Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PATHFINDER] Forgotten Realms: ADVENTURES!! (Always open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Please join. Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease join.
  Okay.
View Results
BegrudginglyGood rolled 5 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 3, 3, 3 Total: 14 (5-30)

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm
I'm ashamed to say I don't seem to remember these rolls, but I thought I should ask now and try to learn the dynamics rather than always using the character generators.

So to work out HP, we roll 5 d6. The first is a 6 automatically, and we keep the two other highest dice.

So I would of had...6, 4, 3 = 13 HP

How many do we roll if we are working out our starting stats, if we want to try it that way rather than the 28/32 point buy system?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:46 pm
Eternality_Cannon
I also found psionic classes in Psionics Unleashed, made by Paizo themselves.

Psionics Unleashed is Pathfinder compatible, but it was designed, written, and published by Dreamscarred Press, a third party publisher. I actually did some of the art for the Psionics Unleashed book.

Paizo, for their part, seem to either not give a damn about psionics, or hate it enough that if and when they do write it, they'll likely create an entirely new ruleset for it, likely based off Vancian spellcasting.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:54 pm
BegrudgingGood
I'm ashamed to say I don't seem to remember these rolls, but I thought I should ask now and try to learn the dynamics rather than always using the character generators.

So to work out HP, we roll 5 d6. The first is a 6 automatically, and we keep the two other highest dice.

How many do we roll if we are working out our starting stats, if we want to try it that way rather than the 28/32 point buy system?

5 of your HD, the sixth is maxed out.

4d6, drop lowest result, there's your ability score before adding the racial ability adjustments.  
BegrudginglyGood rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 1 Total: 40 (12-72)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:38 pm
Eternality_Cannon
BegrudgingGood

4d6, drop lowest result, there's your ability score before adding the racial ability adjustments.

And is our HD always a d6? Or can that change, in which case, what about it can change.  

BegrudginglyGood

BegrudginglyGood rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 3, 5, 4, 2, 2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 3 Total: 38 (12-72)

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:40 pm
So that would mean I have.

5, 16, 15, 13, 11, 9 before any other modifiers to designate to S/D/C/I/W/C.

And my HP would be 20? (1,4,3,3,3 + 6)

That should fit in with the Cleric I'm hoping to write up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 am
BegrudgingGood
Eternality_Cannon
BegrudgingGood

And is our HD always a d6? Or can that change, in which case, what about it can change.

HD is based on class. As a sorcerer, my HD is d6, but yours may be different

@ECannon , what is standard gold for level 6 anyway? n/m found it  

Arc Vembris
Crew

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 am
I'm just going for a basic Cleric. Does it tell us in the Players Handbooks?

A quick online search says Clerics have 5 HD. Is that right?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 am
No... HD for clerics are D8. Don't trust google too much it's safer to ask us.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 am
BegrudgingGood
I'm just going for a basic Cleric. Does it tell us in the Players Handbooks?

A quick online search says Clerics have 5 HD. Is that right?

You have one HD per level, clerics use d8 for HD  
BegrudginglyGood rolled 5 8-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 5, 2 Total: 17 (5-40)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:14 am
You failed me Google...curses.

Thanks for the help. So for a Lv 6 Cleric I would roll 5d8, since the sixth would automatically be an 8.

Right, lets see if that works.

25!

BegrudginglyGood

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:37 am
I submit for your approval

Nemion Carter Ward, Gnome aberrant bloodline Sorcerer  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 am
As a heads-up, we will need people who aren't just magic-users in this campaign. Fighters and the other good BAB classes have undergone serious upgrades. Is there anyone who'd be willing to play one of those?  

Slave Xaccheus

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:07 pm
Ha! This is the first one I wasn't playing one.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:09 pm
BegrudgingGood
Ha! This is the first one I wasn't playing one.

Well, darn. Wish you'd have told me you liked playing those, I'd have been able to set you up with the SRD and everything for them.  

Slave Xaccheus

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:20 pm
I don't mind playing one this time too. Might help me get better if I practice the same rolls/tactics across a few threads.

Hook me up!

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces