Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
NWoD Hunter: The Vigil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archangel486

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm
One doesn't simply walk around the city of Los Angeles toting an AR-15. If you want one, you can own one, but don't expect to be carrying it around with you all the time. And you'll only get one if TF:V gives it to you. If you want to privately own one, you'll need the resources to purchase it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:26 pm
SORRY for taking so long to Respond or build my character!!!
I really want in is there a spot still open?
If so I will Have him done by tomorrow night, I am away on vacation and my book is at home so I cant finish my character sheet  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:29 pm
Archangel486
One doesn't simply walk around the city of Los Angeles toting an AR-15. If you want one, you can own one, but don't expect to be carrying it around with you all the time. And you'll only get one if TF:V gives it to you. If you want to privately own one, you'll need the resources to purchase it.

But I can get away with an AR-10! blaugh

Herm, are there any standard issue weapons they give out?

What about a pistolsz?

A sig suarsz or a glock perhaps?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:36 pm
No one has actually emailed me anything, but even if they had there's still room for you, Blaise. so get moving!

SuicideSoldier, on the typical mission your loadout will include a glock or similar.  

Archangel486

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 pm
Cool.

What if I can hide an Ar-10 underneath my trench coat? ninja

I guess a glock 22 or a Sig P226 would be awesome.

10mm auto is cool but my character only has like, 2 strength.

Although I guess it doesn't matter much, considering that the only people with a problem are "small handed" people. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 pm
Okay, made some adjustments... I think my character is good to go now.  

Ancelas

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:08 pm
Finished and emailed ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:29 pm
KytanaTheThief
Finished and emailed ^^

I HAVE RECIEVED NO SUCH EMAIL RAWWRRRR

But seriously, I didn't get it.

spartacus667@gmail.com  

Archangel486

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm
Hey to anyone out there who would not mind helping someone new to the system out, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out since you seem to know what you are doing. also any pointers i could add to my backstory to make it sound more... professional? or less cinimatic

heres a link to my character sheet if anyone wants to give it a look over

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335487  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 am
Blaise Simpson
Hey to anyone out there who would not mind helping someone new to the system out, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out since you seem to know what you are doing. also any pointers i could add to my backstory to make it sound more... professional? or less cinimatic

heres a link to my character sheet if anyone wants to give it a look over

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335487

Well, you start off with a base of 1 in everything.

So add like, 1 to everything and you're good! blaugh

Also, you need to fill in all the skills and have all the skills listed and your dots in them (even if they are zero).

As well, you need merits, stuff, etc. eek  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:27 pm
Archangel486
HOLY s**t ON AN ALTAIR... I did not expect so much response on this so quickly!

Awesome guys, awesome.

I will answer all of your questions now.

Each one of you has been recruited into Task Force: Valkyrie from a government agency of the Executive Branch (Police, FBI, CIA, military, NSA, SWAT, or DEA) after a brush with the supernatural nearly killed you. I'll leave you to work out the details of exactly what happened.

As for experience, you will each give your character start-off level stats, with a few exceptions:
-Your FIRST dot in the following is free:
1) Guns
2) Brawl
3) Conspiracy (TASK FORCE VALKYRIE ONLY)
4) Contacts (Your related organization)

HOUSE RULES (Here's where I tend to lose video-gamer types):

1) I take a dump on your rulebook. It is there as a tool for me to use to tell a good story, not as something to bind me. I will bend, break, and completely go against NWoD rules on occasion simply because it is good for story. In any decision between plot and strict rule-following, I WILL choose plot.

2) That said, I have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for rulemongering. if you honestly have an issue with something I've done, send me a polite PM and I'll do my best to fix it, or at least explain to you why I did it. I WILL NOT tolerate flaming in any of the game threads, and in the end, I AM RIGHT. Got a problem? Go find another game.This isn't D&D.

3) Don't get me wrong, I love anime. But it has absolutely no place in my campaign. If I so much as SMELL an anime style character, I'm going to tell you to start over. If you want a set of guidelines I'll be using, here it is:
3a) Your character WILL NOT use a sword. Do you honestly know anyone who can ACTUALLY use a sword? No.
3b) Your Character IS NOT a Ninja
3c) Your Character DOES NOT have connections in the Yakuza.
3d) Your hair and eyes are NATURAL COLORS. Government agencies like the ones you're from don't allow crazy colors.
3e) Your character does not know how to Drift Race.
3f) Realism, Goddammit. Know what it is, and stick to it.

4) I want characters who are well thought-out beyond "The gun guy" or "The crazy PTSD guy". Flesh out your character's background, their traits, their personality quirks, character flaws, ambitions, and attitudes. Now this is where I'm really going to lose a few of you: I want a 3-Paragraph description of your character to go along with your stats sheet, MINIMUM. I've put a LOT of effort into writing this campaign (I'll explain in a bit) and I expect you to put in at least half of my effort.

Okay, so that's it for the house rules.

This story is already written, start to finish. Why? Because I am working with a 12-man team to make a 3-D First-Person Gothick RPG-Shooter (Think Mass Effect or Fallout, but Gothick) Currently codenamed "LA Gothik" You people are my STORY Beta-test group. This game has an actual due-date, so you'll see it on Steam about a year from now, if everything goes smoothly. If I like your characters, We might just talk about keeping your character in the final project. (If you are still reading all of this, and have read everything thus far, include the word "Glock" in your reply, Do not include what I'm going to say at the bottom.) Basically I've been designing the type of game/campaign that will give the characters a claustrophobic effect, and be very immersive and creepy, where combat is rarely you best choice of options. Rather, it's your brain that will keep you alive, not your Glock loaded with .40 caliber anti-ethereal rounds (You lucky dog, you).

That all said, This game is, unfortunately, limited entry. The first SIX people to email me a copy of their character sheet and bio, and reply to this post that you're still interested despite all my bastardy rules will be my players. Don't worry if you didn't get in: I'll be opening up another campaign soon.

If you need to contact me faster than PMing me on Gaia (I only check this s**t on my desktop) there are a few ways to reach me that I prefer...

Email (You'll need this): Spartacus667@gmail.com
AIM: UnlikelyHero486
Yahoo!: Raex486
Trillian Astra: Archangel486

ALL OF THESE get routed straight to my cell phone, so you can contact me anytime with questions.

Now, to weed out you lazy bastards who don't read everything:
When you post that you're still interested, Include the word "Carbine" in your reply so I know you read everything I've written.

Crap, I kinda forgot about this a bit. I've got a character made, just need to do a bio. Guess I'll do something odd and make a glock-wielding NCIS agent!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:13 pm
in the two books I have I only find combat style: boxing, kung fu and two weapons. are there anything of a more ranged persuasion? I really dont want to have to run up and punch a vampire in the face to do any sort of real damage lol  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 pm
Fighting styles are merits that allows you abilities. Weapons are in a separate section, and only require the prerequisites listed (usually a minimum strength score) to use.

edit: in case you were asking if there were any merits for ranged combat, then no, there are none, afaik.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:53 pm
thank youfor the information though that seems to skew things in favor for melee combat sad ...

confused though thinking about it you dont hear much about people being punched to death. so guns must be off set by there lethality  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Ancelas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:59 pm
There may be something in the other books, but in the main ones, there aren't any specific merits for special gun tricks. To focus more on ranged combat, you just build up your skill in firearms and... Dex, I believe. You can have a specialty in a particular firearm if you want a bonus die for your pools.

The only weapon merits are utility stuff, like you've already noticed. Gunslinger and Quick Draw are the two that come to mind.

Edit: Here's a quick reference to merits not in the basic books: Merit List

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces