed if that makes any sense. sad

Krazy-Chibi

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 pm
Krazy-Chibi
I think this article on Kotaku really explains how many of us feel about the endings. Mass Effect 3’s Ending Disrespects Its Most Invested Players

Im not angry about the endings, im just disappointed; and in a way I feel betrayed if that makes any sense. sad
it makes tons of since  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:16 am
Krazy-Chibi

Interesting article and some of the 'pro-ending' comments are just plain hilarious!

It's sad really, Bioware had the holy grail of a game series and in one ending they utterly ruined it.

Heck, I think they ruined it way before the ending for many reasons (I just got done typing up my Amazon review yesterday) and the really annoying thing is that Tuchunka (Whilst Cliche) was done right.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Starlight Dragon

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:56 pm
News on the new DLC for the "extended ending"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:56 pm
Im scared about this new DLC. Sounds like it will be equally as shitty..  

Punishedestiny

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Heckler 50

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:26 am
Punishedestiny
the multiplayer map packs?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:28 am
CDR Shepard
Punishedestiny

No, the dlc for the ending. Free maps are always sweet.  

Punishedestiny

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Heckler 50

OtherWorldShukumei

Cluttered Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 am
Yeah, I'm being cautiously optimistic about that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 am
Punishedestiny
CDR Shepard
Punishedestiny

No, the dlc for the ending. Free maps are always sweet.
more then just maps... guns and characters... i wish some other games the have multi-player -cough- COD -cough- games add more weapons to it, keeps things interesting.

I also hope the guns are unlocked in single player as well. that krogan assault rifle looks awesome.  

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items