Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF Korvosa] Chapter I: Edge of Anarchy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 pm
"I must express my amazement and confusion in this gathering. Am I to understand that everyone here has received a card and have been wronged by Lamm? Ahem. Forgive me. Catch in my throat." Waving his hands over his green-brown hair, blue-green eyes and near-white skin, "Alchemy lab accident during the last time I served for king and country. Must have done more than just superficial damage."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm
User ImageThe front door of the modest home opens, and a moderately attractive, middle-aged Varisian woman with long, dark hair enters. She smiles. "Thank you very much for coming to visit, everyone," she says as she takes a seat at the table. She reaches into the satchel hanging along her side and produces a small lacquered case, replete with elaborate, braided designs along its borders. She places the case on the table, opens it up, and withdraws a deck of Harrow cards with backs that match those of the cards each of you found today. "My name is Zellara." Her skill with the deck is obvious to anyone watching, as the cards seem to float and dance over her hands and the table. She nods to anyone who still hasn't taken a seat, and gestures with an open hand to the remaining chairs. "Please, sit. Have some wine and bread, if you're interested. It's not much, but it's the best I can do right now..." Her voice is soft but clear. "So, have you all had a chance to meet each other? Get to know each other? I assure you that it would benefit you to do so."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:52 pm
MT the Clown
"I must express my amazement and confusion in this gathering. Am I to understand that everyone here has received a card and have been wronged by Lamm? Ahem. Forgive me. Catch in my throat." Waving his hands over his green-brown hair, blue-green eyes and near-white skin, "Alchemy lab accident during the last time I served for king and country. Must have done more than just superficial damage."

User Image"I know I have been. Thrise-damned old ********>" At the bitter remark, Mr. Dainty Paws growls and grows tense for a moment.

DM
Zellara comes in.

"Oh, hey. Finally the lady who gave me this rather remarkable card shows up. What's going on, exactly?" Aeth crosses her legs and looks at the woman quizzically. "I mean, this is a very interesting way of getting some folks together."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:32 pm
"Oh the wine is quite good, thank you," says Bekra cheerfully, her voice still a touch too loud. "I didn't try the bread since I wasn't hungry, but I'm sure it was good too. So what's up with bringing all these rather random people together? I mean, we've got about everything but a halfling in this room."  

jennibert

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 pm
"I'm wanting to know as well. I don't work with people normally." He shifted, keeping an eye on the others.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:34 am
Exhaling, Johnathan stops hiding his right and and the two vials. Separating the two and tucking them away, "Ah, so you live here. Well, we all share a common enemy, I'm also sure that there will be a small competition in who will kill him first. But that aside, I must say I am quite curious in the method in which you found me, let alone leave a card in my notes." Taking a seat, John passes on the food and drink, "Sorry, when I'm nervous, I get a bit, inquisitive and chatty. Same reason I don't drink, I'm already intelligent and perceptive. Last thing my superiors need is someone who's intelligent, perceptive, and insane. Anyways, I don't suppose you'd try to read something about me? Past or present?"  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:07 am
"Yes, I appreciate that this has been a very... unconventional method of contacting all of you. I have a reason to remain hidden, you see - Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. He would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help, as he has done something terrible to each of you. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son.

"I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And, recently, I was rewarded - I found out where he dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures.

"And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man myself, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him, what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:38 am
Holding up a hand, John retrieves his notebook and writing equipment. Opening to a page filled with a mess of scribbles, he quickly jots down a thought before tucking everything away. "I'm sorry about that and I'm sorry for your loss. As much as I would love to just rush right to the fishery and bring Lamm to slaughter... Ahem. Sorry. Rather than rush headlong, is there any way in telling who may or may not be around? Would I be correct in assuming that there may have been a shift in his group now?"  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:53 pm
User Image"So, we've got a bunch of folks who want his head, and we're going to go get him at his fishery? Sounds good. Mr. Dainty Paws and I have been eager to get him over with." Aeth's face turns into a scowl. "As far as I'm concerned, any of the adults who are working with him right now should get the same reward as him - the things they do to children are absolutely unforgivable. Let's just get on with it."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:11 pm
Bekra's eyes widen as the woman speaks (she has already forgotten her name). "What a terrible thing for anyone to endure!" she exclaims. "In the name of Faern I will see this criminal brought to justice!"  

jennibert

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 pm
"Adults? What other adults? I only remember only having to deal with... Crap..." Rubbing a nasty crick in his neck, " I mean. It certainly is possible that he's expanded and hired others. I mean, he can't exactly rely on children to do is dirty work any mor-... I'm going to stop talking now for a little bit..."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 pm
"Yes... walk right into there, where he's nice and secure. Plenty of guards, traps, and who knows what else. Tch, that's not how you do it. You find out if he leaves first, find a schedule, then nail him when he's least protected."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:39 pm
"To be truthful, I have no particular ideas how best to deal with Gaedren, and I'm certainly not capable of doing so, even with such capable individuals as yourselves. But, I can say that his current residence is doubling as a side business for the monster, and he likely isn't expecting an attack at the moment. Spying on him, however... it could raise the alarm, if you were seen. Perhaps a rapid assault would be the best course of action? I am no warrior, I admit, so I couldn't say for certain."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:22 pm
Pulling out two small vials, both filled with a glowing viscous red liquid from a pouch. "Of course, I do have these two lovingly crafted catalysts that I've been saving. I'm not sure how much longer it will keep. I guess now's a good a time as any. I've had a long time to be careful about it. Well! Who else wants to join my in a suicide run? One or two of you could sneak around while we do it."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 pm
"Fine, tell me all you all know of this guy. If he's like most, his place would be one of the most secure for him. If he isn't, then a quick move out and bust in would work best."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff