Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The World of the Scion- Reboot attempt. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Vampfighter1
Willpower is only your two highest traits,
my two highest traits is Intellegence and Manipulation, both at 4[not counting the first dot]. Four and four is 8...

Quote:
You don't have a calling, your backstory is still lacking,
I knew my backstory wasn't finished, I wanted to get everything set up before then
Quote:
I don't know where your bonus points were spent.
Fixed

]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AnLTLxKXUQeHdHpHejJ2STJfdmNLa05WRjhyV3d0Snc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

I'm going to accept... But be ready to roleplay.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 pm
Vampfighter1

Sorry for this, but does this work now?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AnLTLxKXUQeHdHloQ2RwSEZaVjBqWlBkQ1p1OWUyRmc&output=html

I know I changed it from the first character, but I couldn't think of how to fix it with the number of errors

Never mind, you posted before me  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm
Actually. I Like the child of Hermes better. Xp.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:12 pm
Vampfighter1
Actually. I Like the child of Hermes better. Xp.
Then I shall use him, I just have to fix one or two things on him that I now see. I will post after my classes in the morning, It is 1 am here and I have to be up by 6  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Califlora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:27 pm
Is there still room here?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:48 am
Well this is mildly annoying- they give stats for the Spear of Lugh in the sample Scion of Lugh, but I can't find stats for Gae Bolga?

Not to mention the stats it does list for the Spear of Lugh look pretty painful- given it's a relic 3 that gives three perviews, one would expect similar stats for Gae Bolga, somewhere stare

Spear of Lugh – Acc 7, Dmg 5L, Parry DV 4, Sp 5;
Spear of Lugh, thrown – Acc 7, Dmg 5L-P, Rng 10,
Spd 6

anyway- assuming I can still join all I've got left is gear... which is to say, i'd like some kind of mundane armor- probably leather or something along those lines- and I know the characters are supposed to be children- but is it possible to have a pistol still (as long as I can explain it in my history- which I've also still got to write).

in fact given Gae Bolga is supposed to "open up" inside the opponent to do more damage, shouldn't it be worse- or is that all summed up mechanically by the extra damage inflicted when you remove it?  

Califlora

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 am
Yes there's still room for more. As for the starting of the weapon, I direct you to Raferavel who often seems to know everything I dont. Pistols are the only firearm these young Scions may get whilst of with permission.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 pm
RafeRavel

in that case in the hopes of getting an answer before I have to go tonight, Mr. Rafe would you happen to know the weapon stats of Gae Bolga?  

Califlora

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:04 pm
Califlora
RafeRavel

in that case in the hopes of getting an answer before I have to go tonight, Mr. Rafe would you happen to know the weapon stats of Gae Bolga?

Quote:
Relic ••• (1 Purview, 1 Unique Two-Dot Power)
The Gae Bolga was the spear of the hero Cúchulainn.
Crafted from the largest bone in the body of a sea serpent,
once it’s been thrown and enters the body of its target, the
spear opens and dispenses numerous barbs into the flesh. The
spear does even more damage when yanked or cut out of the
body. Cúchulainn used it on at least two occasions: once while
fighting a duel against his best friend, Ferdiad, and another
time against his son, Connla, who he had never before met.
Both times, the wound inflicted was almost instantly fatal.
Any Scion who possesses Gae Bolga has access to the
War Purview. Further, after an attack, the weilder can
do the same damage again by successfully yanking the
spear out on a successful (Strength + Melee) roll (against
the target’s (Strength + Athletics) if they resist).

BrigidsBlest
Hi! I'll tackle that one, since I wrote up that part of the section on the Tuatha. The Gae Bolga starts out with the same stats as a Naginata: Accuracy +1, Damage +4L, Defense +1, Speed 5. However, once it's made a successful hit, it does the same damage again if a successful (Strength + Melee) roll against the target's (Strength + Athletics) is made.

Note, this is from one of the developers of the game. So, it's pretty damn accurate.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 pm
RafeRavel
Califlora
RafeRavel

BrigidsBlest
Hi! I'll tackle that one, since I wrote up that part of the section on the Tuatha. The Gae Bolga starts out with the same stats as a Naginata: Accuracy +1, Damage +4L, Defense +1, Speed 5. However, once it's made a successful hit, it does the same damage again if a successful (Strength + Melee) roll against the target's (Strength + Athletics) is made.

Note, this is from one of the developers of the game. So, it's pretty damn accurate.

Thanks for the second part, that's basically what I was looking for, does it have a range since it can supposedly be thrown, or would that just be something under generic rules for thrown objects?  

Califlora

Califlora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 pm
Brighid, with this I call her ready for approval barring missed mistakes or needed corrections...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:34 pm
Aprroved. "Find Conrad and the group.and roll battle action.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:22 pm
Califlora
RafeRavel
Califlora
RafeRavel

BrigidsBlest

Thanks for the second part, that's basically what I was looking for, does it have a range since it can supposedly be thrown, or would that just be something under generic rules for thrown objects?

Nothing listed. And that can imply a couple different possibilities.
1) It was something in the Epic Tales, but the weapon was not actually designed for a thrown use. Or
2) It's body has degraded a bit, and perhaps lost some of its aerodynamics.
Either way, if you really want to throw it, I'd use the stats from the Pilum. And don't forget how strength and Epic Strength increase thrown distance.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 pm
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3s9TwGvy6EDNmYwODU5NWQtNjA4YS00MTkzLWI5NmEtMThjZjI0Nzc5MTgz

Hopefully final revision incorporating Rafe's suggestions for thrown stats  

Califlora

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm
Accepted.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers